It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi all, I've just joined up to ATS to be part of this discussion. This sounds like amazing stuff, so much so that I ordered the ingredients and the u/s cleaner online and they've just arrived this morning. I'm really eager to get started but have a couple of questions. I have tried to read all 70+ pages but may have missed something somewhere!
Firstly, I'm in Australia and have had trouble sourcing sunflower lecithin here. I ended up buying Now brand capsules from a US site. Is there anyone from Aus who can help me find it locally? I'm really not keen on the idea of soy and am prone to a somewhat delicate stomach, it seems the general consensus that sunflower lecithin causes less upsets.
My other question, also regarding the sunflower lecithin, is does it need to be treated any way differently from the soy lecithin during the process? Being that it's already a liquid, does it need to be soaked the same way the soy granules do? I remember someone saying that hot water helps it dissolve better? I'm just not sure, and with so many people doing things differently, it's all a bit confusing

I've got the original recipe from the first page to follow, and I'd really appreciate any advice!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I went out and bought everything to make Liposomal Vitamin C. My results after a few days are not life changing, I certainly feel better. I always did after taking a regiment of C pills anyway. This form certainly works faster

For those in the states
Ultrasonic cleaner $50 @ Bed Bath and beyond stainless steel tub
Whole foods C powder and lipo

I need to refine make mixture as a had way to much settling of lipo after words

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hopeful72

Hey,
Thanks for joining the thread.

These days with the internet you can order practically anything from anywhere and they will ship anywhere. Amazon is pretty good for world-wide shipping. Up to you really.

The sunflower lecithin I get is like honey in consistency. I take my 3 tables spoons of it and mix it with boiling water (1 cup) straight into blender while hot. I blend it for 10 minutes, refridgerate and let it soak either the whole day or over night, take out again and blend again for like another 10 minutes, This soaking and long time of blending gives a very good uniform end result.

Then I mix the one cup of Ascorbic Acid dissolved in water, mix with the lecithin mix still in the blender, and mix these 2 for another 5-10 minutes.

Once that's all good to go, then it goes straight into the Ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, my particularly cheapo cleaner tends to overheat. SO I give it 45-60 minutes to cool down while taking the mix out to keep in the refridgerator during that time. Once the cleaner is cooled down sufficient, then I pour the mix back in and sonicate for another 15 minutes..

The whole time while sonicating, I'm constantly stirring with a wooden chopstick, and after the 20-25 minutes mark, Boom!!! No more foam on the surface.

Then I pour it in an old gin bottle with one of those wine air-remover corks. Give it 50-70 pumps, and stick back in the fridge. Stays fresh roughly 3 weeks

W/ the soy lecithin, the technique remains the same

PS. Oh and heads up, makes sure you clean you ultrasonic cleaner a few times and run it a few times with soap and water, otherwise you'll get a metallic taste from the stainless on your first batch. Happened to me and a few others

edit on 15-1-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Thanks so much for that Dominicus. That's a very thorough explanation.....just what I needed!

I've had some bad experiences ordering from the US, postage costs are often huge and I've had to wait 2 months for a package to arrive before. Luckily, all went well with this order and there was a special discount rate for postage. I guess it depends on who you're ordering from.

I really appreciate your response, and thanks for the tip about cleaning the equipment, I'll do that now. I'll post back with my results

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I am reading through this thread and have quite a few pages left to read.
I have a couple questions to ask anyone who can answer them. I ordered
Liposomal c liquid off of ebay from a seller who deals in vitamins and such. I got
8oz for around 25.00 delievered .... We wanted to try it out
before getting all the stuff together to make it on our own.

My question is the directions
on the bottle says 1 teaspoon a day after reading this thread I find that is a smaller dose then what
most people are taking is that a correct dosage or should I up that to a table spoon?
I see that some people mention the acidity level could I guess build up after using this so they are using
baking soda ...can I just mix maybe a teaspoon of the soda in water and drink it after every dose.. can I eat
a rolaid or tums or some antiacid? Can I just down a shot of organic ACV?

I know 2 people who were taking large amounts of Vita C and both had gotten
kidney stones at the same time so that kind of worries me has anyone had any problems with
kidney stones?

My husband and I are looking forward to trying this we both have been suffering with
achy joints and sore muscles and have no motivation or energy as of late.He just got
over the flu that knocked him silly and really still isn't 100% and I coming off of what
ever stomach virus was around just don't feel great.

I will be back to add our experience in taking Liposomal C ...very excited.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So I ordered all the equipment and stuff. Made my first batch and noticed a big difference in my energy levels and clearer thoughts. I was able to concentrate with more focus. I wasn't jumping around so much. Most people in my family take drugs to slow their brain. I like my brain just the way it is.
On another note my fiance Also took the lipo Vit c. ^ hours later she was puking her brains out for 6 hours and felt like total crap. She was puking up green slime textured vomit. She said all she could taste was the lipo vit c she drank. She had 1.5 oz. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it just the toxins coming out of her body. She was diagnosed with H. pylori Here's a link to that condition.
h.pylori
What can lower the acidity of the lipo c? does it effect the dosage of vit c you get when the acid neutralizer is used. I always though that acid reduction cause the Vitamin c to be rendered useless?Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

On another note my fiance Also took the lipo Vit c. ^ hours later she was puking her brains out for 6 hours and felt like total crap. She was puking up green slime textured vomit. She said all she could taste was the lipo vit c she drank. She had 1.5 oz. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it just the toxins coming out of her body. She was diagnosed with H. pylori Here's a link to that condition. h.pylori

well h.pylori is a pretty big deal!!!! It makes your stomach super sensitive to whatever you put in it. If you have any stomach conditions you should take proper precaution with Lipo-C. Can she even handle regular vit-c pills?

I had a buddy w/ h.pylori who could barely eat anything. He only ate like 5-7 different foods and could never stray from his diet or would be in big trouble. I would try regular vit-c on her first and then maybe introduce lipo-c in tiny tiny increments until she can get acclimated. Either way, my bud doesn't have this condition any more after a somewhat lengthy treatment w/ antibiotics, which requires doctors visits and what not. My 2-cents.

reply to post by starlitestarbrite

My question is the directions on the bottle says 1 teaspoon a day after reading this thread I find that is a smaller dose then what most people are taking is that a correct dosage or should I up that to a table spoon?

Just follow the recommended dosage on the packet. Your better of starting out w/ smaller oses and ramping up w/ time. I started originally w/ half a teaspoon just to make sure there were no ill effects. Day 2 did a whole teaspoon. Day 3 I did a tablespoon.

I see that some people mention the acidity level could I guess build up after using this so they are using baking soda ...can I just mix maybe a teaspoon of the soda in water and drink it after every dose.. can I eat a rolaid or tums or some antiacid? Can I just down a shot of organic ACV?

Personally I take ACV every now and then. Other than that, I don't really buffer with any soda and have no problems what so ever. Your own discretion on a buffer.

I know 2 people who were taking large amounts of Vita C and both had gotten kidney stones at the same time so that kind of worries me has anyone had any problems with kidney stones?

Interesting!. When I was researching Vit C megadosing this past summer, I saw mention of kidney stones and then saw various sites provide evidence that it is a myth. Just jumped back on the googles to read some more and there are still both sides of the equation arguing their points.

Personally, I havent had any kidney stones ever (mid 30's) and have been on Lipo-C for 7 months, and have an 80 year old grandmother on it for 5 months, various uncles up there in age who have had kidney stone sin the past also going on 4-5 months and still nothing.

My opinion is that with the pills, your getting less than 9-10% absorbability factor, with the rest having to be flushed out or prcessed by kidneys. While Lipo-C is in the 90% absorbable range, so I can see kidney's being a lot less of a problem int hat respect. ALot of this is your own discretion and research to be honest. As you can see above in this same thread, a person w/ H.Pylori vomited, so use discretion and possibly start with smaller dose to check physical acclimation.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thank you, Dominicus, for taking the time to reply to my questions and everyone else's. It is appreciated!

I think I'll try making a new batch to get rid of the bad taste.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What does your cells do with the Vitamin c after absorption. Also thanks for the info on h. pylori

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Happily sonicating my first batch as I write. I am going to be a little late getting in to work today to mix my batch, but consider it worth it if I have any good results. I will be back on tonight before midnight to post my first results.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Happily sonicating my first batch as I write. I am going to be a little late getting in to work today to mix my batch, but consider it worth it if I have any good results. I will be back on tonight before midnight to post my first results.

Hey,
Hope you cleaned you sonicator a few times with soap and water, and ran it with the sopay water for 15-30 minutes as well, other wise there will be a stainless metallic tastes with the first batch.

Just heads up to everyone out there making this for the first time.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hello,
Wanted to share Sunflower Lecithin granules - I'm about to order a batch and wanted to get your opinions on the product before I do so.

I've been doing this DIY LET for a while now and I wanted to share my method with you all to get your opinion:

1 - Create the vitamin C solution using ALL of the water, blending until the C has completely dissolved (in my case, 472ml of water with 15.3grams of Ascorbic Acid (2 cups to 1 tablespoon)
2 - when full dissolved, add the 3 table spoons soy lecithin granules (done by volume, yet to work out the weight)
3 - blend for 5 minutes with a stick blender.
4 - pour into sealable container and leave over night in the fridge to settle
5 - next day, blend again about 1-2 minutes or until a smooth colour
6 - pour into the UC, run it for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally

My reasoning for mixing the C with the water first is that liposomal action is naturally occurring, so it makes sense to me (and from what I've read in the 75+ pages and various links) that as soon as you add the lecithin to the liquid it will instantly start to form lipids. The above method ensures that the lipids form over vitamin C water solution as opposed to just distilled water. The storing in the fridge part overnight ensures the lecithin is well watered as it's not dissolved in hot water as will damage the C - after which you give it a final blend then proceed to UCing it to break the liposomes down further.

The taste seems less sour and more oily than the original pdazzler method and I have yet to reach bowl tolerance (I've consumed the whole 15 grams C solution above in less than a day and I know my raw C tolerance to be 3.5 - 4 grams).

Regards to how I feel, I developed terrible headaches and felt massively lethargic to begin with, which I put down to detoxing - I thankfully persevered and now feel great (albeit not super awesome/flying through the air like some of you guys) - I have clear thinking, no more runny nose and my cough has disappeared. I'm hoping a switch to sunflower lecithin may improve things even more + I intend on making GSH liposome (if anyone has any advice on that it'd be appreciated).

I hope the above helps or is of interest to some of you and I wanted to say a HUUUUGE thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences!

edit on 16-1-2013 by naycalvert because: inaccuracies in content.

edit on 16-1-2013 by naycalvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by naycalvert

Hi Naycalvert,

Thanks for sharing your version of the recipe method. I will definately try it that way for the next batch I make.
How long have you been on the lipo C? This is my third day and I definately felt a lift after my morning dose, kept going around the house cleaning without effort. But then 2 pm hit and I was so tired. After 1/2 hour nap I was fine. Maybe detox as I started with one ounce doses and then jumped to 2 ounces the past 2 days. I had experience with plain vitamin C before so my tolerance level is a little higher.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I made my own batch last weekend and have been taking 1 oz every morning. I am a really big skeptic and I don't buy into all the all natural and supplement thing but this has changed my life. I was very lethargic and depressed all the time, had headaches and felt dizzy but now I feel so great, better than I have since I was 20. I have so much energy and I am so happy. I really hope that 5 weeks from now I don't find out that I can't take this permanently or that it stops working. I really want to thank the creator of this thread for sharing this information. I'm still not going to become a vegetarian or eat a bunch of diffrent health foods but I will continue to take this for as long as I can.

I am trying to get my wife to take it but she just rolls her eyes at me. She thought I was crazy when she got home from work and I was mixing things and blending and using the US cleaner, looked like a meth lab she said. How the heck does she know what a meth lab looks like? Then she gives me he'll for wasting money on the stuff then turns around and asks if she can use the ultrasonic cleaner for her rings! I said no way this is not for cleaning jewelry. Lol, so she's a little ticked.

I feel really awsome like I said but I kinda want to up the dosage to 2oz a day. There has to be a sweet spot and I think 1 oz is it for me but I want to push it further and see what comes of it. If it's double the feeling and energy of 1oz I nothing will be able to contain me. I may just explode into pure energy. Who knows.

What's the max anyone's taken? I would like to hear from you.

Anyway peace and good night

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Remember that no matter how much you take, it wears off in a couple of hours.

Best to spread it out... some in the morning, mid day and late afternoon.... at least for me.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

For me I find that it lasts fom 7am till 11pm with no decline in my energy levels. I find I am having a harder time getting to sleep and have a bit of a reduced appetite also but I would love to lose about 20lbs anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bparypa73

Interesting.... I take 1.5 oz in the morning and find myself dragging by early afternoon, so take another shot for a pick me up... works every time.

Goes to show how different this affects each of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well I am into this for one day and my results were nothing short of FRIGGIN AMAZING just as the OP said! I spent the first pain free day I have had in years! I took a bad fall 6-7 months ago and partially paralyzed my right shoulder, which stopped my pushup routine cold. I realized arthritus was settin in soon after, and since then my shoulders have kept me awake all night most nights. I also have a heel spur on my foot that gives me misery by lunchtime every single day and has been really negatively effecting my morale.

Today I did one oz following the OP's recipe of 3 to 1 level tbs of each and let the lec sit for 25 minutes even tho it made me a few minutes late to work. Mixed it with the prescribed mixer for just a couple minutes, and then stirred both together into the UC and sonicated it for 30 minutes. All the foam was gone in 20ish. I got no settling, or very little at any rate, and my broth looked exactly like you alls pics.

It came out about the consistancy of soy milk and tasted like soy milk with a small shot of lemon juice in it, so I think I got it mostly encapsulated. The flavor was very doable for me and almost enjoyable if I had to say and I was not the only one who liked it, as I shared this stuff with 4 friends at work who have pain and are in my age group.

Anyhow, within 15 minutes of doing my first oz, I was driving down the road and realized that my world just got a little better. The colors were jumping out at me, and Mt Rainier was shining beautifully in the sun and the trees were a more vibrant shade of green without a doubt. I realized I was playing my air guitar and jammin right along as a cop was riding my back bumper while I did 75 mph without realizing it! lol

He didn't bother with me as I quickly slowed down to my usual 65 and he went about his business. I realized I was feeling very positive and no placebo effect here as I am usually a grumpy driver and other people drive me crazy on the road.

Got to work and was maneuvering some long parts, and this usually promotes an ache in my injured shoulder and realized that I was PAIN FREE!!! This is definitely not a placebo effect. This was an hour into my day from taking my first oz of this wonderful combination.

I grooved thru the first 4 hrs with no problems and feeling good, then it was time for my 2nd oz and I took another one. Within 20 minutes I was positively charged like you just cannot understand! I was like scrubbin bubbles, (I'll do the work so you don't have tooooo!)

My heel spur usually starts nagging at me shortly after getting to work and walkin on the concrete floors. it was non-existant to me. I went thru the entire day with NO PAIN! THis is a huge thing, I figured it would take me a few weeks to achieve this kind of effect, but no. I had a pain free day the first time I used this stuff!

Not only was I pain free, but positively ebullient and exhilerated as if I had done some illegal substance, without the negatives associated with things like that. No jitters, no heart palpitations, no anger or irritation. Just positive and good clean burning energy coursing thru me!

I have not felt like this for years! I am sittin here with no aches and no pains the first day I tried this stuff. People at work had incredible reviews also. My lead lady at work has had a broken toe that has bothered her every day all day long for 15 yrs, and she realized after one hr that it did not hurt! All night it did not hurt and she said she wanted to hug me for the fantastic day I gifted her and she is gonna buy me some jars so I can make her a batch till payday when she will get her own stuff to make it.

THANK YOU OP!!! If I knew you in real life I would hook you up good. We all need this stuff and like you said they should be trumpetting it from the rooftops and on every major news channel. I will keep posting my results, and I hope it continues in such a postive trent, now there are many peopl interested at work, and I think US jewelry cleaners will be makin some sales lol.

Peace and THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Long time lurker first time poster.
I should be a good candidate for this, several small problems that i think would benefit from this.
Got all my stuff last saturday and made a batch, not happy with it, i made another batch, not happy. I have seperation.
Also after 50 minutes i still had foam. After the second batch my US quit working. Overheated probably.
Next day I exchanged my US and reread the recipes and made another batch. Same result, foam and seperation. Any tips?

Also have some question.

1- Is it ok to just shake it up or will that mess up the encapsulation?
2- I see comments that it will last 3-4 days at room temp. How do you know if it's bad, certainly not by the taste.
3- First thing when i wake up must have coffee. Can i take this with my coffee? Or does the caffeine and sugar affect absorption?
4- I also read to take on an empty stomach. How long should i wait after a big dinner? For my afternoon dose.

I have been taking 2 doses of 1-1/2 oz per day with no noticable changes. I will do the encapsulation test on my next batch.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
anyone been testing their mix for encapsulation using bicarb?

Im interested to see how other people are getting on

Thanks

dd

First of all, I made my 4th batch last night. Two I'd given away, and all batches were made according to Brooks Bradley's formula. I got busy and never tested my initial personal batch before it got consumed.

Note that I've derived the "feel good all over" benefit and increased energy/stamina that most here have experienced. It's only been a week since I started, but it's definitely NOT a "placebo" affect.

I decided to double up on the vitamin C powder, figuring more might be better for the immune system. But I was a bit concerned that it might not all get encapsulated. Then, after testing that batch this morning, I'd say I was on track for being 100% successful. Only a few very small bubbles emerged on one edge of the glass measuring cup after waiting 5-minutes.

Now, I've got a concern/question for all the "experts" here:
I'm using NOW brand non GMO lecithin granules and Solaray brand of 5000 mg vitamin C powder. I dissolve the lecithin granules and C separately, blend the 2 of them with a stick blender until foamy before putting them in my USC for 30-35 minutes. The "problem" being every one of my batches looks like scrambled eggs. No separation whatsoever, but none of them has had the "milky" look! Any ideas as to why?

TIA, if anyone can provide an answer!

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join