It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 pound lead coffin mystery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by kat2684

hmmm I have a big problem with the vatican and all their secrets who are they to decide what I should or shouldn't know,so when it all goes to rack and ruin I shall be heading over that way with the biggest sledge hammer I can find and I will go see for myself what is down there.

I suspect you will find a bunch of mind-numbingly boring books written in dead languages.

Not to say there isn't interesting stuff for historians, but if you go expecting to unlock the secrets of the universe you will most likely come away disappointed. You would learn far more by going to your local library and working your way through the science and history sections.

Dan Brown has a lot to answer for.....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
I read somewhere that it might be too dangerous to open the coffin because the lead dust could cause cancer. So they may have just let it alone
edit on 6-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

I am pretty sure they have masks that can hand that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by rapunzel222

possibly you never know,life has a way of constantly surprising us although if it was a vamp I would have made sure that the bottom of the burrito was sealed up good and tight as well.

I find it very odd that the bottom is unfolded. It does not seem like after being buried it could have unfolded by itself. Did someone add something into the bottom at the burial or did grave robbers open it, then why stop there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would bet that it was already unfolded before being buried. If it was unfolded after being buried, the lead would have had to have been heated to soften the metal and there would be evidence of that visible on the outside. So the real question is why was it buried to begin with?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
could it be the remains of the giant emperor Maximinus? How big is the coffin?

Maximinus was born in Thrace or Moesia to a Gothic father and an Alanic mother. He was reportedly eight feet, six inches (2.59m) tall and of tremendous strength. He joined the army during the reign of Septimius Severus, but did not rise to a powerful position until promoted by Alexander Severus. Maximinus was in command of the recruits from Pannonia, who were angered by Alexander´s payments to the Alemanni and his avoidance of war. The troops, among which Legio XXII Primigenia, elected the stern Maximinus, killing young Alexander and his mother at Mainz in 235. The Praetorian Guard acclaimed him emperor, and their choice was grudgingly confirmed by the Senate, who were displeased to have a peasant as emperor.

source: www.stevequayle.com
edit on 10-6-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

HIs head ended up in rome on the end of a spike but he was killed in Aquileia hundreds of miles from rome i dont think they would bother to transport his body all that way and give a fancy buriel

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join