It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Sex-Selection Abortions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Obama Opposes Sex-selection Abortion Ban, House Rejects Bill

The "Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act," would have subjected doctors to a five-year prison term if they performed abortions intended to select gender. Medical and mental health professionals also would have had to report suspected violations to authorities or face a one-year sentence ...

White House deputy press secretary Jamie Smith told [ABC's Jake Tapper] in a statement: “The Administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms, but the end result of this legislation would be to subject doctors to criminal prosecution if they fail to determine the motivations behind a very personal and private decision. The government should not intrude in medical decisions or private family matters in this way.” ...

Republicans, also jockeying for the women's vote in November elections, argued that the "real war against women" is in an increasing number of abortions of female fetuses due to preferences for boys among some ethnic groups.

"Simply put, what this bill does is give baby girls the same chance at life as baby boys," said Republican Representative Marsha Blackburn during Wednesday's debate on the House floor. "A vote against ending sex-selection abortion is a vote in favor of gender bias and female gendercide."

My comments -

1 - Either abortion is legal or it isn't. Pick one or the other. Right now it's legal, right?

2 - Gendercide is vile ... but how would a person be able to prove that someone killed their unborn child because of his or her gender? All that aborting woman would have to do is say .. 'I want to abort'. End of story. So the law can't be enforced.

3 - Margaret Sanger would be proud. Abortion is black genocide.

ETA - 4 - If the thought of gender selection abortions rubs you the wrong way .. why? How is it different than any other abortion? If one type of abortion is 'just wrong', then why are the others OKAY? Or aren't they?
edit on 6/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms, but the end result of this legislation would be to subject doctors to criminal prosecution if they fail to determine the motivations behind a very personal and private decision. The government should not intrude in medical decisions or private family matters in this way.

Sounds like he is defending the doctors and personal choice to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What a grotesquely tacky edit job you did there for the title of this thread.

"Obama Defends Sex-Selection Abortions" Really?

Seriously?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Funny how you try to spin this as something Obama shot down.

The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday rejected Republican legislation banning abortions based on the sex of the fetus in a vote that keeps the election-year spotlight on an emotionally charged issue.

WHO controls the US House of Representatives????

Oh right...the pro-life Republicans control the House of Representatives and can pass any bill they like in the House. This is why, even though I am pro-life personally, I don't base my vote on it because they are all hypocrites when it comes to abortion. Republicans have had multiple chances in the past two decades to do something about abortion and have passed up the opportunity.

So there you have it....it was the REPUBLICANS that killed this bill...not Obama.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
What a grotesquely tacky edit job you did there for the title of this thread.

Um ... no.
It's exactly what he did. He defended sex selection abortions from the Republicans who wanted it outlawed. It's just the ugly truth of it.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
..it was the REPUBLICANS that killed this bill...not Obama.

It was Obama with the help of some republicans.
The fact is ... he defended sex selection abortions being legal in the USA.

Hey .. either all abortions are legal or none are. Why aren't you PROUD that he defended it?
Afterall .. it should be a womans right to choose to kill her unborn kid based on gender just as much as
it should be a womans right to choose to kill her unborn kid for any other reason.

The reason is none of our business right? So you should be PROUD of Obama.
So why are you pawning this off and not saying 'kudos' to Obama? hmmmm?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It was Obama with the help of some republicans.

I wasn't aware Obama had a vote in the House of Representatives

But you are telling me that Obama got Republicans, who don't support him on ANYTHING, to support him on killing an anti-abortion bill???

Hey .. either all abortions are legal or none are. Why aren't you PROUD that he defended it?
Afterall .. it should be a womans right to choose to kill her unborn kid based on gender just as much as
it should be a womans right to choose to kill her unborn kid for any other reason.

The reason is none of our business right? So you should be PROUD of Obama.
So why are you pawning this off and not saying 'kudos' to Obama? hmmmm?

As I stated before, I am pro-life...I think all abortions should be illegal based on the biological definitions of life.

Unlike you...I am able to say I disagree with the person or people I support.

Like it or not...the failure of this bill lies directly on the shoulders of the House Republicans. If you honestly think Republicans want to do anything about the current state of abortion...then they have successfully fooled you...it is the issue that gets them the most votes without them ever doing a thing about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not a surprise considering Obama was OK with killing babies that had survived abortions.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
All I have to say on the subject.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
All I have to say on the subject.

I agree.

You should ask the pro-life Republicans you support why they killed this bill.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He defended sex selection abortions from the Republicans who wanted it outlawed. It's just the ugly truth of it.

Um, no.

The Administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms

He did not defend gender-selection abortions, but rather what is a LEGAL right to a LEGAL medical procedure from attacks on that right steeped in this phony BS "gender discrimination abortion" outrage. The TRUTH is, no one can even quantify the real number of these at ALL, ever, because the percentage of people in the US who admit to gender-selection reasons for abortions approaches zero, largely because "what are your emotional motivations" is not a question you are asked before getting an abortion. You have fallen for this blatant propaganda distraction like the rest of the lemmings, and THAT is just the ugly truth of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That kid has legal rights just as soon as I can buy a life insurance policy on it.
When the courts agree that a fetus is "alive" enough to warrant "LIFE" insurance, then okay. It's got rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but sex-selection is one aspect of abortion I can never support. I have no logical reason to back up my decision, but this is just absolutely disgusting to me.

edit on 1-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Very clever.

I wonder how many ppl are going to read that headline and carry & spread the lie around?

This is a new low for ATS.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The new low for ATS is defending Eugenics.

Abortion was already eugenics,selective breeding to keep those poor lower class citizens from procreation and the left all to happy to oblige, and then it has become legally acceptable to kill a child not because a parent didn't want it outright, but now based off if it is a boy or girl.

Pat yourselves on the back Leftists another step towards Chinas one policy and their practice of having a preference over boys over girls.

The left is defending sex selection abortions which is murder but how we get a double dose of wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sigh. The straw is flying today.

No one is defending gender-selection abortions, they're defending abortion *period* against shameless BS attacks on it based on ludicrous claims like gender selection being a significant influencing factor at all. Again, there have been few studies on this, and the ones that were done show an INFINITESIMALLY small percentage to be motivated by gender, mostly by Asian communities. What this bill would do is not end gender selection abortions----because anyone can just lie and say they can't keep the baby and it has nothing to do with gender. What it does is require doctors to inquire about the motivations of the patient and to make their own guesses as to the person's true motivations, which is the REAL threat to freedom and ushering-in of the police state. Now they get to penalize me based on what THEY THINK are my thoughts and feelings? Does that scream of anti-hate-crime-law hypocrisy? Are you saying you support hate crime laws?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's different because it's discriminatory... Here's an example..

"My darling I wish you to give me a son so that I may teach him all the manly things that he will need to know to become a man.... oh it's a girl? OFF WITH HER HEAD!!"

Little dramatized but you get the point.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Yes they are because the left blocked the attempt to make selective abortion be punishable by fines and prison terms.

They defended it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They want boys over girls so they can turn them ... into gay little boys..

FAIL on Obamas part...

What has this world come to

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama didn't cast a vote.

The House Republicans killed this bill.

Why aren't you addressing that???

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Democrats Kill Bill Banning Sex Selective Abortion

Democrats in the House of Representatives have voted down a bill that would ban sex selective abortions after two videos surfaced this week showing Planned Parenthood employees advising women about how to abort their child should it be a girl instead of a boy.

The legislation needed a two-thirds vote and Democrats voted overwhelmingly against the legislation after President Barack Obama and Planned Parenthood came out in opposition.

townhall.com...

With a 246-168 vote, the bill did not obtain the two-thirds majority necessary to pass. Republicans voted for the bill on a 226-7 margin while Democrats opposed banning sex-selection abortions on 161-20 vote margin.

Because all Democrats are the same pea in the pod they take their cue from the fearless leader after all this is an election year.

edit on 1-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join