It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Julie, star for you!!!!! Look like great prices. I will be looking into this supplier over the next few days and will report back here

I will ask them if they use hexane and acetone for the extraction process or if these are left out as well
edit on 10-2-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Even if hexane or acetone is used, you'll find none of those chemicals in the finished product, they are used because they evaporate clean, no residue.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Maggi,

I am also experimenting.

I don't understand what "tabs" are.

I've been mixing the licithin and heating to 107, then adding the AA and putting into the freezer for a quick cool down for about 30 minutes and then putting into the sonicator.

I'm buzzing. Feeling much more affected.

Tried the bicard test and had very little foam, and then realized my baking soda was expired so need to pick up some fresh for a more accurate test.

But I'm feeling a difference for sure.

The heating of the lectithin to open up the cells and the immediate cool down to close them might be creating a more emulsified mix.

More later.

I have a couple of reports.
One is a friend who developed fever, aches and headace with waves of congestion. Taking the liposomal C, she said she noticed no malaise and despite the symptoms, still was able to be up OOB between naps. The symptoms were all gone in two days.

Her son-in-law was "catching a cold" and with lipo C, the symptoms just didn't develop.

Personally, I notice a definite effect after only a week in wrinkles. I feel energized and I look forward to taking the two ( 1ounce) doses I use.

I made a slightly stronger batch but there is not an appreciable difference in how I feel.

The other thread that you pulled together is very helpful.

Thanks very much. maggie

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I did not have a good experience with Liposomal C.

I bought some and started a gram a day. I havn't had a cold since 1994, and figured this would be additional insurance.

I had 30 , 1 Gram packets. After the 25th packet, I developed my first chest cold since 1994.
It's been a week and I still have some chest congestion, but I'm 95% better. I missed two days of work.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've been taking 1oz 3 x daily. Haven't felt an increase in energy but will continue..
edit on 2/12/2013 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I've been taking 1oz 3 x daily. Haven't felt an increase in energy but will continue..

Same here, although I felt as though I was coming down with a cold and it failed to eventuate.
Can't say for sure that it was the lip-c but it hasn't hurt any.

How are you feeling after your first B12 shot KL?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I injected 1cc fri and today....I feel a bit more energy but will continue for the next month and let you know any perceivable benefits.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by Timely

I injected 1cc fri and today....I feel a bit more energy but will continue for the next month and let you know any perceivable benefits.

Hope it's all good!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
been taking this stuff for more than 2 weeks now and although I havent been running marathons or jumping over houses. I have had clear skin (no break outs) and feel pretty healthy over all (i smoke). So that might be a placebo effect or the lip c either way im not worse off than I was before and worst case scenario Im getting my daily dose of vic c and then some.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I find that I am a bit concerned about the amount of lecithin we are ingesting. Are there any studies done on taking this big amount of lecithin? Just curious if anyone has looked into it.

Over the weekend I did not take any lipo C and then forgot to on Monday and had a really sluggish day at work. Felt lazy and fatigued and took the first Ibuprofen I have taken since starting this stuff. Sucked to have my aches and pains back too lol. I won't forget it today!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

What kind do you use? Soy or Sunflower.

Edit to Add:

Research studies show soy-derived lecithin has significant effects on lowering serum cholesterol and triglycerides, while increasing HDL ("good cholesterol") levels in the blood.[

A proven benefit and suggested use for lecithin is for those taking niacin to treat high cholesterol. Niacin treatment can deplete choline, necessitating an increased amount of lecithin or choline in the diet

Wiki
edit on 12-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i was doing some googling and found this site that has powder sunflower lecithin

www.mysunflowerlecithin.com...

not sure if anyone has heard of them or gotten anything from them before....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm finding that this vitamin c thing not only sounds like a good idea, but logically makes a whole lot of sense.

Does anyone have experience with using this combined with use of other liposomal vitamins? Such as COQ10, Resveratrol, Glutathione, B vitamins, etc?

The reason I'm asking, I've pretty much destroyed my body in the 20 years I've been alive, mostly due to bad dietary choices. I'm 20 years old and hover around 400 pounds, while I'm very mobile and have always been very physically strong (most say I'm abnormally strong) I've never had endurance, or even been able to run a full mile without stopping, even when I wasn't this heavy...

I'm wondering if introducing these vitamins into my body on a regular basis will give it the boost it needs to metabolize the extra stored energy I have, and give me more energy to work out and feel good enough to stick to caloric restriction diets I've tried in the past (always end up just stopping for no apparent reason after like 20 pounds lost)

I want to live a very long time, but from the look of my body you wouldn't be able to tell it... I want to restructure my body, and strengthen my mind even more, even though my mind is the strongest part of my being (I am addicted to knowledge)

Does anyone have any advice or experience with Liposomal vitamin C and weight loss?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Keven

I'm finding that this vitamin c thing not only sounds like a good idea, but logically makes a whole lot of sense. Does anyone have experience with using this combined with use of other liposomal vitamins? Such as COQ10, Resveratrol, Glutathione, B vitamins, etc?

Yeah I made a lipo-CoQ10 once, but the mixture had separated. Still took it, but never really felt any big differences off the COQ10 the way I do when Vit C is involved.

Google is your friend in this respect. There are people out there making all sorts of Lipo formulations, including one's w/ cancer meds.

The reason I'm asking, I've pretty much destroyed my body in the 20 years I've been alive, mostly due to bad dietary choices. I'm 20 years old and hover around 400 pounds, while I'm very mobile and have always been very physically strong (most say I'm abnormally strong) I've never had endurance, or even been able to run a full mile without stopping, even when I wasn't this heavy...

I got a couple buddies in the same situation, but both of them got around your weight after high school. One of them was big into weight lifting. You want to know the problem with both of them?

They were drinking 6-14 sodas a day, and 2-4 energy drinks a day. Each of those sodas/energy drinks has 9-15 teaspoons of Sugar. If you put that amount on a plate, it's a giant mountain of sugar.

So in both their cases, this was their biggest contributor to obesity. You pen each of their fridge's and you literally see 1-2 shelves op soda and stacks of boxes in the pantry. Every time they eat out for lunch, they got jumbo sized sodas. Dinner at a restaurant included jumbo soda with free refills.

They tried whatever they could, gym, weights, cardio, and the weight was still there. So I showed them the pics above with the sugar and showed them what my family does, which is either plain water everytime, or if we do get juice, it's usually brands that are 100% juice and we cut that with water. Say we get grape juice. We'll put 10% of that juice in a glass and the 90% is water, just to flavor the water and not ingest sooooo much sugar.

I'm wondering if introducing these vitamins into my body on a regular basis will give it the boost it needs to metabolize the extra stored energy I have, and give me more energy to work out and feel good enough to stick to caloric restriction diets I've tried in the past (always end up just stopping for no apparent reason after like 20 pounds lost)

I've lost weight from it and started regular exercise from the energy this has given me. Others here on the thread have lost weight due to it.

I want to live a very long time, but from the look of my body you wouldn't be able to tell it... I want to restructure my body, and strengthen my mind even more, even though my mind is the strongest part of my being (I am addicted to knowledge) Does anyone have any advice or experience with Liposomal vitamin C and weight loss?

I found that Lipo-C makes my Mind/Awareness very crystal clear and there is energy/motivation to get things done. It's my ultimate secret weapon (that's not so secret anymore)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Dominicus, I was wondering if you could tell me the method, incredients and potency of the Lipsomal Vit C that you make? You sound like you've had some success so I'd like to know the exact method you use with the ingredients too if possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
reply to post by dominicus

Dominicus, I was wondering if you could tell me the method, incredients and potency of the Lipsomal Vit C that you make? You sound like you've had some success so I'd like to know the exact method you use with the ingredients too if possible.

Page 78, 3rd reply down:

The sunflower lecithin I get is like honey in consistency. I take my 3 tables spoons of it and mix it with boiling water (1 cup) straight into blender while hot. I blend it for 10 minutes, refridgerate and let it soak either the whole day or over night, take out again and blend again for like another 10 minutes, This soaking and long time of blending gives a very good uniform end result. Then I mix the one cup of Ascorbic Acid dissolved in water, mix with the lecithin mix still in the blender, and mix these 2 for another 5-10 minutes. Once that's all good to go, then it goes straight into the Ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, my particularly cheapo cleaner tends to overheat. SO I give it 45-60 minutes to cool down while taking the mix out to keep in the refridgerator during that time. Once the cleaner is cooled down sufficient, then I pour the mix back in and sonicate for another 15 minutes.. The whole time while sonicating, I'm constantly stirring with a wooden chopstick, and after the 20-25 minutes mark, Boom!!! No more foam on the surface. Then I pour it in an old gin bottle with one of those wine air-remover corks. Give it 50-70 pumps, and stick back in the fridge. Stays fresh roughly 3 weeks W/ the soy lecithin, the technique remains the same PS. Oh and heads up, makes sure you clean you ultrasonic cleaner a few times and run it a few times with soap and water, otherwise you'll get a metallic taste from the stainless on your first batch. Happened to me and a few others

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keven
I'm finding that this vitamin c thing not only sounds like a good idea, but logically makes a whole lot of sense.

Does anyone have experience with using this combined with use of other liposomal vitamins? Such as COQ10, Resveratrol, Glutathione, B vitamins, etc?

I want to live a very long time, but from the look of my body you wouldn't be able to tell it... I want to restructure my body, and strengthen my mind even more, even though my mind is the strongest part of my being (I am addicted to knowledge)

Does anyone have any advice or experience with Liposomal vitamin C and weight loss?

I would like to share something "off topic".
When I was over weight, coincidentally I heard from a chiropractor that he had used "Perfect Food" which is one brand of green drink powder as his only food while losing weight. He had a large weight loss with no drop in energy.

I tried it and after building up to using 3 times per day, found my appetite for carbs and sugar very low. I personally wondered if it stabilized my blood sugar? For some reason, i just didn't want the junk food I had preferred.

I was working as an RN on a hospital floor where we often did not have time to eat. I ate junk food because i 'wanted" junk food. Over about 6 months, I lost about 50 pounds and people told me how great i looked. There was no obvious "sagging" of skin etc. that can happen in weight loss.

That is just my story. The lipo C does make me energized but I am not sure it is a weight los help? Could be however?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maggi

I've lost approx. 20 lbs since starting taking Lipo-C.

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Saffff

Hi Safffff,
I wanted to chime in here and point something out. My understanding with Lipo C is that it is not simply a question of getting as much C into solution as possible, which I gather you have been attempting to do.
More importantly it is about getting as much of it as possible into a lipid encapsulated state.
One test given by the developer of the DIY lipo-C concept is this:
Using Ascorbic acid as the source of C, put your mix through its encapsulation process in the ultrasonic cleaner.
Mix some sodium bicarbonate into water, and pour some of that water into the finished Lipo C solution. If it reacts and fizzes up, then you have AA that is not encapsulated. Apparently the lipid encapsulated C will not react, as it is protected by the lipids.

The above test won't work with Sodium Ascorbate because it won't react with sodium bicarbonate. However, I see no reason why the results wouldn't be applicable to both forms.

I imagine you could estimate the amount of AA that is not encapsulated in this way: From what I recall (and you could double check this) it takes about a 2:1 ratio of AA to Sodium bicarbonate to fully react (which produces Sodium ascorbate. So if it takes 5 grams of baking soda to neutralise your Lipo C solution, then you could roughly estimate that there was aroudn 10 grams of AA in a NON-liposomal state. In such a situation it would be advisable to reduce the amount of AA in your formula by that amount (10g).

I hope this is helpful and even if my figures (off the top of my head) are not entirely accurate, may this at least point you a useful direction.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by maggi
reply to post by boxertwin

Thanks for the lecithin granules source. In the US about 15 oz is on ebay for about $34.00 including shipping.

I will not be freezing but I am not convinced about low" heat
If heat opens the liposomes, then I am intuiting that heat less than 110 F might stimulate the formation of liposomes.

I made a stronger batch based on a reference I found
7 tabs of lecithin, 3 tabs AA in 3 cups distilled water.

I placed the AA in all the water then placed the lecithin in and let it sit overnight then blended
I notice that high (smoothie setting) blending produces less bubbles.
Everything emulsified and is stable in the frig.

The solution is a little more sour so I think that the amount of lecithin to AA should have been more proportional
Next time I will try 9 tabs lecithin for 3 tabs AA (9 is to 6 as 3 is to 2 I think?).

In the mean time I am giving this to friends to try.

Maggi,

I am also experimenting.

I don't understand what "tabs" are.

I've been mixing the licithin and heating to 107, then adding the AA and putting into the freezer for a quick cool down for about 30 minutes and then putting into the sonicator.

I'm buzzing. Feeling much more affected.

Tried the bicard test and had very little foam, and then realized my baking soda was expired so need to pick up some fresh for a more accurate test.

But I'm feeling a difference for sure.

The heating of the lectithin to open up the cells and the immediate cool down to close them might be creating a more emulsified mix.

More later.

Ascorbic Acid degrades rapidly with temperature increase (from as low as 40 oC / 86 oF - complete denaturing begins 60oC). I wonder if you're getting your energy boost from the lecithin and not the vitamin C - Lecithin supplementation alone will boost your energy levels and make a noticeable difference.

I've read that naturally occurring vitamin C in foods such as broccoli remain stable up until 50oC - however when cooked beyond 80oC virtually none remain. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Edit to add - I do not use any hot water at all, I just ensure the lecithin is well soaked (overnight) and blended before sonicating (I also imagine heating distilled water in a stainless pan would introduce impurities from the stainless steel - which would then be encapsulated and more readily absorbed into your body).

edit on 15/2/13 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/2/13 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join