It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something yesterday, can anyone relate? [No videos or pics]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
*If this belongs in another forum please report/move it to wherever it should be.
First off I have to say I was never a UFO guy, and my instinct regarding most UFO videos leans towards them being fakes.

That being said,
I live in a city that borders a great area of mountains. Last night I was out in that area having a BBQ 'till the late hours of the night. We were at an area that had no light sources in it whatsoever. Our only light sources came form flashlights, our cars' lights and the grill fire.
So when you look at the skies you'd see plenty of stars you wouldn't normally see from in town.

Anyway all of a sudden we saw a light from something that we thought was a helicopter. It went bigger and stronger so we assumed it's just it's front light appearing brighter because he's in our direction. Couple of seconds passed and the light became incredibly brighter and bigger, almost double in size. It then caught everyone's attention, lots of jaws were wide open that moment! Then it suddenly disappeared to our amazement. It was a clear as hell day in the sky, not a single cloud up there, and the light simply disappeared. It also kind of appeared out of nowhere but I can't be sure cause I wasn't following it from the beginning.

Anyone had any resembling experience or is smart enough to know what this might be? As I said I'm instinctively leaning towards every other explanation other than a UFO, but so far I've got no other logical options!

Thanks for replies in advance and Mods move this if this does not belong in this forum.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Something similar happenned to me a few months ago, there were other people there but no one could find it after it disappeared

Thought it was a plane, or helicopter like you but they don't just disappear into nothing, oh well, who knows.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Sounds like you may have seen a satellite iridium flare mate , please check This out

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I can relate. This has happened several times with me/ or my family as well. One time, I did have a hovering light over me in car . The light grew bigger in intensity 3x as it hovered. It hovered several minutes and the light dimmed the same as it had gotten brighter then blinked out totally. I couldn't find the object anywhere as no standard faa lights were being employed. Also have to admit that I was a bit too scared to get out of the car right away but did after a min or so . I got out of the car to scout for this thing....it was then off in the distance. It lit up it's big round white light . I noticed the light and stared in disbelief -still- as to what had just happened to me...Saw it, then it blinked out for last time. Reported to Mufon...

Have had numerous other sightings of UFO's as well.....whether anyone wishes to believe or not....tis true.
I'd really like to make a thread on the isosoles triangle craft. Everyone else seems to have seen the Belgium type ...but spouse and I witnessed the arrowhead style.... with 5 huge round flush lights on underside . One in very front and two on ea side.

There are many things to be seen out there if one would but look ...
They'd become not so skeptical anymore imo...

Thanks for sharing ... Am sure you'll have a lot of responses or at least I hope you do!
edit on 1-6-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Sounds like you may have seen a satellite iridium flare mate , please check This out

I've seen those as well. These of course are in the upper atmosphere and do not hover over cars. But yes, good answer. You should rule out other things before you consider it a ufo.

Sometimes too, there could be a lot of atmospheric distortion or cloud cover that can give this illusion and fool our eyes...

Need to keep level head , and do use logic though .
but of course!

new topics

top topics

join