It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Got my usc at Jaycar electronics - $79.95 talked him down to $70 ( adjustable up to 7'30" cycle, 50w, 43KHz )

Got the ascorbic acid and lecithin granules at a local health food store.

Distilled water was sourced from the local IGA - under 4 bucks - but info is in the thread describing how to DYI.

You can do it cheaper on the net of course, but I am impetuous - I want it now. And if it breaks, I like to be able to take it straight back. ( no trouble 2 batches in )

Thanks for the tips on where to get the stuff. I got the USC for $62 from Jaycar made my mix and took about 40ml in one sitting. that was about 30 minutes ago and nothing overtly noticeable.

its 12:33 pm on sat and I woke up at 8am after a night of medium to heavy drinking. Usually I would be tired but I dont seem to be feeling the after effects of the previous nigh.

I will keep you guys posted.

edit on 18-1-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ok well its been about 5 hours since I took my first double dose of Lip C, no amazing rush of energy that some people reported, no super clarity or any other out of the ordinary experiences. In fact I had a nana nap about 1pm and woke up at 2:45pm. Pleasant sleep, woke up refreshed. So far things are as normal so I guess i will continue taking the same dose for a week and see if there is any noticeable change in mood and energy.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
OK, so I learned a lesson about overindulgence today. This morning I got up and did a doubleshot, and felt so damn good I did another one two hrs later, and when I was sharing it with someone else I took another shot of it.

I was coming home at lunch tonight to start my weekend off and play music, and on the way home I started getting a headache. My head is still throbbing but it is subsiding finally now after a lot of water to help me metabolize the stuff.

I got half the shop at work on this stuff now and most of them have had a dramatic improvement as I did, but a couple of people didn't get much of anything from their initial doses.

I am still not hurting though I have some ache in my shoulders due to increased exercise since I started this stuff.

I will know better tomorrow not to overdo it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
People I know this feels good when you take it but it is just like any drug. Leave it for a while before you take it again. For my people who have taken drugs it like taking more E pills Or Speed or Weed when your already hammered it don't have the same effect when you take it again. LOL sorry to use such a crass example but even the effect of the drugs I just mentioned can be poisonous to our system when we have to much Like any Vitamin.

I understand that C don't have a limit but i wouldn't want to take to much!! especially of a substance that is so easily absorbed like this, Would you? Yeah this is only Vit C but because it is absorbed so easily it don't mean you should take it like Vit C pills or injection since it is way more potent. I know people have said that they need it 2/3 times a day but maybe that just them. Best to start on a low does first and slowly increase...... AND I MEAN SLOWLY!

Please start With Small amount and work you way up!!!

Once you hit your barrier don't moan that it messed you up! Just say you found your limit!

I have seen so many people in this thread go mental with the dosage and they just report bad effects!

Don't try and find tour limit, if you find an amount that works for you. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! Don't try to test it.
edit on 19-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yeah I am not saying it is a bad thing, or in any way dissing the stuff, but I felt I should report that you can have too much of a good thing. Others here had taken much more than I did and said nothing of any bad effects, and I felt that folks should have a heads up that too much can make you feel less than good.

I will resume my one oz in the morning and one in the afternoon tomorrow. I am committed to continuing this long term as I have been losing a lot of sleep to pain, and if this stuff helps this much with it, then I am going to share it with as many people as I can. If we can help the pain that much, we should be trumpetting this from the rooftops as the OP said, but the negatives need to be shared also in order for others to avoid experiencing them for themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well I've made my first batch today. Took one tablespoon about 5 hours ago. After half an hour there was a definite feeling of light-headedness and extra energy. I am ill with a chest infection at the moment and have been coughing up phlem constantly for the last 5 days. I can now say I have stopped coughing and am feeling much better. This is amazing. I am very impressed.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I finally tried it!!!! I told my father about this about a month ago, and sent him a link to your thread. He is a cancer survivor and decided to give it a try. He is HUGE on vitamins and knows which ones should be taken with which ones (something about zinc and copper). Anyway, he made me a batch and I picked it up today.

I really thought I was going to vomit when I drank it. It may possibly be the worst thing I have ever tasted

It tastes like rancid fish, so gross. I had my husband try it and he said it tastes metallic. I must have a sensitive palate.

But I feel amazing, tons of energy today and I can't wait to see how I feel after forcing it down tomorrow

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hi all. I've been lurking for some time but this has piqued my interest. I'm in the process of putting the ingredients list together and I'm querying the necessity of distilled water. Would bottled mineral water be sufficient? Apologies if this has already been asked but I've not come across the answer in the pages I've scanned.

Thanks,

S

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I guess it all comes down to how pure you want your product to be as anything that is encapsulated by the lecithin will be easily absorbed into your body and may be harmful. I played it safe and got the distilled water even though we have excellent water from a well 90 ft deep. I didn't want to take the chance as so many people have reported the miraculous effects that I wanted to follow the directions to the letter and ensure that I got the whole effect.

Oh and BTW, to the people just getting started, welcome and hope you find this to be the amazing thing that I and so many others have.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by boxertwin
reply to post by Julie Washington

That's Glutamine not Glutathione, glutamine is a precursor (building block) of Glutathione (along with other molecules). I imagine it'd be beneficial to encapsulate Glutamine (good for brain and digestive function according to link below) but you wouldn't get the benefits of full Glutathione.

See here www.ehow.com...

BTW - that is a great price though!! I'd imagine the shipping would be the killer for me (living in the UK)
edit on 18-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

Oh crap.... I thought it was a good price

After much searching I've finally found Glutathione at a reasonable-ish price - 150 x 500mg caps (75 grams in total) for $54.99
73 CENTS A GRAM!

They do smaller quantities for those looking to spend less and the cost per gram is better than anywhere I've seen. I just wish this was in the UK. I've researched the "Setria" part in the product title - that's a proprietary fermentation process used to create the Glutathione. The company seems legit and I've read a lot of independent reviews (of course do your own research if unsure, I just thought I'd share the find with you all).

www.healthyorigins.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well I'm on my fourth day of taking liposomal C. I was very happy with the way it worked out, thanks Dominicus for your tips on using sunflower lecethin. I didn't have any lumps or seperation, all smooth and milky - although my little hand blender nearly died, I had to blend in four 5 minute sessions. I will have to invest in a better one. And yes, it does taste awful!

There's not too much to report back so far, but I have been taking it slow starting off with half a teaspoon twice daily and building up each day, I've only had a slight amount of heartburn as a negative side effect. This morning I've taken two tablespoons, and I will do that twice a day and see if there's anything more noticeable to report.

I guess all I can really say is that I've been waking up rather more refreshed than normal, and have actually slept right through the night. Lately I've been sleeping very restlessly, and waking up with a headache in the morning, not feeling rested at all. I didn't get much sleep Friday night due to my daughter having friends over for the night, but I actually didn't feel that tired the next day, like I would have expected. I also have inflamed tendons in my right wrist, which I tweaked last night at work, but I've just noticed that it's not sore this morning which is unusual.

So I haven't had the huge rush of energy that other people have experienced, unfortunately, but I'll keep going and see how I feel. I do feel slightly better than before, nothing significant though. I'm sure it will be very helpful in warding off colds and the like, so worth taking for that alone.

I have a couple of questions for others who have been taking it. How soon after eating can you take it? Taking on an empty stomach is easy first thing in the morning, but I'm not sure when to take the afternoon one. I'm also curious about what dosages other people are taking daily, and how much do you take if you're ill?

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm glad you sumerized this information so nicely. I've a question and hope perhaps you can guide me to an answer.

I want to use liquid lecithin (certified organic) in my mix but am unsure how to do the conversion.

Any suggestions or sources?

And thanks again - I'll continue reading and learning.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
I'm glad you sumerized this information so nicely. I've a question and hope perhaps you can guide me to an answer.

I want to use liquid lecithin (certified organic) in my mix but am unsure how to do the conversion.

Any suggestions or sources?

And thanks again - I'll continue reading and learning.

Liquid lecithin would need to mixed with hot water (just off the boil) in the same ratio (3 table spoons to 1 cup). I'd spend a good 5 minutes blending it then leave to settle overnight in the fridge and blend again BEFORE adding the vitamin C solution - just to make sure it doesn't form globules and separates (essentially we're trying to homogenise the water/lecithin mix, the same as they do to milk to stop the cream from floating to the top).

Also make sure that the lecithin solution is cool before adding the C and blend again once you do (we like blending) before adding to the UC. I hope this info is of some use to you!

Worth mentioning to all that someone stated earlier on in the thread that the freeze-thaw method to achieve Liposomal encapsulation is more effective - DO NOT DO THIS! FREEZING DESTROYS VITAMIN C! Especially as the freeze-thaw method calls for freezing and thawing multiple times. It's not as damaging as heat, but it will damage it none-the-less (approx. 15-25% per freeze - don't have time to find the ref. links). I also know this to be true as I tried the method and notice a decline in the efficacy of my mixture.

edit on 21-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Even though this is a bit of a commercial, it is an excellent video showing how Liposomal Vitamin Absorbtion works on the body.

I'm am now considering this for Vitamin B12 as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I just posted that yesterday in a spin off thread!

It's an annoying advert but it's illustrates the process well

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Great minds think alike!

I came across it researching Liposomal Vitamin B12. The benefits of Vitamin B12 deserves it's own thread. But the liposomal method works just as great because it is also a water soluable vitamin that needs to be replenished daily exactly like Vitamin C.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Great minds think alike!

I came across it researching Liposomal Vitamin B12. The benefits of Vitamin B12 deserves it's own thread. But the liposomal method works just as great because it is also a water soluable vitamin that needs to be replenished daily exactly like Vitamin C.

Indeed

There is a thread about B12 liposomal, it's where I posted that vid!
Take a look www.abovetopsecret.com...

Having serious issues finding pure methylcobalamin (as opposed to cyano) that isn't cut with all sorts of crap - seems to only be available in tablet, lozenge or liquid mixed with crap like sweeteners and bulking agents. I've found pure cobalamin crystals can obtained from Alibaba (min. .5KG quantities) but I'd question the quality.

Edit to add link to Alibaba (this one's 100 gram minimum)
www.alibaba.com...

There must be a reputable source though, surely? I've read somewhere that there are legislations in place that prohibit the sale of certain pure bulk vitamins.

edit on 21-1-2013 by boxertwin because: messed up the [/quote command

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well... I think I just wore out my ultrasonic cleaner.

After many repeated cycles my solution is separated

Perhaps it is just over heated as I did 3 batches today. My last batch looks like lemon water on the top and yellow goop on the bottom. I think I might refrigerate it over night and in the morning re-mix and try to sonicate it again.

I might be in the market for a new cleaner.

Are people happy with theirs? I see that most run at 42,000, but found one at 56,000, but didn't bookmark it and can't find it now.

So feedback on your current cleaners would be helpful.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
My wife and I got the Sonic Wave CD-2800 from Amazon for $25. It worked fine for the first batch.The second batch, it started making a rattling/squeaking sound and it didn't make the foam disappear even after an hour.
We are returning it for a refund.
I ordered a different brand to replace it.

The good batch we did get was awesome. Within a few minutes of trying it, I felt a lot better, had some energy, and just generally felt more cheerful and calm.
I have had some trouble with chronic fatigue for a long time, and really feel that liposomal C may help with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Here's my one www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_sim_sbs_ce_3

It has been very reliable and have used it countless times, you can see it visibly shaking the liquid to the point drops fly up from the surface! I've noticed it tends to gradually warm the liquid up though so I have to keep an eye on temps so as not to damage the vitamin C (I think this is the same for most UCs)
edit on 22-1-2013 by boxertwin because: Linked to wrong product

edit on 22-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join