It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I never said i was attacked by all Americans. Stop reading what you want to read...

That is certianly what you are implying...
edit on 1-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Exactly. I did that when I was a kid and it was a great job.

I guess this guy looks down on smileygirl for being a teacher too.

Which guy looks down on smileygirl for being a teacher? Certainly not THIS one since I am also one.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I never said i was attacked by all Americans. Stop reading what you want to read...

How, when i stated numerous times in this thread that it isn't everyone? Bloody hell, a lot of you read what you want.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

As for my comment interesting response...I meant exactly that. Why would you assume I thought you anti-Semite just bc I posted a Dr Seuss link? Although I hope it was sarcasm, because that's a huge leap otherwise.

ok.... I dont mean to be rude but cmon. I just linked twice showing the cartoon is specifically about anti semitism. I am sorry you missed that.

"The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism

en.wikipedia.org...
Third times a charm?
edit on 1-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

It was INSPIRED by his opposition to anti-Semitism. It was intended as a satire of discrimination between RACES AND CULTURES.

I am not calling you anti-Semite, sorry you got that impression. I posted the clip with the belief you could watch it and draw parallels from the story to this current situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

ahhhh you volunteered in a preschool once, that must mean you have a doctorate or something and know all the answers to every possible questions, I see.

I worked at a Pre School buddy. And it was a great job that I am proud to have had the chance to do.

You are so rude. Would you say that to someone in person? Are you this rude in real life?

And in response to your other question from the other ignorant post. No we did not discuss anti-semetism. It is not an age appropriate topic. They are pre-schoolers remember.

The reason I know about it,is because I am interested in anti-semetism. I think it is bs for the most part and I see this story as subliminal propaganda for children.

I worked in a Pre School when I was young by the way,and had no problem with the book then. I also was not aware it was specifically about anti semetism at the time I would say. I would not have put much thought into it.

But let me say again,I take great offence to you insulting my work at Pre Schools. I worked in a couple actually. Shame on you buddy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

How, when i stated numerous times in this thread that it isn't everyone? Bloody hell, a lot of you read what you want.

As do you....
Although we share the same common language (English), it is clear that our geographical differences interpret it differently as far as usage and inference.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The impression came from you saying that my response was "interesting".

It was not "interesting" it was correct. Why would you say "interesting" if not to imply I was anti semetic or at least wrong. Which I clearly am not. Correct as usual.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

as I jusr said,I am aware of it already. I am very familiar because,as I said,I worked in pre School,have read it to children. have seen the cartoon.

And in addition I am very interested in antisemitism so I have come across this information before. It is not 'opinion' it is fact. Fact.

ahhhh you volunteered in a preschool once, that must mean you have a doctorate or something and know all the answers to every possible questions, I see.

Perfect example of arrogance ^ ^ ^

Exactly. I did that when I was a kid and it was a great job.

I guess this guy looks down on smileygirl for being a teacher too.

What does this mean? You feel I'm inferior because I'm a teacher? Just want to make sure I understand before I take this any further.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I worked at a Pre School buddy. And it was a great job that I am proud to have had the chance to do.

You are so rude. Would you say that to someone in person? Are you this rude in real life?

And in response to your other question from the other ignorant post. No we did not discuss anti-semetism. It is not an age appropriate topic. They are pre-schoolers remember.

The reason I know about it,is because I am interested in anti-semetism. I think it is bs for the most part and I see this story as subliminal propaganda for children.

I worked in a Pre School when I was young by the way,and had no problem with the book then. I also was not aware it was specifically about anti semetism at the time I would say. I would not have put much thought into it.

But let me say again,I take great offence to you insulting my work at Pre Schools. I worked in a couple actually. Shame on you buddy.

That's wonderful that you enjoyed it, but by doing it, you did not become an authority in the interpretation of particular literature or media.
Just as you didn't discuss it as antisemetism then, she was not implying antisemetism now.
As I said, your interest in it led you to take it in that manner.
Not insulting your work in the preschool at all, insulting the attitude that you take as a result of it.

Yes, I would say this to you in real life and yes, I am intentionally being rude as a result of the rudenss you have displayed. I am rude to those who display it first and have no qualms about doing so.
Do you have any further questions or have you now sorted through all of this?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It was not "interesting" it was correct. Why would you say "interesting" if not to imply I was anti semetic or at least wrong. Which I clearly am not. Correct as usual.

So you had an incorrect impression and made an incorrect assumption, then attacked her due to your incorrect status.
your comment "correct as usual" is not only incorrect, but it is the very arrogance that has brought on what you see as my "rudeness". Do you see that?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You are exhausting. My "attitude as a result"? I am telling you that I am aware of the book and how. I could have just as easily remembered the book from my own childhood,but I missed that suess story I think. I remember it from when I was working in a pre school.

I am right. You are wrong. It is about anti semetism. Deal with it.

Nothing "interesting" about me pointing that out. Its correct.

not open for interpratation. Nothing is. Thats just what dumb people tell themselves.

www.teachpeace.com...
www.fighthatred.com...

He is quoted as saying, “children’s literature as I write it and as I see it is satire to a great extent … there’s The Sneetches … which was inspired by my opposition to anti-Semitism.” I suppose the star should have been a giveaway.

blog.schoollibraryjournal.com...

You are wrong. Admit it.
I should not have to go finding quotes. Why are you people so pig headed?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You are exhausting. My "attitude as a result"? I am telling you that I am aware of the book and how. I could have just as easily remembered the book from my own childhood,but I missed that suess story I think. I remember it from when I was working in a pre school.

not open for interpratation. Nothing is. Thats just what dumb people tell themselves.

So you are now admitting that you were dumb for having done this? Good, you are coming along.
As far as the "i am right, you are wrong blah blah blah", you are still having some issues with the fact that you are incorrect and trying to cover for it with arrogance and rudeness. We can try to address that next and help you through it if you like....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This is silly and absurd. We are spinning circles and getting no where.

Nice to hear you worked in a preschool, which is a difficult job and requires a lot of patience. Hats off to you for doing so.

Surely, during your work with the preschoolers, you discussed how children could make a connection from the story read to their own life experiences? That is the purpose of reading these type of books with a message.

Seuss may have written the book as anti-Semitism, but it fits other scenarios involving cultural clashes as well. Reading a story and applying it to a new situation is a higher order thinking skill.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Seuss may have written the book as anti-Semitism, but it fits other scenarios involving cultural clashes as well. Reading a story and applying it to a new situation is a higher order thinking skill.

aye, there's the rub, I'm not certain this particular poster is capable of higher order thinking skills

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So you are now admitting that you were dumb for having done this? Good, you are coming along.
As far as the "i am right, you are wrong blah blah blah", you are still having some issues with the fact that you are incorrect and trying to cover for it with arrogance and rudeness. We can try to address that next and help you through it if you like....

He is quoted as saying, “children’s literature as I write it and as I see it is satire to a great extent … there’s The Sneetches … which was inspired by my opposition to anti-Semitism.” I suppose the star should have been a giveaway.

blog.schoollibraryjournal.com...

There is an edit above.

I bet you dont even believe the author do you?

You should both say you are sorry for doubting me.

I know what I am talking about. Its clear actually.

edit- and yet you insult me just because I am correct and I make you feel silly. Americans need to get over themselves. Seriously. You are so stubborn and quick to assume someone is stupid when they point you in the right direction. And so quick to insult someone. So defensive. So lost.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You are wrong. Admit it.
I should not have to go finding quotes. Why are you people so pig headed

If, at some point, I am wrong, I'll be happy to admit it, but I haven't been yet.
It's completely up to you if you want to find quotes, if you don't want to do it, don't.
Pig headed? Pigs are mammals, I'm a chiten, chitens are birds. Do you perhaps need a tutor for biology/zoology as well?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I bet you dont even believe the author do you?

You should both say you are sorry for doubting me.

I know what I am talking about. Its clear actually.

BBWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ohhhhh that's funny!!!
Let's see if I can break this down for you...

1. Her comment wasn't about antisemetism
2. You made the assumption it was... you were wrong.
3. Nobody has said that wasn't an underlying theme for the work, but just as it wasn't what was discussed with the preschool children you worked with, it wasn't being discussed with you.
4. Although I have serious doubts about you, that isn't one of them and I'm not about to apologize for being able to see certain issues that you happen to have.
5. Although you may know what YOU are talking about, you are having some serious issues in following the conversation and comprehending what others are talking about.
6. clear as mud.

edit- and yet you insult me just because I am correct and I make you feel silly. Americans need to get over themselves. Seriously. You are so stubborn and quick to assume someone is stupid when they point you in the right direction. And so quick to insult someone. So defensive. So lost.

hmmmm... so, you show clear and undeniable arrogance/ignorance then you say you are correct when you have been shown that you were clearly wrong, then say Americans need to get over themselves but it was you who was being arrogant and stubborn (and stupid and insulting and defensive)...
It gets curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Just search through a lot of my threads

Seriously though:

North Korea directs missile towards Australia - This has to be probably the thread where the war between US and Aus picked up heat
Starts at around page 5/6/7 - Keep on reading it too, you'll see a bunch of crap lol:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mass Brawl Erupts (This may be tongue in cheek, but still, it's a little battle with obscenities thrown by both sides):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many more, i just can't be bothered with pointing out everything.

Good day to you

Case is rested.. there have been ZERO anti-Australian threads made. Random comments are hardly anything close to this thread committed to hatred of America and it's citizens.. you are simply a bitter person who hates America. Best advice I can give you for the potential butt hurt comments in your future threads.. "sticks and stones"

edit on 1-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You are wrong. Admit it.
I should not have to go finding quotes. Why are you people so pig headed

If, at some point, I am wrong, I'll be happy to admit it, but I haven't been yet.
It's completely up to you if you want to find quotes, if you don't want to do it, don't.
Pig headed? Pigs are mammals, I'm a chiten, chitens are birds. Do you perhaps need a tutor for biology/zoology as well?

So now you do not believe Theodor Seuss Geise. Theodor Seuss Geise is wrong now is he?

back out friend. You are wrong.

Dont worry about the sorry.

You are funny

I just read your back out post and am shaking my head. You are very funny. I enjoyed this. I like to do a guy slowly. It was fun. I was right. You were wrong.

Like I said,dont worry about sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Case is rested.. there have been ZERO anti-Australian threads made.. you are simply a bitter person who hates America.

Agreed, but now working on them to help them sort through their serious psychological disfunction to prevent future instances

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join