It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is a bigoted thread, lol
edit on 1-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If the whole world has a problem with America like you said then why doesn't the world just leave us alone? Almost every country in the world begs America for either money, food, medical aid and whatnot including your country. And that is fact.

thats wrong.

Your Aid Scams are just that. They are scams for corporatists. It really annoys me when Americans point to Aid as an excuse for acting like jerks. And it proves my point.

Please read more about the Aid Scam.

And it is all borrowed money. How can you afford to send millions in military 'Aid' to Pakistan? Oh thats right, you cant.

You leave the world alone.

Another problem is there are ignorant Americans waiting to star ignorant responses like yours making you think you are correct when in fact,you are not.

edit- would you listen to an American? We really want to help you people you know.
www.la.org.au...
edit on 1-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit- And we beg you? What does Australia beg for? You have no idea what you are talking about. You beg us for money for your IMF because we actually have a good economy and a AAA Credit Rating unlike America.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Americans don't realize how brainwashed they are. Schools force our kids to pledge allegiance to the flag everyday at until around age 15 (creepy North Korean style programming). Many Americans also live in some fantasy where the USA is the best country in the world..

edit on 1-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

hahahaha @ that video

"European news isn't free like OURS"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

hahahaha @ that video

"European news isn't free like OURS"

Hey man.

Even though Im blunt and obnoxious,Im the first to admit guys like you are smart.

You seem as smart as anyone here. I really like Misoir. That guy is as smart as all hell. I dont think all Americans are ignorant.obnoxious. I think you have a PR issue though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well, as someone who lives in Europe, I can assure you that we have a plethora of ignorant barely read AIRSEHOLES, and what do you want to do, go to some place in Niger, Yemen etc and compare how much of the world they know?

Quit with your stereotypes there fella

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And about the Convict thing for all you Simpsons fans,like I said,the imigrants answer I linked wasnt perfect. But an example of what a person would say that actually had some knowledge on a subject and was not being so obnoxious and insulting.

You/we are told that we sprang from a colonial outpost that was used for dumping convicts. That may be true in an round about way but the Red Coats only sent them here because the American Revolution meant that they could no longer send convicts to America. America had at least 60000 covicts sent to America before they threw a hissy fit. Also by 1868, when transportation ended, fewer than 200,000 convicts had been brought in, whereas the total population was over 1,000,000. Far more Free Settlers than convicts settled Australia.

So if you are Australian and you have been brainwashed by insulting American and or British bs about our proud past, dont believe it. We are awesome. Always have been. No need for self-loathing. No need to take crap from Simpsons fans. We were always a great free nation. And when the Red Coats got too much we stood up to them. Eureka Stokade was awesome. And our great free people refused to convict the great Aussies that were involved,instead they rose to power. Peter Laylor came from that. He is a great Australian. We didnt need a war for our independance. Our people did it with realitive peace. We would not have Red Coats standing over us though.

And most 'convicts' were political prisoners in many respects. This is why we love Ned Kelly. Australians are a fair go nation. Always have been. our people rise up against injustice. We value that. Their crime was to have championed against the rule of a selfish aristocracy.

Australia is awesome.

Only 200000 convicts out of 1,000,000 population by the end of transportation. We were a place of Free Settlers. I prosperous nation that attracted people from all around the globe that wanted a fair go and a free way of life.

Free Settlers.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread should watch this little cartoon. Just sayin'.

edit on 1-6-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

I apologize, embedding a YouTube video via my iPod appears to be beyond my skills tonight.

If you follow the link, you'll see a lovely cartoon by Dr. Seuss It's about Sneetches and has a powerful message.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

ok, I'm confused

...was this thread posted as some kind of "bait" or "slam"? If so, sorry to have taken part in it, that's poor form

No it wasn't bait, and stop sucking up like you's all do!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

ok, I'm confused

...was this thread posted as some kind of "bait" or "slam"? If so, sorry to have taken part in it, that's poor form

No it wasn't bait, and stop sucking up like you's all do!

I believe he had a legitimate question. Why so quick to assume he's sucking up to someone? Who is he sucking up to? It makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Very disappointed. I always loved Australia and dreamed of going there and enjoying the culture, the history, the interesting population and learning more about it.... but if this is an example of the midset there, my dream is shattered.

I couls say the same regarding the USA, considering the amount of posts that i could consider the mindset of Americans

I always admired the determination of Australians, the ability to overcome obstacles put in their way, praised them for becoming a respectable nation after being settled by... well.... prison inmates...

Most of Australia was settled by free settlers as Germanicus pointed out. The USA was settled by prison inmates also.

Going from a penal colony to a sovereign nation was something I felt was admirable... but now, now I'm questioning that.
Congratulations daaskapital for giving the entire country a bad name in the mind of someone who was very favorable to it with your actions

You were partially agreeing with me on the first page, yet now you jump on teh bandwagon since the thread is starting to generate interest...predictable.

I've never heard anyone (here in real life America) speak poorly of Australia, EVER, but apparently you feel they do. Perhaps the problem is with you, not with them.

First of all, why rip of the mods line? Secondly this thread is not about real life Americans, but the American ATS members.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
proper numpty

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I really dislike these threads. No offense meant to you, OP. But all these threads accomplish is division and hate.

No different to teh numerous posts on here slandering Australia, our past, our servicemen...

We should be buiding each other up in such a way that when one makes a mistake, he/she feels comfortable with being corrected and shown the truth. That doesn't happen on a lot of ATS threads. Indeed, if you post a dissenting viewpoint chances are great that you'll get lambasted very quickly.

I agree with the first part. It may be a negative view, but it isn't aimed at all Americans as much a lot of them would like to believe.

Are there ignorant Americans on here? But lets change one word and make this sentence even more accurate.

There are ignorant PEOPLE on here.

From every country, every continent, every political idealogy, every thought.

Let's stop pointing fingers at certain countries, move past the segregation.....

Yes, i said that there were more than just ignorant Americans on here. Again i ask everyone to read the #ing thread before posting...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Are you saying Im ant-semetic?

The star off machine would be a good idea for you guys. You are not special.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by daaskapital

I would dare say you "foreign members" are ignorant of Americans.

Actually, you display the very behavior you "hate".

You know nothing of Americans and the US, yet you post post post like you do.

Or you would not be proud of another "American hate thread"

Americans post untruthful and offensive crap regarding Australia, without any knowledge.

ATS, you need to start pressing ALL breaking of the T&C. That includes the popular "@!(() Americans" Cause if I put "(!*!& Chinese" or "(!!&& the Jews" this thread would have been gone within minutes.

In fact, maybe I should make a thread specifically pointing this stuff out. I have never seen bigotry promoted in such a manner.

"Don't talk about weed but you go ahead berrate and abuse a whole section of our membership, just because of where they live"

Indeed, the moderators do not like it when i post effective rebuttals. Any number of threads of mine are a perfect example. The mods are involved, they are just behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
I find all these American bashing threads hilarious
This whole my history is more correct than your history bickering is only found in places like Australia or UK backed threads.

That is because we have correct history. You don't see any historical arguments taking place on American threads because they are all indoctrinated to believe that way.

It's sad that your nation and any closely tied nation/allies teach you all the American stereotypes.. sad part is you believe most Americans are dumb.

Just because you're butt hurt from a previous thread, you think creating a thread that offends Americans will make everything better.. what a sad and bitter person you must be.

edit on 1-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

No one needs to look at stereotypes when you have the real thing on ATS...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's obvious you are proud of your heritage, and that's wonderful.

Are others not allowed that same luxury?

My father had a week of "vacation" from the Vietnam war and he stayed with an Australian family. They still exchange Christmas cards.

Are your views of Americans mainly formed from comments on ATS, the Internet, or personal experience? I would submit that perhaps the Internet isn't the best place to sample the average American life. As for tourists, I think all tourists are somewhat obnoxious. That's been my experience from having lived in a tourist area my whole life.

You will always have ignorant folks to contend with. I think you've got the right idea in that you want to educate people about your country. I just think you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Originally posted by Germanicus
And I dont appreciate the anti-american card.

Then quit being anti-American:

Its just my opinion that Americans,for the most part are arrogant and obnoxious.

it is why you think Americans can act like obnoxious jerks

Americas delusion that they are the "greatest" and that they are superior.

Why are you intent on perpetuating the American idiot stereotype?

And that is just your posts, let's look at threads!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh wait, the topic here is "Bigotry against Americans" sorry sorry. Continue!

He is not Anti-American...

He is just stating the truth. Or what the USA has displayed over the years. And what you members have displayed.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by daaskapital

By the way, I am not Anti American... I am anti what America has become. I am a Human Being. I know the difference. I survived the brainwashing and trying like hell to wake em up. Doing it a bit nicer than you though.

I'm still trying though

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

You were partially agreeing with me on the first page, yet now you jump on teh bandwagon since the thread is starting to generate interest...predictable.

On the first page, I thought you were just another poster talking about the motto of "Deny Ignorance" and how many seem like they think it means they should deny that they're actually ignorant instead of what it actually means, then I find out you are from another country, slamming MY COUNTRY over something from another thread and being a big whiney baby because you didn't get your way.
Sometimes it takes a while for the truth to be uncovered. Now I see you are clearly of the former group instead of the latter and . See how that works?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join