page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by Germanicus

See what I mean? you are basing judgments about my
level of education without even knowing for sure.. please, continue to prove me correct
Yes I know who Yomamato is.. I took AmHist1041 last semester. History is my favorite subject.. but thats not what you want to argue, your objective is to reinforce a stereotypical dumb American isnt that right?

Of course not. I would be very interested in what you are being taught about the great Yamamoto though.

And why would anyone want to reinforce it. You guys do that. We are trying to make you see. Obviously you are saying that you think America saved us all in WW2. That is bs. It is insulting to other nations and it is why you think Americans can act like obnoxious jerks running around screaming "I AM THE GREATEST!" but in reality, you need an intervention. Daas is trying to give you one.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So Americans can't run around shouting "We're the greatest"

But you can go around shouting "We're the most ignorant"

More hypocricy, can't say I am surprised. Bigots always come with a dose of hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
So Americans can't run around shouting "We're the greatest"

But you can go around shouting "We're the most ignorant"

More hypocricy, can't say I am surprised. Bigots always come with a dose of hypocrisy.

that doesnt even really make sense..... Zing though

So you can run around singing "I AM THE GREATEST". Is that what you are saying?

And I dont appreciate the anti-american card.

Also,I am an individual. Many are for America. Many are not. Its a wedge issue becuse of our friendship with China. And the younger people tend to be more pro-America boot lickers. The older people seem more likely to call your tv shows American crap. Its just my opinion that Americans,for the most part are arrogant and obnoxious. Many agree. The entire European MSM so it seems from my link. Are they all ignorant too? All those Europeans.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I clearly said,it was set up as a Penal Colony. But it was settled by Free Settlers.
Here is an answer from a less obnoxious,insulting International citizen. Odds are,not American. the question is asking why Americans mainly,think Australia was settled by convicts. The answer is not perfect and could be better,but he is not ignorant or arrogant like you.

I have not been ignorant or arrogant with you at all. I have not argued with you about this. I've been more than tolerant of your screaming and shouting and nastiness and now you go on to insult me.
This says far more about YOU than it does about me. If that's what you wish to do, go ahead, but you are only enforcing the stereotype that you claim to be condemning.
If you wish for people to see your countrymen as something other than what you THINK they see you as, then you need to display what it is you want to be seen as. Right now, you are giving great credibility to those you say are stereotyping you injustly by living up to that stereotype.
I had absolutely no negative feelings or conceptions about Australia in any way, shape or form until now, on this thread. I have to say, I am extremely disappointed and there are two of you that are responsible for that.
You claim you are fighting against a stereotype, but you are actually building one. I didn't have one until now, but now, yes, there is definitely one forming.
Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Meh, I could really care less what a couple of posters from Australia think about the country that I live in, or even about me for that matter. What's very odd is that they care so much about what our country and each of us think about them...
I guess our sense of worth isn't dependent upon what some country, thousands of miles away, thinks of us. Is this paranoia indigenous to all Australians or is it only the two of you that think this way?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And I dont appreciate the anti-american card.

Then quit being anti-American:

Its just my opinion that Americans,for the most part are arrogant and obnoxious.

it is why you think Americans can act like obnoxious jerks

Americas delusion that they are the "greatest" and that they are superior.

Why are you intent on perpetuating the American idiot stereotype?

And that is just your posts, let's look at threads!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh wait, the topic here is "Bigotry against Americans" sorry sorry. Continue!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
MUUHAHAHAHAHAAAA I am the great and evil American!!! I am holding that tiny country under my thumb! They are mine to control!!! MUHUAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by brukernavn
One of the best questions to ask Americans is whom the first president was. Most will say George Washington. They say that the people wanted to make him a king. Why would they want to do that if they'd already had many presidents before him? lol True, George Washington is the first president under the current constitution, but they refuse to realize that he became president in 1789, but wait... The US became a country and gained independence in 1776... Where is the history before him? They refuse to acknowledge it because it disproves that saintly Christians founded the nation. What fools...

And you are right up there with them. This is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read about American history. Really. I don't know any American alive who "refuses to realize that he (G.W.) became President in 1789.' None.

News flash: The US DID NOT "become a country" in 1776. All that happened was that the colonies declared independence. That's all. They had no idea where they were going or if all the colonies would unite as a single country, which was not a done deal. They managed to cobble together the Articles of Confederation, which served them loosely for awhile and until they could write, then ratify, the current constitution, which took awhile. Oh, and there was the small matter of making the British, the most powerful nation on earth, to go away, which also took awhile. (Thank you, France.) It's not that they couldn't have beaten the colonies. They easily could have, but they had other things on their mind, like World Domination.

And your last statement is completely insane. Whether the US could be considered a country in 1776 or 13 years later in 1789 has nothing whatsoever to do wiith Christianity or the claim that "saintly Christians founded the nation." The guys who actually "founded the country," i.e.: The ones who filed the paperwork, so to speak, were Deists and Masons, not "saintly Christians." The religions of the people themselves was no different than in Europe. I'm sure some deluded "saintly Christians" like to claim "they" founded the nation, but it isn't in the Constitution and it isn't in the Declaration of Independence. In fact, the First Amendment says the exact opposite, starting out with, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

You say, "What fools!"? I say your entire statement is illogical, full of factual errors, and foolish. What threads like this teach you is that others are as ignorant of America as Americans are of them. If you want to deny ignorance, learn to recognize your own ignorance first.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Coming from one of the British, who has always despised America (even going so far as to force American visitors to stay in the streets when they find themselves in a bind on your side of the pond) I'm not surprised.

It's always easy to point out the flaws in other people. But if enlightenment is what you're looking for, try seeing what YOU'RE doing wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by brukernavn
One of the best questions to ask Americans is whom the first president was. Most will say George Washington. They say that the people wanted to make him a king. Why would they want to do that if they'd already had many presidents before him? lol True, George Washington is the first president under the current constitution, but they refuse to realize that he became president in 1789, but wait... The US became a country and gained independence in 1776... Where is the history before him? They refuse to acknowledge it because it disproves that saintly Christians founded the nation. What fools...

First off, we don't believe "saintly Christians" founded the Nation, but we (okay, *I*) believe that it was founded by God-fearing men. The freedoms of liberty, life, justice, and the pursuit of happiness were not the main reasons America was colonized, it was because they sought Freedom of Religion. Also, there is nothing to suggest that any of the 15 presidents before Washington would "disprove" that.

Hell, Richard Henry Lee, the 11th president, first opposed the Constitution when it was being sent to the States for ratification, because he saw it as "anti-democratic and anti-Christian" - yet, he felt one of the amendments corrected many of the document's gravest faults-the Bill of Rights.

Samuel Huntington, the 6th, was viewed as "the most precisely trained Christian jurists ever to serve his country" by John Jay, the 5th President.

Deny Ignorance, my friend.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Denying ignorance. It's a term that depends upon one's perspective. What's ignorant in one person's eyes may be a denial of simple fact in another's.

My main problem in my country is that both ends of the spectrum are just dripping in psychotic drivel and an inability to understand basic reality.
edit on 1-6-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And its not just me and Daas. The whole world is against you guys. Are you all really so egocentric?

And do you really believe this American propaganda? Or are the Europeans right?

I like the last line- "it might be time to start."
edit on 1-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

If the whole world has a problem with America like you said then why doesn't the world just leave us alone? Almost every country in the world begs America for either money, food, medical aid and whatnot including your country. And that is fact.

Do America a favor get in touch with your government and tell them to cut off all ties with America we'll be better off for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly. They drain our resources faster than a hole in a bucket.

And then they turn around and complain. Oh, well, excuse me...I'll just have that $50,000,000 back then...not to mention all of the medicine, food, and supplies we send to your troops...

Don't worry, we'll never help you again. After all, if you sink, that's one less rival, yes?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
For perspective?... this is a rant after all, and most likely NOT the source of the frustration, merely a symptom.
So rant away Das, hope it makes you feel better. ... and when this plays out, take a peek in your own backyard or even the mirror for the real source of your disgruntlement. But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant American.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When I was growing up, my younger brother and I fought all the time. Reminds me of some of the bickering in this thread, to be honest.

Anyway, after a suitable punishment for our infraction, my parents would then make us do the unthinkable.

That's right. They made us HUG each other.

Perhaps the way to resolve this issue is a great, big, strong cyber hug?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yep. I know because I live right in the middle of Middle Class American Hell. We can't drive, push a shopping cart, or cross the street. Everyone is entitled to have anything they want at any time for any reason without so much as a how-dya-doo.

It's not our fault really. We been raised to be dumbed down. How dumb do you have to be for this to be a successful ad campaign?

By the way, I am not Anti American... I am anti what America has become. I am a Human Being. I know the difference. I survived the brainwashing and trying like hell to wake em up. Doing it a bit nicer than you though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
When I was growing up, my younger brother and I fought all the time. Reminds me of some of the bickering in this thread, to be honest.

Anyway, after a suitable punishment for our infraction, my parents would then make us do the unthinkable.

That's right. They made us HUG each other.

Perhaps the way to resolve this issue is a great, big, strong cyber hug?

that didn't work with my sister, she'd end up standing on my toes or kneeing me or digging her nails into me and I'd retalliate by pulling her hair, then she'd squeel and we'd just be in trouble all over again

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

It's not our fault really. We been raised to be dumbed down. How dumb do you have to be for this to be a successful ad campaign?

Yeah, that's a pretty stupid commercial, I agree!!!

But this one really rocks!!

it'll make ya happier then a koala up a gum tree!
edit on 1-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Our hugs were closely supervised. If deemed false or hurtful, we got another lick with the belt and had to do it again.

This thread is sad on so many levels, and I'd love to help cheer things up.

So if the hug didn't work, maybe it's time for a Foster's?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Our hugs were closely supervised. If deemed false or hurtful, we got another lick with the belt and had to do it again.

This thread is sad on so many levels, and I'd love to help cheer things up.

So if the hug didn't work, maybe it's time for a Foster's?

Now you're talking!!! I'll even make the birthers happy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join