It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh crap, just lost my entire post so will start all over again :damn:

Theory
1. excess water is better than insufficient water
2. excess lecithin is better than insufficient lecithin
3. warm is better than cold
4. using weights instead of volumes should be more reproducible and accurate
5. mixing by weight instead of volume

I also went to metric (sorry US folks) as the Imperial system and counting in spoons, cups,12s and 16s does my head in

Quantities
7g Ascorbic Acid powder in 150ml of cold RO water (that's about half a tbl sp in 2/3 cup)
21g Lecithin granules in 150ml of hot (just off the boil) water. (so 3:1 by weight)

Method
Lecithin mix was blended with 700W hand held blender (more efficient than a table top blender) for 60s. It made a very smooth milky creamy mixture.
Acid mix was shaken until all AA was dissolved
Both mixes added together and blended for another 60s
250ml into USC, 50ml kept in glass jar as control

pH taken at most points, see results below

USC ran for 5 minutes on 50W power.
It then needs about 5 mins to cool down or it won't start up again (must have heat cut off)
pH tested and another 5 mins of US treatment, followed by cool down and a final 5 mins.

Results

pH of Lecithin mix: 6.2
pH of AA mix: 2.7 (5% mix of AA would be around 2.2 ish, lemon juice pH is around 2.0)
pH of both together: 3.2

pH after 5 mins: 3.3
pH after 10 mins: 3.3
pH after 15 mins: 3.4

pH of control after 10 and 15 mins: 3.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pix of the mixture showing foam:

Initially

after 5 mins USC

after 5 mins standing

after 15 mins USC

As you can see, the foam does subside by itself as the mixture stands, the control also lost ALL it's foam. I am not convinced the foam is a marker of anything!

Bicarb test

I ran the bicarb test on both the USC treated mix and the control. Both fizzed up about a couple of inches of foam which subsides in less than a minute. The control actually produced less foam!

So what do you guys make of all that - looks like my US cleaner is US !
edit on 9-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

ETA: took another ounce just for fun, so have had 10 ounces today. no runny bottom since a bit of looseness this morning.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

I am used to taking 5 to 10 grams of C a day (more if anything went wrong) so I may have a higher tolerance.

I thought the same would be true for me, as I routinely take 6 to 7 mg a day. Well, on my first day I dove in and drank 1 ounce. I then *tried* to drink another ounce shortly after but felt I should go slowly instead.

Later in the day I began to take a tablespoon with water at work, and on two occasions I could feel my body felt kind of nauseous, like, "That's enough!" No diarrhea though.

I think over the course of the first day I took only 2 ounces, and that was plenty for me, even with my usual high dose of vitamin C. So something must be working.

Noticeable immediate effects:

Crystal clear focus at work and in conversation
Bright, happy feeling -- no depression or negative thinking
Wanting to walk (lol -- I'm usually averse to exercise)
Deep sleep and vivid dreams
No morning sinus allergies (common with me)
No adverse reaction to eating a small amount of dairy, to which I'm usually allergic
Boundless energy
Better vision

If there is any negative effect, I feel almost TOO wired. This is my second day, I've had one ounce in a glass of water, and I already feel ready to tackle the day's chores with more than usual enthusiasm.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

If your theory results are correct, I'd be happy to stir my solution for 18 minutes instead of the usual 30. I assume the breaks are necessary to let the foam subside, right?

I wonder why the recipe used here says it's so important to keep stirring until the foam subsides. That is never actually explained, is it? And the funny thing was, I did that, and when I poured it into a glass container, the foam reappeared.

Anyway, will be curious to hear others' results with this method. Thanks for testing and posting!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I had to let it sit as my USC has a heat cut out and can only run for 5 mins every 10 or so minutes.

tomorrow I am going to mix up 10g of AA with water and take that instead of the 10 ounces of lipo-mix.
If I get a different experience (diarrhea) that probably means that either my mix is ok (and the bicarb test is bogus), or there is some other mechanism of the Lecithin that prevents the Delhi Belly

I will just try adding a bit of AA to my mix and do the bicarb again, as I have a feeling it is the Lecithin that causes the released CO2 to form the foam, will post back here in a few mins

Isn't this fun

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Fizzed up nicely, so my idea is nixxed.
Obviously, to not have a foaming bicarb test, the mix needs to be less acidic.
Either my lecithin is not appropriate, or the USC isn't doing it's job.
I have replacements on the way and will post a new experiment when they arrive (hopefully next week).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Are you soaking the Lecithin first?

I've read conflicting ideas of soaking for a few minutes to several hours.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I soaked the first batch for about 30 minutes, but to be honest with this blender I don't see the point. There is absolutely no granulation visible at all after blending the granules in water, it is a milk like suspension (could be a solution but I never left it long enough to settle). None of my final mix has settled at all over the 3 days I've been doing the experiment.

Is there any other reason than dissolving the lecithin for the soaking?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Here is yet another important reason to take vitamin C:

VITAMIN C STOPS RADIATION DAMAGE

Vitamin C Prevents Radiation Damage Nutritional Medicine in Japan (OMNS, Feb 1, 2012) Workers with severe radiation exposure at the Fukushima nuclear plant had major reduction in cancer risk when supplemented with vitamin C and other anti-oxidative nutrients. Sixteen men aged between 32 and 59 years worked 5 to 6 weeks in a radiation contaminated area, collecting contaminated water, measuring radiation levels, operating heavy machinery, and removing debris. Blood samples were obtained to measure whole blood counts and blood chemistry, plasma levels of free DNA, and 47 cancer related gene expressions.

Four workers who took intravenous vitamin C (25,000 mg) therapy before they went in, and continuously took anti-oxidative supplements during the working period, had no significant change in both free DNA and overall cancer risk.

Three workers that did not have preventive intravenous vitamin C had an increase in calculated cancer risk. After 2 months of intervention with intravenous vitamin C and oral anti-oxidative nutritional supplements, free DNA returned to normal level and cancer risk score was significantly decreased. (1)

This important clinical demonstration confirms research done nearly 20 years ago showing that pretreatment with vitamin C, by oral intake or injection, increased sperm head survival after the injection of radioactive Iodine-131 in mice. (2)

Oral intake of alpha-lipoic acid and vitamin E reduced urinary radioactivity and oxidative stress in irradiated children in Chernobyl. (3) Furthermore, there have been numerous scientific studies about the radio-protective effects of other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidative nutrients.

orthomolecular.org...

Vitamin C therapy was effective both after damage occurred and before exposure to radiation at Fukushima. For preventive doses in low level radiation affected environments, the study recommends only about 1 once of liposomal Vitamin C a day, which is quite a protective benefit for a low cost. They also say taking other antioxidants are important.

Because I am not a scientist, I do not feel qualified to begin a separate thread on this topic, but given the general fear and scare surrounding Fukushima radiation (rightly so), I think a separate thread would be helpful to ATS people, especially if it also linked to this one. But it's here for the record, in any case.

See the helpful illustrated PDF here.
www.doctoryourself.com...

You won't want to miss scrolling down to see the amazing before and after pictures of a stage IV cancer patient treated with vitamin C. Three years later, and she looks twenty years younger!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
How did humans survive before this method was developed?

I just find it hard to believe that anyone actually needs that much of a supplement unless they are sick and it is prescribed as the remedy for their ailment.

Why is eating an orange not enough dosage?
I never get sick, if I used myself as a scale I would say an orange a day keeps the doctor away.

Well if we think about it, humans were once old age by 45 we can always go back to that formula.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, I said I will post my results.

Here are my initial results: after mixing all the ingredients and following the instructions, as per MegaMind, etc, I ended up taking 1 tablespoonful today at 1 pm EST. I also gave my wife, who has been suffering from either an allergy attack or mild cold, 1 tablespoonful also.

After approx 30 mins to 1 hr, I kinda felt very relaxed but very alert. This is after I worked all morning from 4 am. I should have been very sleepy but have experienced some sort of energy surge but it is not noticeable, just evident by me being up and doing work around the house.

My wife, on the other hand, said she felt a definite energy rush that left her feeling "intoxicated" but not drunk in a sense of alcohol type inebriation. She actually dozed off for several minutes after 1 hour and then spent some time cleaning a chair on the deck. This was after she was in bed all morning with a slight fever. So, while still observing the effects, it does appear there has been some positive effect on her well being. As I type right now, 3 hours later, she is at the mall shopping (LOL).

In any case, I am looking forward to my 2nd dosage sometime later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Will keep ya'll posted.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
well heres my experience, i followed the procedure courtesy of pdazzler dot com, its day three and i upped the dosage to a 4oz hit...the effect was quite dramatic, i'm a very big guy, 135kg at 5'11, 40 yrs, muscle running to fat, the first 2 days i had very mild effects it could very well have been psychosomatic, not what i wanted.so i tried a different vit c and this time hit it with the us cleaner for 40 mins and decided to double the dosage. 1 hr after taking the 4 oz, im buzzing, and ive got energy, not in a manic scattered way,so far this morning i made breakfast, washed the dishes, picked up round the house and vacuumed out the missus car before she took off shopping...after this im off to the gym. the onset was so subtle i didnt really notice i was busy doing the chores until my aunty made a comment to my wife about me being house trained WHOA so i backed off right there. BIG BIG HIGH FIVE to DOM and MEGA for putting me on to this...now its time to experiment! ive got some hydrogen peroxide in the fridge calling to me hehehe and ill have to get the glutathione happening too. i cant wait till my stomachs empty again so i can take my next hit! try it out everyone, especially you armchair professors and critics, have it with your humble pie!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Has anyone ordered the packets sold on Amazon and if so, what were the results? I really want to give this a try for my CFS, but don't want to buy the US cleaner or supplies until I know the results. From what I understand, the packets are just as good, just more expensive. Is that correct?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Please take this 8-question Liposomal Vitamin C poll!

If you want to take it after a week and after a month, I think that's okay too, as your results may change over time.

RESULTS!!!

Just a friendly reminder that a poll and results have been posted. VERY INTERESTING. 12 responders so far, and none are negative. I have a friend who is very interested in getting her dad some of this stuff because he is in the "late stages of Lyme's Disease" ... I hope to see something good happen there.
Keep reporting the results! Thanks to everyone on this thread. I do love to hear about good things happening. I have arthritis and am so eager to see if this helps. Sort of wishing I'd added a male/female question to the poll, but maybe it shouldn't matter?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

After taking three doses of the Liposomal Vitamin C, I casually asked my dad how he felt. As God as my witness, my dad's first comment were "Well, I have more energy". That was all I could ask for right now. We went into town and did a bit of shopping at the local sporting goods store. He is taking a strong narcotic pain killer for the chest tube inserted to drain the pleural fluid, so his appetite has been somewhat supressed.
However, my brother just arrived into town, having moved down to help take care of my dad, so we are making every effort to take care of him.
As we have been watching the boxing tonight, I've noticed my dad's cough not be as bad as before. I am in charge of draining my dad's chest cavity at home, and it is the most humbling experience.... to see my dad as a human being, not as the invincible hero I've always seen him. He will always be my hero, will explain his life story later.
He does appear to be more alert and with energy, and I have refrained from explaining the hopes, goals, side effects, etc of the liposomal Vitamin C therapy.
I will keep you all updated and hope we can all come together to find the best way to create or refine a curcumin product with high bioavailability. thank you all

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KritikalMass

Awesome to hear your report. A huge thanks to Megamind for his writeup on how to mix the product.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Here are my results. Yesterday was my first day. I took one ounce in the morning and another one just before lunch. I did not notice any effects, except that I felt crappy like I was coming down with something. I felt fine when I woke up this morning. I think I was starting to get a cold yesterday because I was a little flemmy.

This morning, I took 1.5 oz and spent a couple of hours staining trim in this old house and went outside and finished planting the garden. I took another 1.5 oz before lunch and cleaned up the garden area. I took a 45 min nap. When I woke up at 3:00 I took 3 oz. I experienced a feeling of happiness and joy, but not in a huge way. It felt very good. I spent the rest of the day taping off trim and painting the room I've been working on. After the paint dried I cleaned and rearranged another room.

Four years ago I heard about the Master Cleanse Fast. It's a fast where you only drink fresh squeezed lemonaide with cayenne and do sea salt cleanses. After the first ten days I started to feel happy and joyful, even in situations where I should have been stressed out. I would say I now understand why I felt so good. It was because of all the vitamin C. For some reason, the subsequent fasts I've done never yeilded the same feeling. I am so excited to have this feeling back again. This is the best feeling ever. It's not a drug high, it's a subtle joy and peaceful calm. I don't feel run down like usual.

Nine years ago I had an accident and got a compression fracture in L1 in my back. It has gotten so bad that I can't sleep more than six hours without having to get up. I'm hoping this subsides so I can have a life again.

I will be giving this to my stepmom tomorrow.

I'll keep posting updates.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mtiger92

That's fantastic! This is so good to hear. Thanks for posting an update. I look forward to hearing more good news!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
To all you fine, wonderful people posting results. I sometimes find myself crying for joy, and compassion, from some of your posts. This one thread has renewed my hope in human kind. I pray that all those trying this experiment to help family and friends in severely bad health...that your efforts are met with resounding success,

My new SC unit and supplies should be arriving on Monday. I can't wait to join in with my results. I'm also going to order the Glutathione powder next week. After reading the phenominal results, I must give that a try too.

Des

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Man its been great reading all the responses. Its interesting to hear other people describe the effects. I had not really thought about how my mood has been effected but it certainly has. I am more or less an even keel kind of person anyway - rarely do I get depressed - but I have noticed more of a feeling of well being - a sort of happy feeling.

We have been doing this for a week now and my gf and I have definitely noticed a change in our skin. Our skin tone looks more even and our skin feels smoother and softer. I know C is involved somehow with the formation of collagen which is what gives skin its youthful appearance. Collagen is found throughout the body's many different tissues. So if its changing my outward appearance I wonder what its doing inside my body

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
hey guys!

well, ive been goinf at it for a week now, i feel faaaaantastico, my missus feels great too, she started 3 days ago. and my friend, well he had the flu the night i gave him a batch, and he is all cleared up.

i would also like to point out, i read somewhere that the vitamin c responds to people differently depending on your blood type, i think blood type A benfits the most, not sure what blood type i am haha!

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join