It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Choice VS. Pro-Life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

As a social worker who worked with unwed mothers I know the scene quite well.

Well that explains alot about you. You actually believe your way of thinking is the only way. Your ego is so big that you think that you must mold people into your way of thinking, that people can not make the right choices on their own, so you must do it for them.

lol

My son says I must have the most fragile ego on the planet. I've had low self-esteem all my life.

Thank you for defining me so well.

I stand up for those who have no voice.

Is it really that difficult to see that every innocent life deserves to be protected?
edit on 6/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I stand up for those who have no voice.

And as a social worker, that gives you the power of authority, to dictate your choice over the individuals options and free choice.

Please don't lecture me on human behavior and raising children. I have raised 5 kids and talked till I'm blue in the face. All humans, especially children, learn from experience not lectures. That IS human nature !
If we as a race are not allowed to learn on our own but only through being ruled by others how can we evolve
as a race ?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

If you chose to think I am a know-it-all and you are sick and tired of being told things you don't believe, OK. Don't expect me to sit down and shut up because you closed your mind on the issue. Elie Wiesel speaks as to why people fight for life, myself included.

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

It is not necessary to believe my words. Others say it better than me:

A person's a person, no matter how small.
Dr. Seuss

The real question today is not when human life begins, but, What is the value of human life? The abortionist who reassembles the arms and legs of a tiny baby to make sure all its parts have been torn from its mother's body can hardly doubt whether it is a human being. The real question for him and for all of us is whether that tiny human life has a God-given right to be protected by the law–the same right we have.
Ronald Reagan

“He who denies that human life begins with conception does not need to contend with religion, but science. To deny this certainty of biology is not to express a lack of faith, but a lack of basic knowledge of human genetics, something that is even known by the general public.”
Ecuadorian Federation of Societies of Gynecology and Obstetrics, April 17, 2008

“I dream …of a world where we can commit our social resources to the development of human life and not to its destruction”
Benazir Bhutto, Cairo population conference, 1994

"How is the person who considers abortion to be murder any different from the Pole who knew what was going to happen at Auschwitz? If the Pole was morally obligated to attempt to save lives, isn’t the person who opposes abortion under the same obligation?"
B.D. Colen, "The Anti-Abortion High Ground"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Every human being has the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness... Of course a lot of people think that unborn humans aren't human at all.. My view is not only are the living breathing baby people who have their own individual rights and will have their own individual wants, individual ambitions and individual needs and as such deserve the same rights as everyone else...

I guess since they can't speak and defend themselves society decided to just consider them to be nothing more than genetic material akin to vermin in the womb.. That is until someone kills a pregnant mother... they are a person then!

Hypocrisy at best, absolutely monstrous policy at worst.
edit on 1-6-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've never said I agree with abortion. It is a sad fact of life, and because I believe it should be the choice of the individual and not society's that makes me wrong ?
I am neither pro or con on abortion. Being pro choice does not mean pro abortion regardless what either side says.
I never see anyone celebrating an abortion, making a difficult decission is hard enough, without rubbing it in their face, making their choice even more painful.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are rare expectations, but the bottom line is that people should allow life to take place. Who are you to say there shouldn't be life?

I know. it can be hard. I know, there are contingencies. I know, there are always excuses. But in the end, life is the answer to human evolution. So step up. Do what you do. Be you. And do what's better. For those that protest with x y or z. I get it. Sometimes it's better that not. It kills. She's a victim of rape. Etc etc. But that unborn doesn't know spit about that. That's a child. You can kill a child? Because it's inconvenient? IDK anymore...

and i get it, "it's a child or rape, I don't wanna see that face". Okay, cool. Adoption. There are a ton of people that can't have kids that will love that child (I know why you can't. His face...on that child...too much, I get it.) But the state will pay for it. Just have it. Someone will love that child. Not so say you don't. But I get it...anyways.)

Don't kill unborn children, it's not your right. I know, it's your body. Your choice. So make the right one. I'm not sayin' life handed you a straight flush, but why kill a child over the evil of another human? Others will supply. No one blames you. No one hates you. We understand. But a child doesn't know anything, until taught. So let that life be life. What's wrong with that?
edit on 1-6-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: an after thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've said it once, and I'll say it again..

Stop calling it abortion and start calling it "pre-term labor induction".

If all of these 'people' can live after being born at 3 months, more power to them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join