Why am I dreaming a lot more lately?

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Not eating anything before bed or anything like that but for the past 1-2 weeks now I've had a dream almost every night without fail with the exception of about one day. I've changed my sleeping pattern to sleep earlier and wake up earlier if that has anything to do with it. Does this mean I'm not sleeping as deeply or have I simply got a better memory?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

I hear you, I have had more dreams this year than in ten, multiples every night, and crazy ones that seem more out of place that are not possible in our reality. I just had one this week about 7-8 tornados in Anchorage. Never been in one, never personally seen one. I'm thinking stress can cause out of place dreams, maybe?

No zombies eating my face though..... I'll pass!
edit on 1-6-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's not a matter of dreaming more, as much as a matter of remembering what you dreamt. which probably means you have been practicing remembering, or you have been having dreams so memorable lately that you...well, remember

Hope it helps. I practiced remembering and haven't gone a night in the last six months without remembering my dreams. Before that it was almost every week with only one or two nights of nothing

It's nothing bad, so I wouldn't worry about it
edit on 1-6-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Quitting consumption of cannabis can cause insomnia and oftentimes results in more frequent, vivid dreaming....from what I hear.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've never been on any drugs I can assure you that
. But it's really weird because it started all of a sudden, not gradually but just one night it happened whereas most of my nights before that consisted of me not remembering any dreams...weird stuff

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
been visiting this website for many years. finally decided to make account n post

was smoking weed almost everyday for like 10 years.

quitted smoking weed last week.

this past week without smoking weed, been waking up alot during my sleep

but while asleep, i had ALOT of vivid dreams.

cant remember the last time i had so many dreams

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i started dreaming last month. i say started cuz for the entirety of my life, i usually only have 2 (maybe 3) dreams a year.

once my dreams kicked off last month, i was dreaming more nights than i wasn't and having several dreams a night. it seems to have hit a lull over the past week or so and i'm not dreaming much but it was really really weird that i started dreaming out of the blue when i've never been a dreamer.

(and no...smoking had nothing to do with any of my dream issues)
edit on 6/1/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Literally the same as me although the only difference is mine are still going and the only thing I changed was going to bed earlier and waking up earlier seems totally random to have just started like that. But hey I'm not complaining though

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Switching from Sativas to Indicas will do that.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pt510

reply to post by Wulfric

Alright so i've been also dreaming a lot lately and that's why i am here (cause i was researching about it), i just made this account cause i think i get it. After all this research i have noticed that most people that are experiencing these dreams (even multiple dreams in same night like what is happening with me) have had made a change in their lives. some people quit weed after a long addiction then started dreaming, others just changed the timing habits of their sleep (i saw several cases like this).

For me personally, just recently (3 weeks ago) i had quit online gaming after 5 years of addiction. I literally used to play AT LEAST 5 hours a day. Since i quit online gamings, i've had alot of extra time each day which enabled me to also sleep at early times at like 10-11pm and having from 8 to 10 hours of sleep. When i used to play online games i used to sleep between 1-3am and barely having 5-6 hrs of sleep (except in weekends).

I remember when i used to play online games i rarely dreamt. But now since i have stopped gaming and started sleeping early I've BEEN DREAMING ALOT. I am dreaming EVERYDAY and with MULTIPLE dreams (3-4 dreams in one night). i remember some dreams were even consecutive: the other one starts where the last one ended but has a different story. I wouldn't say i had bad or good dreams, some were kinda bad and some were nice. Today i had an epic one (Never new my mind could fit such heights and details). It was also a multiple and consecutive dreams (2-3 dreams) ending with high adrenaline (i was in extreme heights) and epicness.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some people have debunked eating cheese just before bed creates dreams, however, I do eat cheese just before bed, and I do have quite remarkable dreams, mostly about work it seems, but I gave that up eight years ago!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Same here actually...

I usually never remember my dreams (for at least the past 10years). But the past weekish I've remembered at least one every night.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by flashyride

Hmm, I also have been going to bed earlier than normal the past week (10:30-11:30). I wonder how going to bed earlier could effect this....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

I think "waking up earlier" definitely has a lot to do with it.
We're all dreaming all the time, but we forget most of them by the time we rouse ourselves from sleep.
The most likely reason for remembering a dream is being woken in the middle of it.
If your sleeping is more fitful, you're being woken in the middle of dreams more often, and so more likely to remember them.

edit on 1-10-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join