It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should P. Diddy's son accept his $54,000 athletic scholarship from UCLA???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
sure, why not? just because he is rich? So what. He could take it and then donate some money to charity if he wanted to. He earned it though. You earn it you get it. That simple.

I remember when I was applying for college and got accepted to my dream school. It turned out that since my parents made too much I couldn't get financial aid. I couldn't afford it so I didn't go. I could have gone to a crappier school but decided to work instead.

Sometimes the rich are discriminated against on paper. Middle class families go through this allot. We are not rich but because we are not starving either we never qualify for financial aid of any kind.

I say he should take it for sure. He earned it. I would rather he gets it than some random liar that just wants to coast by on the system.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is p diddy the same person as sean diddy combs?

I take it he is someone important????

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

No, Just rich.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

I say he should take it for sure. He earned it. I would rather he gets it than some random liar that just wants to coast by on the system.

Can you explain this further? I'm confused
It's an ATHLETIC Scholarship!
edit on 1-6-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
He earned it. It's his.

Now lets see if he can live up to what he earned...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by Six6Six

No, Just rich.

Ok I just looked him up on google....he's a singer right?

And he is rich....looks like a bit of a tit if you ask me.

Why does his son need the scholarship surely his dad can see that someone else needs it more!!! Someone with a few million less.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ok it all makes sense now and pretty much validates the theories about silver spoon kids and the "elites" these days.
Los angeles is so far in trouble, they would collectively suck off every cleopatras needle on this earth for more crack money.
They are fiends

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I say he worked his ass off for that scholarship, he deserves it. Should he recognized that he is indeed privileged and turn it down? Maybe.. I don't think he has any moral obligation but it would be a nice gesture. Since he has no money, perhaps his father should be the one to donate some money to the school or a scholarship fund? Those scholarships are not easy to get.. why should we be hollering at a kid who only did the right thing (do good in school??)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by jhn7537

Since he has no money, perhaps his father should be the one to donate some money to the school or a scholarship fund?

I dunno Puck, the kid got a Maybach for his 16th birthday. I think he's ok financially =)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is on the school and it shows you why many of the public universities are such a mess. You think Harvard would do this? Hell no.They'd tell him to pony up because they are intelligent enough to vet someone and make them pay if they can. This guy's father should be paying. The lottery here funds college scholarships. It's called the "Hope" scholarship and it's to help the poor. The poor play the lottery and guess who takes advantage of the scholarship-The Rich. Too funny, poor people paying for rich kids to go to school.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Yea, his dad made a reported $50 million last year and is worth half a billion..... I think he can afford the $54,000 each year..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join