It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by calmbeforethestorm
I forgot to add that when I made my first batch, I had a pretty bad cold. Coughing, stopped up nose, very sore throat. By the next day all tht was gone and I haven't been sick since. I have three little kids, so sickness runs rampant in my household, lol. Usually it's something new every few days. But I feel awesome and have since I started using this. I take a shot glass full twice a day.

That's excellent.

You should be giving it to your kids as well!

I believe the recommended dosage was up to 1 gram per year of age.

Sneak it into their juice

edit on 3-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Good idea! I will give it a shot. Thanks for letting me know the proper dose for a child.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maggi
I joined here just so I could be a part of this thread.

I am curious about something.

I blended the lethicin solution and the AA solution separately and then together. I was unable to finish with the ultrsonic cleaner and kept the combined solution in the refrigerator. It did not separate. It was definitely emulsified. This may be interesting in that the solution had a chance to rest. Wonder if that effects the liposome formation at all?

Anyone using other water soluble ingredients?
Thanks for this great thread. maggi

This is exactly how I do it now, I dissolve 1tbsp ascorbic acid directly in 2 cups to cold distilled water, then add 3tbsp lecithin and blend on high for 5-10 minutes and leave it over night in the fridge then blend again the next day then sonicate until the bubbles go. Have had it sat in the fridge for 2 weeks and no sign of separating. I've read that liposomes form naturally as it's a characteristic of lecithin, so to me it makes sense to add the lecithin to a vitamin solution so that any naturally occurring liposomes form over the vitamin and not plain distilled water.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
AS long as there is no diarrhea from this then it's encapsulated properly?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Can I increase the vitamin C added for more potency, without inhibiting the encapsulation effect? So far I've been making it in 3:1 ratio lecithin/vitamin c in 1 cup of distilled water using about 15 grams of vitamin c and 30 minutes in an ultrasonic device. I'm not noticing anything after going through 1 batch in 2 days, though I've prepared another one now and will continue to consume it until I notice something.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed any bad side effects to taking this stuff? I noticed that when I take 2oz at a time, I get a warming/sore sensation in my heart. Almost like the feeling you get after a really hard workout. This has prompted me to take a break for a couple of days.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scriptd
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed any bad side effects to taking this stuff? I noticed that when I take 2oz at a time, I get a warming/sore sensation in my heart. Almost like the feeling you get after a really hard workout. This has prompted me to take a break for a couple of days.

I got the same thing today. I've complained to my doctor about it before but he calls it muscle pains. I don't know if I can attribute it to my (as of the last 2 days) high intake of the liposomal vitamin c. I haven't noticed any other side-effects or benefits so far.

From what I've gathered of info about the device, I can't see how it could provoke it, unless it is somehow related to the lecithin?

"Q - Can ultrasonics cause damage to hearing? Are there any other effects on the body?
Ultrasonic cleaning equipment utilizes high energy sound waves at frequencies above those audible to
humans to enhance the chemical and mechanical cleaning effects of liquids. The ultrasonic energy,
although high in power, has no measurable impact on human auditory senses - in fact, there are no
established time weighted average exposure limits for frequencies above 20kHz (20,000 cycles per
second) . The frequencies of concern are the audible sub-harmonics of the ultrasonic primary frequency.
These are produced due to sympathetic resonance of various components of the ultrasonic equipment
which may include the cleaning tank, the enclosure panels, lids and other features. Pumps, blowers, and
other ancillary equipment also contribute to the overall noise produced by the unit. In that regard,
ultrasonic cleaning equipment is no different than a machine tool or any other piece of equipment found in
the industrial environment. Ultrasound of the intensity that can be transmitted through the air has no
known effect on body tissue. Ultrasound, in fact, is commonly used for imaging of the human body."

(Source: www.ctgclean.com... )

Lecithin:

"
Lecithin and the Heart

One of the main benefits of lecithin is its ability to keep fats and cholesterol water-soluble while they are transported through the bloodstream. When lecithin is in the bloodstream, it promotes the movement of cholesterol and fats, which prevents these substances from sticking to artery walls. By inhibiting the accumulation of cholesterol against artery walls, lecithin helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Drugs.com reports that lecithin may also be able to lower high cholesterol levels in people with excess cholesterol accumulation."

(Source: www.livestrong.com... )

So nothing alarming about heart health, on the contrary.., although I experienced what I suspect is the same as you.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by scriptd

I would just lower your dosage. Start with just 1 oz. and see if there is any difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ok...looks like I will buy Non GMO Soy Lecithin.By the next time I need to order,the supplier I contacted will have made USPS a shipping option which should lower the overall price.

Question...

Can Pure Ascorbic Acid Powder be substituted for Pure Ascorbic Acid Chrystals?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doxograph

Thanks for that bit of info...I too was thinking it was related to the lecithin.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yeah, I did this for a few days. It wasn't as strong of a feeling but it was still there. When I was in high school I used to take ephedra before running track. This kind of gives me the same sensation in my head but without all the jitters. I used to get that same feeling in my heart with ephedra too. I'm in no way claiming this stuff is anything like ephedra because I don't want people getting the wrong impression. These are just observations.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've been taking this stuff too now, and it feels like a low dosage of Adderall, which is exactly what I was looking for. No jitters, but a bit more energy and my crippling low energy portions of the day is gone.

Anyways, after I blend and run the cleaner for the first time there's no foam. I also never get solution separation even after a few days sitting on my desk or in the fridge. Any foam in the cleaner is from me stirring.

I read that C breaks down and stuff when it is exposed to heat. Does that mean like boiling heat, ouch thats how heat, or the 100F temps that my cleaner reaches?

Does anyone else have a cleaner that heats up? I got the $25 one on Amazon, also on Harbor Freight. I drink the stuff right after I'm done running 10-13 cycles (I lose count) and it is very warm. Does this break down the C or anything?

I think I'm getting used to the taste, I only noticed a sour after taste, but my wife almost puked, and she is the one who can eat sour tasting foods. She can't suck down Vodka so maybe that has something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OK so I just received all my supplies last night in order to make this. I bought the NOW non-GMO soy lecithin and the NOW vitamin c crystal powder stuff and an ultrasonic cleaner that had an 8 minute cycle. Here are the steps i went through...

1) 3 tablespoon soy lecithin blended in 1 cup of just before boiling water
2) put blender with mixture in fridge for about 1 hour to let it cool
3) 1 tablespoon of vitamin c powder in about 1/2 cup water, stirred until dissolved
4) combined the 2 mixtures in the blender and blended for about a minute
5) ran through 3 8 minute cycles of the ultrasonic cleaner. Foam/bubbles went away before first cycle was done but kept going through 3 cycles.

my ultrasonic cleaner didn't feel like it got warm at all so that was good. Took 2 tablespoons last night and 1 tablespoon this morning, so far so good.

My main question is this, can there be anything done about the taste? Mine tastes/smells more like the soy lecithin and doesn't really taste sour like some people have mentioned. I mixed it with OJ and was able to take it OK. My wife on the other hand is not good at taking shots or drinking large amounts of liquid. She tried it this morning and couldn't get 1 tablespoon mixed with ~2oz of OJ down. Her eyes started watering and heaving took place

So is there anything you can add to it to make it taste better without being detrimental to the effects of it?

side note, while it was in the ultrasonic cleaner some of it splashed out on the table, i used my finger to wipe it up and it absorbed into my finger almost instantly and holy cow did it feel soft! I had my wife feel and she was like, give me some for my hands! so she used a little bit all over her hands to make them really soft

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is my first post in this thread. My wife and I (ages 52/62) have been using Lipo-C now for almost a month - I'll summarize our experience in making and using it.

I started using the "small recipe" given by Brooks Bradley (3 tablespoons NOW Non-GMO Lecithin Granules + 1 cup distilled water, and 1 tablespoon NOW Vitamin C Crystals (Ascorbic Acid Powder + 1/2 cup distilled water). The US Cleaner I used (from Amazon) was the $30 "New Trent" unit, which holds about 16 ounces.

I did use a blender to mix the lecithin/water and the AA/water, but didn't mix the solutions together before pouring them into the USC. For one batch I did blend the solutions together in the blender before pouring into the USC, but found that this generated a lot more foam, which required a longer sonication time to get rid of most of the foam. Sonication time was about 25-30 minutes per batch, after which time there remained a small amount of foam, which I ignored.

The batches made with this cleaner were well homogenized, no settling at all even after days in the frig. The taste was rather sour, but we both thought the taste was pretty good, actually. The only negatives about this procedure were the small amount made per batch, and the messiness of using the small cleaner - if the top is left open, you eventually get small droplets shooting out of the unit, if the top is left (mostly) closed, you end up (often) with the solution dripping down the sides of the cleaner.

We are quite happy with what we feel from the Lipo-C. Nothing earth-shattering, but very nice balanced energy. Neither of us has any major health issues, so nothing to report there. But we did have some serious dental work done last month (including a root canal for me) which went very smoothly. I didn't even need to use any pain meds after the root canal numbing wore off.

So I decided I wanted a bigger USC and bought a 2-liter one on eBay for $129 (seller randyruby). I just used that today to make two 4.5 cup batches. With the initial foam, that's about how much the unit can make at a time. (Although the unit is "2 liters", that's right up to the brim, and the instructions do say to fill the basin to 2/3rds full).

I'm very happy with the results using this USC. I trippled the above recipe, and ended up sonicating for 45 minutes per batch. During that time the temperature of the solution (the USC has a temperature display) went up about 22 degrees F, very reasonable (still under 90 degrees F when done).

Besides the fact that this USC holds 3 times the volume, the square-ish shape of the basin makes it easy to pour out with minimal spillage. And no dripping at all while sonicating. I left the cover on, and only stirred it every 5 minutes or so (next time I'll try skipping the stirring - I doubt it makes much difference).

But the BEST thing about the results using this larger USC is that the resulting solution tastes MUCH less sour (barely sour at all, actually). To me this indicates that the encapsulation was significantly better, thus we taste much more of the lecithin, and much less of the ascorbic acid. Yea!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mwm4ats

Great feedback, thanks for sharing. I too just ordered the larger sonicator so I'm glad to see good results in making larger batches.

I have just returned from the doctors office. Took my 80 year old mother in for an annual check up. I proceed to tell her that I've added the liposomal vitamin c to her daily routine and the doctor had never heard of liposomal vitamin c.

I glossed over the benefits to her while she rolled her eyes at me!

She then started to argue with me and said that "I can believe whatever I want, but the medical studies have not proven to have the benefits of which I outlined"!

I then told her that she best get "educated" on liposomal vitamin C because the medical studies do "prove" the benefits which I outline and told her to go the US National Library of Medicine website and read the studies on the medically proven benefits of liposomal vitamin c.

Obviously I insulted her.... and she insulted me.

So we'll be looking for a new doctors for my mother!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Not to confuse this thread but it encouraged me to look for other effective supplements. I found a reputable site to purchase Vit b12 injections. Should be getting it in a few days. It's a twice a week injection and I'll let you know how it goes.

Still doing the vit C 3 times a day.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Not to confuse this thread but it encouraged me to look for other effective supplements. I found a reputable site to purchase Vit b12 injections. Should be getting it in a few days. It's a twice a week injection and I'll let you know how it goes.

Still doing the vit C 3 times a day.

Would that be self administered or via GP ?

If self admin. Would that be sub-cutaneous or direct intravenous?
( btw. your sig. made for a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing :up

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

So how were the results of your Mum's annual?
Doc's comments?

Hope you get her faith back ... lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by mwm4ats

I then told her that she best get "educated" on liposomal vitamin C because the medical studies do "prove" the benefits which I outline and told her to go the US National Library of Medicine website and read the studies on the medically proven benefits of liposomal vitamin c.

Obviously I insulted her.... and she insulted me.

So we'll be looking for a new doctors for my mother!

I went to that site and searched Liposomal real quick but didn't find anything. If you have any links to some hard data from a very reputable source that would be really cool to help show people that I am not crazy.

For the taste, google liposomal vitamin c and the first few links is the same basic ATS recipe but they put in sodium bicarbonate which eliminates the acidity of the C. I can drink it fine now so I don't mind it.

I stir the lethicin in a blender real quick before soaking for 30 min, then after dissolving the C crystals I combine and blend for 5.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingcodez

Kingcodez,

Since liposomal vitamin c is considered a "high dose" method, search for high dose vitamin c and you'll get a lot more studies.

Also in the thread in my signature I have lots of other source links as well - What you Don't Know.

Also search for studies by:

Linus Pauling
Oregon State University
Medical News Today

Dr. Klenner
Orthomed.com
High Dose Vitamin C

The proven studies are out there, but the main stream medical industry is trying to ignore them. That's why we need to spread the word... so we can get everyone healthy!

Also regarding my mother's doctor - My mother has early dementia ( short term memory loss). The doctor we saw has taken over for the my mother's doctor who retired, so she is new to us.

Every year I have had her doctor give her the "mini memory test" to see if her memory is getting worse or not. During the test (my mother got the math question wrong) and the doctor asked if she ever had any schooling or graduated from high school. It was actually a very insulting question to my mother (a former successful business owner).

It was after that I went rounds with the doctor about the benefits of Vitamin C and she gave me that look - you know that look you get from someone who thinks you're crazy?

Upon leaving the doctor's office my mother said she didn't like her and wants to find a new doctor.

EDIT TO ADD: She then said we have drugs that help with memory issues and I said no thanks. Drugs are what caused her memory issues and we won't be going there.

We have to go to another clinic for a blood draw I'll be interested in her numbers when they get back.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join