It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Looks Like The Devastating New Virus Ripping Through Iran Was A Joint US-Israel Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It Looks Like The Devastating New Virus Ripping Through Iran Was A Joint US-Israel Attack

www.businessinsider.com

Security researchers have linked the Flame virus to Israel while U.S. computer security experts say that it bears the hallmarks of the National Security Agency (NSA), according to reports from Nicole Perlroth of The New York Times and Robert Windrem of NBC News.

Flame is a massive program that leaves a backdoor (i.e. Trojan) on computers through which it sucks information from networks by actions that include recording keystrokes, capturing screen images, remotely changing settings on com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.phantomreport.com
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli Minister Defends Virus Aimed At Iran

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So, is this it? Are the US and Israel at war with Iran officially? Certainly, if this s true, its an act of war, no?

Iran confirmed Tuesday that computers belonging to several high-ranking officials appear to have been penetrated by Flame.

I know there have been lots of cyber attacks (or supposed one) from China and other asian countries, would those be an act of war? Or are those just hacking attcks?

Israel Connection:

For example, researchers at Kaspersky Lab tracked the working hours of Duqu’s operators and found they coincided with Jerusalem local time. They also noted that Duqu’s programmers were not active between sundown on Fridays and sundown on Saturdays, a time that coincides with the Sabbath when observant Jews typically refrain from secular work.

Intelligence and military experts have said that Stuxnet was first tested at Dimona, an Israeli complex widely believed to be the headquarters of Israel’s atomic weapons program.
From NYtimes (see below link)

A January 2011 report in The New York Times revealed that Stuxnet was tested at Dimona (i.e. the supposed headquarters of Israel’s nuclear weapons program) in addition to other "clues suggesting that the virus was designed as an American-Israeli project to sabotage the Iranian program."
From original source

Because Stuxnet and Duqu were written on the same platform and share many of the same fingerprints in their source code, researchers believe both were developed by the same group of programmers. Those developers have never been identified, but researchers have cited intriguing bits of digital evidence that point to a joint American-Israeli effort to undermine Iran’s efforts to build a nuclear bomb.

They linked the virus's to the NSA because the flame has the many characteristics of virus previously linked to the NSA and reported to have been tested to be used against Iran.
The ATS thread is linked to this is from a couple days ago where the Israeli minister claims:

The use of cyber weapons that target Iran - such as the recently discovered Flame virus - are "reasonable", a top Israeli minister has claimed.
From ATS Thread and news.sky.com

Thoughts?!

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: spelling...grrr

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wait until Israels system are hit with a virus and lets hear them say that's reasonable. It's because these idiots are doing crap like this that the UN wants to police the net now.

If Israel wants to fight Iran so bad why don't they man up and just do it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Must have been some amazingly clever rocket scientist investigating this...

Israel & The US did it?

O.M.G!!! what a shocker

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They leave out the fact that Serco and Siemens were involved in STUXnet.
Serco UK
Siemens France

Sounds more like NATO or the UN to me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
obvious, Israel has it's poodles to help it- pathetic how so many nations of the world fawn over this tiny troublesome country- I wish Israel no harm, but I wish it was left to fight it's own battles, why should it mean more to the US/UK than Burkina Faso

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Serco UK
Siemens France

Wouldn't suprise me if that was true. Do you have sources on that info?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing somethig, but I just dont get why computers with sensitive info are even connected to the web.
I've got three pc's and I only let one of them have internet access.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Is Serco behind Stuxnet?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And try page 8 of this pdf from Siemens.
http://__._/spyfiles/docs/siemens/15_siemens-intelligence-platform.html
edit on 31-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Boo.

I was totally suckered by your title.

Then I got here and it was about computers.

I was expecting Iranians to be eating each other's faces off. Well, except for the ladies since they would have to chew through those burkas first.

Edit to say:

Why is this surprising?
We all knew it was coming sooner rather than later.

edit on 31-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
obvious, Israel has it's poodles to help it- pathetic how so many nations of the world fawn over this tiny troublesome country- I wish Israel no harm, but I wish it was left to fight it's own battles, why should it mean more to the US/UK than Burkina Faso

Lets be honest tho

Do you really expect things will just go away when Israel refuse to retaliate ?

I think what really annoys people about Israel is they have alot of help & support holding out & surviving, and what also annoys people is they always seem to be winning that battle to defend its self,

Its often said, if Palestine's layed down there arms there would be peace, if the Jews did, there would be bloodshed, i think we all know that this is true, whether you're willing to admit it or not is another story,

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Nspekta

Is Serco behind Stuxnet?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And try page 8 of this pdf from Siemens.
http://__._/spyfiles/docs/siemens/15_siemens-intelligence-platform.html

Great, Thank you!

2nd

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So, is this it? Are the US and Israel at war with Iran officially? Certainly, if this s true, its an act of war, no?

Better to be shooting 1's and 0's at them than dropping bombs,and boots on the ground and it saves billions of dollars, and lives.

edit on 31-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Serco UK
Siemens France

Isn't that like stating 'if it runs on windows and an Intel CPU, Microsoft and Intel are participating'?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Better to be shooting 1's and 0's at them than dropping bombs,and boots on the ground and it saves billions of dollars, and lives.

edit on 31-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Agreed, if there must be war, a digital one is better. Although, I worry that its sort of a way of 'softening' up the Iranian defenses before an attack? If they can mess up enough comps to create defensive gaps or something to that nature, it makes an attack easier and less costly.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Honestly could not say one way or the other modern military doctrine has always been too dependent on technology and has always been their achilles heels.

Too much dependence on it and that extends to everyone.,

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It was created by the NSA .. I think that much is pretty obvious. This is what the NSA does, it's one of their specialties, it's why they recruit the best of the best from science fields, especially mathematics and computer science.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Siemens had the password and even offered sabotage and nuclear infrastructure to DHS on the pdf presentation. The IP addresses used fro updates to STUXnet were being ran by a guy who works for Serco. Thats a little more than just it happened on the internet and Al Gore said he invented it he must be quilty.

But you do have to wonnder if Haliburton and Koch Industries selling equipment to Iran was not a Trojan Horse for delivery.

And you also have to wonder about Kaspersky kid being kidnapped did not make Kaspersky stop digging into STUXnet to find the mother Skywiper.

www.crysys.hu...

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
its almost funny how good the united states government is at terrorism.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I would not be surprised if the manufacturers gave any help requested to those gov types requesting it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join