It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's military gets ready for Plan "Oz"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

TEL AVIV, Israel, May 30 (UPI) -- Israel's army conducted a bridge-laying exercise across a river -- in this case the Jordan -- under fire a few days ago, the first such exercise in five years.

It's a pointer to the growing military preparedness that's been under way in recent months in Israel, with growing emphasis on special operations and swift, deep penetration into hostile territory.

The military declined to say what objectives might be involved in such operations.

This is unreal. I don't have anything against Israel, but it seems quite the hostile type of military maneuver to be practicing in these very uncertain times.

I can't even imagine what Iran's reaction will be to this. Well then again, maybe I can...

Link here:
UPI

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions
[mor

In 2 years...BOOOOOOOOM!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

2 years,,lol,,,
there already across the Jordan,,into Jordanian Territory!
geez even hitler would have seen that,,lol,,sorry guys just kidding.
now come back ok,, lol
are the still friendly?? lol
Jordan?
changes so ,
quickly.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I suppose. But my question is, what is this "Oz" and whom will it involve?

Although this, from the article linked does answer it a bit for me. But in term of allies?

The new unit's mission is deep penetration in hostile states, presumably including Iran, Syria and Lebanon, and possibly Egypt sometime in the future.

Read more: www.upi.com...

Egypt? Egypt!? Like someone else stated in another thread, it's like a big game of RISK. Taking over from the east (Afghanistan), then the west (Iraq), then the middle (Iran and Syria), then back to the West again (Egypt).

That's pretty much the bulk of the entire Middle East.
edit on 31-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Israel is probably more worried about Egypt than Iran in a land war. They have a large land force and a quite modern Air force with U.S Equipment. Iran would be fought with missiles and anti-missiles. that war would be over in hours, no time to deploy a army with bridging equipment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I see, there are still people out there with humor..2 years. true hahaha iam a clown i know...this year BOOOOOM!
No joke i think we are all #ed uo

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Perhaps they are planning on attacking Iran. You know, there is much evidence that Iran is building nuclear weapons... wait... No, there isn't... It's all speculation. To the West, Iran is only evil because they don't put up with being controlled by the same institutions that we are. What a joke.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoker

Israel is probably more worried about Egypt than Iran in a land war. They have a large land force and a quite modern Air force with U.S Equipment.

Most of those same air force jets can be taken down with the flick of a switch, such as those exocet missles Iraq had that were turned off (France's handiwork), the F-16 jets from US, and we've heard recently about those fun little microchips China was selling allowing some of our military applications to be shut off, as well.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Way too go there Tricky Dick!!!,, iam not a crook!
nope just an idiot.
they get control of American Military hardware,,
the Us get a Panda at least,,
i know Canadians have too RENT THERE PANDA'S FROM CHINA!,,
ya we RENT THEM.
lol.wow.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oooh yes, such a beatiful world..since iam born ive got only 1 wish..to see the 3 world war..ooh yes mom and dad, i cant wait to see innoicent people die 4 nothin..but son, please be carefull waht you say its about honor and brave! maybe we can reanimate the dead familyes with that= ooh such a beatiful #ing daaaay..aaaw..i love it

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Iran has equally offensive military exercises, I don't really see the problem.

All the worlds militaries plan and practice for all contingencies. They would be foolish not to. Israel especially. They are surrounded by countries that want their blood.

edit on 31-5-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Who knows whos stuff will not function properly when the time comes?
id imagine everyone who supplies weapons of any sophistication, will have the antidote well in hand before selling them.....
The US is idiots for outsourcing their defence work....especially when we have the best chip makers in the biz right here......
Ya get what ya pay for in the end......but which end?
Isreal is unique in that it is an island surrounded by troubed waters....at any time a storm could blow up of considerable size...Between Hezbollah,the palestinians,Iran,egypt,lebanon, and whoever else wants to join
sits poor ittle isreal....
Fortunately they have the airforce of a major power, and the army of professionals backed by every man jack in the country.pus the civilians as well....
There is a war comming to the middle east so its not out of place to see these exercises
Id expect more of them too....theyll stretch every service before they cut em loose.....
.Iran and Syria WILL go down this year im thinkin.....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

This is unreal. I don't have anything against Israel, but it seems quite the hostile type of military maneuver to be practicing in these very uncertain times.

I can't even imagine what Iran's reaction will be to this. Well then again, maybe I can...

Link here:
UPI

Israel has been at war since 1948. When should they drill their units? Israel makes sure that times are always uncertain.

Jordan is one of the few moderate Arab states in the region, comparatively. The last thing Jordan wants, and the US will let, is hostility with Israel. The US has enough assets in the Gulf region and Arab Peninsula to guarantee that consent must be given before any hostility between two nation states takes place.

Besides the Israelis and the US know that all roads to Tehran lead through Damascus.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The only thing unreal is your anti-Israel stance. So their army should not be prepared and ready for combat? Maybe they should just disband, or use pitchforks only.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm not going to Iran to die. I don't know about everyone else, but these guys need to quit writing cheques for us

top topics

join