It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by monicaswift
reply to post by Julie Washington

What did I do wrong Julie? I followed the recipe to a T, other than putting in the sonic cleaner less than a half inch, to make sure the mixture was encapsulated thoroughly! I think I got a headache and diahhrea because I do have a lot of health issues and it was my body getting rid of toxins!

3 Tablespoons Soy to 1 cup water

1 Tablespoon powdered 1000mg AA "C" to 1/2 cup water

Blend together in mixer for 5-7 minutes duration, eg..mix for 1 minuted rest 10-20 sec, mix another minute and so on for 5 to 7 times, then Ultra sonic the mixture for 30-45 minutes.

This is the agreed standard mix, some have said that 1 1/2 tablespoon "C" works better

Your concoction is too Vit C rich for full encapsulation hence your issues with the bathroom...

Good luck

Sirric
edit on 24/1/13 by sirric because: clarifiy statements

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by monicaswift
After reading all 78 pages, as of last week...

using 2 Tbls of non-gmo soy lecithin and 1 Tbls of ascorbic acid, both incorporated into 1 cup of distilled water and allowed to sit for an hour or so, then blended for several minutes in a blender, then sonicated for 10 minutes each batch,

Where did you get this recipe from? You should throw it out. Your vitamin C is not properly encapsulized, thus giving your gut too much Vit C, which can't be processed and giving you headaches and diarrhea.

CORRECT RECIPE:

Run a new US cleaner through some cleaning cycles to remove any metalic taste.

Mix 3 Tablespoons of lecithin (soy or sunflower) to 1 cup of distilled water and let it sit for about an 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Mix 1 Tablespoon of Ascorbic Acid to 1/2 cup of distilled water in a separate container and let sit for 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it is completely dissolved.

Using a hand blender, blended up the lecithin until it was a nice yellowish milky (somewhat goopy) substance.

Add the Ascorbic Acid mix to the blended lecithin and blend again for several mintues.

Pour the mixture into the US cleaner and run through enough cycles to remove all bubbles. Approximately 20-30 minutes.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by monicaswift

After reading all 78 pages, as of last week. Plus reading other websites about lipo C, I went ahead and ordered everything I needed to do this, it arrived this past Monday and I made the lipo C right away, using 2 Tbls of non-gmo soy lecithin and 1 Tbls of ascorbic acid,

should be 3 Tblsp of Lecithin, blended for a minimum of 10 minutes with distilled water. I do it with boiled distilled water and let it sit overnight after blending, then blend the next day for another 5-10 minutes.

The 1 Tblsp of Ascorbic Acid should be mixed til it's completely diluted in the water. I chill it in the fridge overnight also, and add to the lecithin mix next day, and blend in blender together for 10 minutes before going in the sonicator

both incorporated into 1 cup of distilled water and allowed to sit for an hour or so, then blended for several minutes in a blender, then sonicated for 10 minutes each batch,

I do 1 cup distilled water for lecithin mix, and 3/4 to 1 cup for the Ascorbic Acid mix, which yields 2 cups total. Also sonicate for minimum of 25-30 minutes

I only poured into the cleaner less than a half inch, because I read either here or on another site, that I would get better encapsulation by sonicated less liquid, and I do believe it worked because the bubbles disappeared after 6 minutes, it worked out that I had to do 3 batches to keep the levels in the cleaner to under a half of an inch!

that's fine and dandy, but you still need to mix/sonicate in the cleaner for 25-30 mins

When you do it right, it's a uniform mix, no separation, and no diahrea. Also take on empty stomach and wait an hour or more before eating. Also dairy products are usually not a good idea too close to taking this

Edit** Just Follow Julie Washington's instructions above this post. She's a Pro!!!!

edit on 24-1-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
Today is week #2 since SO and I started our lipo C regimen. I'm taking 1 oz daily, while SO had to cut back to 1 TBSP due to a significant increase in blood pressure. His has to remain very low due to a bad heart. I'm much better focused and still experiencing increased energy and physical stamina.

Meanwhile, I did a bit of experimenting for comparison's sake. I found very reasonably priced triple strength lecithin caps
and purchased several bottles. Although one capsule gives me the same effect as the lipo C, I don't feel the effect of it for about an hour, vs 15-30 minutes for the lipo C. Yesterday I took both, about an hour apart. It was the ultimate "feel good" all day experience! I was on the go for 18-hours before I felt tired enough to sleep.

Lastly, I'd previously expressed an interest in LET glutathione, as a few other's here have. But after doing more research, I'm reversing course and nixing the idea primarily based on the info I found on the Mercola website.

In part:

Ironically, glutathione supplements may actually interfere with your body’s own glutathione production. The human body is programmed to self-produce its own antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione and SOD (superoxide dismutase, the first antioxidant mobilized by your cells for defense). And synthetic supplementation of these compounds actually signal your body to stop its own production – which leaves you dependent on synthetic substances (supplements or drugs).

Glutathione levels can be enhanced somewhat by taking supplements such as alpha lipoic acid, which is known to regenerate glutathione. Alpha lipoic acid also helps to regenerate vitamins C and E so that they remain active longer in your body. Red meat and organ meats are the best dietary source of alpha lipoic acid. Glutamine can be used as a supplement since it’s a direct precursor to glutathione. However, there is quite a bit of evidence it is poorly absorbed.

There is also evidence that vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione.
(same source - Mercola)

Being as I already take alpha lipoic acid and vitamin D-3, I appreciate knowing their added benefits. Now I'm kinda wishing I had that $18+ I spent on a bottle of glutathione caps.

Oh, I forgot to mention that someone who had made a batch of LET glutathione remarked that it smelled like sulphur and tasted awful. No can do sulphur smell......yuck!!

Thanks for sharing your research. I think perhaps a liposomal encapsulation of a glutathione pre-curser would then be a safer bet? From research I've found that Glutathione is composed of three amino acids - glycine, cysteine and glutamate - perhaps a liposome of Glutamine would be more beneficial as it's readily available in pure bulk and nowhere near as expensive as glutathione powder?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Re. method of making the mixture, I think blending the 1 tbsp of vitamin C in 1.5 cups of water until dissolved then adding the 3 tbsp of lecithin is theoretically the best method. My reasoning for this is that the liposomes form naturally - ie as soon as the lecithin mixes with the water, so to ensure all the liposomes form over a vit C solution would surely create a more potent mix? I'd blend then leave to soak overnight in the fridge, then blend again before sonicating. I use this method and it's kept in the fridge for a week with zero separation and I have no issues re. bowel tolerance (which for plain old vit C is quite low at about 2.4 grams).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boxertwin

Thanks for sharing your research. I think perhaps a liposomal encapsulation of a glutathione pre-curser would then be a safer bet? From research I've found that Glutathione is composed of three amino acids - glycine, cysteine and glutamate - perhaps a liposome of Glutamine would be more beneficial as it's readily available in pure bulk and nowhere near as expensive as glutathione powder?

You're quite welcome, boxertwin (Julie, too). To answer your last question, here's what the last sentence of the second paragraph (source:Mercola.com) of my post says:

Glutamine can be used as a supplement since it’s a direct precursor to glutathione. However, there is quite a bit of evidence it is poorly absorbed.

Which is why I've decided to blow the whole idea off.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Toots because: spacing correction

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Re. method of making the mixture, I think blending the 1 tbsp of vitamin C in 1.5 cups of water until dissolved then adding the 3 tbsp of lecithin is theoretically the best method. My reasoning for this is that the liposomes form naturally - ie as soon as the lecithin mixes with the water, so to ensure all the liposomes form over a vit C solution would surely create a more potent mix? I'd blend then leave to soak overnight in the fridge, then blend again before sonicating. I use this method and it's kept in the fridge for a week with zero separation and I have no issues re. bowel tolerance (which for plain old vit C is quite low at about 2.4 grams).

Well that is interesting... gonna have to let my mind think about that a little.

The most important thing is that you are still using the same amount of ingredients and water... just mixing them a little differently.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots

You're quite welcome, boxertwin (Julie, too). To answer your last question, here's what the last sentence of the second paragraph (source:Mercola.com) of my post says:

Glutamine can be used as a supplement since it’s a direct precursor to glutathione. However, there is quite a bit of evidence it is poorly absorbed.

Which is why I've decided to blow the whole idea off.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Toots because: spacing correction

Just want to make sure you aren't missing the point.

"Evidence shows that it is poorly absorbed" - meaning tablet supplements.

Hence the reason to make it in liposomal form.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

As I said earlier here I had a very poor reaction to upping my dosage, bad headache and such. BUT, I got to say I feel markedly better today after only the initial onset of the scratchy throat and sniffles. Maybe it is working for me after all.

Thanks Julie for all you have done to promote this. I would never have waded through all the negatives here if you had not made that summary thread.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If any of you fancy going pro on this and making 'proper' liposomes, you can buy mini extruder kits for a mere $525
avantilipids.com...

Obviously only for testing purposes!

EDIT TO ADD - found an even cheaper extruder, just $195! www.eastsci.com... - a lot of info on how the process works. From what I understand you just add your solution in the desired ratio and keep passing it back and forth through the membrane until it's visibly combined.
edit on 24-1-2013 by boxertwin because: additional info

edit on 24-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Found some education material on liposomes too.
Very interesting video, but must say the guy has a sleep inducing tone to his voice - should have been a hypnotist!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

Apologies my good man, for some reason I missed the bit about pre-cursors, would have saved me a few minutes on google!

My issue has always been remembering details of information, it's like it's there in my mind but I have trouble with recollection - so I always do a google to confirm before posting (this has saved me making a *** out of myself on a number of occasions)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well I managed to up my dose considerably today by spreading it out over the day instead of taking it just twice a day I sure hope it works cuz I feel like all hell today lol Every time I took a shot though I felt better after.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well after a week now without any Vit C (Ultrasonic Cleaner broke last week), I have returned to my regular lack of motivation and general laziness. I have gotten literally nothing accomplished all week.

My new cleaner should be here today, can hardly wait

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just ran out of sunflower lecithin...

WHat brand are you guys buying?

I heard that the "Love Raw Foods" brand which I used before, isn't 100% all natural as they use hexane in extraction purpose, and hexane is BAD news to the body.

Anyway, looking for an all natural bulk supply of sunflower lecithin w/ out all the extraction solvents.

I'm surprised there isn't any non-gmo fermented soy lecithin. The Fermented soy is super good for you, in japan they eat a food called Natto, (which personally I hate the taste) but it has sooo many benefits and many researchers think is one of the reason they are number 1 in longevity.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Just ran out of sunflower lecithin...

WHat brand are you guys buying?

I heard that the "Love Raw Foods" brand which I used before, isn't 100% all natural as they use hexane in extraction purpose, and hexane is BAD news to the body.

Anyway, looking for an all natural bulk supply of sunflower lecithin w/ out all the extraction solvents.

I'm surprised there isn't any non-gmo fermented soy lecithin. The Fermented soy is super good for you, in japan they eat a food called Natto, (which personally I hate the taste) but it has sooo many benefits and many researchers think is one of the reason they are number 1 in longevity.

I'm out too, so I think I will get this lecithin, though it's not cheap.

www.mysunflowerlecithin.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Julie Washington: Do you use Sunflower or Soy Lecithin and what brand would you recommend?

Many thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm just finishing my first batch (multitasking, stirring & typing) it will be done in about ten minutes. Does anyone have a more precise dosage guideline? I see a range of 4 teaspoons to 6 oz per day, at 150 pounds, I am thinking about 1 oz twice a day.

Any better suggestions?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Julie Washington: Do you use Sunflower or Soy Lecithin and what brand would you recommend?

Many thanks

I'm using non GMO Soy Lecithin - brand is Swanson. Another popular brand is NOW. I got mine through Amazon.com.

I don't have any issues with the Soy. However some are very critical on how it is made or extracted and actually look for specific issues like if acetone was used in the extraction. Some research to make sure it is mechanically extracted rather than chemically extracted.

I didn't know about this part until after I bought my current supply. So I will probably research that type of Lecithin when I'm ready to buy some more.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I'm just finishing my first batch (multitasking, stirring & typing) it will be done in about ten minutes. Does anyone have a more precise dosage guideline? I see a range of 4 teaspoons to 6 oz per day, at 150 pounds, I am thinking about 1 oz twice a day.

Any better suggestions?

Yes... the range of dosage amounts do vary. I think every individual body is different and what might be the right amount for one person may not be the right amount for you.

That being said, I think the most common dosage that people here on this thread is 1 oz twice a day.

Each ounce should provide approximately 750 mg of absorbed Vitamin C. So 2 shots a day should be about 1,500 mgs.

I think Linus Pauling said we should be getting about 2300 mgs a day. Dr. Hickey in his book recommends the optimal dosage to be 2,000 mg - 3,000 mg a day.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join