It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

I use boiling water to dissolve my vitamin C....it dissolves almost instantly,

You're going to get jumped on for that.
VitC is apparently damaged above 70C or so.
Better to let your boiling water cool for a bit before dumping the AA in there.
Incidentally, AA dissolves within seconds in room temp water

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have used this off and on since the original formula was posted on this thread. I can't say that I have experienced the drastic effects that others have testified to, but I did note some minor benefits. Whether or not these can be attributed to the Vit C,.. who knows? I am an eternal skeptic so I have to reserve judgment for now. I have 4 more batches in my fridge to use up. If I run any marathons or decide to climb Mt Everest I'll let you know.

It could be that I don't see any big changes because I am a pretty healthy person anyway. I have never once in my life had to call in sick to work. I am 49 and haven't been to A Dr in at least a decade, except for a checkup now and then.
My wife however is not very healthy, she would probably benefit greatly from this concoction but she refuses to even sample it. She is notoriously suspicious of any of my projects except for my homemade wine.

This has been an interesting thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I found these online and wondered if they'd have a similar effect.

www.healthspan.co.uk...

Ester-C 1,000mg

This patented form of Vitamin C is a non-acidic 'stomach-friendly' form which is easily absorbed by your body to give higher levels of Vitamin C.

The traditional and most economical Vitamin C is called ascorbic acid, but because it is in an acidic form, it may trigger discomfort in people with sensitive stomachs.

Ester-C is often described as 'body-ready' because it has the additional benefit of entering the blood stream more quickly than normal Vitamin C, producing higher Vitamin C levels inside cells, and staying in the body for longer.

At £11.95 for 90 tablets they're a lot cheaper than any ready-made liposomal vitamin C I've seen.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiredandold

www.healthspan.co.uk...

At £11.95 for 90 tablets they're a lot cheaper than any ready-made liposomal vitamin C I've seen.

That's about 13p per gram of C.
Since ascorbic acid is around 10 quid per kilo, the homemade lipoC costs about 1p per gram of C (for the C).

so for the vitC content, it's 13x more expensive to take the ester c product you sourced.

With this brew, you are also getting a similar amount of lecithin, which is in itself quite a wonderful supplement, especially for mental clarity etc.

Your post prompted me to work out the cost of the brew.

Sunflower Lecithin which is IMO better than the soy product for a variety of reasons, costs about 30 quid per kilo.
Water is free or negligible depending on how you source it.
The USC is a one-off, and doubles as a jewellery and electronics cleaner
so I don't count it as part of the cost of the product.

So when I make one liter of brew, I use 30g of C and 50g of SFL, total cost: 180p. That gives me 30g of vitC which being liposomal (allegedly!) makes it more bio-available.

Even side by side, the brew costs only 6p per gram of C, and you get the added adsorption plus the wonderful lecithin. It's still half the cost of the Ester-C

edit on 10-7-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiredandold

www.healthspan.co.uk...

Ester-C 1,000mg

This patented form of Vitamin C is a non-acidic 'stomach-friendly' form which is easily absorbed by your body to give higher levels of Vitamin C.

The traditional and most economical Vitamin C is called ascorbic acid, but because it is in an acidic form, it may trigger discomfort in people with sensitive stomachs.

Ester-C is often described as 'body-ready' because it has the additional benefit of entering the blood stream more quickly than normal Vitamin C, producing higher Vitamin C levels inside cells, and staying in the body for longer.

Seems a bit pointless. I did a bit of Googling and not only is that name incredibly misleading, the only real benefit that you get from Ester-C is that it has increased bio-availability and biological half life. By encapsulating the ascorbic acid or ascorbate salt in the lecithin, you would (in theory) achieve the same or better result in terms of bio-availability, since increasing lipophilicity promotes passive diffusion in the small intestine (a major site for oral drug absorption).

A bit more Googling also revelled this:

Ascorbate and vitamin C metabolites

One supplement, Ester-C®, contains mainly calcium ascorbate but also contains small amounts of the vitamin C metabolites dehydroascorbate (oxidized ascorbic acid), calcium threonate, and trace levels of xylonate and lyxonate. Although the metabolites are supposed to increase the bioavailability of vitamin C, the only published study in humans addressing this issue found no difference between Ester-C® and commercially available ascorbic acid tablets with respect to the absorption and urinary excretion of vitamin C (102). Ester-C® should not be confused with ascorbyl palmitate, which is also marketed as "vitamin C ester" (see below).

From here: lpi.oregonstate.edu...

To put it more simply, what the above is saying is that the Ester-C formulation contains a calcium ascorbate salt as well as a bunch of decomposed byproducts of vitamin C. Essentially, it's just an expensive bottle of bad chemistry. Don't waste your money. If you're against the lipo-C stuff in this thread and still want a supplement, you're better off with the regular ol' orange flavored pills.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Glad to see everyone is still going strong

well ive been going for a month or so now, i too wondered about the "addictive" effect, however i noticed a bit over a week ago i was actually forgetting to take my dosages! so im guessing the feeling of addictivness is perhaps the body craving a backlog of what it needs?
I also stopped taking it for 4 days last week and for the first 3 days i noticed no change and i still felt good, on the 4th day i woke up feeling like excreted matter, lethargic and just resless again, since then, ive only been taking 2 tablespoons every couple of days. i still feel great!

now the cost, the whole ingredients cost me $68 (aussie) that was for a 500g tub of AA powder, the 500g of lecitin granules and the 5 litres of distilled (purified water).

now with all of those ingredients, i can make roughly 25 jars,
now each jar lasts just on 7-9 days total of 18 servings (1 tablespoon per serve), so 25 jars is 25 weeks (roughly), thats 3 months of supply for $68. or near (as the water runs out however that is only $4 for 4 litres) so it works out roughly that each jar costs me $2.72 or $ 0.15 (cents) per serve.
and that supply covers my partner and my self.

and it works, sure, the chewable vitamin c works too, however i had to take 2000-3000mg a day to get a noticable effect, and get the toilet trips that come with it. i prefer the LET way, cheaper, more effective and instant results (my personal experience).

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not against the lipo-c at all, far from it. As I said in an earlier post, I don't really feel up to making my own at the moment and have been looking around for some ready-made stuff. I just wondered if the Ester-C was a viable alternative. Looks like it isn't.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Funny thing is that people are already mixing boiling water and room temp water, which is certainly above the temp. you gave.

It apparently isn't damaging it. I mean, my gosh, on the way to my doorstep if I were to order some, it would be above that temperature in many places on the UPS truck or whatever.

I realize I am only making it worse...but by how much? How much is kept intact and how much is destroyed? Is it trivial?

I figured I'd try and see what happened instead of assuming it would ruin it. Well, I tried. It's good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I think you are missing a conversion, 70 degree's celsius is the breakdown point he is talking about as water boils at 100 degrees celsius, so the farenheit measurement for 70C would be 158F.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Hey bro', I think Alan is right and you're mixing up F and C.

Room temp is usually around 19C to 28C depending on how you like your air con
, so mixing 100C with 20C would give you around 60C if volumes are equal, which is below the vitC threshhold of 70C

Bit more info, just for interest:
Body temp is 35C-37C, if it were 70C+ in the UPS truck the UPS man would be dead before he got to your house

The average sauna is set to around 70C at around 5-10% humidity. Above 35C humidity is really important, and no-one can survive in temps exceeding max body temp (44C) at 100% humidity for more than a few hours (South African gold mining experience
) First you get heat stroke and go crazy, then you drop into a coma and die!

Anyhow, there were quite a few posts some pages back about important temps for vitC.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Hey bro', I think Alan is right and you're mixing up F and C.

Room temp is usually around 19C to 28C depending on how you like your air con
, so mixing 100C with 20C would give you around 60C if volumes are equal, which is below the vitC threshhold of 70C

Bit more info, just for interest:
Body temp is 35C-37C, if it were 70C+ in the UPS truck the UPS man would be dead before he got to your house

The average sauna is set to around 70C at around 5-10% humidity. Above 35C humidity is really important, and no-one can survive in temps exceeding max body temp (44C) at 100% humidity for more than a few hours (South African gold mining experience
) First you get heat stroke and go crazy, then you drop into a coma and die!

Anyhow, there were quite a few posts some pages back about important temps for vitC.

I think it's safe to say that if the truck were 70oC that the truck is actually a sauna and the delivery man has absolutely no intention of going to your house in the first place.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Oh, thank you for clearing that up. Right. OK. Well, that could be why my mixture stays intact and fine, as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody really knows what damage is done, just that some is. Is it maybe 1% over 10 minutes? 10% over 1 minute? 100% over 1 second? (Certainly not the last.)

Anyway. I can't offer the data on vitamin C degradation at various temperatures. My experience, which I understand is only worth something to me, tells me that it's okay to use boiling water for both. I just try to keep things simple. Everyone can say I'm wrong; that's fine. Maybe next time I'll use room temp water, but I notice no difference.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just wanted to chime in with a comparison to the Lipo C packets on Amazon. I bought a pack of 30 to get me started. When I ran out, I bought the stuff to make my own. I got the stuff in last night and made my first batch. Here is the recipe I used that was posted by Megamind:

I measured 3 level tablespoons of granular Lecithin and mixed it with a spoon in one cup of warm distilled water ...

Let the lecithin soak for at least 30 minutes ...

Then I measured 1 level tablespoon of vitamin C powder and mixed it with a spoon into 1 cup of distilled water dissolving it completely ...

Then I took the lecithin solution and put it in a blender on high for 1 minute ...

Next I poured the vitamin C solution into the blender and blended on high for 20 seconds ...

Finally I poured the mixture into my stainless steel jewelry cleaner (from Harbor Freight Tools) and ran the cycles, stirring frequently, until all the foam was gone (long time 30+ minutes) ...

My mixture looks nice and clear like those posted.

Now on to the comparison. The packets are a very thick mixture and have an egg yolk appearance. I was able to add a little milk and raw natural honey to kill the taste. There was no noticable aftertaste. The homemade mixture was thin and waterlike. The taste (although both are vile to me) was noticably different. The homemade mixture had a long standing aftertaste. The milk and honey did not kill the taste whatsoever.

I was curious what could account for the difference in taste. I like the idea of the homemade version for obvious reasons which would be the cost. As far as effects, my 2 hour headache went away within 30 minutes of taking last nights dose. I will have to give it a few more days to see if it helps with energy. I have been sick for a long time, so I don't expect immediate results, but any little bit of improvement in energy will be great.

Has anyone figured out a good recipe to totally mask the taste. Also, what is the maxium daily dosage people are using. I am also wondering if changing to the sunflower lechitin would help with the taste.

Thanks for any help offered.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
... but I notice no difference.

That's all that matters bro'

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldylocks

Has anyone figured out a good recipe to totally mask the taste. Also, what is the maxium daily dosage people are using. I am also wondering if changing to the sunflower lechitin would help with the taste.

Thanks for any help offered.

My last batch I added honey (local) and pure vanilla powder, and also a few drops of real strawberry essence. It really doesn't help

The best thing I found so far is a teaspoon of blended ginger root/lemon juice/honey just after the shot. This works about 90%
It's also a wonderful digestive, circulation enhancer, anti-oxidant yada yada, and it just leaves the mouth feeling really 'perky'

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Using baking soda to turn the ascorbic acid into sodium ascorbate makes it much more neutral and tolerable. This is how I made the last few batches, and it seems to work as well as before, maybe even better. I added 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda to the ascorbic acid solution, before blending with the lecithin. It tasted so much better straight up, and is actually tasty with lots of vanilla and a tiny little bit of stevia. Tastes good enough to slam down an extra shot - that could be why it's working better!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I put a thermometer in my lipo-C mixture immediately after its stint in the ultrasonic cleaner, and it topped out at about 103 F. Does this imply that I'm destroying the abscorbic acid and making the whole thing useless (except for the benefits of lecithin alone I suppose)? Do I need to make sure the mixture is at a colder temperature before putting it in the cleaner to ensure that it doesn't heat up as much, or will it probably heat up about the same either way? Confused and concerned. I've been seeing minor health benefits but nothing as dramatic as most of the experiences in this thread, so maybe this is why I'm not getting a significant benefit

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just thought I'd chime in here.... After reading through 62 pages here and while doing some research of my own, I found another firm that makes both Liposomal C as well as Liposomal Glutathione.

Life Xtend Labs

I can't vouch for them as I haven't tried any of their products. I have however, made some for myself following the main recipe on here and the stuff is really foul tasting.

The Life Xtend product has added: Ethyl Alcohol, Peach Passion Flavoring, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Flavors and Stevia.

So, for those willing to try, I really don't think you could make our original recipe taste any worse than it already does.

I'm anxious to see if I can tell a difference from the Liposomal C. I already take a LOT of physician directed supplements and medicine along with routine blood tests due to recovering from a year of chemo therapy that left me deficient in vitamin D, cortisol, low T3, low in testosterone, etc... Adrenal fatigue and deficient thyroid production. My daily regime includes 3gm of buffered C (which I added another 3 gm of Ester C - Just because I bought it by mistake). So, I'll be taking roughly 6gm orally in addition to the Liposomal C. Of which, I'm planning 4 Tbsp daily for now.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chericher
reply to post by RogerT3

Using baking soda to turn the ascorbic acid into sodium ascorbate makes it much more neutral and tolerable. This is how I made the last few batches, and it seems to work as well as before, maybe even better. I added 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda to the ascorbic acid solution, before blending with the lecithin. It tasted so much better straight up, and is actually tasty with lots of vanilla and a tiny little bit of stevia. Tastes good enough to slam down an extra shot - that could be why it's working better!

Thanks for the info. I want to try this recipe. What brand of baking soda is best to use?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmysinger

Thanks for the link about the company carrying the Liposomal VitC concoction. Their $44 bottle would last 1 month if taken twice daily, as suggested. Compare to the hand-made solution which would last approx 3 months for the full bottle of Lecithin and Vit-C granules. Most paid approx $65 for all the products, including the jewelry cleaner, so cost is approx $22/month for the 1st go around. If you factor out the jewelry cleaner for month 4-6 and onwards, since you wouldn't need it, the cost drops to approx $12/month for the homemade solution.

Not bad either way, homemade or ready made. Some folks just don't have the time nor energy to do homemade stuff.

Great find.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join