It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have one of those Braun hand held mixers that will whip the crap out of anything... Would this be better than the standard kitchen mixer?

edit on 8-6-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
From what I've read it may perhaps be better to poor the AA/SA solution onto the dry lecithin and let it "soak" for an hour or so meanwhile shaking it from time to time. Then you put that mix in a blender for a minute and finally in the US cleaner. I will try this out myself when my order arrives. The reason of this suggestion is because it seems like the liposome spheres are formed as soon as a solution is added to the phospholipids, be it distilled water or the AA/SA solution. The sonication just reduces the size of these liposomes.
edit on 8-6-2012 by broli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mtiger92

Great, I'm glad you're going to try it. I hope it works wonders for your father. Keep us posted ...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Look I've been reading through this thread and apart from the OP and one other bloke who have said "It's fantastic", All i've read from a few others are "I think it's helping"; which to be honest, for me, isn't that helpful in deciding whether or not to do this.

Can I please get some legitimate and well thought out replies as to whether this stuff is something that will benefit me greatly as described in the OP, or whether if I want the same effect, to just up the dose of vitamin c orally, even though it's not supposedly as efficient.?

Please.

The suggestion would be to buy some and try it. There are a few companies that make some ready made stuff. Test from there, as this will tell you if you are a person who is short of C and needs it a lot, or a person who can take or leave it. There is no real difference between store bought and home made, except price, time, and what else one might add to their mix. There is no real way to say, "you need it" or "it will surely work for you" as only you can know. Use your intuition.

Folks should understand, not all need a lot of C per se. There are a myriad of factors in one's personal health. Blood type A's have a quirk that makes it harder for them to work with C and B's, while O's less so. But, other issues like chronic ailments, genetic challenges and radiation stockpiling in the cells, can mean more people can benefit now from this C. There is no downside, none, except maybe time and money, but there is a potential upside for many, but not all, but many. You have to know yourself, feel yourself, use your own feedback system to know what works - I would contend that is the whole point of making your own. This is just one part, one, of you overall experience, it is not "the" part and might be an answer to some issues but not "the" answer.

I have said this many times here, but if the OP just said "I bought this stuff" the reaction would be negligible. The strong reaction to his post is BECAUSE of the personal connection to the process - people are excited about connecting to their own body's health and experience by creating the stuff they are taking. No one gets this psyched about buying lipisomal C, but people will get psyched about connecting with themselves (and the others of the thread) in a new way and the lipisomal C is the connection, not the reason.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by broli
reply to post by Bilk22

Google "liposome sonication" or "liposome ultrasound" and start your research there you'll learn something. There's plenty of free and nonfree research papers you can find on the subject.

edit on 8-6-2012 by broli because: (no reason given)

I'll take a look, but I'm an architect not a chemist. It probably won't mean much to me.

Since you posted this, can you give a two sentence summation?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

"if you want i could make you a batch and give it to you? i could even show you how i make it so you know whats in it etc. (all the ingredients i bought are on page 25) "

THIS ladies and gentlemen is why I am on this forum!
Al is not the first I have seen offer to make this for other members but his offer just kinda hit me.
Other boards, groups, forums I am on seem to be full of snarky, snide comments constantly.
And I come here and see this.

Sorry...I guess this was kinda off topic....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So great to come in from the garden and find a bunch more posts to read

I just took my third dose of 2 oz, so my first half batch is now done and I will need to start using the second half that i did without the glass insert in the USC. I mixed this one with some apple and some cold pressed cranberry juice. I am trying to hide the taste of the Lecithin which I find fairly disgusting, whoever it was that posted 'paint and old oil' was spot on!!
The usual slight squeezing but less than the reaction I had today to a glass of fresh juiced kiwi my wife made.
So today I have consumed 6oz or 12 tbl spoons of the mixture which is about 6g of VitC. I have never taken more than one or two grams in a day, so this is a first.
No loose stools, but definitely more than usual gas!
No particular increase in energy, well being or visual or mental clarity yet. I guess tomorrow we go to 9oz (3x3)!

ETA: in light of crankyoldman's post, I am O- blood type. You guys getting speedy type results, what is your blood type?
edit on 8-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade

"if you want i could make you a batch and give it to you? i could even show you how i make it so you know whats in it etc. (all the ingredients i bought are on page 25) "

Al is not the first I have seen offer to make this for other members but his offer just kinda hit me.
Other boards, groups, forums I am on seem to be full of snarky, snide comments constantly.

That's what it's all about my friend
there should be, if more people in this world stood shoulder to shoulder, it would be a great place

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Crankyoldman says:

I have said this many times here, but if the OP just said "I bought this stuff" the reaction would be negligible. The strong reaction to his post is BECAUSE of the personal connection to the process - people are excited about connecting to their own body's health and experience by creating the stuff they are taking. No one gets this psyched about buying lipisomal C, but people will get psyched about connecting with themselves (and the others of the thread) in a new way and the lipisomal C is the connection, not the reason.

Without getting too woo-woo in a non woo-woo thread, there is a lot to be said for this. Of course, the obvious is the placebo effect, your connection ramps up your expectations. But, I have an article that talks about hand made musical instruments versus the more modern machine made process used by nearly all major brands. His statements not only revolved around the extra care and detail hand building brings but also implied the intent of the builder sort of being infused into the instrument. In alternative healing modalities, sound therapy, Reiki, etc., intent is crucial.

Just throwing that in.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade

That's all very cute but we have another form of trolling here and it is worse. We have informed trolls
i'm actually a part-time troll, so I see it everywhere on this site. You get a few good apples but take the others with a pinch of salt. Given the nature of this site you can expect informed trolls and bots.
edit on 8-6-2012 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am upping my dosage to three 2 oz shots 6 hours apart today.
Still have not had any rush of energy or mental alertness that could not be explained as just having a good day.
BUT some of my physical problems seem to be better.
Again that could be just the "having a good day" thing.
I kinda rule out placebo effect in my case because I have to keep telling myself that I am not just drinking cloudy water when I take a dose.
Maybe I made mine wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My dad took his first dose this morning, approximately 100ml of the liposomal Vitamin C solution that MegaMind posted.
He tolerated the first dose very well, no side effects.

After taking a nap, I woke up and thought of other cancer fighting products that could be better absorbed using this method of encapsulation.

I stumbled onto this article:

"Liposomal curcumin inhibits Lewis lung cancer growth primarily through inhibition of angiogenesis

Authors: Liqiang Wang, Jing Zhang, Lulu Cai, Jing Wen, Huashan Shi, Dan Li, Fuchun Guo, Yongsheng Wang

Affiliations: State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital and College of Life Science, Chengdu, Sichuan 610000, P.R. China, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610000, P.R. China, Department of Thoracic Oncology, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610000, P.R. China

Published online on: Thursday, April 19, 2012

Doi: 10.3892/ol.2012.686

Pages: 107-112

Abstract:

Curcumin has been proven to effectively inhibit tumor growth by both targeting tumor cells and angiogenesis; however, poor water solubility limits further clinical application. In the present study, we prepared water-soluble liposomal curcumin to investigate its anti-tumor effects and the underlying mechanism. The MTT assay was used to test the anti-proliferative activities for the MS1 murine endothelial and LL/2 Lewis lung cancer cell lines. Apoptosis and cell cycle arrest induced by liposomal curcumin were analysed by flow cytometry. Anti-angiogenic agents and the resulting anti-tumor effects were investigated in a murine lung cancer model. Zebrafish were used to investigate the anti-angiogenic effect of liposomal curcumin in the development of embryos. In vitro, liposomal curcumin inhibited the proliferation of MS1 cells and induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Notably, LL/2 cells showed less sensitivity to the liposomal curcumin in vitro. In vivo, the systemic administration of liposomal curcumin resulted in significant inhibition of tumor growth. CD31 immunohistochemical analysis and alginate encapsulation assay revealed that angiogenesis was decreased by liposomal curcumin treatment. Angiogenesis was also suppressed in the development of zebrafish. Liposomal curcumin showed potent inhibitory activity against murine endothelial cells but not lung cancer cells. Liposomal curcumin treatment is capable of significantly inhibiting tumor growth in vivo, a process that may depend primarily on its anti-angiogenic effects. Our study also indicates that liposomal curcumin may be developed not only for cancer therapy, but also for the treatment of other angiogenesis-related diseases."

Liposomal curcumin is one product I would like to manufacture for my dad. If anyone can chime in with their opinion, I'd appreciate it. Megamind, if you would not mind, I'd appreciate your help in concocting this solution.
Will reply with dosage numbers and such.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Im guessing the curcumin would have to be an extract or liquified version for it to be able to become encapsulated.

I would give it a go. Im already considering making the glutathione liposomal version.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Interesting! I'd like to know as well. My stepmom got the green light to take the vit c. The doctor said since she isn't on blood thinners it's fine to try this.

I wonder if the curcumin would shrink her tumor as well. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

I wish you the best with your dad.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just wanted to report that my Vit C, Lecithin and atomizer arrived today. Can't wait to get started. I have to pick up some chopsticks today (for stirring) and I will be ready to get started.

I am also restarting my Insanity workout regimen (I was half-way though it until I caught pneumonia 3 weeks ago). Taking the concoction with the exercise should tell me if I can feel the change in my body from the workouts. Will keep ya'll posted.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Do we have to use chopsticks to stir it? I've been using a spoon.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What is the purpose of the lecithin, and could something like soy lecithin be used in place of animal-derived lecithin?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok 700 plus posts that I'm not going to read...

Does this work or not...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Just wanted to report that my Vit C, Lecithin and atomizer arrived today. Can't wait to get started. I have to pick up some chopsticks today (for stirring) and I will be ready to get started.

I am also restarting my Insanity workout regimen (I was half-way though it until I caught pneumonia 3 weeks ago). Taking the concoction with the exercise should tell me if I can feel the change in my body from the workouts. Will keep ya'll posted.

Did you get eveything from the same place?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
What is the purpose of the lecithin, and could something like soy lecithin be used in place of animal-derived lecithin?

The recipe calls for soy non GMO lecithin. That's what I have on order to make mine with. I'm sure a lot of other folks making their own batches, will chime in.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join