It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance - A term which Americans find hard to understand

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I really liked Farscape. So thanks, Australian actors.
That's about the only appropriate reply this thread deserves.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiggersTheMan
I really liked Farscape. So thanks, Australian actors.
That's about the only appropriate reply this thread deserves.

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Ok I have read this post from start to finish, analyzed it and watched it grow and have drawn a conclusion.
I can understand why the infamous and massive brawl broke out in Brisbane between american and australian troops, I will finish with this quote. U.S. Army Sergeant Bill Bentson who was present on both nights recalled how he was amazed to see "Americans flying up in the air."

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would like to add that indeed Australia was set up as a "penal colony" Botany bay, all that, thing is the vast majority of the "convicts" were people guilty of nothing more than being poor. Back in those days they had a lovely thing in England called Debtor's prisons - can't pay your landlord = go to jail.
So any image of Australia being settled by bloodthirsty killers is nonsensical.

I'm just wondering where the US is going to send all our poor people who can't pay their bills.
We have more than our fair share of ignorant people here but many of them are kept safely locked away in the Capitol building.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I would like to add that indeed Australia was set up as a "penal colony" Botany bay, all that, thing is the vast majority of the "convicts" were people guilty of nothing more than being poor. Back in those days they had a lovely thing in England called Debtor's prisons - can't pay your landlord = go to jail.
So any image of Australia being settled by bloodthirsty killers is nonsensical.

I'm just wondering where the US is going to send all our poor people who can't pay their bills.
We have more than our fair share of ignorant people here but many of them are kept safely locked away in the Capitol building.

It seemed that debtors prison always defeated the purpose though. They couldn't pay the rent or buy food, so they were "punished" by being given a place to live and meals, but unfortunately lost their freedom... perhaps the earliest form of "welfare" only today, they have more freedom than those who do pay their own way?
Not saying it's a bad thing at all, perhaps even humanitarian at the time, but has become negative in our sense of what it should be.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
All Americans aren't idiots, only the one's we elect to political office are the stupid one's. To hold a nation or just the American members of ATS up to your scrutiny & test of "are we stupid". Is stupid in itself. It shows your distain for America. I used to think Australia was a great place, that is until I became a member of ATS and learned the truth. Australians are arrogant, snobbish, and think their shat don't stink.

You also think your the smartest people on the planet. NEWS FLASH!! Your not. If American's are stupid you folks are a damn close second. Even in that you did'nt win, you came in second, which is a nice way of saying you were the first the lose. America, fought for and gained our independence from Britian. Australia was a prison colony for Britian, which Britian let go. and look at you all now, All grown up and arrogant . Bless your heart..

edit on 6-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
All Americans aren't idiots, only the one's we elect to political office are the stupid one's. To hold a nation or just the American members of ATS up to your scrutiny & test of "are we stupid". Is stupid in itself. It shows your distain for America. I used to think Australia was a great place, that is until I became a member of ATS and learned the truth. Australians are arrogant, snobbish, and think their shat don't stink.

You also think your the smartest people on the planet. NEWS FLASH!! Your not. If American's are stupid you folks are a damn close second. Even in that you did'nt win, you came in second, which is a nice way of saying you were the first the lose. America, fought for and gained our independence from Britian. Australia was a prison colony for Britian, which Britian let go. and look at you all now, All grown up and arrogant . Bless your heart..

edit on 6-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

You chastise me for generalising Americans, yet you get there, turn around and generalise all Australians. You sir are a retard.

Yes Australia is still a part of the Commonwealth. Did you know that the USA was a prison colony also before their independence?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In Americans' case, it's not so much a case of, "Deny Ignorance," as it is a case of, "Deny Being A Neocolonialist, Militant, Racist, White Supremacist Fascist Redneck Who Thinks Capitalist Imperialism Is Awesome."

*ducks*

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join