It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder/DOJ Orders Florida to HALT Push to Remove Ineligible Voters: (WTF!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
I think WW2 veterans born in Brooklyn, NY should be able to vote in Florida.

I do not agree that people don't have the right to vote.

I am pro-freedom

not anti-freedom

but Rick Scott prefers anti-freedom.

I say purge all of 'em !!!

A simple I.D. makes Everybody equal !!

Show YOUR Own I.D. too,

not somebody else's !!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Beanskinner

Innuendo isn't proof - the people trying to suppress the vote haven't proved anything,
Florida can't deny people the their vote just based upon a verbal narrative invented by
the competing political party.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

Holder cares about Laws,and upholding them,so WHY isn't Holder being held for his treasonous actions,in Fast and Furious ?

No Innuendo there,right ? No accountability either,right ?

He shouldn't be in a POSITION to do ANYTHING,except answer for his part,in the murders of Mexicans,and Americans !!!!

So you are using a political scandal, to justify take away people's votes? That is very interesting
how you converted that. Holder is bad, so it is a good reason to subvert the voting process,
that is some crazy logic there.

But dont let FACTS get in the way,of keeping things fair,in voter participation,in Florida.......

What facts? You didn't use any facts about voting, read your post, you talked about Holder
not voter participation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't believe more folks are discussing this.

Another power swipe by DOJ Numb Nut-currently being reviewed for contempt charges by the US House of Representatives....

Come on.

Where is the ATS Madness!!!!! Hoo Rah!!!!

It is getting close to election time. Lets hammer away and get things out there.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There you go folks Holder in Florida then Holder in Arizona doing everything in his power that will stop voter fraud but doing everything to enable it.

It has nothing to do with the law except breaking it because they would lose the administration.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What facts? You didn't use any facts about voting, read your post, you talked about Holder
not voter participation.

HOLDER IS THE ISSUE,FOR ME........

He shouldnt be IN the position to make this call ! Get it ?

You seem to care about voter rights,but seem to IGNORE what this man has done,and has allowed,when it comes to American citizens,and Mexican citizens. Dont sugar coat the real intentions you have. Keeping Obama in Power,by any means necessary,regardless if he has treasonous murders working for him,or is involved himself...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea

There is one problem with Rick Scott's new law.

1. It purged eligible voters

It was supposed to purge ineligible voters but instead purged eligible voters.

We Democrats will not allow voter suppression to continue.

We will not allow Romney to steal Florida.

So in a purge of no doubt thouands of ineligible voters you
make a federal case out of one veteran who was accidentally
flagged and who I am sure got the situation corrected.

Those of us who do actually follow the constitution will not
allow Hitler junior to steal the election in Florida by packing
the voter rolls with people who have no right to vote.

"so in a purge of no doubt thouands of ineligible voters"

"no doubt thousands?" Where are you getting this information that thousands are ineligible? Who are these thousands?
I have yet to see ONE confirmed case of voter fraud - at least one that did not involve the brand new electronic machines purchased by Jeb Bush in 2001. Voting machines that came straight from the factory with thousands of votes for the GOP candidate already on them. There was a story in the local paper and they made a local joke out of it.

And what makes you assume it was only one man denied his right to vote? He is an example how easy it is to be a US citizen in good standing and still be denied your right to vote with these tactics.

The right of the voter in the USA
is more sacred than the election itself.

You can't make any new changes now - It is too late and too close to the next election.
You can require a government issued state ID card to vote but you can't do it in this election.
For any significant changes or restrictions like this to be placed on voters you have to settle it years in advance and give ALL people time to meet the newly required identification requirements.
edit on 2-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

not voter participation.

HOLDER IS THE ISSUE,FOR ME........

He shouldnt be IN the position to make this call ! Get it ?

You seem to care about voter rights,but seem to IGNORE what this man has done,and has allowed,when it comes to American citizens,and Mexican citizens. Dont sugar coat the real intentions you have. Keeping Obama in Power,by any means necessary,regardless if he has treasonous murders working for him,or is involved himself...

I think if you pile enough wrongs together they turn into a right.

Or do they? I mean just because you don't like Holder you are willing to deny God fearing, law abiding, tax paying patriotic Americans their most sacred right to vote. If one citizen is inconvenienced or turned away it goes against everything America was founded on and stands for. You want a Round-up? See Monsanto. They are good at it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There is one problem with Rick Scott's new law.

1. It purged eligible voters

It was supposed to purge ineligible voters but instead purged eligible voters.

We Democrats will not allow voter suppression to continue.

We will not allow Romney to steal Florida.

How about we allow it to be contested, that way no voters that are eligible are purged. You'd rather not do that since you will lose votes though, the status quo suits you fine when it helps you.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Innuendo isn't proof - the people trying to suppress the vote haven't proved anything,
Florida can't deny people the their vote just based upon a verbal narrative invented by

Holder cares about Laws,and upholding them,so WHY isn't Holder being held for his treasonous actions,in Fast and Furious ?

He shouldn't be in a POSITION to do ANYTHING,except answer for his part,in the murders of Mexicans,and Americans !!!!

So you are using a political scandal, to justify take away people's votes? That is very interesting
how you converted that. Holder is bad, so it is a good reason to subvert the voting process,

But dont let FACTS get in the way,of keeping things fair,in voter participation,in Florida.......

not voter participation.

Holder is attempting to subvert the voting process, rather than ensure eligible voters aren't purged he is ensuring INELIGIBLE voters aren't. Want to guess which way the ineligible votes will swing ....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Or do they? I mean just because you don't like Holder you are willing to deny God fearing, law abiding, tax paying patriotic Americans their most sacred right to vote. If one citizen is inconvenienced or turned away it goes against everything America was founded on and stands for. You want a Round-up? See Monsanto. They are good at it.

No.

I am saying THIS man has NO right,or say,in voicing an opinion, when it comes to the atrocity's,he has committed. The voter thing,can get worked on,by other people.Not him.
edit on 2-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

not voter participation.

Holder is attempting to subvert the voting process, rather than ensure eligible voters aren't purged he is ensuring INELIGIBLE voters aren't. Want to guess which way the ineligible votes will swing ....

Not exactly how it is going down. About 1/4 of people who have been notified they are ineligible to vote actually are eligible and that is why all the fuss over this not so subtle means to disenfranchise minorities from the voting process. They have sent out a mass mailing telling everyone they are no longer eligible to vote unless they respond to the letter that was sent out. Many people missed the letter and did not call and so now Rick Scott is trying to make it so those who missed the memo and did not call or write back to RE AFFIRM their citizenship and right to vote - can't vote. Illegal. Pure and simple.

Another thing they are doing here in FL is stopping groups like the League of Women voters from recruiting drives. They go around and register people to vote. What they are trying to do is when you register someone to vote you have to do a background check within 48 hours and if the person is not eligible to vote for any reason they want to hit the recruiter with a $1000 fine. For signing people up and trying to get them registered to vote!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join