It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Looks Like The Devastating New Virus Ripping Through Iran Was A Joint US-Israel Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by blueorder
obvious, Israel has it's poodles to help it- pathetic how so many nations of the world fawn over this tiny troublesome country- I wish Israel no harm, but I wish it was left to fight it's own battles, why should it mean more to the US/UK than Burkina Faso

Lets be honest tho

Do you really expect things will just go away when Israel refuse to retaliate ?

I think what really annoys people about Israel is they have alot of help & support holding out & surviving, and what also annoys people is they always seem to be winning that battle to defend its self,

Do you really believe the world will stay silent or just go away or the Palestinians will just go away after apartheid israel - stole and still occupies Palestine, has attacked and invaded nearly all its neighbours, stealing more land from Palestine almost daily, killing innocent men women and children, burning their crops, bulldozing their houses and even a young protester, imprisoning people without trial, blocking aid and even boarding boats with aid and killing those onboard, committing terrorist attacks around the world as they have done since their birth, threatening to destroy the world ( samson option ) if they feel threatened, cries anti semite whenever anybody questions their evil acts, lies daily twisting words of others to try and provoke and promote war and more death, infiltrating foreign governments banks and media bribing them with money to remain quiet to their evil sinister acts, has teams of like-minded psychotic individuals to trawl the net denying their crimes all while claiming to be Gods chosen people while they only act like satanists?

What annoys most people is that apartheid israel has got away with it for so long and that their own corrupted governments and media seem to serve that sick entity occupying Palestine more so than the people in their own countries.

But

What annoys apartheid israel and their like - minded sick followers is that their game is up and people from all around the world are onto them and everyday more are waking up from their slumber and uniting to stop them.

The facade is fading everyday and karma is patiently waiting.

edit on 31/5/12 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/5/12 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Does such an act establish a de facto state of war?

I suspect the answer will be "no" as contradictory facts are probably already circulating in the media.

It concerns me greatly that we are allowing those idiotic governments, including our own, behave as if "THEY" owned the Internet.

The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (often called TCP/IP, although not all applications use TCP) to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents of the World Wide Web (WWW) and the infrastructure to support email.

We already allow them to play their little war games over our heads, and in our back yards, killing, maiming, and all the profiteering that goes along with it. Now they are reducing the internet to another theater for their entertainment, or perhaps worse.

I suspect that this may engender a movement to elevate the level of crime it will be to engage in such warfare... "internationally."

Can you imagine the DAMAGE they can do to OUR Internet?

Apologies... I am agog.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Perhaps maybe Iran downloaded something off our captured stealth drone they should'nt have... Maybe the drone was a trojan horse.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
To answer your question "is this an act of war?"

It depends hoss. How do you view all of the recent Chinese hacks into the US military's computers? Is THAT an act of war?

Computers are unchartered territory...no one has defined if its war but we will find out.

Originally posted by Nspekta
So, is this it? Are the US and Israel at war with Iran officially? Certainly, if this s true, its an act of war, no?

Iran confirmed Tuesday that computers belonging to several high-ranking officials appear to have been penetrated by Flame.

I know there have been lots of cyber attacks (or supposed one) from China and other asian countries, would those be an act of war? Or are those just hacking attcks?

Israel Connection:

For example, researchers at Kaspersky Lab tracked the working hours of Duqu’s operators and found they coincided with Jerusalem local time. They also noted that Duqu’s programmers were not active between sundown on Fridays and sundown on Saturdays, a time that coincides with the Sabbath when observant Jews typically refrain from secular work.

Intelligence and military experts have said that Stuxnet was first tested at Dimona, an Israeli complex widely believed to be the headquarters of Israel’s atomic weapons program.
From NYtimes (see below link)

A January 2011 report in The New York Times revealed that Stuxnet was tested at Dimona (i.e. the supposed headquarters of Israel’s nuclear weapons program) in addition to other "clues suggesting that the virus was designed as an American-Israeli project to sabotage the Iranian program."
From original source

Because Stuxnet and Duqu were written on the same platform and share many of the same fingerprints in their source code, researchers believe both were developed by the same group of programmers. Those developers have never been identified, but researchers have cited intriguing bits of digital evidence that point to a joint American-Israeli effort to undermine Iran’s efforts to build a nuclear bomb.

They linked the virus's to the NSA because the flame has the many characteristics of virus previously linked to the NSA and reported to have been tested to be used against Iran.
The ATS thread is linked to this is from a couple days ago where the Israeli minister claims:

The use of cyber weapons that target Iran - such as the recently discovered Flame virus - are "reasonable", a top Israeli minister has claimed.
From ATS Thread and news.sky.com

Thoughts?!

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: spelling...grrr

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I doubt we will ever again experience a declared war. We can be in open hostilities with Iran, which I'd say we clearly already are. But we will never under any circumstances be at "war" with Iran. "War" no longer exists.. it's legally confining.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by JBA2848
They leave out the fact that Serco and Siemens were involved in STUXnet.
Serco UK
Siemens France

Sounds more like NATO or the UN to me.

Isn't that like stating 'if it runs on windows and an Intel CPU, Microsoft and Intel are participating'?

I suppose if Microsoft made centrifuges and helped in the sabotage like Siemens did, then yes.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Iran dismisses Kaspersky Lab claim on "Flame" virus

Iran has dismissed the claim of the Kaspersky Lab security company that the super-virus named "Flame" has been revealed and neutralized by it, IRNA reported.

Deputy Head of Iran's Ministry of Information and Communication Technology Ali Hakim Javadi said the virus was discovered by Iran's Maher Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center.

The data-stealing virus dubbed "Flame" has reportedly lurked inside thousands of computers across the Middle East for as long as five years as part of a sophisticated cyber warfare campaign, according to Reuters.

Kaspersky Lab experts said "Flame" is the most complex piece of malicious software discovered to date.

Ali Hakim Javadi said it was Maher security center which first discovered the virus, and soon created an anti-virus software for it.

en.trend.az...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Interesting! Thx for posting that

edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And if in a few months Iran and Russa says..team up and drop a cyber bomb on the US and Israel..whats the bet it will be called " terrorism" and be used as justification for more sanctions!
I absolutely HATE this kind of hypocrisy.
Ro

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
How I understand the basic terms of net neutrality - Each nation has it own right to self determination in the implementation of technology while trying to keep the channels of global communication open. I know the details get a lot more complex, but in these complex situations it helps to keep it simple and get to the point.

As for spying, key loggers, copies and transmissions and such, this is trying to keep the channels of communication open so these actions by themselves are not an act of war, there still maybe cases of illegal acts involved but not enough to pull out the big guns. This is very much a global issues and not limited to Iran even though it is a target in this recent attack.

Where the question of the legalities of war arise in how this information is used. If a state sponsored Israel decides to use these hacked passwords and other information gain to attack the critical infrastructure of Iran then it is very much an act of war as it is interfering with Iran's self determination of technology. If Israel uses this information to realise just how much of a goose it is being and it helps establish better relations then great.

I give a big
to Kaspersky for their impartial assessment in a tricky situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Surprise, surprise. Just a few years ago there was a big push to hire more internet and computer security people in the USA. They used scare tactics like hackers being able to compromise critical infrastructure. Accordingly, congress authorized monies to be able to combat this potential threat. Now when there is no threat, what do you have all these programmers do with their time? Well it appears based on this new virus, it might actually have been developed by us or at least in conjunction with us.

I personally do not know if any of this information is true or not, but it is becoming pretty obvious that our government in the USA isn't telling us everything they may know. They certainly aren't responding in some panic mode over the virus.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just want us all to remember one thing. The Internet is the human race's gift from God himself.. I don't care if some stupid government uses it to launch a nuclear missile. It's the government's fault and not the Internet. It must always be 100% free and a service to the human race. All ISP's shall just offer connection to the Internet and 100% full free unfiltered unmonitored unmolested access. It's why humans have evolved so quickly. Free sharing of information if like a massive human brain just calculating using human emotions and a basic human response system, ie limits of warfare/science, and then we also have as a race the Internet and electronic warfare the governments like to do. All we need to do is take the $600 billion defense fund and give it to NASA and computer sciences and we will go to Mars in 20 years, I swear. Being alive in a time like that would be wonderful. Just saying, keep the Internet free!

I don't even care what the governments have done. Doesn't affect me in any way. Nothing will come from this.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KillThePoor

I was agreeing with you up until I read your last few sentences.
I hope you aren't for serials bro. It affects you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thcnemesisv2

Well, I just mean what the subject is about will affect my regular daily life in any way. I really doubt anything meaningful will come from this. We must just differ on that subject. It's cool. I'm also no like NWO science nazi thing either. All free man, everything.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh, so they quickly wrote the anti-virus
I don’t think so; they have shut down all outside communication with OIL service industry
axcessnews.com...

Text
The cyberattack on Iran's oil facilities could be perpetrated by a nation sending Iran a not-too-subtle message: Start negotiating with the international community over your nuclear weapons program or lose the ability to export oil, say some US cyberwarfare experts. Or, it could be the work of a lone hacker taking a digital potshot.

Either way, Iran is expected to take the attack seriously, these experts say.

"It looks like this virus was not designed to attack the industrial control systems that operate Iran's oil-pumping operations," says John Bumgarner, research director for the US Cyber Consequences Unit, a nonprofit security think tank that advises government and industry. "If it had been, the attackers could have done serious damage to those plants. By taking over servers and wiping the data so they can't function, that's only a temporary disruption - possibly one designed mainly to send a message like, 'We are in your oil export system, so you better start negotiating.' "

www.aggiesports.com...

Text
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:30 a.m
TEHRAN, Iran — Computer technicians battling to contain a complex virus last month resorted to the ultimate firewall measures — cutting off Internet links to Iran’s Oil Ministry, rigs and the hub for nearly all the country’s crude exports.
At the time, Iranian officials described it as a data-siphoning blitz on key oil networks
“This virus penetrated some fields. One of them was the oil sector,” said Gholam Reza Jalali, who heads an Iranian military unit in charge of fighting sabotage. “Fortunately, we detected and controlled this single incident.”

The Flame virus — a mix of cyberspy and hard-drive burglar — has been detected across the Middle East recently. But Iran’s linkage to the oil network attack in April could mark its first major infiltration and suggests a significant escalation in attempts to disrupt Iran’s key commercial and nuclear sites. Iran is one of the world’s leading oil producers

edit on 1-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Yours was the "KAPOW" post.

You destroyed the nail let alone its head.

We are tired of Israel and its BS. I don't care if you call me anti-Semite, though if you do it to me in person I will sue your ass, yeah I can play that game too.

I don't care that 70+ years ago some dumbass in Germany did bad things to you....and everyone else.

I don't care about your political ideology that is anchored in some crap mountain in a god forsaken desert.
I don't care that you think it's so unfair that the world is not empty for your chosen racist people to occupy it.

I don't. Israel should accept the fact that some things will never change. They will always be invaders and they will have less and less sympathy for their unjust cause as time passes. When enough time has passed they will be persecuted again. They are proving all those morons right. You can't trust them, or so we were told.......

I would like for them to prove all those people wrong. I give them the benefit of the doubt on a personal individual level. I don't assume that all their enemies are wrong since they prove that there is something to what they say.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So could it be plausible that Fukushima was affected by STUXNET?

The use of the Stuxnet virus in the Fukushima

The use of the Stuxnet virus in the Fukushima plant to cause the malfunctions of the cooling pumps and valves, thereby creating the dangerous radiation releases;

Can you imagine the implications of this, this would prove the world has gone mad.

The worm itself now appears to have included two major components. One was designed to send Iran’s nuclear centrifuges spinning wildly out of control. Another seems right out of the movies: The computer program also secretly recorded what normal operations at the nuclear plant looked like, then played those readings back to plant operators, like a pre-recorded security tape in a bank heist, so that it would appear that everything was operating normally while the centrifuges were actually tearing themselves apart.

The worm itself now appears to have included two major components. One was designed to send Iran’s nuclear centrifuges spinning wildly out of control.

I know this is just speculation, but in my brain the loose end are tightening themselves for me with this news.

Star And flag for sparking my brain to work while being just barley awake

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
obvious, Israel has it's poodles to help it- pathetic how so many nations of the world fawn over this tiny troublesome country- I wish Israel no harm, but I wish it was left to fight it's own battles, why should it mean more to the US/UK than Burkina Faso

Which poodles of Irans helped them take over our drone?

Its a 2 way road and to ignore the other sides actions is naieve at best.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Wait until Israels system are hit with a virus and lets hear them say that's reasonable. It's because these idiots are doing crap like this that the UN wants to police the net now.

If Israel wants to fight Iran so bad why don't they man up and just do it.

Because there are not enough men.

To the OP ,

PC virus is not much choosing where to attack

As I am connecting from Iran , It is possible to bring the virus here to ATS.

edit on 1-6-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

One advice my brother.

This world is created by rules and the rules are not going to let oppressors do anything.

Like Moses grew and breed in Pharaoh's castle , there will be some Moses kind of people growing now in Israel.

Then it will be matter of Nile opening for Moses , then the Pharaoh is done automatically.

So , there is nothing left to be afraid of and you don't need to be angry while typing to condemn apartheid.

Be calm and be safe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join