It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Syria 'mass killing' reported ahead of UN meeting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

US isn't a religious theocracy; Syria and Iran are. US military swear to uphold the constitution not the bible. 

Your argument here is intellectually dishonest. You know the differences but you intentionally chose not to acknowledge them because it would hurt the furtherance of your agenda.   

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While it may not be religious theocracy they worship money and murder.

False again: I have no agenda.

Plus that pastor was not a government official.

Secondly a lot of evangelical influence is in US politics and government.
edit on 043030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 16:13:34 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree.

People seem to become desensitized to it all,forgetting that real people are dying.
All you have to do is to realize this could be your family,your children. Jumping to conclusions,or basing on wild opinions,or assumptions,doesnt help,those who died.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

While it may not be religious theocracy they worship money and murder.

What does that have to do with Syria? You seem to like to change the focus of threads to perceived US wrongdoing regardless the topic at hand.

False again: I have no agenda.

Of course you do. Everyone has an agenda.

Plus that pastor was not a government official.

So why did you post a video of the pastor? Oh, that’s right, it was simply to bag on Christians (part of your agenda).

Secondly a lot of evangelical influence is in US politics and government.

Who? Where? What have they accomplished? Certainly you’re not implying that the wars in the ME are related to evangelical influence!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Whatever the hell is going on over there, we have no say. If, for some wacky reason, the same was happening in America, how would you feel if another country just started dropping bombs on your neighborhood for your own good?

We expect other countries to stay out of our messes, we should do the same for them.

On another note, it's amazing that the same people who are gun-ho about interfering in Syria are generally the same people who go berserk about our deficit and overspending. Maybe we should fix ourselves before we fix other countries. You can't change the world without changing yourself. Judge not, lest ye be judged. and all that blather...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Fact is that there is no legitimate evidence to back up the wests claims.
Considering we all know what the west wants to do, I must take the Syrian governments side until they are proven to be in the wrong.
I give them the benefit of the doubt because I know I have been lied to before about the same things.

Yes people are clearly dying but it seems fairly unlikely that the west's version of events are true.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by HumanCondition
Do not believe the lies people

Gaddafi, Assad, Ahmadenijad...why do liberals always champion the wrong side?
Please, Gaddafi did nothing wrong and there is no real legitimate evidence to say Assad has either. I know Israel loves to scare people about Ahmadinejad but if the threat was as big as they claim then surely they would have already acted, he has done nothing to warrant dislike, does not have or plan to build nukes and it is clearly Israel who is the threat to peace in the region. In fact they are obviously not just a threat because they have been raping peace for over half a century now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You know it's amazing to me that ATS seems to care more about gay superheros and clubbing seals than the fact the we are about to spend millions of dollars to bomb another country on false pretenses.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree.

People seem to become desensitized to it all,forgetting that real people are dying.
All you have to do is to realize this could be your family,your children. Jumping to conclusions,or basing on wild opinions,or assumptions,doesnt help,those who died.

What would your solution be tho?
Send in the troops who will end up killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent people?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I can't speak for sonnny1 but, why does everyone always go down that route?
Why are there no other solutions suggested?

What are your suggestions besides war?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's not like Romney will come in and magically fix everything.

Not even close.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you sure that you don't know of people in the military that believe strongly in the "end times"?

Whether you do or not, here's a nice refresher. You may not like the sources though.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

ST. LOUIS -- A military chaplains serves as both a religious leader and a listener -- ideally one who can assist military personnel of all faiths. A frequent refrain among chaplains is "chaplain to all, pastor to some." But according to Department of Defense data, the nation's corps of chaplains leans heavily toward evangelical Christianity, failing to mirror the military it serves. Even though just 3 percent of the military's enlisted personnel and officers call themselves Southern Baptist, Pentecostal or some form of evangelical, 33 percent of military chaplains are members of one of those groups, according to Pentagon statistics. And the disparity could soon widen: Data from the Air Force indicate that 87 percent of those seeking to become chaplains are enrolled at evangelical divinity schools. The discrepancy is the result of a number of variables, including a post-Vietnam aversion by mainline Protestant and Catholic seminary leaders to participate in military culture, and the popularity of online chaplaincy courses at evangelical seminaries.

Granted, this is from 2009 and some may poo-poo the 3% figure.

Another link (albeit older and with another unpopular source):

my.firedoglake.com... ian/

"The special forces guys — they hunt men, basically. We do the same things as Christians, we hunt people for Jesus. We do, we hunt them down. Get the hound of heaven after them, so we get them into the kingdom." These words from a video clip of the head chaplain for the US army in Afghanistan, Lt. Col. Gary Hensley, giving a sermon at Bagram Air Force base, were broadcast widely throughout the Muslim world by Al Jazeera in 2009. President Bush accelerated the efforts that had been underway for the past several decades to Christianize the military and make it into an arm of the fundamentalist Christian movement in America. Hensley was one of many influential leaders in the military who saw the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as essentially a spiritual battle for souls. Muslims worldwide rightly saw this as a chilling throwback to the medieval Crusades which pitted Muslims and Christians against each other, in a "war of civilizations" that spanned several hundred years.

If you can stomach the sources, read the rest.

To be fair, the military is diverse in regards to faith. Still, if the ones making the big decisions allow their religious beliefs to interfere with the best interests of our nation, we could most certainly be up # creek without a paddle.

edit on 2-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by HumanCondition

I can't speak for sonnny1 but, why does everyone always go down that route?
Why are there no other solutions suggested?

What are your suggestions besides war?
Well the only other solution I can think of that the west would use is sanctions but they usually kill just as many if not more people.

Its a very hard question, I would look at perhaps making their economic situation fairer. Their financial system is controlled by the same people that control ours and as we all know poverty breads these problems. Obviously that wouldn't be a full solution, nothing is, but it would certianly be a good start.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I highly doubt Assad is doing any of this. He knows NATO would fall on him like a ton of bricks and oust him for damn sure, he would not be stoking the fire.

More plausible that he is fighting terrorists trying to depose him so the Muslim Brotherhood can step up to the plate and surround Israel on all sides with people who definately want to destroy it. Assad will be deposed it's just a matter of time. The, U.S. government knows commiting to action against him would be an unpopular move with the people here and Obama bin Laden has another election to win so you can expect him to commit to ousting Assad after he wins said election (and he will).

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Blah...

Some of the replies in this thread are just ridiculous in my opinion.

People are dying. I realize emotions are running high but stop with the lies and deceit simply because it may expose your version of events as a house of cards. [Whichever side that may be] The real question should be,

Who is doing the killings and why?

Not simply sit back and deny the whole thing happened.

pffft...

Didn't you get the memo? Denying EVERYTHING so as to make it fit into your pre-determined understanding of the world is the new "Skepticism".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join