It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi, I'm back from an allergy crash...unrelated to the Lecithin question....

At least, with the Lip-C I recover much much more rapidly....

After being on the phone with Swanson I'm impressed by their commitment to quality control and their transparency....

Since I spoke with Swanson I have been sonicating the 'new' Non-GMO Soy Lecithin in its darker and smaller granule form with great success....

Not only Swanson's attitude but just as equally the response of the people here have given me the confidence to try the lecithin....and I'm glad I did...

It seems to be even better....I don't get the usual 'schmear' of lecithin on the bottom of the Ultrasonic Cleaner....with either the Vitamin C or the Glutathione....and absolutely no side-effects....And that welcome sense of well-being returns shortly after taking my dose....

My friend with the Sunflower Lecithin that I reacted to hasn't tried it yet...I'll make sure to provide an update here...but I'm developing the confidence to think that it is good stuff and that my reaction to it was a personal sensitivity problem....but...it remains to be seen....

Thanks again to everyone who responded with their personal experiences....it was a scary couple of days there...and you helped....

Tarasco

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I guess i am one of the unlucky ones. I used this...not prepared by me but bought it, expensive... a month and had no change no results at all so i decided not to bother making my own.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Char-Lee

I guess i am one of the unlucky ones. I used this...not prepared by me but bought it, expensive... a month and had no change no results at all so i decided not to bother making my own.

Many people have said the already made stuff is not as potent and does not have the same effect as the homemade. But to each his own

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Hi Char-Lee...

I see you are West Coast too...if you were in Victoria I would be happy to make you up a batch or two or...that you could experiment with....

It took a while for me to see the results...just the enhanced sense of well-being is worth it...

Its so much cheaper to make one's own....and you can take as much as you want to experiment with without worrying about the overhead...once you have the Ultrasonic Cleaner....thats the only real expense....and you can always use it to clean your eye glasses, etc....(thats humour...but it does make your glasses look like new...)

Tarasco

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, I had a great experiment with the Flu this weekend... not on purpose.

The last month or so I've been a little lazy in taking my Lipo Vit-C. Taking it only once in the morning (1.5 oz) and forgetting to take a second dose in the afternoon.

Friday morning when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Sore muscles, pounding headache, completely stuffed sinuses, runny nose, sore throat...

This would be what I would normally get every year that put me in bed for at least a week and turn into bronchitis and/or pneumonia.

Not this time!

I immediately got up and took a 2oz shot and followed this by 1oz every 3 hours (except while sleeping) all weekend.

After taking my first 2oz shot I got immediate relief. My sinus cleared, the aches went away and the sore throat disappeared.

I've stayed this way all weekend. I can still feel the sinus pressure slightly in my head so I know my body is still fighting it, but the Vitamin C has worked it's magic and has keep the symptoms completely mild, no fever, no runny nose, no congestion, no sore throat.

I continued to have a full weekend of activities including hosting a dinner party with 12 people and felt perfectly up to the task.

This is amazing to me. When I get the flu.... I get it bad. My husband is completely impressed as he knows how sick I usually get.

The lesson learned in this for me (just as Dr. Oz and Dr. Linus Pauling say) The minimum maintenance amount you should take on a daily basis is 2,500 mg.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm sure the universe will (eventually) forgive you for using Oz and Pauling in the same sentence as if they are any kind of equals LOL.

I've really sucked at taking this regularly -- because I'm a lame-ass whiner about the taste -- but will be making more today or tomorrow. I notice differences in not taking it for awhile, although I have been experimenting with taking some other things in the meantime (such as mass D3 with some A/E/K2) to see the results. So far all the supplementation I've tried has seemed very helpful.

Except for sleeping. B vitamins and D3 definitely should not be taken after early afternoon or I'm wired all night! I didn't realize they were so good at that in high dose -- maybe people should skip energy drinks for some quality vitamins.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

"I'm sure the universe will (eventually) forgive you for using Oz and Pauling in the same sentence as if they are any kind of equals LOL."

LOL - A bit of an oxymoron isn't it? The kook and the chemist.

But both are right.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How do you make the stuff?

STUFF

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

My wife takes it mixed 50/50 with pinapple jucie as the only way shee can drink it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wilsongrace1111

Look in the Thread Summary. You'll find the recipe there.

Thread Summary

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So sorry for the delayed update. I finally had me Total Hip Replacement
on 27 Aug. I informed my surgeon that I was taking Lipo Vit C & he had never
heard of it but was familiar with the effects of high dosing Vit C & allowed
me to bring my Lipo C to the hospital. My first walk in hospital after surgery
was 700 FT (suppose to be 300 FT) plus exercises...I blew them away. All my exercises were too easy
however they lost control of me pain 2 times during the 3 night stay.

Exactly 2 wks post surgery I was off the walker, cane, & driving...most people
are still stuck trying to do the simplest exercises & still on a walker for 4 to 6 wks.

At home therapy concluded after 2 wks because I kept breaking records
beyond what they could conceive so they stopped coming.

I still have a long healing period due to atrophy in leg not being used for ~ 2 yrs.
Lipo Vit C has made everything a night & day difference for me.

It is because of the Lipo Vit C that I was able to get around before surgery & am
healing quickly. I am so ever thankful to Dominicus, Julie Washington & Des to push
me buttons to finally start this regime. THANK YOU!

Cheers
Ektar

PS Des I finally got a wand mixer...bloody hell what a difference & also so
much less messy!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Wow! That's awesome! I'm really glad to hear that it has gone so well for you!! I know it's still a hard road, but that's fabulous that it's already been greatly improved over the average.

Another thing I have been experimenting with that seems to have (more gradually but) really helped is
a) full-spectrum hydrolyzed (that means already broken down to aminos-level) protein ('elite' has this) and
b) extremely high-dose vitamin D3 (there is no known upper limit on D3, like C, but be sure you take plenty of vitamin K2 with it and also some A [from natural/fish liver sources] and E with it.
I have been rather anorexic for a long time (not skinny, just under-appetite and poor food) so fundamentally I'm working on just giving my body all the "raw building blocks" it needs (aminos, minerals, vitamins, enzymes) and it does seem so far that if I give it all the raw ingredients, it does very well at working things out.

Then I get lazy and start thinking it doesn't really matter, I mean it's no big deal, and then usually I go on for a long time without taking C or certain other supps until I suddenly realize how much worse I feel than when I was taking them. It's like the frog 'gradually' boiling in water that I only notice the extremes.

I think the lecithin and the ascorbic are both good for so many things on so many levels it's ridiculous. Your excellent results when using it just remind me of how easy it is to forget how much better I feel when I'm taking it regularly.

PS I forgot to ask: What dosage/frequency did you take during all this?

edit on 31-10-2013 by RedCairo because: revised

edit on 31-10-2013 by RedCairo because: PS

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Thanks for your reply & support. I too get lazy...like tonight I should be making Vit C
but I'm tired & I hope I have enough to last me through the weekend since I will be
out of town. I never miss more than 2 days as I missed 10 days once due to supplies
& I really back slid & won't do that again. I have been taking 3 oz three times a day
but plan is to increase to 4oz three times a day to help more with ADHD & anxiety.
It has been helping in those areas but I feel like I need to try more & check results.

Thanks for the Vitamin reminder as I have been SO bad lately about forgetting to take
mine & so I just took them & loaded me pill case for the weekend. Here's what I take...
Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil (2 gel caps) Fish 800mg, Flax. 800mg, Essential Oils
( evening primrose seed, black currant seed, & borage oil seed) = Omega 3 800mg,
Omega 6 380mg & Omega 9 300mg

Niacinamide 500mg
Vit D3 10,000 iu (I suffer from SAD) is why I take that dose.
Sublingual B12 - 5000 mcg (some times I do 10,000 mcg)
E-Mergency which has Vit C & many of the B Vits

Combo Vit - 3 caplets daily
Calcium 1000 mg
Magnesium 400 mg
Zinc 15 mg
Spirulina

What about Vit K2? I am not familiar with that one. I know we give Vit K to animals
that have been exposed to rat poison or any other anticoagulants.

You have posted many very informative post & I thank you for your time & hard work!

Cheers
Ektar

Prior to surgery I was taking 2 oz three times a day & I upped it to 3 oz three times
a day 1 week before surgery & have maintained. However plan is to up it to 4 oz
three times a day.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Ektar because: Left out significnt info

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I forgot to mention that me blood pressure since upping the Vit C
dose right before surgery has been normal. That would be from the middle
of Aug until a week ago. It has been high for 2 1/2 to 3 yrs. Once I initially
started the Vit C in mid March 2013 it started becoming normal with an
occasional miss. But it has been bloody right on since the week before surgery
when I upped the dose & still is perfect.
The anxiety & panic had caused it to be high & therefore I know the Vit C made
it normal again as it is helping with the anxiety issues.

When I saw my current Dr a week or so ago & I mentioned the Vit C... bloody hell
she actually listened to me from the past (months ago) visit when I initially spoke
about how much the Lipo C was helping me. She said she watched a video...blew
me away. She said she could not believe how dedicated I am & my response was
"I have to take care of myself, nobody else is going to so I have to do whatever it
takes!"
It was so nice to see that the Dr actually heard me & researched the info I had
given...it's rare as far as I know & I come from the medical field.

Cheers
Ektar

My dogs will be on it after I get everything settled at home.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

How long do I need to have the sonic cleaner on for, to get the ideal mix ?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Julie Washington
Well, I had a great experiment with the Flu this weekend... not on purpose.

The last month or so I've been a little lazy in taking my Lipo Vit-C. Taking it only once in the morning (1.5 oz) and forgetting to take a second dose in the afternoon.

Friday morning when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Sore muscles, pounding headache, completely stuffed sinuses, runny nose, sore throat...

This would be what I would normally get every year that put me in bed for at least a week and turn into bronchitis and/or pneumonia.

Not this time!

I immediately got up and took a 2oz shot and followed this by 1oz every 3 hours (except while sleeping) all weekend.

After taking my first 2oz shot I got immediate relief. My sinus cleared, the aches went away and the sore throat disappeared.

I've stayed this way all weekend. I can still feel the sinus pressure slightly in my head so I know my body is still fighting it, but the Vitamin C has worked it's magic and has keep the symptoms completely mild, no fever, no runny nose, no congestion, no sore throat.

I continued to have a full weekend of activities including hosting a dinner party with 12 people and felt perfectly up to the task.

This is amazing to me. When I get the flu.... I get it bad. My husband is completely impressed as he knows how sick I usually get.

The lesson learned in this for me (just as Dr. Oz and Dr. Linus Pauling say) The minimum maintenance amount you should take on a daily basis is 2,500 mg.

The jug I have only has....pt...fl oz and ml so I can't measure mg.
How much would the daily dose be if its in fl oz ?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Congrats on all the good news Ektar...and getting the new stick/wand hand mixer. Sure saves a lot of time and clean up. Plus it mixes so damn well...

I've upped my dose over the past year too...I don't know how I got up and did anything before adding Lipo-C to my daily diet. I think I must have been a slug back then..

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

I run my sonicator through 3 - 8 minute cycles for a total of 24 minutes.

The standard recipe produces about 1,000 mgs in a one ounce shot.

So if you take a 2oz shot of Lipo C you are getting about 2,000 mgs.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Thanks Julie.
So what would be the daily limit ?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

lambros56

Thanks Julie.
So what would be the daily limit ?

There is no daily limit.

However, I recommend a minimum of 2,000 mg a day. And that's a bare minimum.

I just fought off bronchial pneumonia by taking 1,000 mgs every three hours for 10 days (except while sleeping) and it worked great. (About 6,000 - 8,000 mgs a day)

It was definitely bronchial pneumonia as I normally get it every year at least once and it usually puts me in bed for -7-10 days while feeling miserable, coughing, with fluid in the lungs.

I could tell immediately as I woke in the morning and had not taken a shot for 8 hours. I was all stuffed up, throat a little sore and a terrible runny nose.

As soon as I got out of bed and started my dosing the symptoms would be reduced by about 80% - 90% within 15 minutes.

It ran it's course in about 14 days and never settled in my chest, no fluid in the chest. I had a slight cough for about 2 days but the entire time my energy levels were high and had NO down time.

I think it worked fantastic and if it happens again, I'll try doubling my dosing to see if I can completely eliminate all symptoms.

So remember - if you are sick you will need 10 times the normal dose.

Everyone's body's are different and body weight plays a role as well. So some people need more and some people need less.

Side note: I weighed myself yesterday (haven't done that in at least 6 months) and I'm down 15 pounds. I'm about 40 pounds overweight (now only 25
) so I don't enjoy weighing myself all the time. So is a side affect of the Vitamin C weight loss? Well see if I lose another 15 over the next 6 months. I haven't started exercising or changed anything in my diet so I'm not sure of the cause of the weight loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join