It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helioviewer Stereo B What would make this image?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Okay I was playing around Helioviewer but this is the first time, I've seen make image like this. And it pretty much chops up the whole image of the Sun and blacks everything out. Did they like zoom into a particular place and section?

edit on 31-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

there was a supposed "borg cube" taken out by the galactics?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Not sure what you are asking. It looks like a snapshot of the sun in UV , which explains the blue color. I think you can manipulate that more to your liking...

www.helioviewer.org...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah but wouldn't I have to do the snapshot of it? Only snapshot I do is through the PRT SCN.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't know as much as you about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah but wouldn't I have to do the snapshot of it? Only snapshot I do is through the PRT SCN.

I'm apple so yah, preview and snapshot to "ATS uploads". That looks like what you did. But the image selected on the site? I don't know how to manipulate that. Yours def. looks zoomed in and minimum sized (in UV). Keep working at it. You will be able to bring pics of the sun here if you do.

I have enough to keep me busy for now. See ya...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There seems to be a problem with data availability. The last EUVI 171 data available is from May 29.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Looks like a glitch with Helioviewer trying to retrieve data that isn't there. A similar thing is seen with EUVI 284 (also no current data available).

new topics

top topics

join