It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just made a batch yesterday. I did heat some water to 100F & as it was cooling
mixed the AA into it...everything else was a room temperature mix as I intially
did from the beginning.

I have not had me Lipo Vit C since the 3rd week of March...I ran out of ingredients
then me mum passed away. After all that I had no motivation to do anything except
the rehab for me hip.

Even though I need back surgery, it is not going to happen at this point.
I will start back on me regular regime of Lipo C this weekend or on Mon at the latest.
I have to go out of town on Thur & I want to make sure I have plenty to last through
that weekend.
What a great test this will be after being off of it for 2 months.
Luckily I started last mid March & I have never been sick! Over the past few months
I have felt exhausted & no ambition...but cannot judge since I just lost me mum.

I will still keep posting & trying to keep updated! I thank you!

Cheers
EKtar

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum. First of all, I want to thank you guys for this thread (and also the summary thread) and getting the information out. I was already sold on the benefits of vitamin C, but this liposomal variation, from what I've read and your experiences, seems amazing.

While I'm waiting on the ultrasonic cleaner off of Amazon, I was wondering about a couple of questions.

1. Have any of you guys tried liposomal C topically?

2. I have DMSO at my house. DMSO is supposed to transport things to the blood stream, and from what I've researched, across the blood brain barrier as well - this is both great, but if not careful, could be dangerous, or even fatal. The upper limit of transported molecules seems to be 1000 daltons. My question is have any of guys tried and compared liposomal vs DMSO vitamin C?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, and thank you all once again for reading and responding.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
By the way, here is my recipe - this is a combination of several recipes. Please let me know if there is something glaringly wrong with it.

1. Soak 3 tbsp NOW non-GMO soy lecithin in 0.75 cup DI water. Leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Blend it using Nutribullet blender.
3. Add about 0.25 cup of hot DI water so that the temperature is around 110 F (to "open up" lecithin granules).
4. Mix anywhere from 1 tbsp to 3 tbsp Sodium Ascorbate powder in 0.5 cup of cold DI water. As the temperature lowers from 110, it incorporates Vit C in it.
5. Blend it again like step # 2.
6. Put in the ultrasonic cleaner. I stir it constantly while in it. I put in a timer for 30 minutes, but if I get tired, I'll take a break. Transfer it into a container and store in the refrigerator.

I try to do this at night since light oxidizes Vit C.

Also, how do you guys take care of your ultrasonic cleaner? How do you clean the cleaner?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

Is it possible that maybe someone can point me in the direction of creating or even buying liposomal protein as opposed to vit c?

i have searched online and so far found nothing of substance!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
:-)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fullset
I try to do this at night since light oxidizes Vit C.

While Vitamin C is sensitive to light, that is only significant for storage over many days, not for ~1/2 hour max exposure during preparation. Metal exposure, such as to metal tub is more damaging than some light anyway.

Also, how do you guys take care of your ultrasonic cleaner? How do you clean the cleaner?

Initially I was making it in the tub directly. After preparation, I would wipe the tub with paper towels (first wet, then dry). But then I switched to using a glass beaker that I put into the tub on top of the mesh that comes with the unit.

Suitable thin glass beakers are sold as "French press" replacemet carafe (used for making coffee) e.g. see here . A 12 cup beaker (5 inches diameter) fits nicely into the larger USC unit, while the 3-4 cup beaker fits into the smaller USC units. Besides protecting vitamin C from oxidation (against metal tub), using a glass beaker also makes cleaning and pouring easier.
edit on 10-8-2014 by nightlight7 because: typo

edit on 10-8-2014 by nightlight7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2014 by nightlight7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

A. Thank you for this thread!

B. I will be trying this soon, as I would like to offer the benefits of this to many people in my life!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Should have a separate thread of users who have tried it after reading it here stickied to the first post.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I need some real info on how this could help my cuz who has Crohn's disease.

I dont understand medical jargon...

I just need to know:

1 if it is safe for him to take....
2 If it is gonna help him at all?
3 Where can he buy it...

Can anybody help?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
I need some real info on how this could help my cuz who has Crohn's disease.

I dont understand medical jargon...

I just need to know:

1 if it is safe for him to take....
2 If it is gonna help him at all?
3 Where can he buy it...

Can anybody help?

Yes, yes and yes.

You can buy it here, but it's pretty expensive. I recommend making it at home. Buying the commercial stuff will run you about $100.00 a week (for the amount your friend will need to take).

Making it at home will run you about $15.00 per month.

You can purchase it here:

Liposomal

edit on 29-8-2014 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Julie Washington

Thanks Julie.... i gave him the link...

is there any harm in me taking it too? im healthy n all, but will it harm me if i dont need it or just make me stronger?

Do you know what G6pd deficiency is?? will it have any effect with regards to this?

thank you for your help!!

Also... do you know if there is any way to get liposomal protein. Instead of protein shakes for a workout that is! im thinking it would be way more beneficial for the body to surpass the metabolizing process and simply get protein more quick!

or is that just mumbo-jumbo?

edit on 2014-08-29T22:29:25-05:00201408bpm3108pm2531 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-08-29T22:38:18-05:00201408bpm3108pm1831 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Julie Washington

Thanks Julie.... i gave him the link...

is there any harm in me taking it too? im healthy n all, but will it harm me if i dont need it or just make me stronger?

Do you know what G6pd deficiency is?? will it have any effect with regards to this?

thank you for your help!!

Also... do you know if there is any way to get liposomal protein. Instead of protein shakes for a workout that is! im thinking it would be way more beneficial for the body to surpass the metabolizing process and simply get protein more quick!

or is that just mumbo-jumbo?

I don't really know much about G6PD deficiency.

And I have never heard of a liposomal protein.

Sorry, can't help you there.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I recently found the most inexpensive Liposomal-C (and Liposomal-Glutathione) at amazon.com that I have seen so far. Usually L-C is about $1/1g. This was something like $35/96g. It's by Aurora Nutriscience for anyone interested, and comes in a bottle (as opposed to 1g packets).

Re: above: Liposomal protein would not make sense. The point of liposomal C is to get the acid-enzyme into the blood stream to serve the tissues. Proteins are large molecules which need to go through the digestion process in order to be broken up into their constituent amino acids etc. You wouldn't want to be dumping whole proteins into your blood stream, and your body wouldn't be able to use the aminos (which is the whole point of eating protein) if they weren't digested.

Aside from all that, look at how much DIY formula it takes to encapsulate even a few tablespoons of ascorbic. Even 1 meal of a quality protein powder uses that much or more of the focus ingredient. If you need more protein in your life aside from what meat gets you, probably best just to stick to protein powders. Natural Factors is a good brand though not cheap, their unflavored is probably the best quality I've found. There are others that are likely better for distributed digestion and taste (such as Syntha-6) but they have a tiny bit of crappy ingredients... some people care more about that than others.

If you have issues with digesting protein that are making it difficult, I recommend Great Lakes brand kosher Collagen Hydrolysate, which is already denatured (like your digestion would do, it's already broken down into aminos), and/or some digestive enzymes for proteins, there are lots of those available you can take with meals. (Actually I recommend the CH anyway. This is a spectrum of aminos most people in our culture are deficient in our whole lives. It's what people who eat 'the whole animal' get tons more of, and we eating nothing but a few muscle meats don't.)

Best,
RC
edit on 8-9-2014 by RedCairo because: bought another paragraph break

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster
Sorry I forgot to put the reply-to in my post above so it would trigger a notice.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ascorbic acid was originally endogenous to higher primates (such as humans), the way it is to nearly every other creature on earth except guinea pigs, a fruit bat and a couple rare birds. A retrovirus is believed to have wiped out the ability for the last step in the process in our bodies. This simply makes us extremely vulnerable in every way. Getting some of it or even a lot of it will not hurt you. (I don't have anything I'm trying to cure with it either.)

If you took a lot of it ongoing you'd want to be sure you supplemented with other nutrients including minerals. If you were taking a lot you'd want to make sure you didn't abruptly stop, as your body will adapt and it would make you temporarily scorbutic and more vulnerable than usual. If you are taking forms that are in your digestive system, you'd want to do it in small frequent doses to reduce the osmotic effect in the colon (stool flush).

I'm not a doc (actually I doubt most docs would know either) but I'd think it would be, if anything, helpful for that deficiency. There is a relationship between glucose and ascorbic but right now my brain is fuzzy and I have to go to work, so I can't dig it up. In any case, there are many good reasons for ascorbic that aren't about trying to cure anything; general resistance to illness, improved ability to absorb shock both psychological and physical, and many other things.

Best,
RC

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

Thanks for the reply... very helpful!!!

I will try to get my cousin to consume liposomal vit c..... he is kinda stubborn and says that he cannot take it due to the other medications he takes (hes afraid it will clash).

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First off, thank you so much for this informative thread!

I was wondering if someone could provide me with the best recipe that you guys have found to work. I do not have time to go through 125 pages as I am very busy most of the time. I just ordered everything I need to make this but was wondering if there was a better process or recipe than was is in the OP?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Check out Julie Washington's thread summary:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That has the basic formula on the first message. I am guessing it is the same as for this thread, but it's been so long since I saw the start of this monster thread I'm not sure. ;-)

RC

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I forgot that I had wanted to report something on this thread.

I made a bunch of formula components in advance, separately, bottles of lecithin and water and ascorbic and water, and put them in the fridge.

I didn't use them for like... a month. At least. They had no issues. The lecithin had the tiniest bit of settling at the bottom of the jar (not enough to matter).

Then I combined them into the emulsified/liposomal formula and put in bottles and put in the fridge.

A few sat there for six weeks. At least. I took the last one out the other day to use it. It's just fine. Still not separated.

My fridge is very cold, granted.

I'm not sure what the heck could go bad in this anyway, especially refrigerated.

Anyway, I had always wondered what the 'refrigerated shelf life' of this stuff was, and whether too much time sitting would break the emulsion or cause other problems. But it looks and tastes the same as when it is fresh.

Go figure.

RC

new topics

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join