posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
Well, I went to the range again today. 4th time total. This time I went through 150 rounds of American Eagle 9mm 115 gr.
My first 2 targets had 50 rounds each. The last 2 had 25 rounds each. First 2 were at 13 feet, second 2 were at 15 feet.
My target with the second 50 rounds I believe was my best. (13 feet)
After about 30 or so rounds into my first target, I decided to adjust my sights a little bit. Then I adjusted them after just a few shots into my 2nd
target. I think I did pretty well.
Here's all my targets, from left to right, 1st 2nd 3rd 4th.
I dont really like aiming at the last 2. Since my gun is black, it's kind of hard to focus on the sights compared to the white background targets.
Or, since it was my first time using those targets, I just need to get used to them.
Now here's the bad part about today. I had 8 failures to extract. The first 5 were within the first 50 rounds, and the other 3 scattered in the rest
of the rounds. This really caught me by suprise since I didnt have ANY malfunctions last time I was at the range, and also used the same type of ammo.
In some reviews I read, they said they had an extractor problem, so that's what I think is going on with my Taurus. If I get this amount of
malfunctions again next week, Im sending it in. Maybe it's still in a breaking in period, but im at around 400 rounds through it in total.
I also decided that my next purchase will more than likely be a Sig 2022, 40 cal. I held it and it fits my hands perfectly. The only thing that im not
sure about, is the sights. Instead of a 3 dot sight, it has the white dot on the front sight, but there's only 1 white dot on the back sights (on the
bottom, inbetween the left and right back parts of the back sight). Im not sure what the name of those sights are.