It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why CANADA should hang its head in SHAME in 2012!! (Warning: Graphic Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

First of all, the main reason people oppose the seal hunt is because seals are cute. Everyone's crying over how adorable these animals are, and how evil these men are for killing them. If seals were ugly, I bet the opposition would be practically nonexistent. Fish are hooked, netted, frozen alive, suffocated, and beheaded and disembowelled by the millions (I know, I've headed and gutted my share), but no one protests that. But seals are like kittens and puppies...cuddly and furry...more like family pets than food, right?

Second, clubbing seals is efficient and effective. Should they harpoon them? Shoot them? Get them in headlocks and snap their necks? Clubbing is the best way to preserve the skin and meat.

People certainly didn't expect hunting to be either pretty or partial...did they?

They're seals. If they're endangered, protect them. If not, and if they're needed for food and clothing, then club them. It's how we used to survive before processed and preservative-filled food-like products came along.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Your argument is like comparing apples and dog turds. You get a tan from the sun because photons hit your skin and cause a chemical reaction, a direct physical cause and effect. I am not exposed to seals in my day to day life, I am however, exposed to the sun.

I'm guessing you learned all your logic skills from Hogwarts?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Have you noticed most of the first replies to my thread bashed the Americans straight away. Even though im not American!!

I noticed this as well and think I recall you being from the UK or Australia.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Do you realize how many Americans take part in this so called sport in Alaska ?

First pics of this insane behavior I've ever seen were taken by an American in Alaska, and he was bragging about it, after posting them on a forum.

Its disgusting, yes, but to point the finger at Canadians like they are the only ones partaking ,is equally disgusting.

I'm not expecting all Americans to hang their head in shame , for the actions of a few.

edit on 31-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Those people up there have no other means of survival than fishing and hunting... Its the only way they can bring bread on the table for their own babies...

What would you rather have them do? Shot them through the guts and let them die slowly? As gruesome as it look its the quickest way by far unless you shot them in the head which isn't going to look any less bad...

Just because in the comfort of your house in 2012 you think it shouldn't happen and judge doesn't mean every body has it easy everywhere... This is part of their culture and the way their survived thousands of years...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Now, to the average Canadian this is a sport and a necessity, so they will not find this too disturbing or even wrong

What an idiotic, uninformed and ridiculous statement.

You clearly have no idea what true Canadians are and have absolutely no clue as to what an "Average Canadian" is.

Last time I checked this is not an acceptable practice and the fact that many of these hunters are NOT Canadian must have slipped your OP.

China, US, Japan, Russia...Yup...they're all there.

But I'm guessing that you have a bone to pick with Canada for some reason and you decided to dig up old news to re-hash the horrors many of us have already read about...years ago.

Pathetic

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Six6Six

Your argument is like comparing apples and dog turds. You get a tan from the sun because photons hit your skin and cause a chemical reaction, a direct physical cause and effect. I am not exposed to seals in my day to day life, I am however, exposed to the sun.

I'm guessing you learned all your logic skills from Hogwarts?

No i had to put it like that because your original argument was crap. Baseless and pointless.

You live in land that preaches how amazingly upto date your laws and ethics are yet Seal Clubbing is a major sport there. 400,000 not 12 or 16, 400,000 of those little things were butchered by CANADIANS.

Simple. I pointed it out to refresh people's memories of the beauty that graces Canada!

Not all terrorists are Muslim, but they are all tarnished with the brush until they as a community irradicate the ones that like to blow people up. Wise up.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You caught me. Clubbing seals is my favorite way to pass the time. I wake up in the morning, drink a six pack and then go club a few seals. When i'm done I go play hockey for a couple of hours. When the game breaks up, I hitch up my dog sled and throw on my muck-lucks and go to the store for another case of beer. By the time I get home, it is night and my igloo is dark so I spark up my whale blubber lamp...light makes it so much easier to cook up my dinner of poutine.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Now, to the average Canadian this is a sport and a necessity, so they will not find this too disturbing or even wrong

What an idiotic, uninformed and ridiculous statement.

You clearly have no idea what true Canadians are and have absolutely no clue as to what an "Average Canadian" is.

Last time I checked this is not an acceptable practice and the fact that many of these hunters are NOT Canadian must have slipped your OP.

China, US, Japan, Russia...Yup...they're all there.

But I'm guessing that you have a bone to pick with Canada for some reason and you decided to dig up old news to re-hash the horrors many of us have already read about...years ago.

Pathetic

WRONG, most are Canadian!!! FACT

Old NEWS? 400,000 were killed this YEAR........by your people!! Don't blame others or pass the buck.....its CANADAS shame!!
edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but where are the facts that show the majority of canadians enjoying seal clubbing? This is similar to the japanese and whaling issues.. While the few that do kill are terrible don't blame the entire nation for it. Are all americans warmongers? All arabs terrorists? Good job revealing it but the way you have gone about it give no s+f from me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here are some links, I do not agree at all whatsoever with seal hunting, it is a digusting practice, that we can agree on....however to say that it's Canadian's favorite sport or that we all love to club baby seals for fun is ignorance at it's best.

www.hsi.org...

www.ifaw.org...

www.antisealingcoalition.ca...

www.ctv.ca...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
reply to post by Six6Six

Those people up there have no other means of survival than fishing and hunting... Its the only way they can bring bread on the table for their own babies...

What would you rather have them do? Shot them through the guts and let them die slowly? As gruesome as it look its the quickest way by far unless you shot them in the head which isn't going to look any less bad...

Just because in the comfort of your house in 2012 you think it shouldn't happen and judge doesn't mean every body has it easy everywhere... This is part of their culture and the way their survived thousands of years...

At least you are honest...one honest Canadian among the many.

However, I do not care about their babies as you put it. Move like the rest of Canada did and huddle on the coast. Or just SHOOT them through the head......NOT beat them to death for an hour then skin some alive!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

I have read all those links thank you.....a while ago.

Nothing can be used as an excuse for this practice.

Oh and HUNTING is classed as a sport.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

...................The world will never stop breaking my heart.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This OP was HILARIOUS! HAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I am very sorry for the clubbed baby seals - but that is a totally isolated thing. Canada is a very large country with many different types of people and environments and temperatures. We don't all live in igloos - I thought that kind of ignorance died a long time ago. I do agree, the baby seal killing should stop. But I honestly do not think it is a huge issue. It was also funny that you included a picture of the dudes from the comedy movie "Fubar"! Priceless. I would have expected to see this kind of thread on April 1st...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4
You caught me. Clubbing seals is my favorite way to pass the time. I wake up in the morning, drink a six pack and then go club a few seals. When i'm done I go play hockey for a couple of hours. When the game breaks up, I hitch up my dog sled and throw on my muck-lucks and go to the store for another case of beer. By the time I get home, it is night and my igloo is dark so I spark up my whale blubber lamp...light makes it so much easier to cook up my dinner of poutine.

Well, that is not a great life. Sorry to hear that this is all you have going for you. I do hope that during the clubbing of the seals you hit yourself through the eye and pierce your brain, but not enough to kill you, just enough for the seals to take revenge.

I don't know what muck-lucks are?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

First of all, learn to read, do you need hooked on phonics? I never said there was an excuse for the practice. What I did state is your OP is full of generalizations that are ridiculous about an entire nation of people. So what country are you from? Do tell. Or are you afraid I might be able to google something equally horrific about practices some individuals/corporations do in your own country. Got the guts? If not, zip it.
edit on 1-6-2012 by sweetstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

I don't know what muck-lucks are?

Of course you don't....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
This OP was HILARIOUS! HAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I am very sorry for the clubbed baby seals - but that is a totally isolated thing. Canada is a very large country with many different types of people and environments and temperatures. We don't all live in igloos - I thought that kind of ignorance died a long time ago. I do agree, the baby seal killing should stop. But I honestly do not think it is a huge issue. It was also funny that you included a picture of the dudes from the comedy movie "Fubar"! Priceless. I would have expected to see this kind of thread on April 1st...

It's actually more about the practice of this years lovely hunt. and the 400,000 seals that were smashed to death. Yes canada is a large country, area wise, but you only have a population of 39 million. Plus you all huddle on the coast before a portion of you head north for the event of the year!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Look, over 90 percent of Canadians live in the provinces between BC and Prince Edward Island. A small margin live in the North, or work in the North. The ones that live there are mostly native Eskimos, who in my opinion can do whatever the hell they want on their land. Your logic pins the blame of a small group of people on everyone in the country simply because we either don't know about it, or have no idea what to do about it. Do you expect us all to stop working, stop what we're doing, and go protest seal clubbing? I have three mouths to feed in the meantime, are you going to pay my bills while I take up your cause?

By your logic, everyone on Earth is guilty of some huge crime against (noun) because the people of (country) (verb) (noun). You imply we should all hang together?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join