It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I read the first 13 pages of this thread, but just do not have all day (literally) to read the whole thing.

After reading the first post waaaaay back when, I have wanted to make some LVC. Today I finally gathered all of the materials and made a batch.

What I have looks like cloudy orange juice. It is not as white and milky as a photo I found shows. When I drink it, it has almost no taste, but I can feel the "burn" of the ascorbic acid. Is that normal? Is it not dissolved, or fallen out of suspension?

Also, lecithin is a pain in the butt to clean!!! Any tips on getting it out of my blender, jewelry cleaner, and utensils?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goldylocks

Hawkiye,

I may try the sunflowr lecithin before I give up. Is there a huge difference in taste or is it about the same as the soy

I don't know I never tried the soy. But it does not taste good I can tell you that. I also drink apple cider vinegar to keep my body alkaline and it does not taste as bad as the vinegar if that helps any. You get used to it pretty quick its not that bad.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Sounds to me like you did not blend it well and or stir it well while in the jewelry cleaner? It should look like it is supposed to after blending it and if you keep it stirred well in the jewelry cleaner until the foam is completely gone it should be a milky tan color with no chunks.

You should not have left over lecithin in the cleaner. You might have a tad in the blender that sticks to the sides but not much. Are you using soy or sunflower?

To clean the blender soak it in hot water and a little dish soap for a while and then scrub it out and put in the dishwasher. I just fill it up and set it on the counter for a while.

edit on 23-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
I read the first 13 pages of this thread, but just do not have all day (literally) to read the whole thing.

After reading the first post waaaaay back when, I have wanted to make some LVC. Today I finally gathered all of the materials and made a batch.

What I have looks like cloudy orange juice. It is not as white and milky as a photo I found shows. When I drink it, it has almost no taste, but I can feel the "burn" of the ascorbic acid. Is that normal? Is it not dissolved, or fallen out of suspension?

Also, lecithin is a pain in the butt to clean!!! Any tips on getting it out of my blender, jewelry cleaner, and utensils?

Sounds like you may not have soaked it long enough before putting it in the blender?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its hard to get the slimy consistency. any tips?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I too just made my first batch yesterday. I have a 1.6 litre Ultrasonic cleaner, so I made a 1.5lt batch. I tried a smaller batch using a beaker in a basket surrounded by tap water, but my gut feeling is this needs to go straight into the tank. Anyhow, the one thing I did that I haven't noticed anyone else do is to run the lecithin in a spice grinder first. This turns it into a fine powder & it dissolves very easily in the blender. Everything else I just followed the procedure & it turned out perfect.

I started taking it yesterday & at the same time I'm coming down with a cold/throat thingy, it seems to be holding the symptoms from progressing as I would usually expect them to. Let the experiment continue......

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm late in the game but I finally jumped on the bandwagon and ordered all my stuff yesterday. I live in the boonies so almost everything required is difficult to find around here. I hope my order arrives before the end of the week.

Anyway, I have fibromyalgia that I control with diet. I don't take the meds anymore... they made it worse. I still get the odd flare up, especially in winter and with the temps dropping, I need all the help I can get and I'm hoping this is the extra little bump it takes to help me this winter. I'll be making liposomal glutathione as well. I'm also a student and spend many hours studying so I need to be alert as possible and can't handle anymore than one cup of a coffee a day so if this works for me, it will be a godsend.

Will update when I get started!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

If you have fibromyalgia you should read this;Walter Last - Borax

Tha article does a good job explaining the repercussions of yet another apparently insignificant mineral, Boron, (according to conventional medicine) & it's effect on some pretty chronic conditions when re-introduced in to the diet by ingesting Borax, which contains boron. Personally I've just decided to get some chelated boron instead of ingesting borax.

Chelated Boron

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Its hard to get the slimy consistency. any tips?

Just make sure you are blending it well and stirring until the foam is all gone. Blending properly gets the right consistency stirring while in the UJC keeps that consistency till it is ready.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

You know, I haven't had any problem with lecithin and cleaning. My lecithin washes out easily. I use non-GMO lecithin by NOW brand, which you can find at iherb.com.

I soak the lecithin and vitamin C overnight in a cup of water each before blending together. Then I zap the mixture in my cleaner numerous times until the foam is gone. I have a good, clean mixture that lasts a good week in the fridge.

Maybe soaking your lecithin before using it will help with your clean up. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
keeping dibbs on this thread as I have had a wicked nasty chest infection for two weeks now.
2nd

there is a test with baking soda to see how well the finished batch turned out,
it is done with baking soda,do you have any idea how that test is done,it gives a percentage of encapsulation,

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Made my first batch today! I took a couple tablespoons of it not too long ago so we'll so how it goes! The process went well. I followed the recipe to a T and it looks like it's supposed to. I plan on making glutathione, as well, but that's tomorrow's project.

I've recently given up coffee so if this helps me to be more alert without caffeine, I'll be thrilled! I'm really hoping my joints benefit from this more than anything. I'm 36 and have days that I walk like my 73 year old grandmother. Will follow up soon...
edit on 10/4/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

Thanks for that! I'll check it out. With winter coming up, I need all the help I can get!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A co-worker any I made a batch of this at work. Been taking it for the last 2 weeks and she is sick, has been all week. I do notice an increase in my energy as well as an improvement in my vision. Going to make a batch again this weekend. I have also been taking lots of D-3 (20,000 I.U's) and K2. Feeling pretty good.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
...if you don't have a "sonic cleaner" or don't have the time in your busy day to cook up a batch.....
just mail $9.99 plus shipping and handling and we will send you a full 2 month supply of this wonder all natural life saving product...your hair will look 30 years younger and your friend's wive's won't be able to stop touching you.
Act now....before cynics like this guy show up to say..."sick 80yr old grandma mows 40acres in 2 hours! wow! where can I get some of this!?"

Beat on the guy who said this sounds like an infomercial.......but it sure does.

Yes, because clearly every infomercial I've ever seen instructs you step-by-step how to create the product they're trying to sell you from cheap, common, available-almost-anywhere components.

I mean... they do that ALL the time, right?

I also have to say I wish mods would be more considerate of how they chop other peoples' posts. The original post in this thread that describes how to make the stuff was cut off at just such a point that looked as though the instructions were complete, but were not. An additional few lines would have completed the instruction.

This site's policy on off-site content is ridiculous, IMO, and is sometimes enforced in dumb ways.
edit on 18-10-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Update Report:

Taking Lipo-C has been integrated into my daily life for about 4 and a half months now. I don't even really think about it...I just do it. The one and only time I ran out for a few days, were so totally different from when I do take it, I never want to be caught without all ingredients to make it. I went back in a short few days to being lethargic, foggy brained, and achy.

What a difference Lipo-C has made in my 62 year old body and mind. I lost about 20 lbs without even thinking about it, and have stayed leveled off at 110 lbs, At 5ft tall, that's just about right for me. I have the energy levels I had 20 years ago...everyday. I sleep better now. I no longer take HTP-5 for depression, nor Melatonin for sleeping. The texture of my hair is greatly improved, and it grows so damn fast now, I have to trim it monthly. It's no longer the course hair of an old Lady. Skin elasticity and texture majorly improved, lines and wrinkles can barely see them now.

I can honestly say, Lipo-C is as close to an anti-aging natural substance, as I've ever seen. I truly hope, those taking it, are having similar results. If you are thinking of trying to make your own, I do recommend you take the time to read this whole thread, and follow the directions to a T.

Best of Luck to All....

Des

edit on 18-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Update Report:

Taking Lipo-C has been integrated into my daily life for about 4 and a half months now. I don't even really think about it...I just do it. The one and only time I ran out for a few days, were so totally different from when I do take it, I never want to be caught without all ingredients to make it. I went back in a short few days to being lethargic, foggy brained, and achy.

What a difference Lipo-C has made in my 62 year old body and mind. I lost about 20 lbs without even thinking about it, and have stayed leveled off at 110 lbs, At 5ft tall, that's just about right for me. I have the energy levels I had 20 years ago...everyday. I sleep better now. I no longer take HTP-5 for depression, nor Melatonin for sleeping. The texture of my hair is greatly improved, and it grows so damn fast now, I have to trim it monthly. It's no longer the course hair of an old Lady. Skin elasticity and texture majorly improved, lines and wrinkles can barely see them now.

I can honestly say, Lipo-C is as close to an anti-aging natural substance, as I've ever seen. I truly hope, those taking it, are having similar results. If you are thinking of trying to make your own, I do recommend you take the time to read this whole thread, and follow the directions to a T.

Best of Luck to All....

Des

edit on 18-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Now THIS is promising! Makes me want to go home and take mine right now. Good for you.

edit on 18-10-2012 by butterfly1 because: Still learning...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have been making my own since this thread started and while I do believe it is beneficial, I have not seen the amazing claims some have experienced. I seem to have more energy and a higher alertness, but it might be due to the placebo effect.
I haven't experienced and negative effects though.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butterfly1

When I'm at craft shows on weekends, I always take a dose with me in a small jar. I take mine, 2 doses a day, split up as first one upon waking, second around 2:00 in the afternoon, so it doesn't keep me up late at night. I'm a night owl already, I don't need the extra boost in energy at night. It was trial and error to get my perfect schedule, for keeping up a pretty brisk pace making product to sell on weekends. Good luck in finding what works for you....

Des

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I have been making my own since this thread started and while I do believe it is beneficial, I have not seen the amazing claims some have experienced. I seem to have more energy and a higher alertness, but it might be due to the placebo effect.
I haven't experienced and negative effects though.

Thanks for your update. I love reading them. If you've been taking Lipo-C for going on 5 months, and still experiencing your elevated energy and alertness levels, I don't think you can write it off to placebo effect at this late date....JMOHO...

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join