It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera: Gitmo Prisoners 'Tortured' With 'Sesame Street' Music

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Ok let's get real this country has used torture since WW2 and up to the Johnson administration to the Clinton adminstration right up until they wanted to make it an issue to destroy a man and a party to get in to power.

Rendition has been around for decades and guess what people?

It is still being used.

exactly, its pretty obvious that we use it, to say otherwise is just ignorant. It could even be argued as a legitimate technique, i don't think it is but i can see the argument. It just gets weird when people can't see or admit that its happening due to nationalistic pride/being blinded by MSM.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

do you actually have anything to add to this thread besides "c is for cookie" or Elmo Pictures or other one liners?

come on man, i'd expect more than one liners from a ATS vet.

Seriously, i know you have 20,000+ post, but we're trying to have a debate here.. add some substance, some meaning, some thing.. what do you think of what happened?

Maybe you want to elaborate on your defense of "enhanced interrogation techniques"?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim

do you actually have anything to add to this thread besides "c is for cookie"

That was sonnny1's reply not mine. I'm sure he'll be along sooner or later with that regards.

come on man, i'd expect more than one liners from a ATS vet.

I wasn't aware that I had an obligation to live up to your standard.

Maybe you want to elaborate on your defense of "enhanced interrogation techniques"?

This threads premise is on whether or not they used Sesame street as a form of torture on the prisoners. I think this can very well be BS. As far as your claim that 100 died. You very deceitfully gave the impression that they occurred at GITMO.

When your own posted links state otherwise and I posted such previously. Allow me to re post it again here...

I thought we were talking about 100 deaths at GITMO.

WASHINGTON — In a scathingly revealing new report, the New York-based group Human Rights First reports on nearly 100 detainee deaths that have occurred in U.S. custody in Iraq and Afghanistan since August 2002.

Word usage is important here, they were captured in Iraq and Afghanistan. They can be considered enemy combatants. Simply because a detractor used the phrase detainees and many follow along articles quoted the word usage used does not negate the fact that they were picked up in combat zones.

edit on 2-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

you don't have to live up to my standards, youre supposed to live up to ATS standards of not having one line post, and also having post that have substance and meaning. you should know that. I'm honestly not attacking you just reminding you. dont take it personal.

I assummed we were talking about music in U.S. "torture" such as seasame street. My bad. i didn't realize we were only using examples from gitmo,
i figured talking about U.S. enhanced interrogation as a whole and as it relates to "music" would fall under the subject.

Specifically as to how mentioning Seasame Street is used to deflect and legitimize U.S. torture. So thats the topic i've been debating.

I didn't mean to give the impression that the 100 deaths were from gitmo. My earlier example of Ali Shalah's story actually takes place in Abu Gharib but highlights how horrible auditory assault can be. I think this thread has long left only Gitmo.
I

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the zionist jews are the people behind all these illegal torture

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

Relax. While I agree that torture is not a good thing, my comments were strictly aimed at the music itself. Now how they were tortured is a whole different subject. How much do you know about the torture that US servicemen/women faced overseas? You're only discussing 1 side. Please be real about this.

edit on 4-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 4-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Watching that BS video was torture and i can tell you from experience after a time you begin to block out things such as "noise" and "evil sesame street music"

Anyone who is calling that torture don't know what torture is and the "CIA redaction" hilarious "reading between the lines"?

Making up the lines as they went.
edit on 1-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Neo, I'd love to throw you in a cold, square room for about.. oh say... 5 years, and deprive you of sleep the entire time. Convince you that I"ll be finding your family next, etc, etc. I might not choose Sesame Street, but I'd find something suitably irritating, to top it all off.

I suppose you'd still have the same opinion?

(Also, I suppose you know "what torture is", do you? Tell us all about it then, lol.)
edit on 4-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Nephlim
Dang, that PSYOP sure was effective, everyone just jokes and jokes and ignores the issue.. I'd expect more from ATS but half the people here aren't here to have a mature discussion. Whoever thought of that surely got promoted.

Yes many things went on over at Gitmo.

However, at this stage of the game not everything can nor should be taken as MANNA from heaven. But feel free to fall all over yourself and believe it lock stock and barrel.

Oh you.

While you're at it feel free to bomb threads with pictures and jokes with your little chums. If I may add, in a remarkable display of integrity.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They think that is torture??? HAHAHA they should be thanking their stars it wasn't this:

****WARNING I HAD MY SPEAKERS TURNED ALL THE WAY DWN LOL*********

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

you know the whole reason that they picked that song is so that people would laugh and say " O HAHA thats not torture!! its seasame street. Its a straight PSYOP legitamizing our torture techniques.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So because they do it we can do it? This isn't elementary school. We're the number 1 nation in the world fighting some insurgents.
reply to post by hp1229

If you read that example i left, it wasn't the beating, the lying in a cell full of human excrement being pissed into by guards, the rape with a JAGGED WOODEN STICK and then a gun that caused severe internal bleeding or the sleep depreviation that made that man fold.. It was the music played so loud into his ear that he suffered permanent hearing damage and couldn't hear after.. It was so loud he said he lost consciousness and his sanity...

i'm just ganna repost my points from earlier, because i think this has all been adressed.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That there is some sadistic shinizel. I have to leave the room when my kids watch Sesame Street. I liked it alot when I was a child, but as an adult I find myself wanting to strangel a puppet.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Oh you.

While you're at it feel free to bomb threads with pictures and jokes with your little chums. If I may add, in a remarkable display of integrity.

Ahh Jeezz Syphon..

I'm glad it meets with your approval, I was so worried.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh you.

Ahh Jeezz Syphon..

I'm glad it meets with your approval, I was so worried.

Glad you've noted my response.

Next time you feel like being a man; with integrity, etc. You know.. like a big major thing they teach you in the military, and something most men just "pick up on" into their lives... let me know again, thanks.

At the very least, especially if you're going to play the "disingenuous" card on someone, ya know?

Take care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not only is Nephlim correct, he/she is even more right than even he/she could guess...

The book The men who stare at goats doesn't go into detail for fear of training future torturers; but I'll say the real deal, and say it right here on ATS.

You bind the victim, and put headphones on their head; but the "secret" is to play different episodes through different ears at the same time. 2 Decades ago, they were using tapes of Looney Tunes in one ear and something like "Jeopardy" or "The Tonight Show" in the other. As long as one ear or the other has a chance of some music mixed with dialogue.

You run the same episode hour after hour in one ear, and the victim memorizes it without even wanting to, while hearing a different track in the other. The human brain enters an altered state where it can hear two different "conversations" at once. You do this to them for a week, around the clock. You don't even interrogate them for the first week. Once you ask a question, and they don't answer, though, you play back the old recordings in either ear, just as they were implanted. The victim instantly enters a dream-state where in a split-second he re-experiences the full agony of the full week of programming. This breaks probably 95% if its victims, with no further torture, and only brief questioning. They cannot even lie to you effectively. And since used mundane/banal programming, no one believes it's power to control people.

True Story.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Next time you feel like being a man; with integrity, etc. You know..

No problem but let me let you in on a little secret. Unlike some the extent of my manhood isn't determined by others opinions voiced online.

Have a great day

PEACE

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Next time you feel like being a man; with integrity, etc. You know..

No problem but let me let you in on a little secret. Unlike some the extent of my manhood isn't determined by others opinions voiced online.

Have a great day

PEACE

You're right, it's voiced by your own character and intentions.

You too.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I read that book too! it was awseome. I'm reading a military manual on PSYOPS now too, and it really shows the depth they'll go through to potray things in the Media.. It's so easy to manipulate the masses its not even funny.

everyone seems to gloss over the fact too that they play it so loud these guys can't hear after and suffer permanent hearing damage.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 4-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

At the risk of sending your off down a rabbit hole, may I direct your attention to the Patty Hearst Kidnapping?

Patty was tortured with EXACTLY that technique I described; it's why she changed sides and joined the Symbionese Liberation Army. So how did the band of urban rejects learn sophisticated (cutting edge in 1973) torture techniques, in the wilds of inner city Los Angeles?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join