It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different religions desined specifically for different people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
We see the Asian countries having things like Qi-Gong, Zen, Buddhism, etc. The Middles east Judaism/Christianity. The Arabs have Islam. Europe used to be Greek God based, pagan, and a mix of other things. Native Americans have their "Great Spirit" based religions.

Can it be that each religion is designed for a specific part of the Earth,which works best for those kinds of people?

For example the typical Asian mind set is much different to that of a Native, or Arab, or Westerner. And vice Versa.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Many of these people have had their religion for the last 2000 years or so. At this point it's more likely that these people have adopted the traits their religious' teach, rather than they were already like that and the religion happened to fit them perfectly.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Some believe the various religions were given to Humans by Alien beings, as an experiment of sorts. The Human Tribes were largely geographically isolated from one another, which allowed for the independent development of each belief system into what we now observe to be the major World religions. Nice story huh?

link   

Or the religions are geared towards the people of the geographical region where the religion started.

link   
Religion is to divide the populace.

We look the same, we act the same and we live the same. The only difference in the world is religion.

Once you realize that religion devides people more than it brings them together, you will realize the giant lie that has been told to us, from birth.

All of us were born here. None of us know what the heck is going on. You do your best to take care of yourself.

Religion? Eff off!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

If anything divides people it's race in any euro-American area. Blacks and whites in America have always been Christian, didnt really got along though. All Europeans are Christian and they almost always fight over nationalism.

Your right in some cases but don't let your dislike of religion blind you to the truth any more than you think religious people are...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

^^It's more about control than anything else. Worry not about suffering and toil in this life, for your reward will be in the Afterlife. Anyone actually buy that?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
For a long time I've entertained the idea that there is something within humans that cause them to search for answers to things. And religions result from the search. And if there is a god who is wanting humans to reach a higher level of spiritualism and consciousness, perhaps that god has planted some "seeds" into their cultures, based upon the traits of the various world wide tribes....to slowly bring them all to the same conclusion,..and due to geography, for example, the tribes differ in reactions to their environment...and this god understands you don't teach a 5 year old 45 year old people things that they cannot understand unless they first have experiences and education that allows them to grow into this knowledge. I know, I'm rambling......

You don't teach calculus to a 5 year old......you bring them into the higher levels of math by introducing the simpler maths first, for example. So some of these peoples are not at the same stage of development as others so this god brings them all along at their own pace, much like you have a regular class in science, but some students are more advanced and adept at science, so you have advanced classes for them.

Okay, I tried.to explain the idea I've entertained for quite a long time, since young childhood, actually.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I do believe different races have different tendencies. Thebad drivers, smart, drunk, crime tends to be true for a large portion of dif races.

I am of a certain nationality, and see my stereotype and racial tendencies alive in about 95%,of the hundred or so unces, cousin, aunts fam members that i have met and do not find these tendencies in other nationalities/races

Perhaps on a philosophical oneness level, we are all the same, but there still remain huge relative differences

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
For further information on the history of religious behavior, read The Evolution of God by Robert Wright.

It will give you a fantastic look at the basic nature that leads to religious behavior....while it addresses the Abrahamic religions primarily, it also discusses ancient forms of worship and pantheon poytheism, looking at different religions from all parts of the world.

Great reading, very enlightening, and sublimely entertaining. The guy is brilliant, he's done his homework, and his writing style is completely neutral.

Enjoy!
From the introduction (check out the link for reviews, excerpts, a basic outline, etc):

Well, history is full of civilizations clashing, and for that matter, of civilizations not clashing. And the story of the role played by religious ideas—fanning the flames or dampening the flames, and often changing in the process—is instructive. I think it tells us what we can do to make the current “clash” more likely to have a happy ending.

The second aspect of the current world situation I’ll address is another kind of clash—the much-discussed “clash” between science and religion. Like the first kind of clash, this one has a long and instructive history. It can be traced at least as far back as ancient Babylon, where eclipses that had long been attributed to restless and malignant supernatural beings were suddenly found to occur at predictable intervals—predictable enough to make you wonder whether restless and malignant supernatural beings were really the problem.

There have been many such unsettling (from religion’s point of view) discoveries since then, but always some notion of the divine has survived the encounter with science. The notion has had to change, but that’s no indictment of religion.

After all, science has changed relentlessly, revising if not discarding old theories, and none of us think of that as an indictment of science. On the contrary, we think this ongoing adaptation is carrying science closer to the truth. Maybe the same thing is happening to religion. Maybe, in the end, a mercilessly scientific account of our predicament—such as the account that got me denounced from the pulpit of my mother’s church—is actually compatible with a truly religious worldview, and is part of the process that refines a religious worldview, moving it closer to truth.

These two big “clash” questions can be put into one sentence: Can religions in the modern world reconcile themselves to one another, and can they reconcile themselves to science? I think their history points to affirmative answers.

edit on 1-6-2012 by wildtimes because: sp

new topics

top topics

join