It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

They could have shoved lemon juice into him with probably the same result, as its form of vitamin C stay in the body a lot longer that a tablet of vitamin C.The ancdotal evidence of Lemon juice as an anti cancer medicine seems to be getting stronger but theirs no way big pharma can make money on a fruit or veggie unless they geneticaly modify it, then take a patent out on the gene.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

,,, for clarification,,, it wasn't a kid,,,, he was a man in his 50's or 60's,,,,,,,,,,, the video was on a version of 60 minutes, or 20/20 overseas

youtube link
youtu.be...

or,,,,,,,Living Proof Vitamin C Miracle Cure 60 Minutes Video 3 News ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, on utube

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Yea my fault on that. I thought he was early 30's. I must have gotten him confused with another article i read about some kid in his 30s being cured of cancer from some kind baking soda combo out in Europe that some doc is getting attention for.

Still thats even cooler him being i his late 50s

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPIN

Originally posted by newcovenant

No you can't OD on vitamin C. Like the poster above me says...you pee it out. I am waiting to hear from someone who has tried this concoction and can confirm what the OP claims. I wonder why you can't just take C crystals and lecithin separately and get the same effect? Maybe it is a similar effect but becomes stretched out over time and perhaps with this method it is shot into the system quickly and so becomes effective right away?

I know lecithin itself is a undervalued protein removed from cereals and sold in vitamin form while synthetic lecithin is replaced for the real. Many people say this synthetic form is inadequate and humans suffer the loss of it in cereals without ever really recognizing it.

YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN OVERDOSE ON VITAMIN C!
Will you die from an overdose of vitamin C? No.

As noted in a previous post, an OD of C will give you diarrhea, which can be dangerous, and even deadly, if left unchecked. Reducing the dosage of vitamin C until the diarrhea stops is the recommended course of action.

Another thing to be aware of is the increased incidence of KIDNEY STONES for people taking high doses of vitamin C for long periods of time. Of course, I am not a medical doctor and my statements do not constitute medical advice.

I think this is the line taken by the medical community but of course they play it ultra-safe and orthadox. I have heard of mega doses of vitamin C used in some pretty miraculous cures and so they results of an overdose seems to be improved health. Although I have read about diarrhea and loose stools I never have known anyone to actually have them and many people I know take 10 X the recommended dose of Vit C daily.
I think the medical community puts out the myth of Vit C overdose to keep people coming in with their problems. But that's just me. Don't trust the lying sons of beaches. You I believe though.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow... I got through this whole thread... exhausting. Some observations.

First, thanks to the OP for posting this... I have a good background in the physical sciences, as well as some pre-medical and medical training. No, I am not a doctor. I studied Traditional Chinese medicine.

Next... I would encourage the OP to edit his original post, and suggest that there are "xxxxx" and "xxxxx" who have every right to an opinion, and that they should read it as such, and when they become exhausted from their immature narcissistic obsession to hear themselves talk (I should talk ), and prove to everyone else they have little or no scientific training, or capacity for critical thought that isn't ego driven... they should just skip those folks comments entirely.

Science: There are many things to consider about the efficacy of this thread and the substance, liposomal vitamin C. Despite the constant wailing of the skeptic sirens who need not be named (cause anyone who gives a s*** already know who they are), there are a number of things to consider, as well as explain, about the effects the OP and others have attributed to this substance. I am going to presume, for the sake of discussion, that when processed correctly, just as the OP posits and as some of the off site links suggest, that there may well be a molecular level lipid encapsulation of the ascorbic acid, that takes place during this process.

Part of why using ultrasonic waves would be potentially useful in this process, is they have the capacity to disrupt the solutions ingredients to the level of their molecular bonds. If the lipid encapsulation does indeed take place, as has been suggested here, it has something to do with the "charge properties" of the individual molecular structure of all the ingredients.

Again, for the sake of discussion, lets now presume that is what does take place... and for the naysayers... rather than flame me... there are surely children and old ladies who could, at this very moment, greatly benefit from your wisdom and assistance. Why don't you go help them out. We'll all wait here... patiently, for your return...and wouldn't DREAM of engaging in personal curiosity and critical analysis, without your blessing, due to your absence. Honest.

So, as I was saying, we now have the remote internet induced skeptical dialog induction substance in hand, liposomal Vit C, and we start taking it... and we get whatever results we get, or not.

Myself? I have no comment, and no opinion on the specific comments the OP and others have claimed about this stuff. Based on the metabolic processes common to the human mammal, there are some interesting considerations, that lead me to believe, personally, that they may be onto something here.

First, vitamin C is a powerful free radical scavenger. Since it is water soluble, that antioxidant activity is connected mostly to it's impact in the course of it's metabolization, and contact with cell layers as it makes it's way through the system. As has been mentioned, it is critical in the formation of collagen in the human body, which is fascinating and dang marvelous. Collagen is essential in "holding us together", especially our muscle tissue, and without a sufficient supply of vitamin C, healthy production of proteins from amino acids will go into decline. So, given that human beings don't synthesize VC like other critters, it is essential that we get it through good diet... which almost nobody has in modern America.

Okay.. fine. They can get some through supplementation..., although high concentrations from deliberate consumption of foods that contain C are hard to come by... and in order to benefit from it we have to have an optimally alimentary canal, which, again, many many folks just don't have.

So, lets get back to the OP's substance. He and others are taking it, and gaining some interesting effects from it, one which is being mentioned consistently being "sharper vision". I'm going to hazard a theory... (and for the naysayers, I'm completely comfortable with being wrong, or this being merely a mental exercise of my curiosity. Whether you approve or not... because... hard to believe as it is... I am a separate person from you, and have my own interests and curiosities. I hope you can handle that!)

As those familiar with the human body already know... the liver is the "grand filter, and grand storehouse" of a great many by products of the metabolic process. Fat storage, excess chemical energy storage, storage and process of toxic materials in the blood stream... the liver handles ALL of this ad more... and does it with amazing facility, even after years of outright abuse from us humans.

Fat storage... and the storage of toxins in the liver are very much co-mutual processes...

(CONTINUED)

edit on 2-6-2012 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Look here :-
www.vitamincfoundation.org...

majkinetor
Perhaps. Lecithin is used to regulate fatty liver. Fatty liver means that it can't do its job right. Probably means less gluathion available. Less glutathion means less Vitamin C in reduced state.

More, Acetylcholine is neurotransmitter that works in conjunction with the dopamine system to influence your muscle systems. Vit. C is required for dopamine synthesis. Choline from Lechitin is required for Acetylcholine synthesis. I know that those 2 are used in brain-muscle communication, but perhaps it does something to heart too since its a muscle. AH is then used for digestion control. No Choline = no AH = bad digestion. More AH and more C in digestive tract = less glucose (C, cuz of transport competition), less toxins (C), better digestion (AH) => better input of nutrients that are required in increasing quantities when body is in stressed state and lower input of toxins.

www.lewrockwell.com...

Talking about Lipo vitamin c getting high enough concentrations to be in the effective range for cancer cells.

abstract (evidence)

informahealthcare.com...

Results. Preliminary investigations of the effects of liposomal and standard formulation ascorbate showed that blood plasma levels in excess of the previously assumed maximum of 220 µm L−1 are possible. Large oral doses of liposomal ascorbate resulted in plasma levels above 400 µm L−1.

Conclusions. Since a single oral dose can produce plasma levels in excess of 400 µm L−1, pharmacokinetic theory suggests that repeated doses could sustain levels well above the formerly assumed maximum. These results have implications for the use of ascorbate, as a nutrient and as a drug. For example, a short in vitro treatment of human Burkitt's lymphoma cells with ascorbate, at 400 µm L−1, has been shown to result in 50% cancer cell death. Using frequent oral doses, an equivalent plasma level could be sustained indefinitely. Thus, oral vitamin C has potential for use as a non‐toxic, sustainable, therapeutic agent. Further research into the experimental and therapeutic aspects of high, frequent, oral doses of ascorbic acid either alone or (for cancer therapy) in combination with synergistic substances, such as alpha‐lipoic acid, copper or vitamin K3, is needed urgently.

Read More: informahealthcare.com...

Talking about how it is made theory

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

Somewhere in that thread
"Brooks Bradley used a scanning electron microscope to view the liposomes.
He also believed the Sodium Ascorbate to far superior in absorbtion to AA"

and for those who are interested comparing the different methods of making it

racehorseherbal.com...

(I'm still reading this.)

EDIT :
He seems to react the ascorbic acid lipo mixture with bicarb and see if there's foam. The less foam the more
lipo vit c you have. This is a simple test that people can do on the forum here to verify if they are making lipo-vitc.

(So the OP seems ot be correct in his method assuming this information is sound.)

Limbo

edit on 2-6-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Hi and thanks for this post. How important is distilled water in this process ? I have own water from a drilled well no the public.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
(Sorry... this is a rambling stinkin t**d of mental activity, and not super coherent. I'm super tired.)

Fat storage... and the storage of toxins in the liver are very much co-mutual processes... one of the ways that the human body deals with the isolation of toxins, especially nasty dangerous ones, is they are suspended in fatty acids, and then stored, so they can be released when possible without causing excessive toxicity to the blood, kidneys, bladder and other tissues.

That's one reason folks who want to lose weight should be reading labels and avoiding any kind of artificial food additives. Even on a near 0% fat diet, the body will produce fats in order to synthesize and transport dangerous invading substances to prevent them from damaging the system. Yes, there ARE limits to how much and how long this will work, especially gien the huge number of dietary and environmental insults Americans and the "civilized" world visit on their bodies on a daily basis.

Ingesting a fat encapsulated vitamin C formula, would cause a significant increase in the amount of cellular exposure to the anti oxidant properties of vitamin C, as well as some of the toxin neutralizing effects of C. Vitamin C readily donates electrons to unstable molecules that are highly "oxidative". Dietary fats are more often than not, the worst kind of highly unstable rapidly oxidized materials, and the body often just doesn't know how to handle them, so they get stored.

The evolutionary process is designed to burn fats as fuel, but because of a huge excess of consumption of carbs, that process is often delayed by the need of the body to handle all this excess of glucose that is flooding the system, and has to convert it to glycogen in the liver.

Over time... it's fair to say that the liver really has to do a helluva lot of work trying to manage all the excess macronutrients that are flooding the system, far in excess of what can be processed and burned up as fuel, and eventually, things start to go "haywire for the ol liver."

It gets sluggish... (it's already dealing with some real upsets to metabolism generally).

ENTER, FAT encapsulated vitamin c. It immediately starts scavenging toxins and neutralizing some of the nastiness in the stored fatty tissues, allowing the gall bladder to get busy and start dumping stuff into the intestines. It has a direct effect on the production and synthesis of critical amino acids and essential fatty acids in the body that directly impact cellular energy production (making ATP in the mitochondria).

It stand to reason, that this stuff would have a really positive impact on helping the liver rid itself of a backlog of excess stored fat, and kickstart "burning it off".

Interestingly, in Chinese Medicine (3000 + year old highly developed system of medicine), the liver meridian "opens to the eyes". Someone with good energy and clear eyes can usually be counted on to have a really healthy liver. Even in western medicine, big trouble in the liver will show itself diagnostically in the eyes, as "jaundice". Jaundice often shows up in the eyes before it shows up in a yellowing of the skin.

As an organ, the liver needs sufficient "rest", and if it doesn't get it, people may even notice a temporary case of poorer vision, as a reflection of the "tired" condition of the liver from abuse, and lack of rest.

So... this long sleep inducing ramble is to say, the effects, regarding energy and eyesight improvements, based solely on the metabolic processing of vitamin C, and it's multiple uses in brain chemistry, energy production, connective tissue, and various peptide hormones, as well as it's detoxifying impact as an antioxidant, do make some sense.

I think it probably also makes sense, as the previous poster mentioned via his conversation with his grandma/aunt (?), that it is plausible over time that it could have an impact on the overall blood PH, which is certainly worthy of mention.

The other thing worth mentioning, is taking this stuff is hardly a long term solution for the ravaging effects eating certain common but harmful foods has on the human body. Vegetable oil is down right toxic stuff... it was used in the early organ transplant days as a way to suppress the immune system, to prevent organ rejection.

Cutting out all vege oils excepting REAL extra-virgin olive oil (in moderation) and coconut oil (the earlier mention of it was erroneous), would go a LONG way to helping brother liver get along with us much better. Raw cold pressed flax, and some others in supplemental amounts are likely fine.

For my money... I will most likely give the OP's experiment a try myself. It would make sense to be, at the very least, a great short term "detox tonic", and probably fine long term on a "supplemental basis".

Have a swell weekend all...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Archangel01

Archangel01, YES. It would make sense to ONLY use distilled water. When you do this process, ANYTHING in the water, even what would normally be inert minerals, are essentially adding other chemicals into the process.

In tap water, even worse.

In a pinch, you can make a fast effective water distiller with a large stock pot, a clean lid for it, a ceramic or glass bowl, and a little bit of ice.

Put your source water in the pan high enough so there's enough water, but not so high as to "float" the empty bowl. put the pot with bowl and with the water, on the stove. Turn the lid for the pot upside down. Now, the curve of the top and the lid handle will be essentially downward concave going into the pan.

Turn the stove on to boil the water... get it going, and then through a little ice into the inverted pan lid.

The boiled water will RAPIDLY condense, run down the inverted pan lid, and into the empty bowl in the middle of the pan. Viola! Distilled water!

You should probably double check the the pan lid knob, to make sure that it is of a heat inert stage material, just to be on the safe side.

If you are unsure, and it will unscrew from the lid, just take it off, and clean the threads and the pan lid really really well, as well as rinse thoroughly to make sure there is no soap on the lid.

You now have a water distiller.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dasman888

Archangel01, YES. It would make sense to ONLY use distilled water. When you do this process, ANYTHING in the water, even what would normally be inert minerals, are essentially adding other chemicals into the process.

In a pinch, you can make a fast effective water distiller with a large stock pot, a clean lid for it, a ceramic or glass bowl, and a little bit of ice.

Put your source water in the pan high enough so there's enough water, but not so high as to "float" the empty bowl. put the pot with bowl and with the water, on the stove. Turn the lid for the pot upside down. Now, the curve of the top and the lid handle will be essentially downward concave going into the pan.

Turn the stove on to boil the water... get it going, and then through a little ice into the inverted pan lid.

The boiled water will RAPIDLY condense, run down the inverted pan lid, and into the empty bowl in the middle of the pan. Viola! Distilled water!

You should probably double check the the pan lid knob, to make sure that it is of a heat inert stage material, just to be on the safe side.

If you are unsure, and it will unscrew from the lid, just take it off, and clean the threads and the pan lid really really well, as well as rinse thoroughly to make sure there is no soap on the lid.

Super thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Psychosomatism is a real thing. The placebo effect is a real thing. These are scientific explanations for scientific things.

Excuse me, are you saying that the placebo effect is a scientific thing and has a scientific explanation?

I would love to hear that (genuinely).

I'd always found it funny reading medical scientists poo-poo any form of non-physical/non-chemical healing modality but routinely trot out the placebo effect like it's something completely unrelated.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Great post OP.
I'm always looking for DIY ways of improving my health or boosting my immune system naturally.

However I have just had to read through 16 pages of utter BS to see 2 or 3 posters results of their own trials, so those of you that have made this and want to post back your fixings, can you PLEASE U2U me your findings?! I'm also going to make this stuff, and I'll also post my results, and as a courtesy to you OP I'll even U2U my results to you

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I signed up to post in this thread.

I've been experimenting on myself like this for nearly 3 decades, so this looks like fun.

I'm in the camp with RockPuck and Muzzleflash regarding Natural is Best.

HOWEVER VitC has always been an undecided area, especially after having delved into some Pauling, and the consequent destruction of Pauling's reputation by the allopathic machine, which is usually a good sign that someone has found something of tremendous value to the health of the people.

I take NO supplements, except for a superfood mix which I consume daily for the last 20 years. B4 the SF I was taking hundreds of dollars monthly of the highest quality supps and not getting much if anything. The SF gave me results in days and I dumped the supps into the bin.

Having said all of that, I have now ordered an ultrasonic cleaner, some liquid lecithin and a bag of Ascorbic acid granules of ebay (Europe). I'll be using RO water, as I don't have a distiller anymore since reading Schauberger

Whilst I fully appreciate people like to contribute their version of truth, I have difficulty understanding how armchair skeptics and scientists feel their input can be taken seriously until they at least dip a toe in the water. I have much respect for debunkers who have been there and done it, and very little for those that stand on the sidelines shouting negatives at those who are on the field having fun.

I'm treating this thread as a DIY activist thread. I don't care about the science, or knowing whether it is liposomal or frankinsomal, really, if I get energy and over time it is consistent without negative effects, then that's good enough for me.

By the way, we eat almost exculsively organic, and grow a lot of our own. We eat virtually no suger, processed foods etc. We are mostly healthy but still live in the modern world, so still suffer the consequences of our current UNNATURAL world.

Those calling this unnatural, you are right, IMO, but show me something we do in this life that is still NATURAL, as in the way we did it tens or hundreds of thousands of years ago whilst we were evolving the bodies we now live inside of

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Has anybody who has made this solution had it analysed in a science lab to see if what you are making is actually LvC?

A friendly university lab should be able to help out

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archangel01

Originally posted by dasman888

Super thanks

Or ,If you by the bag of ice , it should be made from distilled water (every bag in my local market is)so just melt it and use that......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Has anybody who has made this solution had it analysed in a science lab to see if what you are making is actually LvC?

A friendly university lab should be able to help out

Funny this is exactly what I was just thinking.

I believe the only way to quantify this as a true LvC is to have it analyzed at a professional lab and the results posted here on ATS.

Anyone know of a lab or maybe a University that would be willing to analyze it for no charge?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

This is exactly what I suggested in my first post on this thread. Acidity of the blood from this supplement can be harmful.

People really need to understand the effects first and know what dosages are viable.

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

I have an aunt who owned a company that makes and sells vitamins and minerals, she has a PHD in microbiology and biochemistry and is an osteopathic doctor. The name of her company is Nutritional Counselors of America, she still has some interest in managing the company and research.

I called her today and talked to her about this form of vitamin C and she did tell me that it is very promising as a new way of bonding the vitamin c into the bloodstream since it bonds it to a lipo protien instead of just water. She said this makes it fat soluble and that is why it is absorbed more into the bloodstream. She also said that it has the potential to make your system much more acidic and suggested that if I try this to check my PH at least 3x a day through saliva and urine PH tests for the first several weeks.

The ideal PH for the human body is 7.365, but anywhere from 7.35-7.45 is good. She practices a technique known as "Biological Ionization" that was developed by a man named Carey Reams. His research found that as acidity increased sickness increased since the acidic environment of the body became a basic greenhouse for bacteria to grow.

You can test your body's Ph with regular PH test strips by testing your saliva at least 30 mins after eating or drinking anything and with your urine at least 1 hour after eating or drinking anything. Just collect saliva and urine in a small container and use PH dip strips to test. There are more accurate methods but this is suffecient for a DIY test to get an approximate reading.

My suggestion to anyone that is going to try making and using this Lipo C is to test your PH regularly. As previous posters already stated, an acidic body PH can be very harmful and deadly.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just checking in ....

I wanted to report that neither me nor my gf have had any diarrhea or lose stools as a result of taking this form of vitamin C.

I simply cannot take anymore than 1000mg at a time with regular pill form C or even powder form C without diarrhea.

This is important because it proves that this form of C is different. This C must be covered with the lethicin or else it - if free - would cause diarrhea.

Also the amazing clearness and energy level has continued right through this morning - and now we have taken another tablespoon.

After looking into this further I have decided I am going to make my next batch using baking soda to form ascorbate. That formula or recipe is found about half way down the page here for those interested.

I am doing this so that the ph of the formula is ph neutral or nearly so. I don't know if taking this liposomal C in a highly acidic form is going to be a problem or not so I decided to play it on the safe side. I hear that the ascorbate works just as well if not better. We will see ....

edit: the added ingredient of the baking soda is almost negligible in terms of cost. It will also take just a few more steps but I think in the end it will be worth it. I certainly do not want to acidify my body and unlike normal C the Liposomal C obviously does something different in the stomach and intestines.

Also I will continue to post my results in this thread, even after making the new batch ...

Look forward to hearing other people's results as well ...
edit on 2-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Hey megamind, funny i was just thinking about you and when you were going to post an update, and then bam there you are. Yeah i find i wake up less groggy and am quicker now to do things when i get up. Whereas before, for the 1st hour or , it was like i didnt even know where i was from the brain fog.

Yeah my next batch im going to add the baking soda to balance out the ph as well. Also im going to blend the lecithin in the distilled water and let it soak over night for better absorption.

For those who want to pay for a lab to check this out, im more than willing to pay for shipping to send a sample of,my batch in. Name the place, person, address and im all for it. Regardless im sticking with this stuff on a 5-6 day a week basis and will take a day off, as i usually do from all my other supplement intake.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lol. so much garbage put together in one thread. Hype and more hype.
First of all, the positive mind effects are from the lecithin. It's known for its cognitive improvement qualities.
Secondly, the extra energy is because Vitamin C feeds the Adrenal Glands. They are usually so screwed, that anything you take to help them gives you more energy.
Thirdly, most supplements you try look like miracle drugs the first times you use it. Some look like miracles for longer, sometimes even months. That's called the honeymoon period. Eventually the body adjusts and you'll get back to your old normal self.
And last, all the health benefits are a load of crap. I did the experiment myself. I took the following stack for months:

Chlorella -3g day
Spirulina - 6g day
Vitamin C - 10g+ day
Coconut Oil. (varied dosage every day)
Good Multi Vitamin.
Micronized Zeoilite - A couple tsp/day
Lugol's Iodine - 52mg /day
MSM - A couple tsp/day

I though I would never get sick with this stack as most of the things in the list are promoted as cure all. So I figured, everything mix together will make my body a living hell to bacteria, viruses,etc.
Well I took it for months and the first day I got some drops of rain in my head...bang... sick for the next two days. Sneezing like hell, running nose all day long. etc. Got better and got sick again the following week.
That was the day I stopped believing any of these miracle supplement crap. The crap can't even prevent or cure a simple cold, let alone cure something worst.

At least, it improved my mind and thought process. It' wasn't a total waste of money.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join