It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera: Gitmo Prisoners 'Tortured' With 'Sesame Street' Music

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Breitbart Story
by Ben Shapiro

Al Jazeera: Gitmo Prisoners 'Tortured' With 'Sesame Street' Music

This sound wild, but may be true.

A report from Al-Jazeera claims that Gitmo prisoners were "tortured by headphone" that played music from Sesame Street of all things

(from Breitbart)

According to Al Jazeera, prisoners at Guantanamo Bay were “tortured” with Sesame Street. Really. Prisoners reported to Al Jazeera that they had been forced to wear headphones playing music from Sesame Street on a continuous loop for days on end. Christopher Cerf, who composes for the show, was outraged. “My first reaction was this just can’t possibly be true,” he said. “Of course, I didn’t really like the idea that I was helping break down prisoners, but it was much worse when I heard later that they were actually using the music in Guantanamo to actually do deep, long-term interrogations and obviously to inflict enough pain on prisoners so they would talk.”

(from HuffPo)

In 2008, reports surfaced that detainees at Guantanamo Bay had been tortured by songs such as Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Drowning Pool's "Bodies."

Now, a new documentary from Al Jazeera shows that detainees may also have been subjected to musical torture of a softer variety.

According to the report, prisoners at the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base were forced to wear headphones blasting music from Sesame Street on repeat for hours or days on end.

Torture By Sesame Street At Guantanamo Bay: Al Jazeera Reports (VIDEO)

YouTube Caption:

Published on May 30, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish

The film, Songs of War explores the relationship between music and violence.

The film's main protagonist is Christopher Cerf. The award-winning musician is a composer for Sesame Street, a popular American children's educational series.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
the reason they picked Seasame Street is so that it wouldn't sound as extreme as Slayer or Cannibal Corpse. 100% guarantee. They talk about this in the Men Who Stare At Goats Book.

it doesn't make it any better. when combined with lack of sleep, interogation, cold, scare tactics and isolation blasting the same song on repeat Xtra loud for a week at a time can be tortuorus, doesn't matter which song it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Watching that BS video was torture and i can tell you from experience after a time you begin to block out things such as "noise" and "evil sesame street music"

Anyone who is calling that torture don't know what torture is and the "CIA redaction" hilarious "reading between the lines"?

Making up the lines as they went.
edit on 1-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Truly hellish,I do pity them.No doubt they will have nightmares.Funny though US parents get the same treatment when their kids live a song say........Barney's moving rewrite of Nick nack paddy wack. The horror....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just play Rebecca Black's "Friday" over and over...

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Anyone who is calling that torture don't know what torture is

You've obviously never heard the Sesame Street song.

Seriously though, that would be torture... "can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street"...

Imagine that crap playing over and over again... it's like something out of a horror movie.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sesame Street for days on end? What a waste of time. They should have used Rosanne Barr singing the National Anthem. I know I'd crack in less than an hour.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
C,is for cookie,thats good enough for me...................

edit on 1-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know man.

If I had to listen to a song full volume for over 24 hours I would think it was torture, even if it was a song I enjoyed.

Especially if other interrogation methods were used in unison.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
you know the whole reason that they picked that song is so that people would laugh and say " O HAHA thats not torture!! its seasame street. Its a straight PSYOP legitamizing our torture techniques. Straight from the horses mouth.

They say that word for word in the book "men who stare at goats" which is much different from the movie.

What they don't mention is all the other stuff these guys are going though while getting this blasted at them so loud it causes permanent hearing damage. They'd bag their heads and leave them in a Shipping container with no windows in the middle of the dessert for a couple days at a time. I don't think they got food or water.

Right... not torture because its seasame street

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim

Right... not torture because its seasame street

You want to know what torture is ?

Watching your family,children,get blown up,by these terrorists,while they have no remorse,for their actions. Having to see it,and live with it,for the rest of your life.

Thats torture.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i agree.

But if you can't see whats happening here, then you need to take a step back.
We stop these guys from sleeping, physical roughhouse them, use attack dogs on them, Blast loud music at them so loud that it causes permanet damage, degrade them, religiously offend them, water board them, etc etc etc...

Then we play Seasame Street and everyone remembers U.S "enhanced interrogation techniques" as a joke.

Can you see how thats a PSYOP? does it help that it was addmitted as a PSYOP by a army colonel?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thus the victim becomes the monster.

Because it is perfectly reasonable to torture those that have done wrong to you, or to those you suspect of committing a crime.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

This sounds bizarre enough to be true.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Really? Sesame Street music? Sonic Youth or Yoko Ono would get the job done quickly, at some peril to the sanity of the guards, however.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by sonnny1

Thus the victim becomes the monster.

Because it is perfectly reasonable to torture those that have done wrong to you, or to those you suspect of committing a crime.

I never said an eye for an eye,was the answer,did I?

I said these people hold no remorse,for their actions. I said these people don't care,who they kill.

I am also pretty sure,if your family died,horrifically,by one of these people,your attitude,and your sense,of moral high ground,would change.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
At least we didn't cut their heads off or use rap (2 hours of it and I would become a homicidal maniac)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So let me get this straight: sesame street is evil but drilling holes in "spies" heads, chopping off hands and ripping out finger nails is kosher???????????

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This sounds bizarre enough to be true.

Lets not get the "torturer" mixed up now,right??

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually, Prisoner NK-361299-XRAY had requested the music.

Case closed...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join