It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of police brutality in New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Protests happening at the University of Auckland right now against the corruption of the University and the new bills affecting students in debt. This is in retaliation to the finance minister mocking the previous protests saying they should act more like the greeks but turns out the police are acting more like the greek police.

Police have been dragging protesters away being very aggressive at a peaceful protest.

Live Stream

News Coverage
edit on 1-6-2012 by CelestialSon because: link change

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CelestialSon

All I see is a bunch of dirty hippies.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You're the first one to reply so theres no one to troll here.

Do move along

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Update: A female protester has been knocked unconscious and was carried off.

I hope she's alright! these are just normal students giving their voice and police come here and assault them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon
Police have been dragging protesters away being very aggressive at a peaceful protest.

But hang on a moment...

Around 100 students have made their way along Symonds St, where they are sitting in the road chanting

Symonds St is a busy road in Auckland.
Are you suggesting that people should be simply allowed to block whatever roads in the middle of busy cities, with no consequences?

Like OWS, these people dont seem to distingish between the right to be heard, and the right to blockade whatever area of the world you feel like.

They'll probably call it "not letting our voice be heard" or a "violation of free speech".

edit on 31-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'd have to say yes it is justified causing some traffic to make their voice heard. Unless it actually affects anyone, nobody would give a damn with whats going on.

This protest is also about creating awareness of what our money hungry prime minister is doing to our country and getting away with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why does it say "Live 1hr, 57mins ago"? That means it's not live! lmao!
Thats like me showing a video of my sons 1st Christmas and posting "live 4yr, 6mos, 5days, 2hrs & 53mins ago"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You're right that feeds gone offline heres another live feed Live Stream

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I'd have to say yes it is justified causing some traffic to make their voice heard. Unless it actually affects anyone, nobody would give a damn with whats going on.

Remember that what you decide has to also apply for ALL protests and protest groups, otherwise you're being a bit hypocritical.
So... is it your opinion that any group who wish to make their voice heard, is allowed to block streets?
Any group at all?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

For any peace protest? I'd say yes, because if you have that many people willing to go out of their way voice their concern over something then that idea is big enough to not just be ignored.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I'd say yes, because if you have that many people willing to go out of their way voice their concern over something then that idea is big enough to not just be ignored.

"That many people"?
Your link says...

Around 100 students turned out on Symonds St...

So to be clear, your opinion is that if any group can gather 100 people, then they're allowed to block any street they like.
Ok.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Here's some good footage from this afternoon

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Bad Police beating up on taxpayers!
Tell me something I don't know.

Kind of hard to be distant and say "Oh too bad" when it is your neighborhood isn't it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I can't tell if you're for or against but yes its hard to ignore this sort of thing when it reaches your front door step.

You realise how free you actually are and how police try very hard to shut down a peaceful protests as quick as possible.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You raise a lot of sheep in NZ. If you are not in the publiclicy funded sector (including the cops bashing in heads) you have become one. Human livestock working yourself to the bone to feed the very fat wolves.

Auckland NZ/Oakland CA- In both places the police seem to think they can beat, kill rob and steal without reprocussion thanks to their higher up in gov masters.

BTW Good morning You are a day ahead from us in California
edit on 1-6-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join