It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by doubledutch

The one thing I am a little wary off is over doing it, has anyone found any evidence of negative effects of vit c? I have read all 3 threads and have seen nothing so far that had bells ringing. I'm going to continue researching and approach this with caution, so if anyone does have any info on the negatives of this I would like to read it.
You have internet. If you are on ATS, you can access Google. Read up on the side effects of Vitamin C. There is a proven link between cancer and taking excessive amounts of Vitamin C. Do you really think this is normal for your body? There are other negatives that the OP is very interested in suppressing here. How can you even claim you've done any research or ask people for info when you can't even Google? Good God! There are millions of websites. Start with wikipedia. They claim ATS is a refuge from the moronic masses but I really don't know about that anymore

I too, have internet........obviously, and I expanded my research beyond ATS for more clarification of the effects of vitamin C, especially concerning cancer. But I guess because I didn't find this via wikipedia or Google, it doesn't count? o

:
edit on 11-1-2013 by Toots because: quote correction

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

does anyone know how I work out what 2500mg is in ML - or put another way, how many mg to an ml using the given ratios/mixture? sorry if this has been covered!

dd

This metric conversion site should help!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen
Good afternoon Ats,

I just wanted to post what I bought in preperation of making this Liposomal Vit. C.

UltraSonic Cleaner $6.00
Ebay Listing

Soy Lecithin Granules

Ascorbic Acid Powder

So what do you guys think of this setup? Thanks

The ingredients on your bottle of powdered vitamin c should say Vitamin C" and that's all...

This is what I bought. I haveno interest or financial gain here. It's just that it's pure vitamin C.

fonorow.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen
Good afternoon Ats,

I just wanted to post what I bought in preperation of making this Liposomal Vit. C.

UltraSonic Cleaner $6.00
Ebay Listing

Soy Lecithin Granules

Ascorbic Acid Powder

So what do you guys think of this setup? Thanks

The ingredients on your bottle of powdered vitamin c should say Vitamin C" and that's all...

This is what I bought. I haveno interest or financial gain here. It's just that it's pure vitamin C.

fonorow.com...

The ultrasonic cleaner should be a stainless steel tub. I don't think this one is.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by amongus

It's an Ultrasonic Cleaner.
We used to use this to clean watches and jewelry.
btw we used palmolive as the cleaning solution. Works great.

It vibrates the dirt loose.

Warning don't stick your hand inside the solution while the machine is running. The vibrations can be painful.
edit on 1-6-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Sure (well actually I stick my hands in sonicators all the time. but),, we use one in the lab I work in to help break up various compounds in solution by waves caused by vibration. Makes really cool patterns in the water used inside the small tank. While ascorbic acid seems to have a well written track record, it is interesting it is being combined here with lecithin. I have to question whether (how much) any benefit is achieved by this described 'coating'. NOT saying in any way it's not effective, possibly, just wondering about the mechanism simnce vit. C is generally considered to be water soluble. Possibly maybe it's transported by 'fat' AFTER it's broken down in an aqueous solution, sonication MAY indeed somehow help shape the structure of the solution. Or maybe even the choline and inositol or perhaps the B-vitamins etc. (or zinc ect. and minerals in the solid form) maybe make this C much more bio available and active simply by the synergy. Interesting and I would say definately worth adding for trial to an already good suplementaion and work out program.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wealth of information here, thanks to all who have contributed! I don't know if this has been answered yet but has anyone tried placing the solution in a beaker, pouring water in the sonicator/cleaner and placing the beaker in the water? It seems that it should work and you could bypass contact with the metal.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

You might read this PDF file.

Brooks Bradle Liposomal Method

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
Wealth of information here, thanks to all who have contributed! I don't know if this has been answered yet but has anyone tried placing the solution in a beaker, pouring water in the sonicator/cleaner and placing the beaker in the water? It seems that it should work and you could bypass contact with the metal.

I think this would definately be the preferred method, yes.

Often the lab method is to make sure the level in the sonicator is approx. 1 to 3 " depending on vessel size (or not too much so that your vessels don't try and float and tip over). place a beaker or jar etc. down into the vibrating water bath (sonicator) containing the solution so that water goes up the sides of it (but not to far maybe 1/4?) and often allow 10 min or so, depending on results. Sometimes one can put a beaker into the water and then can put a test tube inside the beaker with compound in a solution in the tube for further benefits and secondary shielding.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Tecumte because: correction of text

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

From my understanding. Part of the reason for the lecithin is to coat the C so it makes it intact to the intestines, where the C is then absorbed in a much greater amount than if it only travels to the stomach. I know in this thread there are many discussions on the benefit of the lecithin in making and utilizing the Lipo-C. What I am posting is a very small part of all those discussions. I'm sure others with better ways to explain it, will come and post.

Des

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Tecumte

From my understanding. Part of the reason for the lecithin is to coat the C so it makes it intact to the intestines, where the C is then absorbed in a much greater amount than if it only travels to the stomach. I know in this thread there are many discussions on the benefit of the lecithin in making and utilizing the Lipo-C. What I am posting is a very small part of all those discussions. I'm sure others with better ways to explain it, will come and post.

Des

My guess is that the benefits may derive from multiple sources in this combination (but likely one is the one you describe.) I have to wonder if there is a fat/absorbtion mechanism (from the sonication) that makes this combination more effective than say just taking an oral does of lecithin (which I swear by as helping memory due to the choline/inositol effect on neurotransmitters etc.?) and a good source of C (how abour acerola etc. instead of ascorbic acid???) at the same time (be interesting to compare sonicated values vs non sonicated). On thing one learns from working in a lab though is that some simple things such as sonication, or pH values, or temp. or things one might consider minor can make a huge difference in the effectiveness of any given solution. So many natural molecules so VERY very effective against disease, too bad a system based on profit (for a few) rather than health for the many is the norm. Buyer beware and remember YOU can be your best own doctor ( in many cases of disease) get informed and help spread the word. Still so much to be learned,

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me if you need to have a metal ultrasonic jewellery cleaner. I have a plastic one but it does not say "ultrasonic" on it. It is a battery operated vibrating jewellery cleaner made of plastic, just wondering if this will do the job ? TIA

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Can anyone in the UK point me to a good Liposomal Vit C (spelling) that can be bought online.

Much appreciated...i really want to try this stuff.

Dude TBH i found some stuff but it was extremely expensive, compared to how cheap you could make it. i found like 40 sachets for like 35 quid but TBH you could get 12 times that for 45 quid. If you invest in a cheap cleaner and ascorbic acid and soya lethicin!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
God! why the mods shut down the other thread that would of saved so many people time is beyond me!!! bad moderating IMO. Anyway.

Has anyone tried to make any other forms of vitamins like lypospheric B12 or lypospheric K or D?

I would love to hear from someone who has and the results.

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Hi - what is the reason for not putting the liquid straight into the metal tray? I'm assuming its not good for it to have contact with the metal, but why is this? Every video I've seen they have just popped the liquid straight into the metal tray...

Thanks

edit on 12-1-2013 by Numb3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb3r

I've always put my mixture directly into my metal sonic unit. Never had any problems. Hope that helps.

Des

edit on 12-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Any one experiment with freqency? i have seen 42khz and also 45khz any one got better result from either?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Hi. Mine is 42.

I just did the test with bicarbonate and didn't get very good results, i reckon its just over 50% encapsulation... this may be because I didn't soak the lecethin for very long... I will be experimenting with soaking the lecithin for longer and mixing the vit c in warmer water, also will have a play with how long I blend for...

I guess it's just a case of experimenting...

Have other people tried the bicarb test? What results have you guys had?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hi - ok so today decided to split my dose and have 2 x tbl spoons in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (day 2)

I have been feeling sick since the fiirst dose at 8 this morning, horrible, all I can taste is the lecithin and its horrible! Not anything like the first time I took it last night, it's lingered all day and to be honest I feel sick as hell. not good.

Im going to leave it a day then on Monday try again having 2 x tble spoon in the the am and see how I go

really disappointed I feel so rough today - its really not nice. im thinking it may be the soy lecithin and I might have to switch to sunflower lecithin and see how I go with that... or maybe I just over did it, I have been guffing quite a lot but no diarrhea...

hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I think you pegged it right... you are most likely reacting to the Soy.

I would stop and get the Sunflower.

You very first experience should be a good one.

Also if the lingering taste is really bad for you, chase it with a shot of OJ or grape juice. This will help alot.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numb3r
reply to post by definity

Hi. Mine is 42.

I just did the test with bicarbonate and didn't get very good results, i reckon its just over 50% encapsulation... this may be because I didn't soak the lecethin for very long... I will be experimenting with soaking the lecithin for longer and mixing the vit c in warmer water, also will have a play with how long I blend for...

I guess it's just a case of experimenting...

Have other people tried the bicarb test? What results have you guys had?

How long did you soak it?

I have found that 30 minutes, stirring often - works well for me.

Then blend the crap out of it for several minutes before mixing it with the Vitamin C.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join