It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Any one tried this stuff?

www.healthyitems.com...
^ Liposomal Vitamin B
or

www.colovite.com...
^ Liposomal Vitamin D
or

worldschoiceproducts.com...
^ Liposomal Gluthione
or

www.nowfoods.com...
^ Liposomal Vitamin D and K.

If just one Vitamin has this effect imagine if our Body had all its Vitamins delivered to it in the same way. Im tempted

Not tried the vitamin B but I use time release vitamin B which is a HUGE difference... especially if you partake in alcohol =) ... problem with vitamin B supplements especially is that your first trip to the restroom pretty much flushes it out of your system.. the time release supplement keeps releasing over several hours ..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi all,

I have been preparing to make Liposomal Vitamin C, I have the following items;

-Lecithin Fine Granules Non-Gmo, Soy Free, 97% Phosphatides 100% Nautral
(would like to know if this can be used opposed to normal granules?)

Link to the eBay page, where I bought it from (click)

-4 oz L Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C Powder

This Ultrasonic Cleaner (click)

Have to buy distilled water before I go at it.
Could someone review the above items? (I have my doubts about the fine granules..)

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey all! Just signed up because of this thread.

I have ordered all of the equipment which should be here mid next week. I cannot wait to get started! I'm hoping I get the same results most others have had. If not, well, how can the extra Vit C and lecithin be bad??

I was also interested in making the liposomal glutathione but had a question. Has anyone tried mixing the two (vit c and glutathione) into one concoction? Is this possible? The reason I ask is that, from what I've read here, the process is exactly the same for both, yet if I have to take both of them separately, I'm dosing twice on lecithin. Is that a problem? Also, I haven't been able to find glutathione in powder form. I know some people are using the capsules and just breaking them open. Is that pure glutathione inside the capsules? Surely there are fillers if you go that route.

Thanks to everyone who have posted their experiences. I actually ordered my equipment before making it past page 20. I've been cruising through the pages while I wait on my equipment to come in. The stories are great so far. I still think it's funny to see people waiting to see if this is a placebo effect. Go back and read the older posts. There are people who have been doing this for half a year and still experiencing the same positive results. I think it's safe to say they are past the placebo threshold!

Whoa! Just checked my amazon order to track where it was. It wasn't due to arrive until the 24th, but it's now showing it is out for delivery!! Awesome!

edit on 18-1-2013 by scriptd because: Update

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousWitness
Hi all,

I have been preparing to make Liposomal Vitamin C, I have the following items;

-Lecithin Fine Granules Non-Gmo, Soy Free, 97% Phosphatides 100% Nautral
(would like to know if this can be used opposed to normal granules?)

-4 oz L Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C Powder

This Ultrasonic Cleaner (click)

Have to buy distilled water before I go at it.
Could someone review the above items? (I have my doubts about the fine granules..)

Thanks in advance!

The Ascorbic Acid and the UC are both fine from what I can see (100% pure ascorbic acid, stainless tank in UC, 600ml capacity - all fine)
I'd question the granules just because it's unbranded (looks to be from Thailand) and the ebay seller only has 8 feedback score. I use Bob's Red Mill at the moment, I'm looking to trying sunflower lecithin next (there's granules for that online but I need to do a bit more research into it and contact the manufacturer - I will post verdict here)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scriptd
Has anyone tried mixing the two (vit c and glutathione) into one concoction? Is this possible?

I've been watching this thread and researching the items to purchase to make my own Liposomal Vitiman C and I was wondering the same thing. Why not combined the two ingredients? It appears someone has concocted this mixture but it looks very expensive. Here's the link:

www.forresthealth.com...
edit on 18-1-2013 by papajake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake

Has anyone tried mixing the two (vit c and glutathione) into one concoction? Is this possible?

I've been watching this thread and researching the items to purchase to make my own Liposomal Vitiman C and I was wondering the same thing. Why not combined the two ingredients? It appears someone has concocted this mixture but it looks very expensive. Here's the link:

www.forresthealth.com...

Yes it appears they have combined it.

I don't see a complete list of ingredients.

It offers 450mg of Glutathione, but only 50mg of Vitamin C.

I'm almost out of Vit-C, I will combine them in my next batch and see what happens. I will use the standard formula, but add 1 Tablespoon of Vit C and 1 Tablespoon of Glutathione to 1/2 cup of distilled water.

EDIT TO ADD:

I'm going to amend the recipe and only add 1/2 Tablespoon of Glutathion based on the recommended daily dosage of 500 mg per day.

Glutathione Dosage
edit on 18-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by boxertwin

Is the weight to price ratio better when you buy the Glutathione caps and open them? Or is it purely because the powder is just prohibitively expensive in all quantities?

EDIT TO ADD - would mixing Glutathione in with Ascorbic Acid damage/destroy the Glutathione? If not I think I'll be using this method.
edit on 18-1-2013 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)

I honestly can't answer your questions. Locally, the price of a bottle of glutathione was $18 + tax for sixty 250 mg Vcaps (NOW brand). What I thought I saw on Puritans Pride website was over $50, which by comparison to the caps I bought, doesn't sound too expensive now!

According to my online research, the bioavailability of the glutathione without encapsulation is much like vitamin C....20% or less. Glutathione is water soluble and fat soluble after encapsulating. I may just try making a batch and omit the vitamin C, just in case the two aren't compatible. Looking forward to anyone who can tell me differently, or can recommend how many capsules to use. This is my first time using glutathione in any form.

From what I've read the amounts used are the same as vitamin C ratio (1 tbsp G to 3 Lecithin). Your caps work out at 15 grams which is just under 3 tablespoon full (based on a tablespoon of Vit C powder weighing 15.36 grams) so would be good for one batch. You can buy 50 grams for $86 from here

By my calculations price is per weight is
Caps $1.20 per gram
Powder $1.72 per gram

The above prices don't include tax/delivery and I think I might be able to find powdered form cheaper (you say you found some for $50 - assuming thats 50grams which will be $1 per gram).

I'm very interested in using Glutathione, I've read it's very synergistic with Vitamin C and D - although I'm still unsure if it's stable when mixed in with Ascorbic Acid. I think when I come to use it I will keep the 2 separate and take them at different stages of the day (or maybe alternate days).

edit on 18-1-2013 by boxertwin because: typos

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by papajake

www.forresthealth.com...

Yes it appears they have combined it.

I don't see a complete list of ingredients.

It offers 450mg of Glutathione, but only 50mg of Vitamin C.

I'm almost out of Vit-C, I will combine them in my next batch and see what happens. I will use the standard formula, but add 1 Tablespoon of Vit C and 1 Tablespoon of Glutathione to 1/2 cup of distilled water.

EDIT TO ADD:

I'm going to amend the recipe and only ad 1/2 Tablespoon of Glutathion based on the recommended daily dosage of 500 mg per day.

Glutathione Dosage

I believe that the Glutathione and Ascorbic Acid are encapsulated in separate processes then combined to make this product (the liposome protect the Glutathione from degradation due to exposure to the ascorbic acid). I personally wouldn't mix the two during the encapsulation process and make the two batches separate (after which in theory you could combine them, but any G and C that isn't encapsulated would degrade). This is speculation/my opinion based on preliminary research - I'll look into it more as I would like to know the definitive answer to that question.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If encapsulation is required before mixing the two together, then the end result (assuming you want the same target amounts of Vit C and glutathione) is the same as making two separate batches and drinking them separately. This then doubles the amount of lecithin you are consuming. So back to the question. Can you have too much lecithin?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boxertwin

I believe that the Glutathione and Ascorbic Acid are encapsulated in separate processes then combined to make this product (the liposome protect the Glutathione from degradation due to exposure to the ascorbic acid). I personally wouldn't mix the two during the encapsulation process and make the two batches separate (after which in theory you could combine them, but any G and C that isn't encapsulated would degrade). This is speculation/my opinion based on preliminary research - I'll look into it more as I would like to know the definitive answer to that question.

Thanks for that. I won't be making any until this weekend - so any info is helpful

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If encapsulation is required before mixing the two together, then the end result (assuming you want the same target amounts of Vit C and glutathione) is the same as making two separate batches and drinking them separately. This then doubles the amount of lecithin you are consuming. So back to the question. Can you have too much lecithin?

This was answered way, way back in the thread. Lecithin is used everywhere, from sauces to ice cream, and also occurs naturally. It makes up part of the cell walls in our body and is easily metabolised. The issue is how the lecithin is extract from soy/sunflower/whatever - were chemicals used, is the source GMO, etc etc

A quick 4 seconds on google brought this up, I'm sure you could find many more www.essortment.com...

ETA - found this snippet on lecithins:
Lecithins are molecules related to lipids (fat constituents) that enable coating of water or oil droplets with a fine bipolar layer improving their dispersion and stability. The caloric value of lecithins is that of fat : 9 Kcal / g.
Easily metabo­lised, lecithins are well tolerated and very safe. They may even be beneficial to health.
edit on 18-1-2013 by boxertwin because: extra info

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

This was answered way, way back in the thread. Lecithin is used everywhere, from sauces to ice cream, and also occurs naturally.

Sorry and thank you. While I did read most of this thread, I did skip over some chunks because the information seemed to be very redundant in some spots. I guess I missed this one!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scriptd

Absolutely no need to apologise, this thread is massive and not everyone has the time to read each post, glad I could help!

I will say that I'd exercise common sense when taking any supplement - just listen to your body a be wary of allergic reactions (especially when using soy derived lecithin) and google the crap out of the subject before committing!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots

Is the weight to price ratio better when you buy the Glutathione caps and open them? Or is it purely because the powder is just prohibitively expensive in all quantities?

EDIT TO ADD - would mixing Glutathione in with Ascorbic Acid damage/destroy the Glutathione? If not I think I'll be using this method.

I honestly can't answer your questions. Locally, the price of a bottle of glutathione was $18 + tax for sixty 250 mg Vcaps (NOW brand). What I thought I saw on Puritans Pride website was over $50, which by comparison to the caps I bought, doesn't sound too expensive now!

According to my online research, the bioavailability of the glutathione without encapsulation is much like vitamin C....20% or less. Glutathione is water soluble and fat soluble after encapsulating. I may just try making a batch and omit the vitamin C, just in case the two aren't compatible. Looking forward to anyone who can tell me differently, or can recommend how many capsules to use. This is my first time using glutathione in any form.

From what I've read the amounts used are the same as vitamin C ratio (1 tbsp G to 3 Lecithin). Your caps work out at 15 grams which is just under 3 tablespoon full (based on a tablespoon of Vit C powder weighing 15.36 grams) so would be good for one batch. You can buy 50 grams for $86 from here

By my calculations price is per weight is
Caps $1.20 per gram
Powder $1.72 per gram

The above prices don't include tax/delivery and I think I might be able to find powdered form cheaper (you say you found some for $50 - assuming thats 50grams which will be $1 per gram).

I'm very interested in using Glutathione, I've read it's very synergistic with Vitamin C and D - although I'm still unsure if it's stable when mixed in with Ascorbic Acid. I think when I come to use it I will keep the 2 separate and take them at different stages of the day (or maybe alternate days).

edit on 18-1-2013 by boxertwin because: typos

Thanks for your input! I agree, making separate batches and dosing at different times will be the direction I take this. But for what the glutathione costs, I will probably not be investing in it again.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Appreciate your reply! Starred

Anyone else familiar with those fine granules I bought..? Julie Washington perhaps you can clarify if they are acceptable?
By the way, they're from Israel, but made in the USA. I don't recognise the language on the bottle..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Anyone else familiar with those fine granules I bought..? Julie Washington perhaps you can clarify if they are acceptable?
By the way, they're from Israel, but made in the USA. I don't recognise the language on the bottle..

I tried to find the company that makes this but couldn't.

There is a Nutri Care Vitamins in New Zealand, but this isn't their product as the lables don't match.

I can't answer your questions. I would never recommend buying anything that you can't identify the company or the contents on the lable.

Perhaps someone can do a more thorough search....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

I tried to find the company that makes this but couldn't.

There is a Nutri Care Vitamins in New Zealand, but this isn't their product as the lables don't match.

I can't answer your questions. I would never recommend buying anything that you can't identify the company or the contents on the lable.

Perhaps someone can do a more thorough search....

Second this, if you can't trace it's origin and the labelling seems questionable I'd avoid it. You have to remember you're going to create microscopic liposomes that enter your body on a cellular level, through your liver and into your blood stream - you really don't want to cut corners on any of the ingredients. Spend a little extra for peace of mind. I also had a look online and found the only other manufacturer to produce 227 gram quantities that's kosher as per your product is a company called Solgar - see here

ETA - here's the company www.solgar.co.uk... - may be worth getting in touch with Solgar to see if they can shed light on the product you have - they may be trying to expand out to different countries and have undergone rebranding.[

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Found a GREAT price and sale on Pure L-Glutathion Powder. Check it out.

Puritan's Pride

89 Servings per jar:

2 jars for a total of $24.99
5 jars for a total of $49.98

EDIT TO ADD: THIS IS NOT GLUTATHIONE... but Glutamine.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

That's Glutamine not Glutathione, glutamine is a precursor (building block) of Glutathione (along with other molecules). I imagine it'd be beneficial to encapsulate Glutamine (good for brain and digestive function according to link below) but you wouldn't get the benefits of full Glutathione.

See here www.ehow.com...

BTW - that is a great price though!! I'd imagine the shipping would be the killer for me (living in the UK)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Julie Washington

That's Glutamine not Glutathione, glutamine is a precursor (building block) of Glutathione (along with other molecules). I imagine it'd be beneficial to encapsulate Glutamine (good for brain and digestive function according to link below) but you wouldn't get the benefits of full Glutathione.

See here www.ehow.com...

BTW - that is a great price though!! I'd imagine the shipping would be the killer for me (living in the UK)

Oh crap.... I thought it was a good price

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join