It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just updating my experience, I've been taking 4-5 tbsp total in the day consistently since early summer. I still feel the benefits, easier to heal, higher base line energy and willingness to do things. I also believe my resistance to colds are much higher now since taking this. However the real test for me is this week with all the sickness going on. I finally got sick during the evening with my throat hurting, joints feeling bad, stuffy head, etc, all the fun stuff. So the next morning (yesterday) I decided to triple my dose taking 1-2 tbsp every hour instead every 3-4 hours. I believe it is working, and from 9am to 9pm I went from feeling awful to feeling fairly normal only wanting to take a nap every couple hours. Today I feel like I only have a head cold with only wanting to take a nap, but it's encouraging. I feel using the vitamin C has dramatically increased the time it is taking me to heal from this sickness, I would normally expect to feel terrible for a couple days instead of 12hrs.
edit on 18-10-2012 by kuchini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Really?
The ultrasound helps coat the vitamin C with Lecithin.

Someone please explain to me how this jewelry cleaner ultra sound thingy assists
above or beyond a normal chemical reaction.
jewelry cleaner ultra sound thingy

molecular structure of lethicin

vitamin C
edit on 31-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Wow, I really love the mocking, hyper-skeptical call-anything-that-I-don't-personally-understand-into-question attitude of many of the most decibalically-mouthed posters here.

Actually, Professor Boyle, this seems to be based on legitimate principles of chemistry, nutrition, and pharmacology... three subjects which some of us here happen to take a regular interest in.

Down to bare-bones the concept is somewhat simple. The particles of ascorbic acid are supposedly "coated" with the lecithin in the same way one of these devices cleans jewelry. What it does is the ultrasonic waves passing through the liquid create tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bubbles... far smaller than what could be created using other methods. In some cases this means you could achieve an effect with a sonic device like this, which couldn't be achieved otherwise. In other cases, a device like this will just speed the process. These little nano bubbles forming trap particles of ascorbic acid in the lecithin.

Coating one particle with another for increased bioavailability or biological penetration into a particular organ system (like getting certain molecules past the Blood Brain Barrier) is actually a concept / technique already being utilized in pharmacology.

But feel free to keep rolling your eyes and laughing at things you don't bother taking the time to understand, as though they are the misinformed ones.

I mean.... all that reading and checking facts before mocking someone takes time. And clearly, you're a busy person. Lots of posting to do. Lots of eyes to be rolled, and lulz to be lulled, right?

edit on 18-10-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

iwalliam, thanks for the scientific backing with the chemical reaction graph.

I would say that would be an official punk out to Violater1.

Personally, I had already read a few clinical studies floating around so I knew it was legit science. But the kicker was the increase in health, vitality, and general wellness

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Really?
The ultrasound helps coat the vitamin C with Lecithin.

Someone please explain to me how this jewelry cleaner ultra sound thingy assists
above or beyond a normal chemical reaction.
jewelry cleaner ultra sound thingy

molecular structure of lethicin

vitamin C
edit on 31-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Wow, I really love the mocking, hyper-skeptical call-anything-that-I-don't-personally-understand-into-question attitude of many of the most decibalically-mouthed posters here.

Actually, Professor Boyle, this seems to be based on legitimate principles of chemistry, nutrition, and pharmacology... three subjects which some of us here happen to take a regular interest in.

Down to bare-bones the concept is somewhat simple. The particles of ascorbic acid are supposedly "coated" with the lecithin in the same way one of these devices cleans jewelry. What it does is the ultrasonic waves passing through the liquid create tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bubbles... far smaller than what could be created using other methods. In some cases this means you could achieve an effect with a sonic device like this, which couldn't be achieved otherwise. In other cases, a device like this will just speed the process. These little nano bubbles forming trap particles of ascorbic acid in the lecithin.

Coating one particle with another for increased bioavailability or biological penetration into a particular organ system (like getting certain molecules past the Blood Brain Barrier) is actually a concept / technique already being utilized in pharmacology.

But feel free to keep rolling your eyes and laughing at things you don't bother taking the time to understand, as though they are the misinformed ones.

I mean.... all that reading and checking facts before mocking someone takes time. And clearly, you're a busy person. Lots of posting to do. Lots of eyes to be rolled, and lulz to be lulled, right?

To add to this, sonicators (which are larger and better quality versions of the jewellery cleaners mentioned here) are used all the time to help promote anything from solvation to an actual chemical reaction.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Give me one example, a legitimate one, that involves a jewelry vibrator.

Heat, enzyme, surface area.
And please, don't say a vibrator can be a catalyst.

A jewelry vibrator.

P.T. Barnum was right.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure out a way around the soy as I am allergic to soy. Can the soy lecithin be substituted?Any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You like to make trouble just for the fun of it...don't you....

This has been, and still is, a very beneficial thread to a lot of people. You coming in at the end, playing the bully, is not very attractive on your part. But, if that's the only way you can get your jollies...oh well...I feel kinda sorry for you.

Maybe it's a Vit C deficiency on your part...or just plain old lack of manners.

Des

edit on 19-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Give me one example, a legitimate one, that involves a jewelry vibrator.

Heat, enzyme, surface area.
And please, don't say a vibrator can be a catalyst.

A jewelry vibrator.

P.T. Barnum was right.

A jewellery cleaner specifically? No. I can give you plenty that use sonicators, though; they're more or less the same thing, but a bit bigger.

Read this and be enlightened:

www.organic-chemistry.org...

I in fact used a sonicator just the other day in the lab. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a chemist.

edit on 19-10-2012 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
I've been trying to figure out a way around the soy as I am allergic to soy. Can the soy lecithin be substituted?Any suggestions?

Yes, there's sunflower lecithin. It's a liquid, not a granule, but it works great for me. I think there are directions in this thread for using the sunflower lecithin.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Sparky63
I have been making my own since this thread started and while I do believe it is beneficial, I have not seen the amazing claims some have experienced. I seem to have more energy and a higher alertness, but it might be due to the placebo effect.
I haven't experienced and negative effects though.

Thanks for your update. I love reading them. If you've been taking Lipo-C for going on 5 months, and still experiencing your elevated energy and alertness levels, I don't think you can write it off to placebo effect at this late date....JMOHO...

Des

I must admit. I am an eternal skeptic. I have a hard time deciding if any medications, vitamins,...ect. really do anything. I just can't help mentally calculating all the other factors that may be responsible for the slight changes I seem to be experiencing. In fact it bothers me when people are so adamant that a particular treatment or remedy is absolutely effective. My wife swears by certain home remedies and natural cures. That;s why I wondered if the placebo effect is having any bearing on the effectiveness of this liposomal vit C.
I will go off of it when my last jar is finished and let you know if there are any negative effects.

edit on 10/19/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Read this and be enlightened: www.organic-chemistry.org... I in fact used a sonicator just the other day in the lab. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a chemist.

Uh, can we say that Violater1 just got "Served", or is "punked" the better term?

I love it when super hardcore hardlined skeptics get served facts, and then too see them so imprisoned by their stance, they still won't believe it even if all of science agrees on it.

Unless this guy is Big Pharma rep trying to discredit everything that's not gmo or prescription drugs

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i didn't have time to read all 67 pages of this thread so i'm not sure if this is a new suggestion ...
the 'ultrasonic cleaner' effect, could it be made by maybe putting a container with the solution in it on a loudspeaker [stereo or moniter speaker]?

also a tone generator [computer software] could be used for a single frequency
???????????

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I stopped taking this for a while, probably two months after very successful results, with energy, general easy going, good feelings, etc as my posts from many pages back will tell. I stopped because honestly I got tired of making it so often! Lol! I got up to 3 doses of 2 oz per day and was doing great. Just got busy and no time to watch over it :-(
n
There didn't seem to be any negative side effects to stopping, other than after about a week or so I noticed my energy levels going down and getting agitated too easily. I realized that I was going back to the way I was before I began taking the EVC, but was just too busy and too tired to bother.
Well, I haven't been sick with any type of colds, flu... etc for a while. Two weeks ago, I got a terrible sinus infection after a couple of days of a sore throat... then it moved into my chest. I went to the doctor, took the steroid pack... didn't work... went back to Doc, got a couple shots and amoxicillan for another 10 days and told to take that mucinex D that you have to sign for to break up the congestion in my chest. The mucinex d did begin the breakup, but I wasn't getting well. I started getting the sore throat again, and sinus pressure in my face so bad that all my top teeth were killing me and felt as if they would fall out.
So, to get on with it, I made up 3 jars of the EVC and started right back at 3 doses at 2 oz per day and by the 2nd day of taking it, I was probably around 80% better than I was the day before. It really helped me recover and not start the cycle over again. This is what has happened to others who've had the same illness at my workplace where I got it in the first place! They just keep spreading it all around between the co-workers and their family members. We are all drinking it here at my house again, and I feel so much better!! I'll not stop taking it again, the benefits are great for me and it feels wonderful to have the energy again... clearer thinking also. This is an awesome medicine and I know for a fact its not a placebo effect for me. I would recommend this for anyone and everyone to at least try it. It can change your life. Buying the jewelry cleaner is definitely worth the cost for anyone who is wanting to try it. I started with a small $20 one and now have a 10 cup capacity one that runs 8 minutes... it was around $80 on amazon, and I couldn't be happier with it and the EVC. I will not let myself get lazy again about making it! LOL! I learned a good lesson by stopping.

The only side effect I have had is gas. Lol... not pleasant true... haha! But the benefits outweigh that little problem. When I was taking 2 oz only twice a day, this was not an issue. So, maybe I'll drop back down to 2 doses a day since I'm starting over and see if that helps. Will try tomorrow.

All of you skeptics need to just try it for a day, maybe a week depending on your current levels of health and energy etc.. Then after you've tried it, if it didn't work... then its not the thing for you obviously. But that does NOT mean that it hasn't helped lots of others, and for that you should be happy

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Please tell me what ingredients and other things that I will need please. I am in desperate need of some serious help.

Also anything else that has been confirmed by many atsers please ...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hate to burst the bubble, but I would definitely find out in what conditions/persons high levels of vitamin C are contraindicated - it is very good at cleansing the blood, and therefore, will render some medications ineffective, which could do harm to people whose conditions require these medications to survive. I have to think this way, as I take some toxic, yet much needed meds for my kidney transplant that I waited 8 years to get on dialysis and almost wasn't making it there at the end of my wait for my organ.

I am sure there are many versions/opinions on proper dosing, but here is a bit on who should not have a lot of C:
Vitamin C is one of the water-soluble vitamins, meaning it dissolves in water. It is difficult to overdose on water-soluble vitamins since the body tends to flush them away easily.

askville.amazon.com...
...it is possible to overdose on vitamin C. The chronic toxic dose (meaning how much you have to take over a period of time to see negative effects) is more than 2 grams a day. The acute toxic dose is not known. Deaths from vitamin C overdose are very rare, and there may be none recorded.

The possible negative effects of taking too much vitamin C are:
- diarrhea,
- nausea,
- possible dental decalcification (i.e., softening of the teeth),
- increased estrogen levels,
- renal colic (i.e., kidney stones)
- in infants born to women taking high doses, rebound scurvy (where the child was exposed to too much vitamin C from the mother before birth, and so is does not have enough vitamin C after being born.)

Further, vitamin C can interfere with some drug treatments, like cancer treatment.

It is also hard to tell if some of those side effects are when considering "vitamin C" to mean Ascorbic Acid type supplementation - but I do not think all of them are related only to that form.
edit on 29-10-2012 by saintinwaiting because: left something out

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well I started making this stuff about 4 or 5 months ago after reading this entire thread. I take one tablespoon per day. I simply quite my vitamin C in pill form and take this.
I take really good vitamins, eat well and work out so I did not notice any huge difference although I do like vitamins better in liquid form.

My fiancee on the other hand has an extremely persistant form of plantar facia psoriasis. Nobody can find anything to treat it that works well. It is the toughest form of psoriasis you can get. There is no cure. She started taking this with me and I'll be damned if her foot didn't start to clear up. It is not 100% and still she has some brief flare ups. But it is at least 50% to 60% better maybe more.
I was hoping this would help her. After seeing her foot so much better it is actually quite shocking. She has done absolutely nothing different other than take this Vit C concoction. Working better than I had even hoped.
It is continuing to improve BTW. Don't know if it will fully clear up but the difference is astounding. She swears by it now.

edit on 30-10-2012 by sillypicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sillypicker

hey sillypicker,
That's awesome about the psoriasis improvements. Can you keep us updated on how much more she improves over the next few weeks? Would love to hear about an update.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hello Dominicus,

Further on in this thread someone brought up the idea of adding turmeric to the lecithin and Vit. C. One poster found that the turmeric did not dissolve and settled to the bottom. I had this experience with a whole tablespoon, so I've been adding only 1/3 of a teaspoon and with the right amount of shaking, it blends in nicely with the basic mixture, without settling.
Unfortunately, the little bit of turmeric does not improve the taste of the basic mixture, so I add lemon juice and water to make it more palatable.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Bronx1932 because: misspelled poster's name

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Saffff

Thanks for the concentrated recipe Saffff! I made it two days ago with my liquid sunflower lecithin goo. Your recipe uses quite different amounts compared to other recipes. There has been absolutely zero settling or separation. I have taken 10+ grams so far and no disturbances or diarrhea. I'll take even more today. Mixing it into about an ounce of organic orange juice makes it quite palatable. My commercial Lipo-Life C that I just finished suggested mixing in juice, though I am curious about the sugar affecting C thing.

Nothing too noticeable yet. Perhaps mood improvement. I have a progressive neurodegeneration happening they would label progressive multiple sclerosis. I've been in a wheelchair 7+ years. No prescription drugs!

How is your experimentation proceeding?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have been making and taking my own homemade liposomal C for about 2 months now. I used to drink an energy drink just to get through the day, I have not had an energy drink since I started taking this AMAZING stuff. I also have an 87 year old mother whom I used to love to take along on shopping trips and just spending time together in general. The past year or so she has slowed down to the point where we could not even walk from the front of the store to the back and she would have to find a place to sit. Now after taking the liposomal C we hit the road at noon and don't come back till dark. My mother is in excellent health and on no medications. I will tell you that I hate the taste and I am not the type to stick with unpleasant things but this stuff has done some amazing things so I do it every morning! I am researching as fast as I can how to liposomal other compounds. I am making every family member a batch for Christmas. They may not know it yet but it is going to be the best present they ever got!

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join