It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

You could also make it with baking soda to form ascorbate, which I am doing in about 10 minutes from now.

you can find that recipe here (scroll down halfway through the page)

That will make a ph neutral solution that is supposed to be just as effective.

Good Luck!

edit on 4-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Me and my SO just took our first dose at 9:30 EST.
She took 1 teaspoon and I took 1 tablespoon.
Gonna wait 15 minutes to eat and see how it goes.
My weak cleaner took 45 minutes to get all the foam out.
But clean up was easy, hardly any residue at all.
Now the waiting game.....
edit on 4-6-2012 by Sabreblade because: Added dosages

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How wonderfully exciting. It seems more and more guinea pigs are flocking to the thread (do GP's flock?).

In view of the thread being 20 pages long now, with plenty of debate mixed amongst the testimonial, I will head my posts with either:

My Personal Experience

when I'm posting my own experience and

My Personal Opinion

when I'm voicing an opinion based on historical knowlege/experience and

My Personal Research

when and if I get into the science or referencing debate

Hope that helps get more people on board with the experiment who maybe got put off by the length and intricacy of earlier parts of the thread.

Perhaps it would also help to have some idea of each person's physical conditions (height/weight/age/sex/diet/lifestyle) so I will put that in my sig once I have accumulated enough replies. [absolutely not expecting anyone else to do that, but it sure would be great to have a bit more detail
]
edit on 4-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: colors not working

edit on 4-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
My Personal Opinion

I'm a bit confused why people are so fixated with the acid/alkali thing here.
We are consuming a tablespoon (15ml ?) of liquid at what pH?
If I eat a kiwi, a lemon or even an apple, surely I am consuming similar amounts of acid?
I understand acid from fruit leaves the body via the breath within 15 mins of entering the stomach, or so I read a long time ago when first introduced to the acid/alkali debate.

I am interested to know why people see this as so much more than eating a piece of fruit - anyone done the maths?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
How wonderfully exciting. It seems more and more guinea pigs are flocking to the thread (do GP's flock?).

In view of the thread being 20 pages long now, with plenty of debate mixed amongst the testimonial, I will head my posts with either:

My Personal Experience

when I'm posting my own experience and

My Personal Opinion

when I'm voicing an opinion based on historical knowlege/experience and

My Personal Research

when and if I get into the science or referencing debate

Hope that helps get more people on board with the experiment who maybe got put off by the length and intricacy of earlier parts of the thread.

Perhaps it would also help to have some idea of each person's physical conditions (height/weight/age/sex/diet/lifestyle) so I will put that in my sig once I have accumulated enough replies. [absolutely not expecting anyone else to do that, but it sure would be great to have a bit more detail
]
edit on 4-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: colors not working

edit on 4-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

I have no issue with giving you more info:
Im 187cm (6"1 ish) weig 125 kg, I'm 25, male, fast food, BBQ's at home, steal and beg eater, I own my security company and work lovely 10 hour night shifts 4 days a week.

On a side note, I have since last posting, had two trips to the bathroom with diarrhea ish symptoms, but that may be caused by the McDonald's I had for dinner lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
My Personal Opinion

I'm a bit confused why people are so fixated with the acid/alkali thing here.
We are consuming a tablespoon (15ml ?) of liquid at what pH?
If I eat a kiwi, a lemon or even an apple, surely I am consuming similar amounts of acid?
I understand acid from fruit leaves the body via the breath within 15 mins of entering the stomach, or so I read a long time ago when first introduced to the acid/alkali debate.

I am interested to know why people see this as so much more than eating a piece of fruit - anyone done the maths?

I too have just finished reading up on this, I was going to neutralize the ph balance in my mixture, but decided to instead eat alkali rich fruit to counter any acidity that way

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

just made my first batch yesterday after reading their thread as what I read on it made complete sense to me. Bought non-gmo soy lecithin (pineapple flavored) at whole foods ($22!) and the vitamin c powder. Drank some in the evening, ad I could already feel it in my system. woke up at 5am feeling like I was done sleeping (btw, this never happens), drank another shot glass of it and right now I am not really feeling my usual morning drowsiness. So all in all, this is working for me already (and I am not even sure I am drinking the correct dose - like I said I am pouring a full "shot glass/small glass")

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

I think the idea behind the ph concern is that limposomal C is supposed to be protected while in the stomach and then move on to the small intestine to be absorbed into the blood stream, therefore the acid would be carried directly into the bloodstream. I have heard this concern expressed only when taking a large quantity of Liposomal C. I personally doubt its enough to cause any problems but I thought I would play it on the safe side and take it as ascorbate - which is ph neutral.

Normally taking large doses of C in pill or powder form at one time usually causes diarrhea which has not happened to me or my gf while taking this liposomal C (ph acidic version). So obviously this C is different from the pill or powder form.

--------------

I just finished making my new batch using baking soda. This time instead of using very hot water to dissolve the lethicin I just let it soak for about 45 min. Then I blended it to a real smooth, fine consistency - maybe 40 to 60 seconds.

I dissolved the ascorbic acid in 1/2 cup of water and dissolved the baking soda in another 1/2 cup of water. After the two were dissolved (baking soda wasn't completely dissolved) I slowly combined the baking soda solution with the ascorbic acid solution. This created sodium ascorbate.

Then I took the sodium ascorbate mixture and added it to the blender mixing it for another 15 seconds or so. After that I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner running it for about 8 cycles until all the foam was gone.

My new batch has no yellow solids at all. It came out looking like watery milk. I tried some and the taste is definitely different to the batch I made earlier without the baking soda. It tasted salty. Obviously from the sodium ascorbate. I prefer the taste of my first batch to the saltier taste of this one.

I'll see how the new batch does over time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by betheflow

I'd be careful mate an err on the side of caution, a shot glass is roughly 45 ml, so that about double the dosage, I added an extra cup of water by accident and the solution has still got me buzzing! Just be wary of any side effects, and cut back if need be!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Update to our condition.

Saturday afternoon got ingredients, Soy Lecithin non GMO granules and pure Ascorbic acid powder (crystal C) Blended for 5 minutes and ultra sonic the mixture for 40 minutes.

Saturday we were noticeable more hyper in the evening after both taking 2 teaspoons. didn't fall asleep until midnight. Late for us.

Sunday morning took 2 tablespoon each at 0700 and got quite tired around 0730 so went back to bed till 0830.
Had coffee but no breakfast. Around 1100 both took 1 shot glass full each. That afternoon we were able to clear out 2 1/2 rooms to install wood flooring and not feel too tired at the end. Able to sleep by 1030pm.

Each of us had 1 shot this morning and we are doing fine with no feeling of being tired. Also eating that Quark recipe earlier in this form with blueberries. Taste ok.

We are both in our 40's and are of very good health and active. We do notice more stamina through the day while working.

Sirric

edit on 4/6/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Thanks for playing

This just keeps getting more interesting

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I really like this to be tested on people with fibromyalgia.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well it's been about three hours.
No real change other than my anxiety (I have General Anxiety Disorder) peaked then subsided about 30 minutes after taking the tablespoon full.
Now that could have been the stress of making the batch (trying to get everything right etc) in other words...a change in my usual daily routine.
My SO that has IBS said her stomach started to burn, then stopped and has been pain-free since.
So far no increased energy, alertness, vision etc.
My real test will be tomorrow in the AM when I can just take it without the added stress.
BTW...do you shake or stir up the mixture after it settles overnight before you take it?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli

My wife has fibromyalgia, and she will be testing it later this week. That is part of the reason I asked earlier if the same procedure could be used for Potassium or Magnesium. She is supposed to take those supplements as well, but she rarely takes them, and the pills don't seem useful anyway.

If I could make 3 mixtures, and then combine the 3 mixtures in 1 jar, and she could take 3 tablespoons of the mixture and absorb a significant amount of the supplement, it might be very effective for her!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So most people are getting the ingrediants from "wholefoods"? any other retailer? Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

Originally posted by broli

After seeing that post, I figured I'd chime in. I have had severe fibromyalgia for many years, although I have found a combination of things that keeps me about 95% symptom free.

After reading the thread yesterday, I decided to give it a try. I chose to order the supplements versus making it homemade for a trial run, although I will definitely switch to the recipe version if the supplementst work for me.

I want to thank everyone who has continued to keep the thread updated with their experiences. I will certainly do the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I find it weird that ATS has a strict policy of not talking about drugs, yet it allows this wildly popular thread concerning some experimental drug testing to exist. While banning talk about for instance natural drugs that have been used for thousands and thousands of years. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

Because the DEA won't come after ATS for talking and promoting Vitamin C and Soy Lecithin.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Just wondering out aloud if the non-GMO soy lecithin would trigger any soy allergies in people who are allergic to soy.

I understand that MOST soy allergies come from the soy protein and while soy lecithin is not in the soy protein, it does not preclude a soy allergic reaction.

Not sure if this has been addressed in this thread already.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I really couldn't say. Sorry.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join