It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder/DOJ Orders Florida to HALT Push to Remove Ineligible Voters: (WTF!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

TALLAHASSEE, Fla – Federal authorities are demanding that Florida halt its push to remove ineligible voters from the voter rolls. In a move that comes just months before the state could play a pivotal role in the 2012 presidential election, the U.S. Department of Justice contends that the state is violating federal law in its effort to identify and remove ineligible voters.

The state's effort has already come under fire from local election supervisors who belong to both political parties, as well as Democratic members of Congress and voting rights groups.Chris Cate, a spokesman for the Florida Department of State, said state officials were still reviewing the letter, but hinted Florida may fight federal authorities. "Bottom line is we are firmly committed to doing the right thing and preventing ineligible voters from being able to cast a ballot," Cate said

Florida, at the urging of Republican Gov. Rick Scott, began looking for non-U.S. citizens on its voter rolls last year. An initial search turned up as many as 182,000 registered voters who may not be U.S. citizens. Earlier this year state officials sent to local election officials a much smaller list of more than 2,600 voters and asked supervisors to start the process to remove them from the rolls.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Okay.... What country do we live in again? What the hell is happening to STATES Rights? I stand with Florida on this one. Do what is right to do-as outlined by LAW!

I can't believe Holder and the Obama Camp. They are doing the Exact opposite of what the law states AGAIN.

First it's the Black Panthers, then Fast & Furious, then States Voter ID Laws, Immigration resistance.... and on and on. Oh, and Terrorist stuff:

I about tossed up breakfast when I saw that one!!! LOL

Again. they want to ensure every vote counts... legitimate or not. Keep up the Fight!!!!!

edit on 6/1/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Rick Scott is tearing up the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Rick Scotts purge included eligible voters including a WW2 veteran.

I think stripping voters rights is wrong..

How can you support removing our rights?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

He's not stripping. He's purging. With the new laws in place, any questionable person on the rolls will have to ID themselves.

How can you NOT support that?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think WW2 veterans born in Brooklyn, NY should be able to vote in Florida.

I do not agree that people don't have the right to vote.

I am pro-freedom

not anti-freedom

but Rick Scott prefers anti-freedom.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Meet Bill: The 91-Year-Old Decorated WWII Veteran Targeted By Florida Governor Rick Scott’s Voter Purge

thinkprogress.org... ge/

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wether stripping or purging it is still taking our rights away.

I am suprised Tea Party people don't mind taking away rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't support voter suppresion.

I don't support Jim Crow Laws

I don't support purging voters

I don't support deying a WW2 veteran the right to vote.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

What about the citizens of the country's Rights? To ensure Proper Voting is occurring. With advancement in technologies... we can now verify (more so) who a person is and that the sanctity of our voting system is the MOST up-to-date and accurate?

TO make it the most fairest etc. The most correct thing to do.

Let me guess, you don't believe that there is any voter fraud... Apparently you missed my last thread-and others.

Watch Video... just in case you are really ignorant to the truth of what is happening around you-seriously.

US House Votes to Stop Obama Immigration Lawsuits: (Start Enforcing the law instead of Fighting them
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Looking for one specific area of corruption in the voting system is a fools errand, it's akin to looking for a black dog in the night. The whole system is a sham.What's the point in looking at one aspect when the whole thing is rotten? The American voting process is clearly dictated by money, just like virtually every other aspect of it's political system.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There is one problem with Rick Scott's new law.

1. It purged eligible voters

It was supposed to purge ineligible voters but instead purged eligible voters.

We Democrats will not allow voter suppression to continue.

We will not allow Romney to steal Florida.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot

So in a purge of no doubt thouands of ineligible voters you
make a federal case out of one veteran who was accidentally
flagged and who I am sure got the situation corrected.

Those of us who do actually follow the constitution will not
allow Hitler junior to steal the election in Florida by packing
the voter rolls with people who have no right to vote.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

That's because the Democrats plan to steal Florida.Same nonsense on both sides.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
IN Tennessee you have to bring an ID and your voter card. You have had to for as long as I can remember. Still we have Chicago style voting precints in Memphis which votes predominantly Democrat along with Nashville. The rest of the state votes Conservative and TN does have some D's who are conservative, just not many like they all were 25 years back. TN has very little fraud outside of Memphis and it has to be because of voter id techniques. I am sure someone can find an instance where I am wrong but like the so far one WWII vet, it is going to be few and far between. THEREFORE, it is better to make a mistake with one or a few than with THOUSANDS. What would you vote for if one side promised free stuff to you as an illegal alien resident? I suspect your best interest which could NOT POSSIBLY BE in the best interest of the country or it's citizens. I ask what would Mexico do if I tried to pull this fraudulant plan off in their country? Probably worse than prevent me from voting illegally.So I will say anyone who wants ILEGALS to vote is ONLY interested in destroying what the REAL CITIZENS are trying to vote in favor. How do you explain yourselves and not feel a cringe of misrepresenting the facts so these people can help your side steal an election? It may end up that we have to go back to people who own land or pay taxes become the Republic's legal voters. THAT would stop the fraud.After all people with their handout, who can work, would not be able to vote the ones in that pad their bank accounts from the fruits of the workforce who struggle to put food on the table and raise their own children that for which they should provide.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Got it.

Holder the Democrat,will use his Federal "Power" and wield his Axe to keep Florida,a free voter state.
Will he ALSO hand out Guns,to illegals aliens,to keep the legitimate voters safe from those who shouldnt vote.
Holders M.O.,is NEVER in question,right?

Time to throw this bum out.....................

This one too....................

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Knowing how the GOP establishment screwed Ron Paul, I suspect
the GOP was trying to shave off some Democratic votes. Suppression has
been an issue in the south for a long time.I don't people should bogus claims
to interfere with a citizens vote. All a suppression effort has to do is engineer
many barriers for the poor and old. The will catch people off guard and disqualify
them for technicalities.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by sonnny1

Innuendo isn't proof - the people trying to suppress the vote haven't proved anything,
Florida can't deny people the their vote just based upon a verbal narrative invented by
the competing political party.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea

Prove that he is doing that -

You can't rip people off because you suspect something, or just SAY you suspect something.

Not gonna happen,

that will turn real ugly

Best man wins, that's the American way

So in a purge of no doubt thouands of ineligible voters you
make a federal case out of one veteran who was accidentally
flagged and who I am sure got the situation corrected.

Those of us who do actually follow the constitution will not
allow Hitler junior to steal the election in Florida by packing
the voter rolls with people who have no right to vote.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner

Innuendo isn't proof - the people trying to suppress the vote haven't proved anything,
Florida can't deny people the their vote just based upon a verbal narrative invented by
the competing political party.

Holder cares about Laws,and upholding them,so WHY isn't Holder being held for his treasonous actions,in Fast and Furious ?

No Innuendo there,right ? No accountability either,right ?

He shouldn't be in a POSITION to do ANYTHING,except answer for his part,in the murders of Mexicans,and Americans !!!!

But dont let FACTS get in the way,of keeping things fair,in voter participation,in Florida.......

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Holder cares about Laws,and upholding them,so WHY isn't Holder being held for his treasonous actions,in Fast and Furious ?

What ever happened to the armed Black Panthers who were standing outside the voting booth to the last Presidential Election?

They got a White House invite after their boy was elected.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The founding Fathers of this nation all agreed that the federal goverment should be a minimalist goverment.
I believe they foresaw the stranglehold which would eventually occur as the Federal Goverment grew in size and complexity.
They created the Second Amendment for just such a situation and there is no doubt about the language they used in the Constitution.
Its obvious that the federals have overstepped the bounds of constitutional goverment in countless ways.......
Its up to the people to make it right......
nuff said....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join