It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Okay, so I got all of my stuff last Friday to start making my Lipo C. Here is the breakdown of what has happened since Friday.

Friday Night -
-Ran the US cleaner through some cleaning cycles
-Added 3 Tablespoons of granulated lecithin to 1 cup of water and let it sit for about an hour
-Added 1 Tablespoon of Ascorbic Acid to half a cup of water in a separate container and let sit for about an hour (Stirring occasionally to make sure it was completely dissolved)
-Using a hand blender, blended up the lecithin until it was a nice yellowish milky substance.
-Added the AA water and blended again
-Poured the mixture into the US cleaner and set my timer for 30 minutes
-I used a wooden spoon to stir the mixture in the US cleaner but I did not stir continuously. I let the vibration ripples form on the surface and only stirred when they got to the point of splashing, then stirred to mix things up a bit. I continued this for the duration of the 30 minutes.
-The result was like others have posted. I funnelled it into a glass jar and put it in the fridge

Saturday Morning -
-Took two tablespoons before heading out of the house. I felt a slight bit of a sensation in my neck and head, (hard to explain) about 40 minutes later but nothing in the way of extra energy.

Saturday Evening -
-I was out of the house all day so didn't take another dose until about 6PM. That time I took about 4 Tablespoons and headed off to the movies with the wife and kid. I struggled to stay awake through the last 45 minutes of the movie.
-Got home from the theater and knocked out for the night. Slept like a baby!

Sunday Morning -
-Took 1.5 oz and waited...nothing!

Monday Morning - (10am)
-Woke up and took about 1.5 oz and headed to the store to buy stuff to make breakfast.
-Got home, made breakfast. Still no energy.
-Laid down in the bed with my wife to watch some TV. I fell asleep around 1pm and slept until 3pm when my wife woke me up.
-Got up and took another 1.5 oz and headed out again. Still no extra energy.

At this point I have to say I was feeling like this whole thing was total crap and I started getting down on myself for expecting this to be so great.

Monday Evening -
-Decided to make another batch. Followed the same recipe as above only I added 1.5 Tablespoons of AA to the water.
-This time I blended everything in a blender. 1 minute with the lecithin mixture. Another 2 minutes with the AA.
-Poured the mixture in the US cleaner and set the timer for 30 minutes. This time I stirred with the wooden spoon the entire 30 minutes, never stopping.
-Poured the mixture into some 2oz bottles I bought for easy transportation to work.

This morning -
-Took the whole 2oz bottle before leaving for work.
-This is where things got interesting. I have a 45 minute commute. 20 minutes into the drive I felt noticeably more alert. I also started feeling this cool feeling in my ear canals (like water in your ear after a shower, only it wasn't because I always dry and clean my ears after my shower). Shortly after feeling that sensation I felt what I can only say was the visual effect. This one is hard to explain as well. My vision didn't clear up any, although I wear glasses as it is so maybe that was it. What I did notice was that my eyes seem to be more lubricated. The only thing I can relate it to is the feeling when you take ecstacy and it starts to kick in (without the pupil dialation or the added visual effects. Just the lubricated feeling).
-I arrived at work at 7am and I was buzzing with energy. It is now 9:21 and that sensation is still going strong.
-No bad side effects to report as of yet. Very pleasant experience so far.

Now I don't know if it was the extra AA I added to the mixture last night or the fact that I stirred it constantly, but this batch is COMPLETELY different than the first. This one is definitely working! Oh, and for the people thinking this is a placebo effect. No freakin' way! If you were to experience it, you would just know this isn't placebo. Something is definitely going on here.

Anyway, I have another 2oz bottle with me that I plan on taking at some point today, but I doubt it'll be before lunch time as I am still buzzing and it doesn't feel like it'll go away anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scriptd

Glad to hear of your positive results.

I find it very interesting that you increased the AA to 1.5 tablespoons.

An excellent idea to make it a stronger dose. Does anyone else see a problem with that? I don't.

I believe the issue of those not noticing any effects is because the need more.

I think I might just make my next batch like that too

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlapdoodleStork
My wife and I got the Sonic Wave CD-2800 from Amazon for $25. It worked fine for the first batch.The second batch, it started making a rattling/squeaking sound and it didn't make the foam disappear even after an hour.
We are returning it for a refund.
I ordered a different brand to replace it.

The good batch we did get was awesome. Within a few minutes of trying it, I felt a lot better, had some energy, and just generally felt more cheerful and calm.
I have had some trouble with chronic fatigue for a long time, and really feel that liposomal C may help with that.

Crikey-my machine made that noise you describe from day 1,but has so far made 2 good batches,no foam at all on second batch after 25 mins.I have the same machine as this one below:

Originally posted by boxertwin
reply to post by Julie Washington

Here's my one www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_sim_sbs_ce_3

It has been very reliable and have used it countless times, you can see it visibly shaking the liquid to the point drops fly up from the surface! I've noticed it tends to gradually warm the liquid up though so I have to keep an eye on temps so as not to damage the vitamin C (I think this is the same for most UCs)
edit on 22-1-2013 by boxertwin because: Linked to wrong product

edit on 22-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

So does your machine make scritchy scratchy noises while also making a buzzing noise as mentioned above?
I am hoping that is normal.
Mine does exactally what you said-occasional droplets can be seen jumping from the surface,while really complicated waveforms are evident on the surface.
Gets hotish on the right side of the case after 15 mins or so,but seems to be working sweet so far.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
I am now on day 7 of 2 doses a day,and I am sleeping better,and have the weird vision buzz many report,with a bit more general calmness-being someone who has suffered chronic pain for years I could often feel myself getting irritated over petty things.
I have noticed this is not happening much over the last week.
It could be down to getting better sleep.
I think I am getting better sleep because the lipo vit c is helping me digest my food better,thus getting more vital nutrients to my system,and hopefully allowing me to fight off my bad back pain more effectively.
Also,I can do more stuff in the daytime before my injury kicks in-thus I get more excersise,which is also probably helping my sleep.

All in all,after one week of 2 doses a day I feel better and will continue on the same amount.
I have given 250ml to a friend to see what they think as well.
Waiting to hear their results..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by scriptd

An excellent idea to make it a stronger dose. Does anyone else see a problem with that? I don't.

Julie,

I can't say that the extra AA was encapsulated because the concoction was noticeably more sour. I'm not sure what part of the process affected this batch differently. I'm not sure that extra half tablespoon would have such a drastic impact. It may have been the 2oz dosage but I also find that hard to believe since 1.5 oz of the previous batch had no effect at all.

On another note. I gave my son a tablespoon of the first batch and because of the horrible taste, he said there was NO WAY he was taking anymore
Have people had positive results mixing this with orange juice or any other kind of juice to mask the flavor. I don't terribly mind the bad taste if the end result is positive, but I would definitely not mind if it tasted better either

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scriptd

reply to post by scriptd

Julie,

I can't say that the extra AA was encapsulated because the concoction was noticeably more sour. I'm not sure what part of the process affected this batch differently. I'm not sure that extra half tablespoon would have such a drastic impact. It may have been the 2oz dosage but I also find that hard to believe since 1.5 oz of the previous batch had no effect at all.

On another note. I gave my son a tablespoon of the first batch and because of the horrible taste, he said there was NO WAY he was taking anymore
Have people had positive results mixing this with orange juice or any other kind of juice to mask the flavor. I don't terribly mind the bad taste if the end result is positive, but I would definitely not mind if it tasted better either

Yes, I believe it's okay to mix with a little juice... and this is why.

I've been giving it to my 80 year old mother in orange juice every morning (2 tablespoons). She can't taste it.

This woman who lives with us and goes to bed every evening by 7:00 pm is now up until 9 - 10 pm, has cleaned out her closet, organized all her clothes, cleaned her bedroom (she has never done this in the 3 years of living with us) and is now happily cateloge shopping for xmas in December.

I think I may need to cut her back - she has waaaaay too much energy now.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by scriptd

reply to post by scriptd

Julie,

I've been giving it to my 80 year old mother in orange juice every morning (2 tablespoons). She can't taste it.

This woman who lives with us and goes to bed every evening by 7:00 pm is now up until 9 - 10 pm, has cleaned out her closet, organized all her clothes, cleaned her bedroom (she has never done this in the 3 years of living with us) and is now happily cateloge shopping for xmas in December.

I think I may need to cut her back - she has waaaaay too much energy now.

Awesome!

I'll give it a go with my son because he's more willing to try it than my wife. If he can drink it without any problems then it'll be on to my wife to get her convinced....or maybe I'll just start slipping it to them in the morning without them knowing...hrmmm

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry if anyone has covered this already.

Soy Lecithin is now giving me a reaction, and i have researched how it is made, non GMO is still treated with some pretty bad chemicals as well.

Can you tell me how much Sunflower Lecithin syrup i would use in this recipe ?

I have found here in Canada that is the only way to buy it.

Another question concerning the distilled water, are you sure that using distilled is the way to go ?
From what i understand you cannot really consume this water safely, or at least much of it.
edit on 22-1-2013 by ParasuvO because: Correction

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That sounds reasonable to me. The acidity in OJ doesn't hold a candle against our stomach acid. If the encapsulation works by protecting itself from being destroyed in the stomach so that it can be absorbed through the intestines surly a bit of OJ is not going to be an issue.

I get my supplies next week, can't wait to try the recipe.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Hi, I asked the same question on page 78 of this thread.

Original post by Dominicus
The sunflower lecithin I get is like honey in consistency. I take my 3 tables spoons of it and mix it with boiling water (1 cup) straight into blender while hot. I blend it for 10 minutes, refridgerate and let it soak either the whole day or over night, take out again and blend again for like another 10 minutes, This soaking and long time of blending gives a very good uniform end result.

I tried this method and had really good results, milky with no seperation. Hope that helps!
edit on 22-1-2013 by hopeful72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

So does your machine make scritchy scratchy noises while also making a buzzing noise as mentioned above?
I am hoping that is normal.
Mine does exactally what you said-occasional droplets can be seen jumping from the surface,while really complicated waveforms are evident on the surface.
Gets hotish on the right side of the case after 15 mins or so,but seems to be working sweet so far.

Can't say it makes a scratchy noise, but yours looks to be working fine. There could be a poorly routed wire touching the base of the container causing it to make that noise - I'd be inclined to remove the casings and take a peek inside if it bothers you that much. The heating up issue was a concern for me though but is expected as it consumed 50w in an enclosed unit so the heat has to go somewhere. I always start with well chilled solution to save damaging the vitamin C (I find then after 40+ minutes sonicating it's about room temperature).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

That sounds reasonable to me. The acidity in OJ doesn't hold a candle against our stomach acid. If the encapsulation works by protecting itself from being destroyed in the stomach so that it can be absorbed through the intestines surly a bit of OJ is not going to be an issue.

I get my supplies next week, can't wait to try the recipe.

I've also mixed it with OJ and seems to work just as well. I prefer doing a shot glass now though just for convenience - I think I've become accustomed to the taste.

I read earlier that someone has put stevia in with it and it and they say it actually tastes quite good!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I usually never get sick, so I was hoping this would help me to keep the terrible cold/flu thing going around at bay. However I have come down with the crud despite my vit C intake, so it isn't quite a virucide. I hope it at least keeps it of short duration.

I am still having great results from the use of this product however. I am experiencing about half the shoulder and heel spur pain I had before I started this, and even still I feel much better lubricated, and attribute the aches I have now to jumping back into my pushup and walking routine with gusto. I feel much more endurance and it makes me very enthusiastic and sociable lol.

Well worth the effort to pursue in my book, just for the pain relief effects alone. The rest is just added perks.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I ran out of my new batch (with 1.5 Tbps of AA) because I shared some with some guys at work. Today I went with what was left over of my old batch from last friday. Nothing! There is definitely something wrong with that batch. I just wish I knew what it was.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Today is week #2 since SO and I started our lipo C regimen. I'm taking 1 oz daily, while SO had to cut back to 1 TBSP due to a significant increase in blood pressure. His has to remain very low due to a bad heart. I'm much better focused and still experiencing increased energy and physical stamina.

Meanwhile, I did a bit of experimenting for comparison's sake. I found very reasonably priced triple strength lecithin caps
and purchased several bottles. Although one capsule gives me the same effect as the lipo C, I don't feel the effect of it for about an hour, vs 15-30 minutes for the lipo C. Yesterday I took both, about an hour apart. It was the ultimate "feel good" all day experience! I was on the go for 18-hours before I felt tired enough to sleep.

Lastly, I'd previously expressed an interest in LET glutathione, as a few other's here have. But after doing more research, I'm reversing course and nixing the idea primarily based on the info I found on the Mercola website.

In part:

Ironically, glutathione supplements may actually interfere with your body’s own glutathione production. The human body is programmed to self-produce its own antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione and SOD (superoxide dismutase, the first antioxidant mobilized by your cells for defense). And synthetic supplementation of these compounds actually signal your body to stop its own production – which leaves you dependent on synthetic substances (supplements or drugs).

Glutathione levels can be enhanced somewhat by taking supplements such as alpha lipoic acid, which is known to regenerate glutathione. Alpha lipoic acid also helps to regenerate vitamins C and E so that they remain active longer in your body. Red meat and organ meats are the best dietary source of alpha lipoic acid. Glutamine can be used as a supplement since it’s a direct precursor to glutathione. However, there is quite a bit of evidence it is poorly absorbed.

There is also evidence that vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione.
(same source - Mercola)

Being as I already take alpha lipoic acid and vitamin D-3, I appreciate knowing their added benefits. Now I'm kinda wishing I had that $18+ I spent on a bottle of glutathione caps.

Oh, I forgot to mention that someone who had made a batch of LET glutathione remarked that it smelled like sulphur and tasted awful. No can do sulphur smell......yuck!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by scriptd

I increased the vitamin C in my last batch too, using 2 TBSP....figured it couldn't hurt, what with all the crud (flu, etc.) going around. The extra C takes a bit longer to dissolve, using 1/2 c of water per Brooks Bradley's recipe. No big deal to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
Lastly, I'd previously expressed an interest in LET glutathione, as a few other's here have. But after doing more research, I'm reversing course and nixing the idea primarily based on the info I found on the Mercola website.

In part:

Ironically, glutathione supplements may actually interfere with your body’s own glutathione production. The human body is programmed to self-produce its own antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione and SOD (superoxide dismutase, the first antioxidant mobilized by your cells for defense). And synthetic supplementation of these compounds actually signal your body to stop its own production – which leaves you dependent on synthetic substances (supplements or drugs).

Glutathione levels can be enhanced somewhat by taking supplements such as alpha lipoic acid, which is known to regenerate glutathione. Alpha lipoic acid also helps to regenerate vitamins C and E so that they remain active longer in your body. Red meat and organ meats are the best dietary source of alpha lipoic acid. Glutamine can be used as a supplement since it’s a direct precursor to glutathione. However, there is quite a bit of evidence it is poorly absorbed.

There is also evidence that vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione.
(same source - Mercola)

Being as I already take alpha lipoic acid and vitamin D-3, I appreciate knowing their added benefits. Now I'm kinda wishing I had that $18+ I spent on a bottle of glutathione caps.

Oh, I forgot to mention that someone who had made a batch of LET glutathione remarked that it smelled like sulphur and tasted awful. No can do sulphur smell......yuck!!

Thanks for sharing this important information. I had not heard this before. I'll do a little more research. If synthetic isn't he best approach perhaps the alpha lipoic acid and increased vitamin D is a better Glutathione booster. Also from your link:

There is also evidence that Vitamin D increases intracellular glutathione.

EDIT TO ADD: This may be more suitable for older people since their body is most likely not producing much Glutathion any more. It's an age thing.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
After reading all 78 pages, as of last week. Plus reading other websites about lipo C, I went ahead and ordered everything I needed to do this, it arrived this past Monday and I made the lipo C right away, using 2 Tbls of non-gmo soy lecithin and 1 Tbls of ascorbic acid, both incorporated into 1 cup of distilled water and allowed to sit for an hour or so, then blended for several minutes in a blender, then sonicated for 10 minutes each batch, I only poured into the cleaner less than a half inch, because I read either here or on another site, that I would get better encapsulation by sonicated less liquid, and I do believe it worked because the bubbles disappeared after 6 minutes, it worked out that I had to do 3 batches to keep the levels in the cleaner to under a half of an inch! I also stirred the liquid up using a chopstick, just to be on the safe side! I took 1 tbls right away, I didn't feel any difference at all, the next day, Tues, I took about an ounce and a little while later I had a headache and diahhrea, Wednesday, I took about an ounce first thing in the morning, and about a half hour later, I felt more energy, I got a lot of things done, that I would normally put off till later, so my ultimate conclusion for just the last couple of days is I think it's working, today I took 2 ounces, I measured it out! I am hoping for some major improvements with energy and my dry skin and my weird old lady hair like Destiny was talking about...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Well I usually never get sick, so I was hoping this would help me to keep the terrible cold/flu thing going around at bay. However I have come down with the crud despite my vit C intake, so it isn't quite a virucide. I hope it at least keeps it of short duration.

I am still having great results from the use of this product however. I am experiencing about half the shoulder and heel spur pain I had before I started this, and even still I feel much better lubricated, and attribute the aches I have now to jumping back into my pushup and walking routine with gusto. I feel much more endurance and it makes me very enthusiastic and sociable lol.

Well worth the effort to pursue in my book, just for the pain relief effects alone. The rest is just added perks.

Peace...

Coopdog -

This is the perfect time to up your dosage. In my other thread about vitamin c - research showed that when your body is getting sick that you may need up to 10 x the regular dosage (depending on illness).

If your body if fighting a cold, if it were me, I would at least double my dosage or maybe triple the dosage to help fight the cold.

The amount of ascorbic acid taken… when a person is ill sometimes is over ten times the amount he would tolerate if well. This…indicates the unsuspected and astonishing magnitude of the potential use that the body has for ascorbate under stressful conditions.

Orthomed.com

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by monicaswift
After reading all 78 pages, as of last week. Plus reading other websites about lipo C, I went ahead and ordered everything I needed to do this, it arrived this past Monday and I made the lipo C right away, using 2 Tbls of non-gmo soy lecithin and 1 Tbls of ascorbic acid, both incorporated into 1 cup of distilled water and allowed to sit for an hour or so, then blended for several minutes in a blender, then sonicated for 10 minutes each batch, I only poured into the cleaner less than a half inch, because I read either here or on another site, that I would get better encapsulation by sonicated less liquid, and I do believe it worked because the bubbles disappeared after 6 minutes, it worked out that I had to do 3 batches to keep the levels in the cleaner to under a half of an inch! I also stirred the liquid up using a chopstick, just to be on the safe side! I took 1 tbls right away, I didn't feel any difference at all, the next day, Tues, I took about an ounce and a little while later I had a headache and diahhrea, Wednesday, I took about an ounce first thing in the morning, and about a half hour later, I felt more energy, I got a lot of things done, that I would normally put off till later, so my ultimate conclusion for just the last couple of days is I think it's working, today I took 2 ounces, I measured it out! I am hoping for some major improvements with energy and my dry skin and my weird old lady hair like Destiny was talking about...

You are not making it right... that is why you got diarrhea.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

What did I do wrong Julie? I followed the recipe to a T, other than putting in the sonic cleaner less than a half inch, to make sure the mixture was encapsulated thoroughly! I think I got a headache and diahhrea because I do have a lot of health issues and it was my body getting rid of toxins!

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join