It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which would you choose, unconditional love or unconditional freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would take unconditional freedom.

Then in my state of unconditional freedom I would still be able to unconditionally love and be free to help others do the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Returner

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Returner

Did you read the original post before replying, because there were indeed rules there, so it isn't unconditional.

Then its not unconditional, so don't call it so.
I'm afraid you are correct. It is unconditional surrender to a state of mind that enslaves the human spirit and does not allow it the freedom, to fly...... Prisoners must unconditionally respect their guards....

We, humanity, start off as children, simple, loving. Through our lives we experience the good the bad the beautiful, and yes, the ugly, life has to offer. We must see the truth of hate and vengeance, for if we did not, we would never know or experience, or appreciate true love. Love like art can not be forced, it can only have its seeds planted and hope for fruition.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They are one in the same. I know this is counter intuitive to our minds. We have been conditioned into dualistic thinking. 01.

Unconditional love means loving all that is with out exception. If you are truly living with unconditional freedom it must be from a place of unconditional love. True freedom is doing whatever without any fear, and this results from living from total love toward everything.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
unconditional love IS unconditional freedom.

but unconditional freedom is not unconditional love.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I choose a balance of both. Love to temper my freedom, and freedom to temper my love.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I choose a balance of both. Love to temper my freedom, and freedom to temper my love.
That, I can love

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

With unconditional love, you do not have the freedom to hate, you can only love.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by yourmaker

With unconditional love, you do not have the freedom to hate, you can only love.
It is human to error, but Divine to forgive. Unconditional love is a attribute to the divine. Trying to replicate it on earth is the heighth of arrogance. We can only aspire to this goal, not achieve it. It was never meant for us to be something we could never be. Unconditional love becomes stagnate and repulsive and will sour. Too much of anything will ruin any recipe. Too much love in the form of fertilizer will destroy the most beautiful flower.

The greatest sin is that you are unable to give context to this question! Non the less, I commend you on the asking of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is a little bit off topic but I felt I owed the thread an apology for my first post...I tend to get a little out of whack when I am about to have a majour migraine...so I apologize for that post.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
love

if love was the only emotion acted upon heaven truly would be a place on earth.

if this was heaven, we would be alive. Are love would be are life and we would live for what we loved, in heaven we would be free, unity would make us whole
but actions would always speak louder than words because endless love means love creates love the more you give the more you get back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join