It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des - How much are you taking daily now?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar - Thanks for the fantastic update!

Sending healing prayers you're way!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thank you! I have not been ill since I started taking this
in March 2013. I hope to remain that way especially with winter
coming.
I wish there was a good formula to figure out the rise
in blood glucose for diabetes. Me mum could really benefit
from the Lipo Vit C but it's too complicated for her to figure
out the high readings & make adjustments. I did go to the
sites you sent me in the past & those guys were still working on it.

Cheers
Ektar

Yes Des the Stick mixes very well & FAST! I blew up the reg blender LOL!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Side note: I weighed myself yesterday (haven't done that in at least 6 months) and I'm down 15 pounds. I'm about 40 pounds overweight (now only 25 ) so I don't enjoy weighing myself all the time. So is a side affect of the Vitamin C weight loss? Well see if I lose another 15 over the next 6 months. I haven't started exercising or changed anything in my diet so I'm not sure of the cause of the weight loss.

-------------------------------------

I have just joined partly to respond to this and mostly to become a data point in this great discussion. I have the ingredients, UC machine(the large Harbour Freight unit) and the motivation. Well start the process tonight.

So, the weight loss. I think it could be vitamin C, but I think that it is more likely the lecithin(just noticed, leci-thin). My thinking is partly that the low-fat, high carb(damaged with GMO/toxic crap) has been a major experiment and is the largest cause of the body not being able to fix itself. The body can't deal with the toxic byproducts of the food(and environment) and to shield itself encapsulates the toxins in body fat. It is lacking undamaged lipids to help deal with the toxins.

The brain well take apart the body to keep it functioning. And well keep demanding more sustenance if it is not receiving enough of the right kind/quality. I used to think that people were fat due to lack of exercise and will power. Now I know that while exercise is really usefull, especially for the limbic system, it does not "burn" the calories in sufficient quantities to be the "way". And will power is a limited resource. With a body that demands more, put a cake in front of it and sure the first time it's easy to say no. But if you have to do that same denying 50 times....

My most recent discovery has been Bulletproof Coffee. Uses a different process to prevent mold toxins to form on the coffee(a real problem) and adding grassfed butter(~2T), MCT oil(~2T) and blending for a minute or two. Adding the good fats, while tasting good has increased my vitality, dropped my body fat, increased brain function, etc. I still have problems, amalgam fillings,etc but this was a major gain.

I am excited to try lipo-C. Am using Lipo-glutathione. I was lucky in finding a good doctor 7 yrs ago that recommended using glutathione with vit c and honey dissolved on the tongue. He also had me make a mixture of butter, acidophilus, zinc carnosine, collagen, and olive oil. These were to combat inflammation. It took awhile to figure out that I had a parasite which caused many food intolerances. Even with his help, I have come to realize that we need to take our health in our own hands. There is so much quality information out there. So hard to get people to listen. We have been conditioned to let the experts tell us what to do. Still can't get my dad, a retiring doctor to listen

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bruceT

Hello BruceT so glad you are finally starting as it has been helping me tremendously!
I am looking forward to your contributions, insights & information. I want to eventually
add the glutathione to my mix but won't happen until after the first of the year.

I have never heard of Bullet Coffee & bloody thought you were going to say
it really Kicks Your A$$, LOL! I will have to look into that one...for the most part I drink tea.

When I stopped eating boxed food & carbs I lost 65 lbs...well also anxiety plays a huge part.
I do have a few carbs as in a veggie wrap once or twice a week & really good oatmeal
a few times a week (weekends).

I love ALL the education I have gotten from this thread & am thankful that it
continues!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hi

I have read this thread some time back but i didnt get into it much.

However I was recently with my cousin and he has crohn's disease. While speaking to him i remembered this thread and told him i would get more info about it.

I do not have time to read the 100+ pages in this thread, has anything been determined regarding this med?

Should he try taking it? is it safe?

more importantly, does this thread give accurate description of how its made?

Thanks bro im waiting for your insight!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ya, most people that drop out on coffee probably get too much aflatoxins in their brew. There are those using tea as their lipid delivery medium. I myself didn't use coffee until last march(at 51). Dr. Terry L. Wahls uses tea in her diet which is much like the bulletproof diet. She cured her own MS and is having a ton of success with a lot of autoimmune diseases. I think she uses full fat coconut milk in her tea. She has a book launching soon. As does David Aspey.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
replying to Combatmaster

Here's what I could find in my notes, that might relate to Crohn's:

Lecithin:

* Without sufficient lecithin, your body cannot utilize the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.

* Lecithin in the digestive tract reduces bloating, hyperacidity and flatulence.

* Reduces plasma membrane disruption by hydrophobic bile salts. It may play a key role in preventing bile salt injury of biliary and gastrointestinal epithelia.

Ascorbic Acid:

* Reduces histamine. This can diminish histamine-induced issues in everything from bowel-reaction (food intolerance) and basic 'environmental allergies' to some mood disorders.

* Recycles (increases) glutathione, the body's most powerful antioxidant, by 50%. Optimizes (can increase) the active vitamin D in the body. Recycles (increases) the Vitamin E in the body. (Both D and E also function as antioxidants, and more.) Reduces cortisol output by about 20%. These are all useful if intestinal permeability is an issue and the body is likely regularly dosed with the free-radical results of leaky gut or damaged tissue-response to food.

* Increases the absorption of iron which is often low in women and in people who bleed internally.

* Fights sepsis, which in even very subtle form is not unusual with gastric-related illnesses.

* From a study I once snipped: Ascorbic acid inhibited the growth of pathogenic intestinal flora and reduced the pathogenic and relatively pathogenic bacteria count in the gastrointestinal tract and notably contributed to enhanced growth of beneficial bacteria.

* Both AA (collagen-related) and Lecithin help form/replace cell membranes (some for AA, all for Lec) and the myelin sheath around nerves. Lots of both of those in the gastrointestinal system that can probably use repairing if someone has a known disorder.

I've seen ref to AA helping with intestinal stuff, but:

1 - in the context of other vitamins, don't take this alone, especially A-D3-E-K2 (fat soluble vitamins)

2 - in the context of minerals is helpful, many of the healing elements require the liver which requires its own nutrients

3 - buffer the C, once the encapsulation is completed, mix with some baking soda to buffer whatever percentage of C remains unencapsulated. C is acidic and while that actually has some positives, lessening that might reduce discomfort if there is actual raw tissue in the intestines.

Best wishes for your friend.
edit on 8-11-2013 by RedCairo because: added reply ref

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Hi Red I'm always grateful for your educational inputs!
I am not familiar with the K2 Vit...also I suffer from ADHD
& extreme anxiety with panic attacks for 3 yrs now from
a drug reaction. I never had this before & that drug pushed
the anxiety over the top & began the panic attacks.

I plan after the first of the year to upping me dose to 4 oz
three times a day & will do more if necessary & add glutathione.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar: Niacin (only the flush kind. NOT slow-release let alone no-flush) works pretty well for dealing with a lot of disorders related to everything from anxiety to schizophrenia to high blood cholesterol. Needs to be the kind that makes you get flushy-hot-red for a bit though. Which btw diminishes if you take it regularly, but is related to the histamine production so the worst off your body is the worse it will be. Take lipo-C around the same time, because that reduces histamine quite a bit, to tamp down the reaction.

Take it in the context of other B vitamins, though everything should always be in the context of a good multi-mineral (ideally humic-fulvic too) and the spectrum of vitamins particularly the fat-soluble ones (bio forms only: A from fish liver oil, D3 (not D2!), E (mixed tocopherols, including gamma), and K2 (not K1 or K3! though 'including' some K1 is ok).

This may not be the best link but it is A link of a pretty good interview related to Niacin:

www.doctoryourself.com...

To bring this back to the focus of the thread: Take alongside Lipo-C, of course. ;-)

edit on 8-11-2013 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I've been making my mixture with de-ionized water, rather than distilled.
Will this matter ?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the main point about the water is you don't want minerals in it as ascorbic binds to minerals (which is why it's good for heavy metal detox, but also good for making you mineral deficient if you don't supplement while taking high-dose C) and then the liposomal formula tends to not stay bound. Same reason to use ascorbic acid and not AA bound to a buffering mineral.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
On the recommendation of the OP (and other reviewers) I bought the highest-rated liposomal on Amazon and tried it. I think it made my fatigue worse. I think I have a soy sensitivity (even though they used non-GMO soy). I'm going off it for a few days then will try it again, just to see.
edit on 10-11-2013 by cdevidal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by dominicus

Hi

I have read this thread some time back but i didnt get into it much.

However I was recently with my cousin and he has crohn's disease. While speaking to him i remembered this thread and told him i would get more info about it.

I do not have time to read the 100+ pages in this thread, has anything been determined regarding this med?

Should he try taking it? is it safe?

more importantly, does this thread give accurate description of how its made?

Thanks bro im waiting for your insight!

Combatmaster - Please have your cousin read the following links.

Crohn's disease is most likely a Vitamin C deficiency.

Just remember dosage is contraversial. Don't believe it when they say 100 mgs a day is enough. Should be 2,500 mgs or even much more if you are sick.

Scurvey and Vitamin C Deficiency in Crohn's Disease

Antioxidants are useful for Crohn’s disease sufferers because they do not assimilate nutrients well, and they have an increased risk for cancer. Antioxidants prevent oxidative damage, which helps slow the cycle of cellular destruction. They also help to heal the gastrointestinal lining. -

There is no known single cause of Crohn’s disease; many factors can contribute to the development of a faulty immune system that turns on itself. Some of the main factors that contribute to autoimmune conditions include imbalanced intestinal flora, dysbiosis, leaky gut syndrome, improper diet, hygiene hypothesis and external toxic insults. - See more at: vitalitymagazine.com...

This is everything that Vitamin C works for.

You can also read my thread about Vitamin C What You Don't Know in my signature for a shorter outline of Vitamin C Benefits.

Also there is a summary of this thread in my signature as well.
edit on 13-11-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thank You Julie

I am gonna get this to my cousins attention.

I appreciate the effort!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

kinglizard
Not to confuse this thread but it encouraged me to look for other effective supplements. I found a reputable site to purchase Vit b12 injections. Should be getting it in a few days. It's a twice a week injection and I'll let you know how it goes. Still doing the vit C 3 times a day.

Would you be so kind as to share your link??

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm wondering if you guys have seen any reference to the dosage of ascorbic acid being affected by the bodyweight of the individual? Julie do you know? In many nutrients, this is a fairly critical issue. I can't find anything on this. I have a high bodyweight, even in bone, so this may compensate compared to ordinary mortals. ;-)

I am about to begin a brief experiment with high dose liposomal C. My process appears to work pretty well and I expect that I am getting a good encapsulation. This is allegedly estimated at ~79% absorption, but to be conservative I estimate 70%.

I was unable to find specific refs to the approximate absorption % of the different forms (oral AA, oral buffered-AA, liposomal, intravenous) of C and would appreciate if anyone has specific refs as I'm going off fuzzy memory here. I searched for the IV rates and got paralysis by analysis at the amount of data none of which just said "about X %."

I had once read that intestinal absorption of oral AA was around 10-16%; that buffered intestinal absorption was 18-23%, but I am not sure about that, or whether that 'translates' after processed by the body as truly that much. I had once read that IV absorption was actually only 30-odd% but its ability to be a chronic ongoing dose was the bigger deal with it, however in the research refs I find, they refer to 'blood levels' as up to 70-100-fold higher (maximums) than oral dosage; then again we aren't really concerned with what the blood has (note: plasma concentrates may be higher than whole-blood) but what the tissues have, and this seems to vary with the person and tissues and may be a completely separately thing, so... maybe it's just impossible to measure.

I have not been able to find research on lecithin dosages over 30g/day in normal weight humans and I'm pretty sure that was soy lecithin from unknown sources. I currently use sunflower lecithin. And since the only studies I can find on C are on intravenous, and I don't know how to compare that decently to liposomal -- especially since drip-IV and large-dose swallows are yet another variable -- I'm not sure on that one either.

I'm intending to ingest approximately 90g lecithin and 30g ascorbic (together in homemade liposomal form) daily (that is 2 batches), as many days as possible for a maximum of 8 weeks. I am rather poor at consistency I'm afraid so I'm going to make a real effort but I may miss some days. I will taper off (within 7 days) at 8 weeks if I have not already stopped the experiment for other reasons. I am re-starting taking it after having not ingested any of it for a few weeks, so any previous amounts should be out of my system.

I intend to simply record how I feel a couple times a day in a few categories, and any symptoms good or bad which may relate. This is a medium term test to see what effect both lecithin and ascorbic have on me. Both are separate variables which are known to be good but could, in high dose, be questionable. Obviously this is only an N=1 casual layman experiment, so there is no control, and placebo effect likelihood is high.

Although, as a caveat to the placebo note, I am actually not expecting any "noticeable" effect from having a dose higher than my previous dosages, except possibly it may be slightly more diuretic, and possibly have some more noticeable skin benefit. (If it seems too acidic I may take up some yogurt in a big way.) My hope is that it may have some NOT 'noticeable' effects which may still be "good under the hood," so to speak, for liver, kidneys, bladder, gastrointestinal tract, nerve sheaths and all cell membranes. However I am not sure that effects in those areas would be consciously perceivable to me even if it did do some good, aside from the same degree of positive effects I have already previously experienced from lower dosages.

I will ask my best friend to post here if it should kill me, so I can at least serve as a warning to others. ;-) I don't expect it to.

----------

low estimate 70% absorption x 30g (daily in separate doses) = 21g via liposomes
9g remaining, baking soda buffer on it to spare some sourness, so estimate ~20% absorption (higher due to buffer) = 1.8g
so that is 22.8g total assumed absorption
with 6.2 assumed either venting into the digestive system outlets or used promptly to handle junk in my system.

This may seriously mess up my digestion. I cannot handle more than 2g orally even of buffered forms without digestive issues in pills. We'll see. I'll put up with it if so, as long as I can anyway.

I was attempting to figure out what this would equate to in other forms of C.
At 16% oral absorption of (non-buffered) AA, it would take 142.5g intake to equal this.
Since I don't know what the IV tissue-absorption rate is, I can't compare it to that.
Part of my goal was to come up with a number that would be similar to IV doses of ~100g+/daily.

My hope is to take this in 3 doses of 1 cup each.

I have previously taken my homemade liposomal C in daily doses ranging from 1/2 cup (about 5g AA/15g Lec) to 1.5 cups (15g AA/45g Lec) daily. I have not taken any but the smaller dose for even as much as 4 days consecutively. Aside from the first 10 days or so (on small dose) I've been very sporadic, with long periods off, and almost no periods with more than 3 days in a row without 1 to 1++ days missed.

During this I will also be intaking a complete spectrum of (in many cases high-dose) vitamins, minerals, and some other enzymes and herbs. And while my food intake is normally very healthy, this is happening during the holiday season, a vacation, a friend visiting, so my food is actually likely to be pretty crappy through a lot of this. Well, good thing I'll be taking plenty of C, lol.

Will put high-volume process in next post (went over char count).

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is my process for high-volume lipo-C. I reiterate it only as thread is so long and because this is the way I do mega-amounts of it which I haven't talked about before.

Note the links in Julie Washington's signature line for many great Liposomal-C details.

Also I have the following free external links with info on the topic:
Curing the Incurable – Venous or Lipo C – My Book Notes
My Components for Lipo-C (+ overview)
Making Lipo-C – Details (ad-nauseum)
Good stuff about Lecithin which is in Lipo-C
Venous and Lipo-C – Misc. Collected Internet Notes

Bulk Liposomal-C

* I have a sonicator which holds about 6-7 cups (4 batches) but I only do 3 batches at a time (4.5 cups total formula).

* I have lots of half-gallon glass bottles I use for storing the ingredients (foil around the AA-water as light harms it) and brown or blue smaller bottles I use for holding the finished formula (worst-case, canning jars with foil around them).

* I blend 3 Tbsp (~45g) sunflower lecithin crystals in 1 cup (~240g) room temp distilled water, briefly in the magic bullet cup, and dump it into a larger container. Lots of these until 4 half-gallon containers go in the fridge. It sits at least overnight, as much as a couple weeks (haven't had any issue with this time lag).

* I blend 1 Tbsp (~15g) pure non-gmo ascorbic acid into 1/2 cup (~120g) distilled water, briefly in the magic bullet cup, and dump it into a larger (covered/opaque) container. Lots of these until a couple half-gallon containers go in the fridge. It sits as long as it needs to, as much as a couple weeks (haven't had any issue with this time lag).

--------

When I need to make a batch:

1. Heat 3 cups of the lecithin-water to a temp of around 105-115 F, stir well, check temp.

2. Put 1 cup Lec-H20 into high-speed bullet blender, add 1/2 cup fridge-cold AA-H20 and blend for ~30 seconds. It is assumed liposomes are forming here with the drastic sudden temp drop. Dump into container. Do this for the 3 x 1.5 cup mixes and then dump container of all of it into the sonicator.

3. Sonicate with lid turned to side (so 'half-off' for venting) in cycles of 8 minutes sonicating, then 20 minutes of rest to cool, then a brief stir and new cycle. Usually this takes 4 cycles, sometimes 5, to reduce the foam to close enough to none. (I have actually forgotten this for a whole day and then continued and it didn't seem to hurt it.) So it takes around 2-2.5 hours for the 3-batch formula. However, I only have to check it every half-hour or so which is way better than when I had to pay more attention to it, since it's in another room from where I sit.

4. When done, add a little baking soda to buffer the % of the ascorbic that remains unencapsulated, to reduce taste, reduce acidity, and hopefully increase absorption rate. This probably doesn't get all of it, just some. Sometimes I do the official 'test' for encapsulation but since my making it is consistent now I assume it's about the same.

5. Dump it into colored or opaque jars for storage and put in fridge.

edit on 17-11-2013 by RedCairo because: links, size

edit on 17-11-2013 by RedCairo because: apparently the forum's css for links makes them gigantic and barely a diff color than text. trying to make them a normal size.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I did find this interesting chart in a paper, the figure is about the encapsulation "efficiency" percentages. Now how you define efficiency, I don't know, despite I skimmed the paper.

ASEAN Food Journal 14 (1): 1-14 (2007)
Review Paper
Microencapsulation of Vitamins
Wilson, N. and *Shah, N.P.
School of Molecular Sciences Victoria University

While I'm at it I was wondering how freezing would affect this. Still don't know, but did find this quote about where they were using liposomally encapsulated C in food:

Rodgers (2004) studied the use of ready meals as carriers for nutraceuticals. They fortified cook-freeze mashed potato with encapsulated vitamin C. They looked at the effect of three process treatments: a control with no vitamin C addition, ordinary vitamin C addition (33 mg/100 g) and encapsulated vitamin C addition (50 mg/100 g). Results showed that ordinary vitamin C plus potato mash was reduced slightly in fresh and freeze processes and was greatly reduced to only 2-3 mg/100 g in chill and freeze chill processes. In contrast, the encapsulated vitamin C, which started off at higher concentrations, remained high in all processes. The greatest reduction was in chill and freeze chill processes, but not to the same degree as ordinary Vitamin C plus potato mash and ~ 15 mg/100 g was still present. This shows that the microencapsulated Vitamin C survived the process conditions better than ordinary vitamin C.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Here is the working link for the paper.

Note also that this paper did not cover nano-spherical encapsulation (~150 nano-meters spheres) but spheres of 5 micrometer or larger, which is 33 times larger. The difference is that latter form is not transported into cells directly but needs to get unpacked and repackaged into vesicles (our internal nano-spheres) in the liver, which results in additional loss of efficiency.

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join