It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera: Gitmo Prisoners 'Tortured' With 'Sesame Street' Music

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's nothing, my kid "Tortured" me with "The fresh beat band" for 3 years.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I understand perfectly.

No, no Islamic fundamentalist has killed someone in my family. However they have killed hundreds of thousands of others And no they don't care, they do it for their sky fairy and believe they will be rewarded. They are scum pure and simple.

But I still do not want to see them tortured or even put to death for their crime. But to be judged...and their freedom stripped if found guilty.

And by the way not all the people who were subjected to these "interrogation techniques" were guilty.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

My God man! And they think it's all PTSD....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

And by the way not all the people who were subjected to these "interrogation techniques" were guilty.

Not everyone in regular US prisons are guilty either. I am all for closing GITMO down actually. I am also sure,the interrogations used there, have helped America,I would rather have these terrorists tried in federal courts,for their crimes,if they are criminals.

Now before we say these folks are "innocent",lets look at these facts........

The congressionally-mandated summary shows that 167 out of 599 detainees who were transferred to other countries as of December 2011 are either confirmed or suspected of returning to the battlefield, fighting Western interests. That represents nearly 28% of those released.

Report: More former GITMO detainees back on the battlefield

Thats a huge number.They are not fighting because they were tortured. They are fighting because thats what they do. They were terrorists BEFORE being captured. So if they are,and there is compelling evidence,put them in regular prisons,with regular inmates.......

Justice will be served by a Judge,or by their peers.........

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

how do you know they aren't fighting because they were tortured?

If I was wrongly imprisoned for 10 years WITHOUT CHARGES by a foreign government, I might be a tad bit pissed off to say the least. More accurately I would probably be extremely anti- said foreign government and actively oppose them with a variety of tactics, including violence.

Just speaking for myself and I would think any human being.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would think if they really wanted to torture the prisoners with music they would make them run the Disney ride "It's A Small World" for eight hours a day. Sesame Street is tame compared to that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
reply to post by sonnny1

how do you know they aren't fighting because they were tortured?

If I was wrongly imprisoned for 5 years by a foreign government I might be a tad bit pissed off to say the least. More accurately I would probably extremely anti- said foreign government and actively oppose them with a variety of tactics, including violence.

Just speaking for myself.

I believe they are,for one simple fact. IF its just " pick a Muslim,by proxy",Gitmo would be filled with a million Muslims that harbor ill will to ANYTHING Western,or American......

These folks here are not at Gitmo,but free to spread their Hatred...........

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I often find myself breaking down and sharing my darkest secrets with my toddler after one of those lazy, repetitive TV watching kind of days...

Joking aside it's pretty well cruel and unusual. I make the choice to watch that stuff with the kid, and it will ride your nerve if it makes 1 too many encores by demand. Anything that isn't your style will do it repeated enough times.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Personally I think they should be tried in an international court since most are international criminals, with most of their activities being carried out in other countries.

I also never said that all these guys were innocent.

Our military intelligence is not that bad, they don't just go "Hey! There's a brown guy....GET HIM!"

When people say that torture probably saved lives, I can agree with that. But honestly I just believe there are some things you just don't do as a civilized society. Like torture people.

We both want the same thing, justice.

But at what cost?
edit on 1-6-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by sonnny1

Personally I think they should be tried in an international court since most are international criminals, with most of their activities being carried out in other countries.

I also never said that all these guys were innocent.

Our military intelligence is not that bad, they don't just go "Hey! There's a brown guy....GET HIM!"

When people say that torture probably saved lives, I can agree with that. But honestly I just believe are some things you just don't do as a civilized society. Like torture people.

We both want the same thing, justice.

But at what cost?

Star for you.

I also dont believe in torture. But I will say this. Where do we Justify saving ,say 20000 people,for the sake of getting information,from a man who might have the information,locked in his head ? Fine line in all of it. I am more embarrassed that our President,who said he was going to close GITMO,kept it open,signed the Patriot Act extension,and NDAA,and has killed people,with his very own "kill list". That scares the hell out of me more,then torture.........

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

very funny, but in all seriouness the artist/composer should be able to elect to have their work used in this manner, I'm sorry I believe this war is BS and has other motives (ie. guarding pipe lines and Poppy feilds) and I'd rather Not have a part in any of it, don't blame musicians for being all PO .....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I also dont believe in torture. But I will say this. Where do we Justify saving ,say 20000 people,for the sake of getting information,from a man who might have the information,locked in his head ? Fine line in all of it.

We walk a fine line in today's world that's for sure. I think its a complicated issue, one that's going to take lot of trial and error to solve.

I am more embarrassed that our President,who said he was going to close GITMO,kept it open,signed the Patriot Act extension,and NDAA,and has killed people,with his very own "kill list". That scares the hell out of me more,then torture....

Yeah I'm not to thrilled with the administration either, but honestly I don't think the office has anymore power truly not with government in the state its in now. Just people arguing and throwing papers around, nothings getting accomplished and people are starting to realize that. That being said I don't think Obama is that bad a person or a bad politician I just think he had no idea what he was getting himself into, just like Bush Jr they both love to be pushed around

edit on 1-6-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7Barney's moving rewrite of Nick nack paddy wack. The horror....

tell me about it. Went through the purple dinosaur for 3 years and now with thomas and friends with the 2nd one...still going. Every freaking day in the house, in the minivan..hell me and my wife hum to the music and songs...I say it was a smart and humane method of torture

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This reminds me of an idea I had for the gitmo prisoners. I always thought that getting a bunch of marines to kareoke new kids on the block's "hanging tough" song non stop. just have the entire company rotate in so the horror never ends.

See a simple song one can block out. But horrible kareoke is impossible to be immune to.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's Panama, by Van Halen.

Next up, Panama, by Van Halen. etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Dang, that PSYOP sure was effective, everyone just jokes and jokes and ignores the issue.. I'd expect more from ATS but half the people here aren't here to have a mature discussion. Whoever thought of that surely got promoted.

Ya forgot waterboarding or how 100 DETAINEES DIED DURING INTERROGATION due to the roughness of "enhanced interrogation techniques"

you can ignore all of this too and just joke about cookies and show elmo pictures.

"After two days, they transferred me to the Abu Ghraib prison. The first thing they did to me was to make a physical examination of my body and abused me. Together with other detainees, we were made to sit on the floor and were dragged to the interrogation room. This so called room is in fact a toilet (approximately 2m by 2m) and was flooded with water and human waste up to my ankle level. I was asked to sit in the filthy water while the American interrogator stood outside the door, with the translator. After the interrogation, I would be removed from the toilet, and before the next detainee is put into the toilet, the guards would urinate into the filthy water in front of the other detainees. When I answered that I am an Iraqi Muslim, the interrogator refused to accept my answer and charged me for the following offence (a) That I am anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic. ... In the morning, an Israeli stood in front of me and took the bag from my head and told me in Arabic that he was an Israeli and had interrogated and tortured detainees in Palestine. He told me that when detainees would not cooperate, they would be killed. He asked me repeatedly for names of resistance fighters. I told him that I do not know any resistance fighters but he would not believe me, and continued to beat me. This Israeli dressed in civilian clothes tortured me by inserting in turn first with a jagged wooden stick into my rectum and then with the barrel of a rifle. I was cut inside and bled profusely. During this time, when any guard walked past me, they would beat me. I had no food for 36 hours. The next morning, the Israeli interrogator came to my cell and tied me to the grill of the cell and he then played the pop song, "By the Rivers of Babylon" by Pop Group Boney M, continuously until the next morning. The effect on me was that I lost my hearing, and I lost my mind. It was very painful and I lost consciousness. I only woke up when the Israeli guard poured water on my head and face. When I regain consciousness, he started beating me again and demanded that I tell him of the names of resistance fighters and what activities that I did against the American soldiers. When I told him that I did not know any resistance fighters, he kicked me many times."

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's a real torture song.
lol

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

Sorry. Of course torture and abuse are not funny.
Nor to be joked about.

It's terrible that we even stoop to that level.

And I'm surprised about the Israeli stooping to torture.
Probably wasn't an Israeli at all.
Israel found out long ago that torture was not useful when trying to get Nazi's to talk during wwii.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
Dang, that PSYOP sure was effective, everyone just jokes and jokes and ignores the issue.. I'd expect more from ATS but half the people here aren't here to have a mature discussion. Whoever thought of that surely got promoted.

Yes many things went on over at Gitmo.

However, at this stage of the game not everything can nor should be taken as MANNA from heaven. But feel free to fall all over yourself and believe it lock stock and barrel.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
First of this is very old news is it not?

Originally posted by neo96
Watching that BS video was torture and i can tell you from experience after a time you begin to block out things such as "noise" and "evil sesame street music"

Yea ok neo. Its not like music hasn't been used as torture for a while and been effective.

The US's Psychological Operations Company (Psy Ops) said the aim was to break a prisoner's resistance through sleep deprivation and playing music that was culturally offensive to them.

"In training, they forced me to listen to the Barney "I Love You" song for 45 minutes. I never want to go through that again," one US operative told

a civilian, later released - had reported being kept awake for up to four days by loud music.

Wow forced to stay awake for 4 DAYS because of music. But hey why the hell didn't he/she just block it out and sleep peacefully.

The United Nations and the European Court of Human Rights have banned the use of loud music in interrogations, but it is still being widely used.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 1-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join