It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera: Gitmo Prisoners 'Tortured' With 'Sesame Street' Music

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't know. Sesame Street actually has some catchy tunes.

Granted, I would get tired of it after a while, but I don't know if I would consider being forced to listen to crappy kids music for days on end, torture. Water Boarding, hell yes, but this? Meh, not really.

I think ANY music for several days non stop would get annoying. But I wonder about just how torturous it could be considered, admittedly.

But to be fair, I love music and am almost always listening to something...But for what it is worth.

Come on, I kind of dig this for a kids song about the letter J.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.
edit on 4-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Oh my god, can you actually read the whole thread before posting your replies? your just making yourself look stupid.

to Tovenar: I'm looking it up now

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

That's kinda freaky stuff...anyway I read a while back that Sesame Street is MKULTRA and who knows what they have been programming the kids with subliminally. I always knew there was something really wrong with it. Oh yah and the executive in charge of that programming is a member of CFR.
texasbuddha.wordpress.com...

edit on 4-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

I agree and I do not deny that the methods are brutal. However what do you recommend the US interrogation methods should be? While other countries who capture US Servicemen/Women have used their brutal methods on them? You recommend that we sit on our butts and walk away from the methods that provide information just the same way the enemy has managed to obtain? Where do you draw the line between good and bad torture ? What do you think are the alternatives?

It has been part of the history for a very very long time.

TORTURE_HISTORY

edit on 5-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Playing the same music over and over again very loud
making you unable to sleep day and night

and playing that kind of happy kid music all the time
will break someone in just a few days
you will lose it and become crazy

If you though water boarding torture was hard
they only need a little stereo with a loud speaker inside the cell
and the guard then close the door

the new torture of today.. without effort

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I have actually studied torture enough to know that it is considered an unreliable source of information.. People will talk whether or not they know anything. those who do know can tell enough lies to confuse their interragrators or can tell a bunch of unimportant stuff. I'm not saying its evil, I can actually see very good arguments for it and personally i wouldn't mind using it sometimes butt...

Its considered illegal.. We tried Japanese people as late as the 1980's for waterboarding. with death I beleive. You know, the geneva convention, UN Convention Against Torture, Detainee Treatment Act, and probably a couple others. If we're acting like the international police, and we invade countries in the name of the UN, we should probably follow the UN's laws.

Just because its a part of history is neither an argument for nor against it. Genocide, rape and inequality for women were a part of history, no one should argue that just because it was a part of history it must be valid.

What does work better is the simple Friend trick. (i forget what they call it) you just leave them alone for awhile, get some mean people to yell and interrogate them after, they have minimum food, no extra belongings.
Someone nice and friendly comes in that speaks their language and hooks them up with extra stuff, talks to them becomes their friend, doesn't interogate them. After they end up being good friends, they just slyly slip in a couple questions. The friend could even be a fellow prisoner.

From my studies this technique is the most effecient technique and you get much more trustworthy information.

The Washington Post described the report by the Intelligence Science Board: There is almost no scientific evidence to back up the U.S. intelligence community's use of controversial interrogation techniques in the fight against terrorism, and experts believe some painful and coercive approaches could hinder the ability to get good information, according to a new report from an intelligence advisory group.

Dick Cheney stated: "I know specifically of reports... that lay out what we learnt through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country", however the only examples publicly released that attempt to support this claim are: The claim that the waterboarding of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed helped prevent a planned attack on Los Angeles in 2002 - which ignores the fact that he wasn't captured until 2003, and Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi who had confessed that Iraq had trained al Qaeda in the use of weapons of mass destruction which was then used as justification for the subsequent invasion of Iraq - a confession now known to be false

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-6-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Nephlim

However what do you recommend the US interrogation methods should be? ..... What do you think are the alternatives?

That's easy. We should be using the techniques perfected by master Luftwaffe interrogator Hans Scharff.

The only reason we ended up ever departing from his methods is because after Gulf War I a bunch of CIA people came into military intel without the army and air force training on interrogation. They didn't know what they were doing, because they were technocrats rather than "people shapers." It's why all US Intel has degraded. They are obsessed with spy satellites, instead of whether the enemy leader trusts his secretary. Technology can never replace human inteligence, and HUMINT is what wins wars.

or loses them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join