It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I don't know if you are aware or you may have mentioned it, but there is a way to make the mixture where you can balance your pH aswell. I think it's pdazzlers method. I might just be getting slightly mixed up with people just using ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate together, or it is also included or preferred when making the pH balancing method.

Another thing, what does your mixture taste like and what does it look like before you take it? Mine is a dark yellow/orange colour and is quite thick with a somewhat sour oily taste but it tastes ok, I like the taste.

My sister made it, she has access to a powerful US cleaner, and she hasn't shared the method

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I dont know what to make of that.

Wow me neither. Hmmm ...

It looks like it is very emulsified. I make homemade mayonnaise - it takes egg yolk and vegetable oil along with some other ingredients for flavor. Its all liquid until emulsification takes place then it turn thick and white - just like mayonnaise should be. Not only does it take egg yolks and vegetable oil but it is required in exact ratios or no emulsification takes place - and usually you can be safer with a little more egg than you can with a little more oil in those ratios ...

Is maybe his mixture emulsified and mine hasn't yet? You can bet I'll be trying to achieve that on my next go around.

His cleaner looks more substantial than mine ... hope that's not the difference

edit on 6-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Look at 16:35.

He says that when you buy this commercially, it's that consistency.

That certainly isn't how I'm seeing most people do this. His is VERY thick.

edit on 6-6-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Look at 16:35.

He says that when you buy this commercially, it's that consistency.

That certainly isn't how I'm seeing most people do this. His is VERY thick.

edit on 6-6-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

I know the commercial types don't use ultra sound to make theirs. They use some sort of high pressure against some or through some medium - I read that somewhere - its all a blur now but I remember reading it.

Mine has given me good results .... but I am a perfectionist ... and this is challenging me

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

Mine is about the color of egg nog - white with a slightly orange/yellow hue. It taste a little sour and oily. I like the way it taste. The textue is oily of course and has a consistency of water perhaps just a touch thicker than water just like that video above at the 12:50 mark.

On the other hand I made one using sodium ascorbate for a ph neutral mix and it looked the same but tasted salty oily - and not a very good taste I might add.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I wish i had seen that vid on page 30. Mine comes out about as thick as milk or cream. My next batch i will use less water to see if i can get it coagulated like the vid on the last page. Its more like yogurt on his vid

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well I don't think it will be too complicated, i'll show my sister and we can try emulate what he has done. Very good video I just would like to know if that is the ideal way to make it, or is the jury out?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ok big differences between his quantities and mine.

First I would like to point out he is using heaping tablespoons of 4 to 1 - not very accurate and apparently it does not matter.

Next .... and this is another big difference he said 1 cup of water for the lethicin and a 1/2 cup of water for the ascorbic acid.

I have been using 2 cups of water total. He is using less water.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ok i figured out why he gets the yogurt consistency versus my creamy consistency.

When i make mine, its 2 cups of water and everything measured to a T.

The guy in the vid is doing 1.5 cups of water, 1 heaping tablespoon of vit c powder, and in the vid he adds 4 heaping tablespoons of lecithin to get it like yogurt.

Should be easy to recreate exactly like the vid

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

ha ha ha !! You and me thought the same thing!!

Oh and he used 4 heaping tablespoons - I have been very exact in all my measurements.

3 level tablespoons lethicin and 1 level tablespoon C with 2 cups exactly of water.

The question is does it matter? I've gotten good results with mine as have others.

And - I might add - I am following the recipe precisely.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

ha ha ha !! You and me thought the same thing!!

Oh and he used 4 heaping tablespoons - I have been very exact in all my measurements.

3 level tablespoons lethicin and 1 level tablespoon C with 2 cups exactly of water.

I prefer to use exact amounts in order to better gauge the results. At least when my stuff gets here, I plan on being very precise....

How else would I be able to figure out effects on my body.

Des

edit on 6-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was in the kitchen trying to mix mine longer to see if I could get mine like his but - no joy.

Then I went back to the puter to watch his video again and saw his quantities were different.

I'm not obsessive compulsive or anything ...

I think Loam just likes worrying my mega Mind ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
As I said, I ordered mine and I really believe it will make a difference in my life.

But this is ATS and I did some more research tonight and came across this article that put a different spin on the importance of vC and even made me doubt Dr. Pauling's cred a bit.

The Dark Side of Linus Pauling's Legacy

It seems that mega dosing vit C may even have harmful side effects, but Dr. Pauling chose to ignore the studies when he was promoting his vitamin C therapy.

In 1994, Robinson and two colleagues summarized the results of four mouse studies he had carried out while working at the Pauling Institute [22]. Nearly all of the mice developed skin cancers (squamous cell carcinomas) following exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Altogether, 1,846 hairless mice received a total of 38 different diets. The researchers found that (a) the rate of onset and severity of tumors could be varied as much as 20-fold by just modifying dietary balance; (b) diets with the worst balance of nutrients had the greatest inhibitory effect on cancer growth; and (c) no cures or remissions were observed (although the researchers were not looking for this). In 1999, Robinson commented:

The results of these experiments caused an argument between Linus and me, which ended our 16-year period of work together. He was not willing to accept the experimentally proved fact that vitamin C in ordinary doses accelerated the growth rate of squamous cell carcinoma in these mice.

At the time, Linus was promoting his claim that "75% of all cancer can be prevented and cured by vitamin C alone." This claim proved to be without experimental foundation and not true. . . . Vitamin C increased the rate of growth of cancer at human equivalents of 1 to 5 grams per day, but suppressed the cancer growth rate at doses on the order of 100 grams per day (near the lethal dose), as do other measures of malnutrition [23].

It also seems Dr. Pauling had major corporate backing from the world's largest vit C manufacturer, the pharmaceutical giant Hoffmann-La Roche, helping to influence his studies and endorsements.

Here's a closing quote from Dr. Stephen Barrett, who wrote the article. Made me feel like I just bought into the hype and ordered Potassium Iodide after Fukushima.

Although Pauling's megavitamin claims lacked the evidence needed for acceptance by the scientific community, they have been accepted by large numbers of people who lack the scientific expertise to evaluate them. Thanks largely to Pauling's prestige, annual vitamin C sales in the United States have been in the hundreds of millions of dollars for many years. Pauling also played a role in the health food industry's successful campaign to weaken FDA consumer protections laws. The Linus Pauling Institute that bears his name has evolved into a respectable organization. But Pauling's irrational advice about supplements continues to lead people astray.

I hope there is truth to the claimed benefits of vitamin C on the human body; and also I hope the claims on it being carcinogenic are equally untrue. Mine should be here in a few days, I'm giving it a go anyway.

Khar

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just made a fresh batch for this week using the original 2 cups water recipe, so im good til next week.

I will try the thicker version when i make the new batch next Wednesday. Should be easy. I`ll prolly just use less water

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This one, IAMTAT? www.lyposphericnutrients.co.uk...
Sachets? Hm.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Your link and info come from Quackwatch ... not a big fan of that site ... generally they ridicule anything other than big pharma. Typical AMA crap.

Is the quack watch founder a quack himself?

The Quackery Behind Quackwatch ...

I'm not saying there isn't any truth to what he is reporting but just wanted you to know he has a big agenda ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Yea thats the quackwatch website. I dont take them serious at all as i have seen family members come back from deaths door from alternative therapies, many of which they attack..

Had a dying aunt, doctors said she had days left from cancer and old age and her kids, as last resort, gave her colloidal silver, apple cider vinegar, and something else which i cant recall. She survived and is still here. Doctors were scratching their heads and said it was a fluke anomaly.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Likewise I helped my mother-in-law beat shingles in just a couple of days after treating it with alternative stuff - including colloidal silver. Doctor was just going to give her pain meds. Shingles is very painful and can cause nerve damage - also it typically last weeks and can go on for months. Total time for her 5 days. She started taking what I gave her after 3 days of already having it. The Doctor was useless and basically did nothing saying shingles is incurable ...

But I'm sure everything I did was just Quackery

God I love the power of the internet!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

I read something similar about Glutathione. How selective are they in promoting healthy tissues/malignant ones?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Does anyone have an idea of where I can order these supplies in Canada? I tried Amazon but they won't ship these particular items to Canada.

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join