It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CITIZENS can Take back America by closing the purse strings, legally. Change your tax filing status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Do you realize if every tax paying citizen of America went to their human resources department at their job, and changed their tax filing status to S-10, (single ten), the amount of federal taxes taken out of their paycheck each week would drop to nearly zero?

It is every ones right to do so. You are simply overestimating the number of dependents you will have to claim on 2013 tax returns. In doing so, you would have, weekly, the current amount on your pay stub next to fed tax, to boost your local economy with. You are still liable to pay that tax, but can collect interest on it in a bank account, until next April 15th (over even August 2013 if you file an for a delay on your tax filing).

The purse strings would be shut, and the government would have no funds to misuse, waste, or steal. There would be no money to fill the war machines with fuel, and as long as this was done in unison, like an organized "movement", with demands as simple as expecting our leaders to defend, not diminish our Constitutionally Protected Rights to Liberty and Freedom; we Together can stand as One.

My question is, could something so simple yet powerful be organized to occur, say on Sept. 10th (S-10) and if so, what do you think would happen? I've often feared bringing this up would put a target on me, but I face my fear now with this post, as my fear of what might be left of our Freedom if we do nothing, is far greater.

Imagine the message this would send, in an Election year. This is not illegal. We are asked to 'estimate' the number of dependents we'll use when filing in the future, one can not be sure if they'll father 10 new people by then or not. I'd rather invest my earnings and pay all the income tax a year later, all at once. What if everyone felt this way?
edit on 1-6-2012 by AlchemistSwami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If you guys did that you would get martial law or they would just jack up other taxes.
These people are junkies and should be treated as such

Or they would just put it on credit again. Let's face it, everyone is treated like slaves unless they're in the "club"
edit on 1-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Income tax isn't the only way the government makes money, but my question is if you take the money from the government, the economy will grow even more unstable and the banks holding your money might lose it. In my opinion its a lose-lose situation and without that money the government will not pay public servants and do public services either. Not to mention the millions without money because of their reliance on the social net provided for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Precisely. As stated above, if even a minor fraction of the civilians here did this, you'd lose just about every bit of balance left in the economy. Also, you'd be arrested for inciting others here to defraud the federal government.

Unless you're looking to do time, it's not the best idea putting ideas such as this out into the open where others may be influenced by reading it. If anyone else here on this site were to agree (with US citizenship), all the more trouble in the long run for them, as well. Fair warning.
edit on 1-6-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Um... I think this whole idea is wrong and if anyone takes your advice, they will be in hot water. There are penalties for underpaying too much of your taxes year round. So please don't do this!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Why do you think it's wrong to ponder this? Or wrong to do it, if it could be the only way for citizens to take their country back from the corrupt and elite?

I'm saddened that none of you contributed to the question I posed, regarding if this could be done by a population and if so, what would happen, but do appreciate your responses for what they are.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami
reply to post by elouina

Why do you think it's wrong to ponder this? Or wrong to do it, if it could be the only way for citizens to take their country back from the corrupt and elite?

I'm saddened that none of you contributed to the question I posed, regarding if this could be done by a population and if so, what would happen, but do appreciate your responses for what they are.

Dude, your gov't runs on credit so i don't think this would shut them down anyways.
They would punish you in evry way, but yeah they are corrupt and deserve it.
What an awkward situation

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

I would not expect it to shut them down so to speak, with a movement like this, so much as hope to wake them up. Thank you for responding.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami
reply to post by elouina

Sure folks can do this if they like. But they will certainly not be saving any money like was suggested. Tax penalties are steep. And for a person that barely gets by, it can cause financial ruin and homelessness. Would you want someone to follow your advice and lose everything? Taxers are owed year round and not just on tax day. Tax day is just the official time for balancing the books.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
yes, don't pay your taxes, declare more dependents than you have so you can get out of it...
put the money in the bank drawing what, half percent interest?? and then well, you can pay them next april....

if the gov't doesn't decide to go for revenge and decide to shut down the banks and confiscate your money before you decide to pay up!!!

no thanks...i can see that happening!! then they'd have your money, and you would still owe them the money!

top topics

join