It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
reply to post by Jaellma

Do we have to use chopsticks to stir it? I've been using a spoon.

Some say so as not to contaminate it..

Originally posted by 0001391
What is the purpose of the lecithin, and could something like soy lecithin be used in place of animal-derived lecithin?

You are meant to use soy lecithin

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Jaellma
Just wanted to report that my Vit C, Lecithin and atomizer arrived today. Can't wait to get started. I have to pick up some chopsticks today (for stirring) and I will be ready to get started.

I am also restarting my Insanity workout regimen (I was half-way though it until I caught pneumonia 3 weeks ago). Taking the concoction with the exercise should tell me if I can feel the change in my body from the workouts. Will keep ya'll posted.

Did you get eveything from the same place?

If you are in the U.S. I got all my items to make it from Amazon.com. Great pricing, Free shipping.

Shipment Details

NOW Foods Vitamin C Crystals, Ascorbic Acid, 1 Pound
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com)
$16.30

Soy Lecithin Granules Non-GMO 1 Pounds
Sold by Natural Health Formula Inc. (RED TAG sale)
$13.47

New Trent CD-7810 Professional Ultrasonic Watch, Jewelry, CD and Eyeglass Cleaner
Sold by New Trent Inc (idealpoint)
$29.95

Item Subtotal: $59.72

Free Shipping

Shipment Total: $59.72

Des

edit on 8-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm really not too interested in "liposomal" vitamin c, but I do think lecithin has a lot of health benefits. I don't have enough posts to make a thread, so I just wanted to make a comment:

I MADE MY OWN VITAMIN D TODAY (Using 2 different methods).

Method # 1: I bought some sheep lanolin and I put it under a mercury vapor lamp for a few minutes and I smeared it on my face and arms.

Method # 2: I went out in the sun.

The end.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
reply to post by mtiger92

Interesting! I'd like to know as well. My stepmom got the green light to take the vit c. The doctor said since she isn't on blood thinners it's fine to try this.

I wonder if the curcumin would shrink her tumor as well. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

I wish you the best with your dad.

I have tried a small batch of curcumin in this process. It works well, using 3.5 teaspoons of powder. I'd do the C and curcumin separate. The glututhion is a must, expensive but a must.

For those looking for a protocol for a "large" ailment which is the domain of men on lab coats, these will help but one needs to one thing at the very least: clear out the entire intestinal tract. There are a number of systems, Blessedherbs is a proven winner and easy to do with little issue. A key problem with folks having a "large" ailment is too much toxin and no where to release it: hence that ailment. Taking these supplements can induce a release of toxins, after all if a mass "dies" it is now a toxin and has to go. Look into hydration, salt levels and cleansing the bowel at least with these and one should see improvements.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristi43
I'm really not too interested in "liposomal" vitamin c, but I do think lecithin has a lot of health benefits. I don't have enough posts to make a thread, so I just wanted to make a comment:

Method # 1: I bought some sheep lanolin and I put it under a mercury vapor lamp for a few minutes and I smeared it on my face and arms.

The end.

Congrats, I hear cow dung will also help with lines and wrinkles.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

Originally posted by tristi43

The end.

Congrats, I hear cow dung will also help with lines and wrinkles.

You don't know me very well. I'm likely to try it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
reply to post by AlanQaida

"if you want i could make you a batch and give it to you? i could even show you how i make it so you know whats in it etc. (all the ingredients i bought are on page 25) "

THIS ladies and gentlemen is why I am on this forum!
Al is not the first I have seen offer to make this for other members but his offer just kinda hit me.
Other boards, groups, forums I am on seem to be full of snarky, snide comments constantly.
And I come here and see this.

Sorry...I guess this was kinda off topic....

That's all very cute but we have another form of trolling here and it is worse. We have informed trolls
i'm actually a part-time troll, so I see it everywhere on this site. You get a few good apples but take the others with a pinch of salt. Given the nature of this site you can expect informed trolls and bots.
edit on 8-6-2012 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

Err, are you calling me a troll? Or the other guy? It's really confusing being unsure if I should be offended, or curious.

And I was 100% serious about giving DaRage a batch if he wants it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just took my 3oz (6 tbl sp) dose for this morning.
Will report back if any new experiences before lunchtime dose.

ETA: after about an hour I have had a loose bowel movement
and now feel somewhat lethargic - typical cleansing/body defensive reaction. Will be interesting to see if this occurs on all 3 doses

edit on 9-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Nah not you, you seem good.. I was just commenting at what he said, that this is why he comes to ats. There is a lot of helpful people here and some good information. I just mainly see trolls and heated debates, but that could be the topics I focus on.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Nah not you, you seem good.. I was just commenting at what he said, that this is why he comes to ats. There is a lot of helpful people here and some good information. I just mainly see trolls and heated debates, but that could be the topics I focus on.

Ohhhh yeah i see now, i didn't read it right
sillt context

I do agree with you, i see some horrible trolling occur lol, but it's great to be able to help each other and work towards something great, like this stuff, its wonderful

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Took my second dose of 3oz 30 mins ago.
All good so far.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Roger you do know the original article suggested 1 oz a day twice a day at first.
Don't plunge in too deep at first.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

Yes I'm well aware of that.
People are usually very cautious when doing DIY health.
I've been at this for about 2 decades and know that my body can take a heck of a lot more than I think it can.
I'm also quite in tune with my 50 trillion cell community so I should be able to spot when something goes wrong.
Hey, I'm an extremist, always have been. Life is most fun when I'm pushing the boundaries. I don't think I am anywhere near any limit just yet.

In my experience with natural healing, 99% of healers and modalities don't work except for the odd anomaly. Usually, its because the modality is of very poor quality or they just aren't using enough of it.

For example, if you buy a bottle of echinacea tincture from the average health food store, it will say to take a few drops once or twice a day. Even with super strength high quality echinacea, you're going to need a LOT more than that to deal with anything other than the slightest hint of imbalance. To test a store brand echinacea, I'd usually consume the entire bottle right there in the store and see how it feels and tastes!

Pauling recommeded doses of 10g or more of VitC, in fact, I think 10g was his prophylactic daily dose.
ETA: this could have been the therapeutic dose. Levine suggests only 200mg per day. Here's some stuff from Pauling:

Linus Pauling based his own intake of vitamin C on several factors, including the amount synthesized by animals that are able to do so, the amount consumed in the diet by wild animals that are biologically closely related to humans, and the estimated intake by our Paleolithic ancestors.

In How to Live Longer and Feel Better, he reasoned that animals capable of the endogenous synthesis of vitamin C would not manufacture so much if it were not beneficial. For example, goats weighing about 50 kilograms, or 110 pounds, synthesize over 9,000 milligrams (9 grams) of vitamin C per day, or 13,000 mg/day per 70 kilograms (154 lbs) of body weight.

The laboratory rat weighs about 325 grams and synthesizes 20 to 70 mg/day, or 4,000 to 15,000 mg/day per 70 kilograms of body weight.

The optimal intake of vitamin C for guinea pigs, weighing about 700 grams and unable to synthesize vitamin C, was reported by Yew in 1973 to be about 35 mg/day, or 3,500 mg/day per 70 kilograms of body weight.

Chimpanzees in captivity weigh about 55 kilograms and consume about 800 to 1,600 mg/day of vitamin C in their prepared diets; gorillas, weighing about 200 kilograms, ingest between 3,000 and 6,000 mg/day. These primates, our closest biological relatives, are not able to synthesize vitamin C and must depend upon dietary sources to prevent scurvy and optimize performance and health. In 1949, Dr. G.H. Bourne calculated that gorillas in the wild consume about 4,500 mg/day of vitamin C.

I got nothing like the result the others got from one ounce 3x per day, so I upped it to two ozs, now it's 3. I'll keep going till I get either a positive or negative result, then I'll back down again, depending on the result.

Thanks for the concern, but I'm ok, really

Having said all of that, I do notice a bit of runny nose and snot in the back of the throat this past 2 days. My 3 year old also seems a bit off colour, so either the vitC is detoxing me and my daughter is a coincidence, or I have a bit of a virus going on (which would account for the lack of well being from the juice). I'm going to go with option 1 for now, as it's very rare for me to get noticeable virii symptoms and especially at the start of summer

So far, no running to the loo since the last dose!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I think I can lend some validation to your experiments MM. I will admit that I have remained a skeptic but have followed the thread and decided to do some experimentation for myself. I can tell you that I discovered the hard way just as Daynight42 did that liquid lecithan cannot be used for this process unless it can be somehow chemically made to go into solution with H2O.

I couldn't wait for my granulated lecithin to arrive so I bought some liquid from the local health food store. I thought when reading the ingredients, "great, reads only lecithin, no additives" so I thought maybe I could get it to work. I figured some patience might be the key and I let my liquid lecithin soak for a couple of days in the distilled water along with regular agitation. What I had at the end of this interval looked like a homogenous liquid just like the pics I've seen on here so I was encouraged. However, when I put the whole mess into the US cleaner the more time went by the more the lecithin tended to attract to itself forming globs similar to Daynight's only not so much in one piece as his was.

Ok, I thought I'll go ahead and carry this through to see what happens anyway, who knows maybe there was some encapsulation. To make an already too long story shorter let me just say that unless you have tried reacting a tablespoon of AA in solution (non-encapsulated) with 1/2 tsp of baking soda, then you wouldn't know not to bother with the ruler to see how much foam you will have floating on the solution. It would have made an excellent science project volcano. The foam could have been measured in meters if I had it contained in a cylinder.

All I can conclude is that your method had achieved encapsulation of the vit c at a level that keeps it from reacting chemically, which is the desired goal.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Cool post, and that reminds me to go do a test on pure AA in solution with the bicarb.
I'm not convinced my mixture is a total fail just yet !
Will pop upstairs now and do that and post results

RESULTS: ok, that was interesting. I mixed equivalent amount of AA into water (4oz) and added 1oz of bicarb water, just like the test but using pure AA solution instead of AA and lecithin mix. The AA concentration was the same .... there was NO foam at all! So the foam is obviously formed by the lecithin when it comes in contact with the CO2 from the reduction of the bicarb by the acid.

I still think the foam test is not particularly reliable and prefer pH. I'll go get some new batteries now for my meter and do some other tests

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Good...just checking.
I am slowly upping my dosages a day as well because like you I wasn't getting much of an effect.
I did 2 oz 3X yesterday and still am not seeing anything that's "noticeable".
I may go to 2 oz 4X today one dose every 4 instead of 6 hours.
Like I said in an earlier post, I am used to taking 5 to 10 grams of C a day (more if anything went wrong) so I may have a higher tolerance.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

I can't believe you got no reaction mixing AA solution with baking soda. That is basic chemistry - the reaction between an acid and a base. The lecithin would have no appreciable effect on that reaction.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
does it make difference what US cleaner you use? are all US cleaners equally good? are watts and frequency important here? what US cleaners are you using?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by RogerT3

I can't believe you got no reaction mixing AA solution with baking soda. That is basic chemistry - the reaction between an acid and a base. The lecithin would have no appreciable effect on that reaction.

Didn't say no reaction, did say no foam

No doubt the CO2 just bubbles off without the lecithin emulsion to trap it into foam.

I am mixing up a batch right now using weights instead of volumes and a pH meter. Will post the procedure etc in about 20 mins

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by m83x1
does it make difference what US cleaner you use? are all US cleaners equally good? are watts and frequency important here? what US cleaners are you using?

It would seem logical that there are 7 critical components here:

1. Water purity
2. Lecithin (liquid vs granules, soy vs other, etc)
3. VitC (Ascorbic acid or some kind of ascorbate)
4. USC power, frequency
5. Temperatures
6. Amounts
7. Timing

Most cleaners seem to be 42kHz although I've seen commercial models that are 20kHz.
Power is very variable, seems to depend on price and size of unit. Mine is 30/50W switchable in a .7l tank. I have ordered one that is 2.6l tank and 70W with a 100W heater too

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join