It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by muzzleflash

I've known people who are very "healthy" running 5 miles a day and drop dead of pancreatic cancer.

Anyway its not my desire to argue about the efficacy of supplements. I agree with you about the importance of whole foods. I am not advocating people do nothing but eat doughnuts and drink Pepsi as they get there supplements.

I would love to have a garden but I live in an apartment complex. We shop at the local farmers market though. I personally buy organic when I can. Heck, we are even planning on renting a house so we can have a garden!

The farmers market should be a really good place to shop.
Odds are your produce is far less contaminated.

I didn't really intend or plan to argue anything it was just a eventual consequence of me thinking about it and being interested in the topic.

I came in initially thinking (as I read the first pages) "Oh this sounds awesome!".
But then I started thinking and questioning things...and now I kind of feel it is unnecessary and overkill.
Unless of course someone is trying to cure a specific ailment than it makes sense to over do it a bit.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
FYI, I made and consumed 2 oz. of this stuff this morning, and I just got back from jumping rooftops in downtown Chicago/round-housing a would-be robber through a brick wall.

Don't take it if you can't handle the responsibility of having superpowers...

With great vitamin c supplementation comes great responsibility!

link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
too much vitamin C will constipate you.

No its really quite the opposite. I know been there - done that.

link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'll also join this little experiment (but I'll be using a blender rather than an ultrasonic cleaner) and will post results here too (including blood-glucose levels).

Chr0naut. I dont think you'll get the same effects with a blender. I think the sonification of the mix breaks the Vit c up into smaller particles and specifically helps the lecithin lipids to coat the vit c.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
deleted ... accident
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by MegaMind

Well that's where we differ. I believe in whole foods, you believe in supplements. FAT is what makes a vitamin or mineral stick to a cell. If you eat something high in vitamins and minerals, but lack a source of fat .. you become malnourished very quickly. This is one of the dangers of vegetarianism .. so you need a fat and protein supplement. Like peanuts, soy, fish if you're not picky etc. It's actually healthier to eat a salad loaded with veggies and a pork chop than it is just a salad.

Hence why they are coating Vitamin C with soy fat... they are recreating the natural process of a omnivorous diet. Why? Why not just be an omnivore?

That is hilarious.

You remember that cartoon when we were kids, "The Jetsons"?

And how they only ate these little pills which contained all of their nutrition ?
And they were flavored like actual meals, etc?

We are trying to become the Jetsons, slowly but surely.
Without the cool robot maid, the flying cars, or the altitude changing habitation quarters.
edit on 1-6-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You are aware that humans and the great apes need vitamin C but are the only species that can't produce it on their own. Even insects make their own vitamin C. Not only do other animals make it but they make it in huge quantities compared with what we get from our diets.

*shrugs* .... Take it up with the creator ...
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

So apes go to the store, and buy supplements?

Or do they just eat good foods as a solution?

Why do humans "NEED" these supplements? They don't, unless they have an ailment that needs to be resolved.
The only reason they are on the market today in our society is because half our food is complete garbage and doesn't have the necessary amount found normally in nature.

How the hell did caveman do so well fighting mammoths and saber tooth tigers, then running 20miles barefoot in the forest? He didn't have these supplements...

Answer the dang question. Answer it sufficiently and I could change my position, but as of now I am still somewhat on the fence about the need to take anything like this at all.

The basics of Linus Pauling's incredible award winning research was the fact that ALL mammals make their own vitamin C, except for us and guinea pigs. This is one of the reasons that guinea pigs are used as research animals, their metabolism is very like our own. The primates absolutely flood their tissues with C, every minute of every hour of every day.

To answer your questions, the cavemen didn't live in a polluted environment with chemicals, radiation and all sorts of other things to de-tox out of their systems every day, their food and water was utterly pure and they got optimal amounts of exercise, fresh air and sunlight. We spend our lives in cubicles under florescent lighting (horrible stuff!), eating packaged poisonous food that is mostly corn syrup and getting no exercise at all. Oh and don't forget the electromagnetic waves that we're awash in every day. A gorilla eats all day long and can consume dozens of whole bananas, skins included in a day. He can eat the bark off trees, and will happily eat grubs and other monkeys, for that matter. Their DNA is also different from us in a particularly bizarre way (we lack two DNA pairs all the primates have, for some reason). See Lloyd Pye for more of this intriguing research.

So, it's fine if you'd rather just eat your oranges and yes, that's better than nothing. Let other people try this, maybe some good information will come of it. If it's just placebo effect, they are hurting nothing except their own pocketbooks. It's people who attack every new idea, like you, who down through the centuries have scared people off from new thoughts, new ways of doing things and possible life saving inventions. The first guy who recommended that doctors actually wash their hands between autopsies and attending women in childbirth was drummed out of the profession by 'well educated' professionals who thought he was out of his mind. Remember that...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT

OVER 400 PILLS A DAY.

Or you could quit trolling a serious thread..

So you think that over 400 pills a day worth of Vit C is necessary to live a healthy life?

You are trolling me, I was the one being serious.

Claiming that anyone needs this much of anything is just absurd.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

The basics of Linus Pauling's incredible award winning research was the fact that ALL mammals make their own vitamin C, except for us and guinea pigs. This is one of the reasons that guinea pigs are used as research animals, their metabolism is very like our own. The primates absolutely flood their tissues with C, every minute of every hour of every day.

I think you missed my point entirely.

First of all I never told anyone they cannot do it, it's safe, no ones gonna get hurt.

However, my problem is wondering why human beings, who do not naturally produce tons of V C in their body, are trying to copy the other animals and be like them by flooding their bodies with this chemical?

Is nature wrong? Is the blueprint for human chemistry faulted?

Or are people going a little overboard with all this health nut crap (which promotes industrial applications and methodology)?

I am of the opinion that nature was right, and that human beings do not need this much of this chemical.
There is no need for 400 pills worth of this stuff in one dosage.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
FYI, I made and consumed 2 oz. of this stuff this morning, and I just got back from jumping rooftops in downtown Chicago/round-housing a would-be robber through a brick wall.

Don't take it if you can't handle the responsibility of having superpowers...

With great vitamin c supplementation comes great responsibility!

This is almost like a religion.
Pertinent questions go unanswered, meanwhile complete fabrications are passed off as actual reports. Oh it was a joke? Well forgive me, everyone keeps saying this is a "Serious thread".

And if you dare question it, well than you are "trolling", or whatever.
Yall are just mad because it was revealed the "natural remedy" is actually some sort of an abomination of modern industrial applications.

I'll go back to attacking regular religions or governments or corporations because they have thicker skin and can withstand my criticisms better. Since my inquisition is not wanted nor even considered at all here, than I believe my time is up.

It's funny people love it when I agree with them, but when I start questioning our beliefs and discovering that we believe in bullcrap I get into trouble.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't wan tto pee on your fire you all but I have not seen anyone post
evidence that this actually produces lipo vit c.

Also are the results that people claim a placebo effect or a result of vitamin c in solution
or the lecithin etc or in fact the lipo c?

Limbo

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You made your point many posts back.

What is your point now?

Are you now simply trolling this thread?

Do you not want this discussion to continue?

How about giving this thread a little breathing room now ...

-------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm out for a while, probably for the weekend ...

I'll be back to posts on anything else I experience either positive or negative ...

To everyone else please do keep posting your experiences with this Liposomal C. Look forward to reading about it.

Mega

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm waiting for all the website banner adverts to appear with this product for sale now, you know they're coming...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow, now I have to try it.

Thanks. This can go good with WPG and WPS.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah I totally don't get the need for trolling this thread.
I also have NEVER seen a troll admit to being a troll or a crazy person admit to being crazy.

It would be real nice to read thru this thread and learn from the people who are trying or are going to try this as well as other methods but alas, we have to weed thru the trolls to find a little nugget of info.

muzzleflash, I really do think everyone here knows where you stand on the issue but the problem is, you are getting off topic and asking/proposing an argument that no one wants to have because it isn't what this thread is about.

Now, I can't stop you from trolling but just know that the more you do, the more you are ruining your credability and from what I have seen, you seem to be a long standing member with a decent reputation. Let it go dude.
What do you have to gain by trolling this thread?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I find it really unfair that if one disagrees or questions something they are just trolling.

It actually sucks because it appears that the "social group" uses peer pressure to change other's viewpoints or to ostracize them to the point of being afraid to disagree publicly at all.

Who cares if I am wrong or right, just let me have an opinion like everyone else without calling me names and insinuating that I have ulterior motives or some other crap.

What's wrong with free expression of disagreement anyway?
Why should the pipeline get clogged with accusations of trolling?

Look I actually do indeed like and respect almost all of you members posting here. I appreciate and value your ideas and contributions on all subjects and all forums. I do not want to turn a simple disagreement over what amount of X chemical we should take, into something angry and hurtful.

I was just trying to discuss the subject and question the various facets of it.
If a question bothers you, the key here is to ask yourself "why does it bother me that X was said?"
Ask yourself if you really know for sure what is going on, and then proceed to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah I totally don't get the need for trolling this thread.
I also have NEVER seen a troll admit to being a troll or a crazy person admit to being crazy.

Read my post above.

And explain to me why if someone questions or disagrees they are trolling?

Is it because you are a closet totalitarian and believe that only your point of view is the only one worth being posted on ATS and therefore has dibs on legitimacy?

Or can you admit you are getting emotional because an "Idea" you are emotionally invested into and attached to is being questioned? And that you could be wrong?

Oh but I'm just trolling right?

Right- I am trolling - for the Truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist
I'm waiting for all the website banner adverts to appear with this product for sale now, you know they're coming...

That's old school advertising.

The new way is grass roots and to make it appear unconnected to the industry in any way at all.

This way you can still sell your industry products such as refined chemicals and electronic appliances en masse without anyone ever knowing that they were consumers caught on the hook of the fisherman's pole.

Of course I am being facetious and applying sarcasm, but am I really that far from the truth?
That is the question.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't think anyone dislikes your opinion or has a problem with your opinion OR your questions.
But how many times can you make your point before you move on?
I think everyone is aware of where you stand on this issue don't you?

There are many people here who are interested in the ideas put forth by the OP and nothing you can say is going to change that. We are all well aware of your opinions on the matter but no amount of force OR logic is going to change the fact that this is a topic which people want to explore.

Has it occured to you that you may be wrong?
Is it my responsability to PROVE this to you?
NO.

Just understand that, while you may THINK you are right, you MAY just be TOTALLY wrong.

If the human body was so God Damned awesome I wouldn't have to wipe my ass everytime I sat down to take a # now would I????

Does a god damned ape have to do that?!?!
How 'bout a tiger?
A Llama?
Gerble?
Goat?
Dog?
Cat?
Opossum?
Raccoon?

F the human body.
It is obvious that we could tweak it a little to be more efficient.
This is why I want to learn all I can about things like this.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
too much vitamin C will constipate you.

No its really quite the opposite. I know been there - done that.

Yes, person 1 can come in and make a 100% false claim. But it's not trolling.

Person 2 can claim they got super powers, again 100% false. But not trolling.

Someone questions it, and guess what? TROLLING!

Don't you just love modern social dynamics?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join