It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Vit-c is sensitive against metal try to avoid touching it with metal spoon.The meeting with the metal plated cleaner will just be enough already.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why can't you just mix the ascorbic acid with lecithin in your stomach. They hydrochloric acid there would do a find job.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I'm not seeing how stomach acid would coax the lecithin molecules to absorb the ascorbic acid molecules.

My understanding (simplified) is that the body expects Vitamin C to be "hidden" inside food, it doesn't know what to do with pure exposed ascorbic acid in the digestive tract because such a thing would never be found in nature. So it tries to expel it instead of absorbing it. By "hiding" the ascorbic acid inside the lecithin, the body doesn't realize there's ascorbic acid until it gets into the bloodstream, at which point our cells and organs get a pleasant surprise!

edit on 16-7-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
On a similar note, I'm not quite sure that we "must" use lecithin at all...theoretically we should be able to use any sort of healthy fat; milk, eggs, coconut or olive oil, perhaps even fish oil.

The advantages of lecithin, however, are as follows:

-Lecithin is an emulsifier (allows oil and water to mix), but plain fat would refuse to mix in with the water and instead float around in little droplets...this would make it a lot harder to get the ascorbic acid to encapsulate. However, milk and eggs contain natural emulsifiers and should work similarly to lecithin...just messier. I'm not sure whether encapsulating all the additional compounds and nutrients in milk or eggs would be a bad or good thing for the body, however. Probably best to keep it simple.

-The choline and inositol in lecithin, while not essential nutrients by definition (the body can make them, but with a modern diet the body will not usually make enoughof them) have their own benefits for cognition and memory, possibly these benefits are increased by synergy with the ascorbic acid but I don't know of any particular mechanism by which this would be the case.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Reading the progression of this thread has been quite interesting!

Just thought I'd throw this out there.... Chemistry is a precise endeavor and not at all like cooking. Substitutions, omissions, or temperature fluctuations in the kitchen are relatively forgiving and sometimes welcome. But if you are in the "lab", if all things are not specific, measured, and ridiculously clean, the end product could be something that varies greatly and may not even be what you want.

Also, I wonder how many economists have noticed the totally odd and inexplicable upsurge in jewelry cleaner sales. Certainly the maker has!

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add stuff

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl
reply to post by earthdude

I'm not seeing how stomach acid would coax the lecithin molecules to absorb the ascorbic acid molecules.

My understanding (simplified) is that the body expects Vitamin C to be "hidden" inside food, it doesn't know what to do with pure exposed ascorbic acid in the digestive tract because such a thing would never be found in nature. So it tries to expel it instead of absorbing it. By "hiding" the ascorbic acid inside the lecithin, the body doesn't realize there's ascorbic acid until it gets into the bloodstream, at which point our cells and organs get a pleasant surprise!

edit on 16-7-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

This sounds great in theory. I think I'll try it. There are ultrasonic mixers that operate on a different frequency. These may work better.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In my continued quest for some ready-made Lipo-C, I've found this:

www.ebay.co.uk... 62d21dc

It sounds good, it's vegetarian (as am I), is sugar free and uses sunflower lecithin.

The blurb says that one 4ml spoonful a day provides 1000mg of vitamin C. How does this compare to the amount of vitamin C that people taking their homemade brew get a day?

Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tiredandold

I am not sure how it compares in terms of delivery and availability but I did a quick comparison in price on the previous page in this thread. Go take a look for reference.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sorry I have been M.I.A. but here is my dad’s update:
This past Wednesday, we went up to Houston to have a followup visit at MD Anderson Cancer Center. My dad went through another round of bloodwork tests, xrays w Barium contrast, and CT scans of his thoracic and pelvic region.
The head Genitourinary oncologist is the physician who sees my dad when we are up there, and he told us that the Torisel treatment is working very well against his renal cancer. The tumor infiltrating the left kidney has shrunk a bit but the physiology has changed significantly. Comparison of CT scans from April and Thursday identified an obvious physiological change in density and mass composition of the tumor in the left kidney. No spreading of the cancer was found.
Whereas it was a solid tumor with clear outline has now changed into a more malleable, almost jelly like composition of the tumor. The change in its appearance and density indicates that the mTOR inhibitor known as Torisel is starving the tumor of new blood supply, known as angiogenesis.
The tumor on his right adrenal gland has exhibited similar change in physiology. The only concern I had was the effect that the cancer has had on the 9th left rib. The report indicated a multi-level degenerative process that is releasing calcium from the bone and into the blood. However, the physician was very happy with my dad’s progress. He indicated that sometime in the next 12 months, exicision of the left kidney would have to be performed.
This is where is sort of gets interesting concerning the Liposomal Vitamin C. I asked him if he had ever read about Lip Vit C and the published cases of people using it along with other natural supplements to have cured their cancer. He admitted that he had never heard of the Liposomal Vitamin C therapy. I spoke with him for a good 10 minutes about the science behind it and the published articles that prove the efficacy of the Vitamin C form to increase the bioavailability in the blood. He asked me to email all the information I have read, and implored my father to take the Lip Vit C, as it would have no negative effect on his Torisel treatment.
My dad stopped drinking the Vitamin C concoction I prepared for him because he said he couldn’t stand the horrible taste of it. I have refused to allow him to mix it with any sugar or honey as I am suspect of the sugar decreasing the bioavailability in the small intestine. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I have thought of mixing it with a protein shake( 1banana, whey protein powder, Lip Vit C) if it will get him to drink it.
The only suggestion I made to the oncologist was to monitor my dad’s lipid levels since he will be taking the Lip Vit C mixture again. He agreed and said he would recommend the monitoring to my dad’s oncologist back home.
My mom, dad, and brother told me afterwards that they were in shock that the oncologist had never heard of Liposomal Vitamin C therapy and that they were very grateful I was there to speak on their behalf with the oncologist.
They knew I have always loved Chemistry and the Biomedical sciences, but now they have a greater appreciation for my knowledge. It’s a big relief to know that my dad’s condition is improving, and can only hope to get input from you all regarding the issue of the mixture tasting ugly to him.
Thanks for reading and hope everyone is doing well.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mtiger92

I'm so glad to hear of your Father's update. Things seems to be heading in the right direction for his improving health.

I've been on the Lipo-C for approx 6 weeks now. What a vast improvement it's been to my life. And, I too, have had serious issues with the taste. I use the original formula posted here in the beginning of the thread. One thing I've found is that natural lemon helps a lot. The essential oils in lemon cut the fatty texture left in my mouth from the lecithin. I make a strong lemonade using whole lemons. Squeeze the lemons into a juice container, sweeten with stevia or honey. After you make the lemonade, squeeze the lemon halves real good over the drink container, then plop the squeezed lemon peels into the jar. This process utilizes all of the natural oils in the lemons. It's the oils that does it's magic in cutting the lecithin taste. ALSO, and this is the biggie, tell your Father to hold his breath while downing the Lipo-C as fast as he can, and take a big swig of the lemonade IMMEDIATELY after the C, still holding his breath if he can. With practice he will be able to shoot both liquids rapidly, while holding one breath. I do it this way, and have achieved the art of no after taste at all. I'm sure other people will chime in with what works for them. I hope your Father finds a solution he can live with.

It's wonderful to see the Love you have for your Father. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I posted a while back about why was everyone so worried about acid and Vitamin C and I said I hadn't seen where Linus Pauling, Cathcart, Klenner or any of the "Big" C researchers were worried about ascorbic acid making you body acidic.
Well I was wrong!
Linus Pauling added bicarbonate of (baking) soda to ascorbic acid to make an effervescent drink. How to Live Longer and Feel Better (Pauling, 1986).
So yes, Pauling was evidently concerned about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
I posted a while back about why was everyone so worried about acid and Vitamin C and I said I hadn't seen where Linus Pauling, Cathcart, Klenner or any of the "Big" C researchers were worried about ascorbic acid making you body acidic.
Well I was wrong!
Linus Pauling added bicarbonate of (baking) soda to ascorbic acid to make an effervescent drink. How to Live Longer and Feel Better (Pauling, 1986).
So yes, Pauling was evidently concerned about it.
@ Destinyone, thanks for the well wishes. And thanks for the advice regarding the lemonade idea. Will try it out.

Sabreblade, I will research the bicarb issue some more. While the human body is an amazing buffer system itself, common sense would conclude that too much of a good thing can in theory be bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have been making with 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda and it really helps the taste considerably.
I havn`t noticed any difference in its effects.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alltogethernow
I have been making with 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda and it really helps the taste considerably.
is that 1/2 tsp per Megamind's recipe or 1/2 tsp per dose? Trying to figure out how much to add per Megamind's recipe

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtiger92

is that 1/2 tsp per Megamind's recipe or 1/2 tsp per dose? Trying to figure out how much to add per Megamind's recipe

Thatsa 1/2 tsp per batch, I did a full tsp once it was good also.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtiger92

Thatsa 1/2 tsp per batch, I did a full tsp once it was good also.
Thanks for the info, will do it with next batch.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
im gathering all i need to give this a go, I have one question is this what im looking for ? Ebay, I did find OxyMin Brand buts its expensive.

And i hope i have the right Lecithin I got it from Macro Cereal Granules Lecithin from Woolworths

note: i will re read this thread all the way through again before i start

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 25/7/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
well since no one answered my question i have gone with the OxyMin brand.
as i wasnt sure if L-ASCORBATE IS THE SAME AS ASCORBIC ACID?.

Note: im making the second recipe from the OP's link with the mckenzies aluminium free Bi-Carb soda

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 26/7/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Alright, here is my story. I was taking the liposomal for about two weeks and I felt amazing! The big difference I was able to see was motivation and organization. I was able to focus better and just had an overall good feeling. Then I went TDY to Chester, VA. I was going to take my supplies with me but I wanted to test how I was going to feel without it. At first I couldn't tell a difference, everything was the same or so I thought. I didn't recognize that I was becoming lazy and unorganized again. Chalk it up to me telling myself that I was becoming that way because I wasn't taking the supplement if you want. I am making a batch and I am going to start up again tomorrow, I was too lazy to make a batch last week, even though I only thought about it once. I will update at the end of this week if my organization skills come back on their own, I won't let myself do it just because my brain is telling me the Vitamin C is making me that way.

Horn

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm all new to this and plan to make my own lipo-C so I have some questions left unanswered :
1) does the ultrasonic cleaner frequency matters? 42khz seems to be common however I saw a cleaner at 45khz, is it better or worse?
2) which do you use, ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate? Livon labs use sodium ascorbate, most of websites telling you how to make your lipo-C talks about ascorbic acid, which one is more potent?
thank you in advance for support

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join