It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I have anger toward your Imperial Government and its cheerleaders.

But having said that,America is the dunce of the world. It is just how you act and how other nations see you. It has been that way for a long time but its getting worse. The European MSM are not out to get you. It is popular opinion that America as a nation is unsophisticated. Its just the way it is.

And it is why many find your country off putting. You are not special. yet you all act like you are. Its very insulting to the rest of the world.

Funny you should say that because that is the exact impression I'm getting from YOU, not the impression I see from American posters here, in this thread.
Have you ever studied psychology at all? Ever hear of the term "projection"?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by PurpleChiten

No, she didn't. YOU took it that way but she did not imply that in any way, shape or form.

Really? Why did she say the response was interesting?

I just linked you proof that what I was saying was correct.

What is interesting is that Americans will link something when they do not understand exactly what it means or bother to look into it.

After scrolling through 6 pages to try to figure out what in the world you were talking about... I saw finally where she said "interesting response though" concerning you taking a link about people accepting differences from a video as an antisemantic attack. She meant it was interesting that you would interpret it in that way. She was being nice as opposed to saying "What in the world are you talking about antisemantic, are you an idiot or something??" like I would say.
You are reading too much into it and making it into something it isn't.

I find your ignorance to be exhausting.

I linked the wiki on Sneetches. It clearly says that it was written SPECIFICALLY with antisemitism in mind.

She did not know that. She raised her voice in upper case trying to imply she knew what it was about when she obviously did not and only proved herself to be rude,ignorant and obnoxious. The point of the thread.

Here it is again.

"The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism.[

en.wikipedia.org...
Now please explain to me what was "interesting" about my response. Please. I will wait.

My response was correct wasnt it?
And she did not understand the cartoon or look into it.
I think you owe me an apology. You are wrong. I am correct.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by smyleegrl

Are you saying Im ant-semetic?

The star off machine would be a good idea for you guys. You are not special.

Not anti-Semitic. Interesting response, though.

The point of the clip, as you well know, is that BOTH groups should stop with the prejudice.

This is not a slam but an honest question. There's been multiple references made about threads where Americans bash Australians. Can you post links because I've honestly never read one of these threads and I'd like to see for myself.

"The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Interesting response"??? What do you imply? Shame on you. I gave you more credit.
Dont you even know what you post?

So instead of watching the video, you decide to google it to see what somebody says it is about and come up with antisemitism, then assume that she is accusing you of being antisemantic... do you not see the error in this logic???

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The point of the clip, as you well know, is that BOTH groups should stop with the prejudice.

This is not a slam but an honest question. There's been multiple references made about threads where Americans bash Australians. Can you post links because I've honestly never read one of these threads and I'd like to see for myself.

"The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Interesting response"??? What do you imply? Shame on you. I gave you more credit.

So instead of watching the video, you decide to google it to see what somebody says it is about and come up with antisemitism, then assume that she is accusing you of being antisemantic... do you not see the error in this logic???

I used to work in a Pre School when I was younger. I have seen the video and read the book to children. I know about it friend.

I link so you will believe me. Even though you still clutch at straws.

All you continue to do is galvanize the stereotype. Its actually funny

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think you owe me an apology. You are wrong. I am correct

No, your response was not correct.
She understood the cartoon just fine, however, you found someone else's opinion of it instead of watching it for yourself.
You don't deserve an apology, but I can try to set you up for some reading comprehension tutoring if you like.
I'm not wrong, you are not right.
I tried to keep it short and simple so you couldn't get confused as you have shown you are likely to do.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I used to work in a Pre Schoo when I was younger. I have seen the video and read the book to children. I know about it friend.

I link so you will believe me. Even though you still clutch at straws.

So, in your country, you feel that discussing that differences aren't differences at all and all people should be treated equally is actually discussing antisemitism?
Interesting response... (can't wait to see what you read into THAT one!!!)

oh wait! Let's make it really fun!!

So you are saying that since I'm southern that I deal with straw, unable to afford real hay and hence that makes me hate people with blond hair??? How racist of you!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I think you owe me an apology. You are wrong. I am correct

No, your response was not correct.
She understood the cartoon just fine, however, you found someone else's opinion of it instead of watching it for yourself.
You don't deserve an apology, but I can try to set you up for some reading comprehension tutoring if you like.
I'm not wrong, you are not right.
I tried to keep it short and simple so you couldn't get confused as you have shown you are likely to do.

as I jusr said,I am aware of it already. I am very familiar because,as I said,I worked in pre School,have read it to children. have seen the cartoon.

And in addition I am very interested in antisemitism so I have come across this information before. It is not 'opinion' it is fact. Fact.

edit- and if you doubt that Im interested in anti semitism read my profile,as I know you will doubt me, check my profile and you will see I talk about Hitler alot becuase I find him interesting ( and no,not a nazi,so dont ). I know alot my friend. Im guessing more than you. I also try to only speak about the things I do know.

and again- FACT. It is not open to interpretation. When you hear someone say that,they are trying to make dumb people feel better about themselves. The cartoon is specifically about anti semetism. Fact.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by daaskapital

By the way, I am not Anti American... I am anti what America has become. I am a Human Being. I know the difference. I survived the brainwashing and trying like hell to wake em up. Doing it a bit nicer than you though.

I'm still trying though

Sorry, I guess I come across too fatalistic (all the time). It's just, well... I find myself waking up in (of all places) the Fourth Reich. And I'm pissed. Frustrated. Not sure what to do about it really. Got any ideas?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

as I jusr said,I am aware of it already. I am very familiar because,as I said,I worked in pre School,have read it to children. have seen the cartoon.

And in addition I am very interested in antisemitism so I have come across this information before. It is not 'opinion' it is fact. Fact.

ahhhh you volunteered in a preschool once, that must mean you have a doctorate or something and know all the answers to every possible questions, I see.
She happens to be a teacher with at least one degree, probably multiple degrees and was trying to help you see that just because people may look differently or have different characteristics, doesn't mean that one is better than the other. She wasn't implying anything about antisemitism in any way, shape or form. YOU took it that way because you happen to be interested in that topic.
wikipedia is NOT the ultimate source of pure truth, in fact, students aren't even allowed to quote from wikipedia due to the nature of it. It is not an authority on anything at anytime. It's great for looking up quick concepts of various things but should never be taken as an absolute authority at all, just as a personal blog isn't taken as a news source.

Forgive us for assuming you had an intelligence level equivalent to what we are accustomed to. It is clear that you do not and we can happily dial it down to your level so you can comprehend what is being said now that we are aware of that. (THAT is arrogance, just so you know)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

And yes I can. Wait a sec.

edit-www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Americans like to do is attack Australia by saying we mistreat Aboriginals. That is a lie. It is the only thing most Americans can think of to deflect constructive criticism of its government. I dont talk about how dumb you are or your culture much,I focus on your government. But that makes me anti-american by ATS logic.
Instead of taking contructive,on the mark criticism on board,most Americans become defensive and search their brains for a counter. The mistreating Aboriginals is the straw they grasp at. Then convicts like your friend tried earlier.

Wow. Lots to respond to.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. But I'm sure you realize that to take what a handful of internet posters state and extrapolate that to mean all Americans feel the same is a real stretch.

As for my comment interesting response...I meant exactly that. Why would you assume I thought you anti-Semite just bc I posted a Dr Seuss link? He may have written it as an anti-semite piece but it goes further than that and can be applied to any culture or racial conflict.

edit on 1-6-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

ok, I'm confused

...was this thread posted as some kind of "bait" or "slam"? If so, sorry to have taken part in it, that's poor form

No it wasn't bait, and stop sucking up like you's all do!

The hell it wasn't

Did you even read my response to the moderator? I had no idea he was going to rock up, in fact i didn't give a crap whether he did or he didn't. That is why i didn't mention him by name. The thread is not about the moderator so how can it be bait to bring him here?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I really dislike these threads. No offense meant to you, OP. But all these threads accomplish is division and hate.

No different to teh numerous posts on here slandering Australia, our past, our servicemen...

I have not seen a single post, anywhere on this site at any time that even refrenced Australia until this one, not even ONE! But you sure have done a lot to make it look bad in this one.

I gave you links mate

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Did you even read my response to the moderator? I had no idea he was going to rock up, in fact i didn't give a crap whether he did or he didn't. That is why i didn't mention him by name. The thread is not about the moderator so how can it be bait to bring him here?

Again, I say, The hell it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I really dislike these threads. No offense meant to you, OP. But all these threads accomplish is division and hate.

No different to teh numerous posts on here slandering Australia, our past, our servicemen...

I have not seen a single post, anywhere on this site at any time that even refrenced Australia until this one, not even ONE! But you sure have done a lot to make it look bad in this one.

I gave you links mate

Mighty nice of you, but I have no desire to read them. I just told you, I have not seen anything of the nature in the time I've been here (that means I am an outside source that wasn't in on whatever attacks you may have felt you have endured). That means that your feelings of being attacked by all americans and that all of them are "out to get you" aren't true, it's something that you feel based on conversations with a select group of other posters. (let me know if that was too difficult to follow, I can dial it down if neccesary)

link   

As for my comment interesting response...I meant exactly that. Why would you assume I thought you anti-Semite just bc I posted a Dr Seuss link? Although I hope it was sarcasm, because that's a huge leap otherwise.

ok.... I dont mean to be rude but cmon. I just linked twice showing the cartoon is specifically about anti semitism. I am sorry you missed that.

"The Sneetches" was intended by Seuss as a satire of discrimination between races and cultures, and was specifically inspired by his opposition to antisemitism

en.wikipedia.org...
Third times a charm?

link   

ahhhh you volunteered in a preschool once, that must mean you have a doctorate or something and know all the answers to every possible questions, I see.

Perfect example of arrogance ^ ^ ^

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I gave you links mate

Mighty nice of you, but I have no desire to read them. I just told you, I have not seen anything of the nature in the time I've been here (that means I am an outside source that wasn't in on whatever attacks you may have felt you have endured). That means that your feelings of being attacked by all americans and that all of them are "out to get you" aren't true, it's something that you feel based on conversations with a select group of other posters. (let me know if that was too difficult to follow, I can dial it down if neccesary)

I never said i was attacked by all Americans. Stop reading what you want to read...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

ok.... I dont mean to be rude but cmon. I just linked twice showing the cartoon is specifically about anti semitism. I am sorry you missed that.

When you read that book or showed the video in preschool, were you discussing antisemitism or were you discussing how all people are different and those differences shouldn't matter?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Did you not see where I clearly stated "now THAT is arrogance"????

seriously, you just want to fight don't you?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Exactly. I did that when I was a kid and it was a great job.

I guess this guy looks down on smileygirl for being a teacher too.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join